dreamwootseeker

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dreamwootseeker

High time this got rejected. Clearly off-topic (reason for rejection) and clearly pandering (unfortunately not a reason for rejection, sigh).

rivetheart

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rivetheart
Re: How Are Rainbows Made.

i am SO glad that this wasnt rejected! /dance i LOVE it! its so funny and cute-i cant resist! ;)

SubBass49

quality posts: 3 Private Messages SubBass49
Ezshrkman wrote:It’s the talk of the town around here..
But now everybody is killing butterflies “some people are doing it with flame throwers” and the property values have plummeted!
Man... talk about Butterfly effect!

Hahaha...

"Local entrepeneur Wilford Higgins has decided to take an approach that is altogether 'fluttery' to some. That's right, he's selling flamethrower-roasted butterflies at his roadside stand, right next to the gator-jerky. So far sales are slow, but he's hoping this news report will increase his bottom line. Talk about your 'bug-brained' ideas (ha ha ha)."

"Now here's Tom with the local weather..."

mathuect

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mathuect
Re: How a Kitten Works

Huh, they left off the fact that a little bit of meat tenderizer and you have a DELICIOUS meal for two!

derubermax

quality posts: 0 Private Messages derubermax
Re: Epic Failure

I must have this shirt! You've got my vote!

ItlanIsAGeek

quality posts: 6 Private Messages ItlanIsAGeek
Re: Laughter: Serious Business

Instead of Thriller put... A fart. I'm in for one!

JRWorkshop

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JRWorkshop

No se si imprima. Pero si no lo logra aquí, trata de imprimirlo en otro lado. De verdad que está muy bien hecho. Soy colombiano y me parece tremendamente bueno y creativo.
Muy bacano tu estilo.
Ps. Severos los luchones!

llandar

quality posts: 32 Private Messages llandar
paigeg wrote:>sigh< Rejectionator in 3...2...1...

Definitely.

llandar

quality posts: 32 Private Messages llandar
sirsaff wrote:"HOW ACTUALLY TO THINK GREEN?"

Off topic THIS week, but I like the style and the image itself. I hope you stick around for future derbies!

Azurett

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Azurett
Re: How Are Books Made?

Ugh, I can't stand watching this get more and more votes but it not popping in the fog. I understand it was in the fog...what's so great about some of the shirts in the fog currently? And now the vampire shirt is catching up...and will probably pass this one, considering how far it has jumped over night.

Azurett

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Azurett
parkerread wrote:BACK IN FOG NAO!!!!!!!!

What shirt popped out of the fog, when this one popped in?

tplante

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tplante

Shoud of put colors on the bottles.GOOD JOB!!!

guardian66

quality posts: 0 Private Messages guardian66

Thanks for the input. It's not a bunny, it's a coyote, but one has to be careful because of copy-write issues not to make a coyote look to much like Wiley. But thanks for the comment, I'm new at this and am trying to understand what appeals to people.

Mavyn

quality posts: 23 Private Messages Mavyn
truffleshuffle wrote:I got this idea from Terry Pratchett a little bit...

That was the first thing I thought of when I saw the entry, before reading your comment.

Love it. Absolutely brilliant!

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

swimatm

quality posts: 1 Private Messages swimatm
Re: How a slinky works

love it.

guardian66

quality posts: 0 Private Messages guardian66

Thanks for the input, but remember,- most older bee's pick-up lines in a bar are off-base and insincere. Just lookin’ to party! This is obviously an older bee who’s lost his wings and has a comb-over, drinking his troubles away and sees a last shot (on ladies night in the local pub) at some pollination. Alcohol always plays a factor! Just havin’ fun. Thanks again for the comment!

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
Re: how ice cream works.

This is certainly messed up, but I like it! Shirt.woot needs more good artists with completely oddball ideas around here!

Keep em coming!

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

Ezshrkman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Ezshrkman
GeorgiaPeachiePie wrote:I thought it was a uterus too.

Awesome!
JK =)

thekatt

quality posts: 2 Private Messages thekatt

I need this shirt. So much.

sreopelle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sreopelle
Esoteric1081 wrote:Yeah, I first thought the political thing, then looked again and got it (dynamite over a dude's head). Put a Bunny or Kitty in there and change it to a kitten dies or something like that. (I would have said use an earthworm had it not been banned this derby.)

What is it with gun opposition and death? Why not everytime you pull the trigger someone'e property is protected? IMO It would be most funny if it was changed to "How a gun works."

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 225 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: Chimerical Cook

Lovely design on the dragon, Stargaziey. It's a fun, bold shirt! GMV. ^_^

cmdixon2

quality posts: 21 Private Messages cmdixon2
Re: Can You Hear Me Now?

Thanks for the support, guys!
Yeah, I started with the controls/dish being gray as well, but it just got lost on the shirt. I decided to make it red to draw attention to the punchline.

I was originally going to add silly labels (ie. "beefarino can", "red yarn", "advanced communications satellite") to each piece, but felt it would probably be stronger and flow better without them.

Thanks again, all!

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: How a Kitten Works

@kaikitsuki49 - Thanks! Seriously, cats are born with these parts that just collectively have incredible power, hehe.

@Jedigreedo - Sweet, thanks=)

@Azurett - Hmmm... yup, it is too late now, but you're probably right, perhaps I could have at least eliminated button nose for a bit less text (though their button noses ARE so cute!)

And, if you want one - you should adopt one There are soooo many kittens in need (especially right now, kittens tend to be born now) that are abandoned and orphaned and need homes and people to love them and care for them like you!:D

@matheuct - ack! First off they are much too small to be a meal for 2.

And second - Public announcement: keep your kittens away from mathuect!!!

IgnatiusRiley

quality posts: 1 Private Messages IgnatiusRiley

Please please please PLEASE let this win. A fervent anti-Twilighter I know has a birthday coming up and this would be perfect for her.

graffd02

quality posts: 1 Private Messages graffd02
Re: Stephenie the Vampire Slayer

My first Fog!

Thanks Everyone!!!

swimatm

quality posts: 1 Private Messages swimatm
Re: How Woot Shirts Are Made!

Funny. Makes sense it got rejected though.

susanbbq

quality posts: 0 Private Messages susanbbq
JesseBYAH wrote: Is the firefly conducting the fireworks? Good stuff, gmv!

Thanks JesseBYAH. Yes, the firefly is conducting the fireworks. I'm not sure if it's visible but the fireworks are made up of fireflies dancing. What's gmv? I'm new here

susanbbq

Re: how cupcakes are made

Super cute!

susanbbq

Re: Birdsong

Wow. Beautiful. This may be your first entry, but I bet you have years of drawing experience.

susanbbq

Re: How rain works!

Aww. Poor monster. I don't like rain too, but I like flowers. More rain, more flowers.

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
graffd02 wrote:Thanks for having my grammatical back paigeg!

High five!

>SMAK!<

paigeg

cmdixon2 wrote:

I was originally going to add silly labels (ie. "beefarino can", "red yarn", "advanced communications satellite") to each piece, but felt it would probably be stronger and flow better without them.

Thanks again, all!

Good choice - totally self-explanatory.

paigeg

IgnatiusRiley wrote:Please please please PLEASE let this win. A fervent anti-Twilighter I know has a birthday coming up and this would be perfect for her.

Lol! I wasn't thinking along those lines, but now I suddenly want to buy one for a certain fervid Twilight FAN I know. (Yes, I'm aware I have a mean streak...)

parrotice

quality posts: 6 Private Messages parrotice
AdderXYU wrote:I hate Twilight as much as the next person who has half a brain, but seriously, can you people not see that this is incredibly mediocre? the text and graphic is sloppy (not to mention the awful font), the concept is not really solid (how does CREATING a vampire kill it? what is "working" here?) and the design is full-on stupid. You'll really wear this? Seriously?

I don’t get the animosity for what seems like every designer that uses a different style. What's the deal with that? This shirt is funny! Perhaps the joke was missed? The shirt is saying that a certain author who butchered the vampire genre with sparkling vampires killed the genre. It's hysterical! And the graphic is perfect. Love that no-face "caution" guy! I’d definitely wear one.

Sheesh.

Where's the crap?

momtiger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages momtiger
AdderXYU wrote:I hate Twilight as much as the next person who has half a brain, but seriously, can you people not see that this is incredibly mediocre? the text and graphic is sloppy (not to mention the awful font), the concept is not really solid (how does CREATING a vampire kill it? what is "working" here?) and the design is full-on stupid. You'll really wear this? Seriously?

It's the thought that counts!

susanbbq

Re: How rain works!

Aww. Poor monster. I don't like rain too, but I like flowers. More rain, more flowers.

paigeg

Easy, Chief. While I'm not a huge fan of this design, I really do appreciate the thought and emotion behind it. I read all the Twilight books, getting more impatient with every page. Then I saw the first movie, so badly cast and butchered even a mediocre novel was gutted of substance. I haven't seen the second - special effects just aren't enough for me.
Any-hoo... While this m ay not be the most brilliant shirt, or the most well-done, it pushes a button for a lot of people that NEEDS pushing. So I respect it for that. Maybe it really doesn't belong in this Derby, and even more probably, not in the fog. But it would make a great shirt, it really would. If I'd seen this elsewhere, I probably would have bought it out of sheer spite to my Twilight-zombie friends. I have not voted for it, because I happen to agree with you on its mis-application of the theme. But c'mon - it's funny, it really is!

kylemittskus

quality posts: 234 Private Messages kylemittskus
sasham62 wrote:And it's unfortunate that voters don't seem to care.

Welcome to shirt.woot.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

parkerread

quality posts: 0 Private Messages parkerread
Azurett wrote:What shirt popped out of the fog, when this one popped in?

I don't remember exactly. I do, however, know that I'm not a fan of any that currently find themselves in a foggy vote-ridden state, haha

paigeg

Re: How Amps Work

Man, the total rocker side of me is SO not happy that this isn't getting more love. I would rock this shirt at the AiC show next month...