bmelnyk0

quality posts: 41 Private Messages bmelnyk0
Re: Stephenie the Vampire Slayer

for some reason i can't vote for this shirt, or any shirt, i keep loggin out and loggin back in, i dont know whats up.

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

bmelnyk0 wrote:for some reason i can't vote for this shirt, or any shirt, i keep loggin out and loggin back in, i dont know whats up.

Voting for the derby ends at 12.00pm central time on Thursdays.

ivenous

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ivenous
Re: Ask Again Later

Would Buy.

Azurett

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Azurett
parkerread wrote:I don't remember exactly. I do, however, know that I'm not a fan of any that currently find themselves in a foggy vote-ridden state, haha

Me too..

Azurett

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Azurett
InkWiz wrote:Well I will start off by saying thank you, I am really glad you like this shirt.
The idea was actually from a friend of mine that said they have been looking for a shirt with a tree but instead of leaves they want books. I thought it was a wonderful idea so why not make one. I talked to Watchercnh who does the drawings and we went with it. We had this drawn up for a few weeks just hoping there would be a derby we could use it for. I almost used it for the "Earth Day" but didn't think it would fit the theme that well.
At first for the coloring I had inked it in black and I really didn't like the way it looked. It was just too much of a bold outline. Thats why I went with dark brown for the ink color. The rest of the color I just wanted to make really natural and not so saturated. And thats about it, I was happy the way it came out when it was done, but even happier that everyone is supporting this. So once again thank you to everyone it is much appreciated!

Well, thanks for sharing this shirt with us! We all wanted it really badly. If it doesn't get an honorable mention/derby fave (which it should!) then you should definately let us know if you are going to submit it to another shirt selling site. I still want to buy one.

hanael

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hanael
Re: Stephenie the Vampire Slayer

This is great! I had to keep from laughing out loud when I saw it at school!

Normscoffee

quality posts: 23 Private Messages Normscoffee
Re: How a Kitten Works

Can anyone explain to me how this has not been rejected yet?

Normscoffee

quality posts: 23 Private Messages Normscoffee
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=41659]

This gets rejected any the cat shirt doesn't. Sad.

mitchellp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mitchellp
Normscoffee wrote:Can anyone explain to me how this has not been rejected yet?

If I was a betting man, I'd bet its because the woot rejectionator/moderator is probably a 15-year old japanese girl who loves all things cutesy and shiny.

vgstrat01

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vgstrat01
Re: How Amps Work

I WANT ONE!

Toneils

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Toneils
Re: How a slinky works

I like the concept... But the shirt itself is a bit off. First of all, the color is pretty terrible. Also would love it if the equations were formatted better, instead of it all being one line...

And as a previous commenter mentioned, slinkies do have rotational energy.

Really great idea, though. If it was done better I would wear it.

Fenian

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Fenian

Whoa! I am digging this one! (One of my favorites was the penguin-operated Loch Ness Monster.)

nachtstern

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nachtstern
Re: How a Kitten Works

I would buy this in a heartbeat

jjnb420

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jjnb420
Re: How To Cure Ailments

This shirt is amazing! I voted on this shirt, and would vote on it again and again if I could. If you can get this shirt into every derby you can, it would be much appreciated... I think it just got a late start this week and not much recognition, but it's truly wonderful and hilarious!

yobnaisa08

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yobnaisa08

YES!!!!!

jeremytheindian

quality posts: 17 Private Messages jeremytheindian
Re: Physical attraction

This shirt deserves an honorable mention.

Wootx16-Winex1-Kidsx13-Shirtx20-Selloutx8-Homex1-BOCx2

pz@woot

quality posts: 7 Private Messages pz@woot
toby8915 wrote:Is gravity, plus inertia (diagnol equation) combined with the equation for the longitudal wave (horizontal equation)

that little bug cursor thing is freaky!

Signature oh signature, cannot think
of something clever...

pz@woot

quality posts: 7 Private Messages pz@woot
Spiritgreen wrote:I've been looking for a great spring shirt.

::rimshot::

Sweet design toby8915!

Spring Shirt! Perfect - if you don't win, it can go in the next derby! (but good luck in this one!)

Signature oh signature, cannot think
of something clever...

darcypo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darcypo
parrotice wrote:I don’t get the animosity for what seems like every designer that uses a different style. What's the deal with that? This shirt is funny! Perhaps the joke was missed? The shirt is saying that a certain author who butchered the vampire genre with sparkling vampires killed the genre. It's hysterical! And the graphic is perfect. Love that no-face "caution" guy! I’d definitely wear one.

Sheesh.

Adder's right this time... I tattled on this one actually, because it doesn't fit the "How does it work" or "How is it made" theme. It's more of a "How-to" manual. I think it's funny, but save it for a time when it's actually applicable. And I agree that "Twilight" is totally balderee.

Stargaziey

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Stargaziey
Re: Chimerical Cook

Thanks for all the kind words & encouragement, everyone! :D Glad to see this one did as well as it did.

amydealiah

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amydealiah

I soooooo want this shirt. Too bad I can't vote for each shirt I would purchase at one time.

dreiarmumig

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dreiarmumig
devinluck wrote:yeah i made a few mistakes hosting the image of it, it looks really grainy. as far as the size goes i think it is too big but i could reduce it to the correct size. i just dont know how to edit my post or whatever.

-devin

just so you'll know in the future: you can't edit your submission, you have to resub a new one

9thdoc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 9thdoc

This is m oronic 1. This is not a complete depiction of the TARDIS. It is laking the "Police Box" text at the top. 2. The TARDIS is a bloody police box. Meaning that it is an historical object. If this is illegal, than so is every depiction of a police box in any media. 3. It clearly *is* a parody. The joke, DaVinci designing a time machine, is obvious to anyone of moderate intelligence. Bunnies are not required for parody.

smedgrick

quality posts: 3 Private Messages smedgrick

seriously, I can't remember the last time I was excited on a thursday night for a derby champ that I want to win.

whiskers34

quality posts: 0 Private Messages whiskers34
apeman wrote:This makes me excited i'm going to learn quantum physics soon

Famous last words...

mrbarister

quality posts: 30 Private Messages mrbarister
Re: How a slinky works

The vertical equation appears to be the rate of free fall. Since at least part of the slinky is always in contact with the stairs, I'm not sure if "Free fall" would apply.

queboy89

quality posts: 0 Private Messages queboy89
mikenytola wrote:18 *click *lightbulb thx for the clarification.

Lol. Np. We all get excited!

Gaucho85

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Gaucho85
odysseyroc wrote:How come nobody ever gives love to The Reverse Flash?

Because Thawne doesn't speak to me big ones.

kkangda

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kkangda
Re: How Are Books Made?

Aww, I really liked this design. None of the ones in the fog appeal to me. ):

bobfina

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bobfina
9thdoc wrote:This is m oronic 1. This is not a complete depiction of the TARDIS. It is laking the "Police Box" text at the top. 2. The TARDIS is a bloody police box. Meaning that it is an historical object. If this is illegal, than so is every depiction of a police box in any media. 3. It clearly *is* a parody. The joke, DaVinci designing a time machine, is obvious to anyone of moderate intelligence. Bunnies are not required for parody.

Actually, real police call boxes had that text on the top of them.
Metro Police Site

The problem is that the BBC owns the trademark of the police call box. Now isn't that messed up?
BBC Lawsuit

Hektikshok

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Hektikshok
bardofawen wrote:

Still, it's a beauriful design, and I hope we see more of your work!

Yes... any new artist who doesn't use bunnies or other furry critters has an auto vote in my book.

sheshemcgee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sheshemcgee

I might cry if I don't have a chance to order one of these for my daughter. She's quite obsessed with both Buffy & Twilight, and is always coveting my woot shirts.

chibisabbath

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chibisabbath
Re: Meme Machine

Massive props for fitting a Homestar Runner meme in there.

ste7enl

quality posts: 15 Private Messages ste7enl
chibisabbath wrote:Massive props for fitting a Homestar Runner meme in there.

That reminds me, I should check to see if there are any new TGS. Thanks.

tknodell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tknodell
Re: How Are Rainbows Made.

If this prints I will defiantly woot it!! Made me laugh.

Marsupial Vomit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Marsupial Vomit

I want

08-18-06 Started buying too much crap on Woot.
06-28-07 Came to revelation stated above.
05-05-09 Squarrylify I'm broke... Thanks Woot!
09-17-10 Happily married and still broke...
07-10-14 Happily newly employed. NOW HAVE MORE MONEY TO WASTE ON BANDOLEERS OF CARROTS!!!!

davidmalcohen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages davidmalcohen

i would have bought this!

Squanderdalfast

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Squanderdalfast
Re: How Are Books Made?

It just makes so much sense, of course books grow on trees! I need to stop waisting all this time, because they certainly don't come from my fingertips.

: )

good luck if they do a re-do round. And like the guy up-thread said, if you print it elsewhere, then give all us voters a pm about it.

sungl1m

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sungl1m
Spiritgreen wrote:I've been looking for a great spring shirt.

::rimshot::

Sweet design toby8915!

HAH! XD that comment made this my favorite shirt

darkbladearts

quality posts: 2 Private Messages darkbladearts
Re: How Homophones Work

What?? Not even fog? Will you by chance make this available elsewhere?