KromeHWI

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KromeHWI
Re: The Awakening

At last! The long cold sleep is finally over!

It's time to wake up!

Barninator

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Barninator

Oh my. It's a fish delicately, ponderously exploding from a dreaming baseball batter's sublimely under/out of water experience.

This is truly the most abstract (yet cartoonish) thing I have ever seen on this site. Impressive for that. {But i won't buy one.}

lonelypond

quality posts: 409 Private Messages lonelypond
Re: Wake Up, It's Spring!

love the burst of green

Stuntdummy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Stuntdummy
Re: A Spring Owl

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/

"I fear no Winter King"

lonelypond

lonelypond

lonelypond

Re: Sakura Samurai

yes.

lonelypond

Re: Persephone Emerges

excellent...

KromeHWI

Re: The Shining

great design!

not too sure what it has to do with springtime, but its very well done.

(the sun's a little too mad looking for springtime...)

KromeHWI

Re: LIttle Leafy Friends

very nice but maybe too much of it...?

i love the owls and the leaf wall but it's so big and square! it might work better in a more amorphous shape? and with a few fewer owls? its a great idea just maybe taken a little too far? just a thought...

either way, its awesome! good work!

jupilberry

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jupilberry
Re: Spring Forward

Every spring, for daylight savings, time jumps an hour.

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
hustler03 wrote:this is why I wish Woot did more than shirts with the winners. I would love a framed print of this but it's too busy/big for me to actually wear.

I can understand not wanting to wear this, but because it's too busy? If this design is busy, then so are most of my shirts. Not to mention, a well-thought out and executed design can be both busy and very wearable. That word is tossed around too much, methinks.

KromeHWI

Re: Spring Bear

i really love the snow (wood) man!

ill admit i was less interested in the shirt once i saw the rest of it though... the bear silhouette is neat but i dont think it needs it. the beavers are cool too, but i think if it were just a shirt with a few of the beavers and their springtime art piece it would be a much stronger shirt!

still a good job though! love the snow (wood) man!

Jackemmenjaser

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jackemmenjaser

If this doesn't win here, let me know if you'll be printing it anywhere else, I'll buy two.

And, as far as what it has to do with spring, that should be pretty obvious. The sun bursting through to snuffleupagus and murder the snow, with his insane heat and work schedule.

theinvisible

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theinvisible
Re: Spring Lover

I'm having trouble seeing only four colors. On my monitor it looks like magenta, red, yellow, green, blue, cyan, and black.

KromeHWI

Re: Spring Goddess

certainly got the memo on springtime pastels...

but seriously, its a beautiful drawing!

nice work!

KromeHWI

Re: A Lean Winter

bout time someone remembered that even the cutest of our pets are still carnivorous killers at heart! there's so much happy, cutesy fluff in so many of these entries, its good to see that contrasted with some brutal,terrifying reality!

admit it, its a dog eat dog world out there...

hehe!

ps. i think most of us are going to hell... see you there!

KromeHWI

Re: Sssspringtime Ssssubterfuge

haw haw! this cracks me up!

best bunny shirt ive seen on the site yet!

KromeHWI

Re: The Awakening

admittedly this is based on a design i already submitted to a previous derby, but it has been greatly expanded and dramatically improved (at least i think so anyway)...

hope you like it!

KromeHWI

Re: Just Hatched

just you wait...

before you know it, it'll be giving you rides up north to battle the goblins in the mountain pass...

*snff!*

they grow up so fast!

KromeHWI

Re: Moving

whilst clicking on the thumbnail i thought to myself, "this looks like it would be really cool if it were on green and not white." it is in fact why i did not click on the thumbnail before now.

seeing it in the layout mini form with the green bg helps, but it should really be on the green bg for the thumbnail and the comp as well. its too hard to see how the nice details of the hedge animals look against the green background in the tiny layout.

id honestly fix that and resub this and it would probably get a lot more attention (and votes).

great design though, and the hedge animals are really well done!

KromeHWI

Re: From Death, Life

cool!

nice juxtaposition of themes... there are a few other designs with similar ideas but i like this one the best of them.

Good work!

the life cycle is complete!

obnoxiousxb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages obnoxiousxb
Re: Awkward Picnic

this is hilarious!

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Persephone Emerges

Very nice illustration, love the style of your lines... and the colors fit your story well... very pretty work.

geekfactor12

quality posts: 11 Private Messages geekfactor12
Re: Spring Bear

This is so, so, so much better than the thumbnail led me to believe! Seriously, if I hadn't seen it in full on Emptees, I wouldn't have known how rad this is.

Here's hoping I get to wear it

ctajc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ctajc

Is this on a white or cream shirt? Just curious. Love the design though, definitely voting for this one!

brianginther

quality posts: 9 Private Messages brianginther
Re: Awkward Picnic

The version shown on the shirt doesn't have any distressing like the large version and the thumbnail. A resub might be necessary.

crazy4books

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crazy4books
Jenchem2 wrote:I was wondering the same thing. I swear I can see a little beak and two little x eyes, but I have been staring at a screen all day, so I might be a bad judge.

The shirt is cute, but if the dog is happy because he caught a bird, then it is cute and awesome.

I'm thinking it's a cat not a dog.

joaolauro

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joaolauro
AdderXYU wrote:Parody must have:

~Conceptual link to character that explains why its use is vital to your image.

~Personal imaginative spark that makes the final product something you can viably call your own

~Execution of a level that proves you neither flat-out copied nor didn't care about the quality of your final product. Like all art, good parody should have respect for craft involved.

It would behoove wooters to look at this piece and try to understand what the artist has done, because this is really a perfect example of how to do it right. Pinocchio is made of wood, which comes from trees, which grow and blossom in spring. The concept takes that flora idea and turns the boy made of wood, who is nevertheless alive, into a blossoming garden. And it's clearly done by hand (or tablet-hand) with a respect for both the original piece and the artist's sense of self-respect.

In an ideal world, woot would be a lot stricter on this sort of stuff. The site is absolutely flooded any given week with horrible parody to the point where all parody feels tired. But if you people insist on trying to go for the money instead of improving your art, do try to take the lead of this design and do it well, intelligently, and correctly.

That is the most flattering thing I've read here. )
Thanks a lot for your kind words towards my design.

A big thanks to everyone else for the votes, comments and great support so far. Hope it stands like that until the end. ;)

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 210 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: Spring Lover

I love the design Walmazan, and you definitely have a vote from me. I see seven colors though, and I'm almost certain Woot can't print halftones as tiny as these.

I hope I'm wrong!

Azurett

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Azurett
Re: Garden Sprites

Yay for purple!

littleclyde

quality posts: 16 Private Messages littleclyde

You summed it up perfectly

Spiritgreen

Re: snail picnic!

Excellent drawing. :^)

Gotta agree with the resub advice, it's better to do it early. And better to delete this version yourself (red X to the right of the image when you're looking at your entry) so that people focus their voting fingers on the new version!

Spiritgreen

Re: Blowing in the Spring

Bubble birds. Nice to see a classic style that still has some fresh ideas applied to it. GMV!

Spiritgreen

Re: Spring Break-Out!

This worked out great! I agree with tjost, it's your best design. +1!

Spiritgreen

Re: The Following Spring...

Thanks a bunch, odysseyroc and indihar.

I hope the sense of mutual annihilation comes across clearly. This is the most complicated design I've tried, even though the idea itself is simple. ^_^

arcade-art

quality posts: 1 Private Messages arcade-art
Re: Boxes and pipes??!

Wow I love this shirt! but rejection is looming...

............ Video Game Art and Custom Sprites ............

arcade-art

Re: Mother Owl Protecting Babies

this is a great design , but I would have liked to see it bigger on the tee

arcade-art

Re: Good Morning Sunshine

ooh what a happy one, love love

Spiritgreen

Re: My Buddies

Lovely work DianaSprinkle. Too cute for me to wear, but I know someone who would. GMV!