lucky1988

quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988
Re: The Secret to Clouds

great characters and style!

smedgrick

quality posts: 3 Private Messages smedgrick
Re: How Are Rainbows Made.

I hope this wins. I have one party shirt - the sex drugs - and I wish to have another.

Gorosaurus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Gorosaurus
Re: The Speak and Spell

This is unmitigated awesome

Gorosaurus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Gorosaurus
Re: Hmm...tastes like chicken

Thanks guys, I tried to find a way to get the idea across as, uh, comforting as could be. I figured that the idea was ridiculous enough that the idea that different meats could be culled together from chickens would keep people from analyzing it so deeply.

In retrospect, the shelves with the meat names on it would have done the trick. Thank you for the good ideas

XshadowraithX

quality posts: 0 Private Messages XshadowraithX
Re: How FIRE EXTINGUISHERS work

LOL from the small icon pic I figured it was just a bottle of like CO2 inside a fire extinguisher and I was like meh.

Then I was reading the comments and stumbled over "mentos". Scroll back up...ROFL! Yyyeaaa mentos n diet coke!!! awesommee..!

skittlesrainbow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skittlesrainbow

This is by far the best entry in a Derby I have seen in quite some time! I love it, GMV

monkeymonk42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages monkeymonk42
Re: The Sound Barrier

This shirt is the best trololo shirt i've seen so far. I would wear this proudly. (even though i'm not sure how it fits the theme but i really do not care)

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 210 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: How your house gets dusty

It's great you're doing that, paigeg. Thanks for the encouragement.

@Jedigreedo & doomferret - thanks so much! They may not have appealed to everyone but I have a big soft spot for these creepy guys. They will be back someday... with reinforcements....

:^)

Spiritgreen

Re: How Storms are Formed over the Ocean

The more I come back to this, the more I wish I could buy one.

HM this Woot! HM it like your life depends on it!

blackfoxx12

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blackfoxx12
Scenester wrote:i think im in love with this shirt. its probably my favorite in the derby.

aww well thank you. that's a huge self-esteem (or ego?) boost!

blackfoxx12

apeman wrote:Hello woot entry neighbor, i really like your design the hand drawn aspect is really neat goodluck!

hey thanks a lot, fellow woot neighbor! good luck to you, too!

blackfoxx12

ShelbyLyn122 wrote:Get thee to the Reckoning page a buy something so you can vote!!

i'm flat broke, that's the problem with those of us without jobs...

eblin80

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eblin80
billratio wrote:If adder doesn't like your shirt it's not necessarily a bad thing.

↑ This

Fatstrat06 wrote:I've grown weary of Adder's consistently negative and hateful comments.

↑ and this

kabob983

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kabob983
parrotice wrote:I don’t get the animosity for what seems like every designer that uses a different style. What's the deal with that? This shirt is funny! Perhaps the joke was missed? The shirt is saying that a certain author who butchered the vampire genre with sparkling vampires killed the genre. It's hysterical! And the graphic is perfect. Love that no-face "caution" guy! I’d definitely wear one.

Sheesh.

+1, you're looking too far into it Adder. It's not about literally killing vampires, it's more of the idea of what kills the vampire-ness. The current crop of "vampires" are so far off from the original concept that it's essentially killed what makes them vampires in the first place.

At least that's my feeling.

-Kabob

Ezshrkman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Ezshrkman
paigeg wrote:Something unfortunate happened here. Totally gross and unwearable to some of us, but your talent is undeniable:
In the spirit of thatrobert's BLAs, I've decided I want to recognize some derby submissions that didn't cut the mustard. Can't promise I'll pull this off every week (I would LIKE to), but I felt some folks who put it out there deserved some attention...

CONGRATULATIONS on winning the YOU ROCK AWARD!
{{Mod note: your image is too large, both in screen size and file size. It's starting to look spammy. Please change accordingly.}}

This means you are definitely NOT going to get printed following this Woot Derby.

But it also means that you
A. Subbed a great first effort
B. Subbed a design that for some reason just didn't rock the vote
C. Got Rejectionated but should definitely try again and/or re-sub in a more appropriate derby or as a daily
D. I like you

Take it for what it's worth - just wanted to give you a nod for the effort and make sure you keep trying. Rock on!

Awesome!!!!!
Thank You so Much!!!!!!!!!!!
This made my day! =)

Ezshrkman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Ezshrkman
apeman wrote:That must have been one special pig...

Very special indeed! =)

InkWiz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages InkWiz
Squanderdalfast wrote:I really like this shirt and have voted for it.

But I would love to hear you talk about the composition. How you came up with the idea and how you decided to execute it in this way.

Thanks.

Good luck with this one.

And to all the people who don't know what to vote for, please vote for this, because I'd love to wear it.

Well I will start off by saying thank you, I am really glad you like this shirt.
The idea was actually from a friend of mine that said they have been looking for a shirt with a tree but instead of leaves they want books. I thought it was a wonderful idea so why not make one. I talked to Watchercnh who does the drawings and we went with it. We had this drawn up for a few weeks just hoping there would be a derby we could use it for. I almost used it for the "Earth Day" but didn't think it would fit the theme that well.
At first for the coloring I had inked it in black and I really didn't like the way it looked. It was just too much of a bold outline. Thats why I went with dark brown for the ink color. The rest of the color I just wanted to make really natural and not so saturated. And thats about it, I was happy the way it came out when it was done, but even happier that everyone is supporting this. So once again thank you to everyone it is much appreciated!

http://threadless.com/submission/323515/Blue_Books_Of_Sorrow

shirtshark

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shirtshark
Re: How a Kitten Works

You know what this design needs? A big rejected stamp for violating the rule of not writing a thesis on a shirt. I've got to agree with adder that without the text, this design is just a picture of a cat.

hanleycm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hanleycm
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=41659]

NOOOOOOooooooo!!! Man, I really wanted this shirt...

Jaggerthehyena

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jaggerthehyena

If this was done by someone who could actually graphic design, this shirt would be amazing, but sadly the emotion and the thought behind this shirt just isn't enough for me.

punkrock210

quality posts: 0 Private Messages punkrock210
Re: The Secret to Clouds

I love love love it!

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
Re: The Robot in the Camera

IT's a shame this isn't doing better. The robit is well done, and it's an uncommon shirt color for the derby.

GMV.

SkekTek

Re: How toasters work in Tokyo

Hahaha! I love it!

Great job on the shading- it's very well drawn!

graffd02

quality posts: 1 Private Messages graffd02
Jaggerthehyena wrote:If this was done by someone who could actually graphic design, this shirt would be amazing, but sadly the emotion and the thought behind this shirt just isn't enough for me.

Wow, harsh... If you looked at my other designs in this derby alone, you would realize that this is a little away from my normal style... I just wanted to try something new, and It's doing well...

thanks for the support everyone,

and I'm sorry you don't like it Adder, maybe you'll like my entry for next week, k?

blackfoxx12

sasham62 wrote:"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

"INCONCIEVABLE!!!"

ste7enl

quality posts: 15 Private Messages ste7enl
Re: Meme Machine

thanks everyone, today is the big day...I really appreciate all the support and comments along the way

vividimaginer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vividimaginer

i so rarely LOL when i see these entries...well frickin' done

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 32 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
paigeg wrote:

Oh, wow! Thanks so much Paige! It's really a great thing that you recognize people for their efforts. I appreciate the validation and this gets me extra motivated for the next derby! You get a "You Rock" award from me for being a positive part of this community :-)

Perhaps - never can tell with the voting Woot crowd. Meanwhile:

In the spirit of thatrobert's BLAs, I've decided I want to recognize some derby submissions that didn't cut the mustard. Can't promise I'll pull this off every week (I would LIKE to), but I felt some folks who put it out there deserved some attention...

CONGRATULATIONS on winning the YOU ROCK AWARD!
{{Mod note: your image is too large, both in screen size and file size. It's starting to look spammy. Please change accordingly.}}

This means you are definitely NOT going to get printed following this Woot Derby.

But it also means that you
A. Subbed a great first effort
B. Subbed a design that for some reason just didn't rock the vote
C. Got Rejectionated but should definitely try again and/or re-sub in a more appropriate derby or as a daily
D. I like you

Take it for what it's worth - just wanted to give you a nod for the effort and make sure you keep trying. Rock on!

coerciveutopian

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coerciveutopian

Wheres the step where you hope your parents are wealthy so you have life way easier than others?

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 32 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
Jedigreedo wrote:Very nice, the images are pretty subtle and yet have such an impact.

Thanks! I was going for simple yet get the point across.

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
AdderXYU wrote:I hate Twilight as much as the next person who has half a brain, but seriously, can you people not see that this is incredibly mediocre? the text and graphic is sloppy (not to mention the awful font), the concept is not really solid (how does CREATING a vampire kill it? what is "working" here?) and the design is full-on stupid. You'll really wear this? Seriously?

Hey man, this is the best shirt since "Tuesday is gonna be rough".

FatJ

quality posts: 0 Private Messages FatJ
AdderXYU wrote:I hate Twilight as much as the next person who has half a brain, but seriously, can you people not see that this is incredibly mediocre? the text and graphic is sloppy (not to mention the awful font), the concept is not really solid (how does CREATING a vampire kill it? what is "working" here?) and the design is full-on stupid. You'll really wear this? Seriously?

You really dont get the joke? You seriously cant understand how writing a book about vampires that sparkle, which then becomes a movie, that is then shoved down our throats by the mass media, kills vampires for those of us with half a brain? Seriously?

Adrian S Jones

theultimateend

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theultimateend
Re: What Makes the World Turn?

I'm going to start swallowing planets like Galactus if they don't start voting up your shirts to be sold. These things are so worth it >: (.

Spiritgreen

Re: How Natural Selection Works

Thank you all so much for your comments and votes! This was fun to draw, I'm pleased people liked it. ^__^

thatrobert

quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert
ncheremnykh wrote:I really appreciate this show of support, even if it does feel like a nail in my coffin... at least as far as this derbies concerned!

Like I said, I still hope it prints! I'm sure you'll get a Honorable Mention and you'll get another go 'round in the next Do-Over Derby.

thatrobert

quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert
Re: how ice cream works.

Good stuff. I missed this one earlier. I think it's a bit monochromatic -- I have trouble seeing the details of the organs. I'd like to see more of your stuff in the next derby.

SkekTek

Re: How OLEDs work

Can a man get a few more votes to get this to 100 votes?

riddlescn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages riddlescn
niccamarie wrote: Those of us students who can write a decent sentence hate the horrific grammar of our peers just as much as our professors. We're the ones they always want to proofread their work. XD if my shirt does win, I'll be sorely tempted to give one to one particular friend who always asked for proofreading but then felt insulted at how many marks I'd made!

I'm still doing that for my friends/peers. I really hope you get more votes, because I'd buy one for myself, and probably several more for my siblings! This is a great way to visualize the difference, since the pictures are funny but effective. That way, anyone who reads the shirt will be more likely to remember the differences!

jengpage

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jengpage
Ehwell wrote:I'm going to feel stupid if I'm wrong... But shouldn't it be "write a book about a vampire whom sparkles."

Because you would say "write about book about him" not he, "a vampire" is the indirect object in this case, and who (or as it should be whom) is referring to the vampire.

Actually, its correct. Because "who" is the subject of "sparkles". You would only use whom if there was another subject..like "Edward is the vampire whom I hate."

Jedigreedo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jedigreedo
Re: Chimerical Cook

Thanks for the votes and compliments everybody! My OCD-ness wishes we could have acquired a 130th vote, but I appreciate breaking a hundred anyway!