arcade-art

quality posts: 1 Private Messages arcade-art
Re: Springtime Baseball Genie Wish Championship Fall

love the colours you used, awesome and sporty!

............ Video Game Art and Custom Sprites ............

Alkaev

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Alkaev
Re: Come on out, it's Spring!

The big green thing, whatever it is sort of reminds me of a happier friendlier version of the giant turtle from never ending story.
Me like.

arcade-art

quality posts: 1 Private Messages arcade-art
Re: The Following Spring...

awesome work Spiritgreen, the perfect combination of total destruction and hope for the future!

............ Video Game Art and Custom Sprites ............

scarletrayne

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scarletrayne
Re: A Peculiar Discovery

The only problem I have is that it's on black. I have way too many black shirts now and refuse to buy anymore. This would look good on that light blue color that you have as a background. So while I do like it, I can't give my vote because of the black shirt. Sorry.

scarletrayne

Re: Spring Air (ver.2)

Beautiful, whimsical design.

scarletrayne

Re: Spring Goddess

Beautiful colors and illustration. Well done!

notnorm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages notnorm

I am taking this design down for one with better colors

scarletrayne

Re: Spring for Spring

Nice concept, but it's hard to see since it is fuzzy and not clear. The thumbnail is much clearer. Also, I believe you have too many colors so this may be rejected.

TacToc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TacToc
Re: Garden Sprites

Can you please, please, please post a pic of this so I can use it as my computer wallpaper? I love your monsters! Great work and GMV as usual.

Thanks, Toc

notnorm

Changed the colors

darel

quality posts: 1 Private Messages darel

Awesome work, GMV!

scarletrayne

Re: Sakura Samurai

I love everything about this shirt. I can't imagine not owning this. It represents the peaceful, awakening of spring but in a subtle way because of the contrasting darkness. Very nice job. I look forward to adding this to my collection.

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
Re: Spring Goddess

Not a big fan of 'girl' shirts, but this is pretty, and the colors are beautifu. I do agree with the comment on th eiework though - the lines seem to get shaky as they trail off. Esp. the left thigh looks, um, lumpy.

paigeg

Re: Spring Showers

I like the design and the idea. I'm just not really down with the choice of the cranberry shirt.

walmazan

quality posts: 64 Private Messages walmazan
Re: Spring Cleaning

I hope you win lucky! is my favorite this week!

Great work like always!

paigeg

Re: Spring for Spring

You're getting there. You do still need to do a lot of cleanup to make the ines of your drawing clearer. And yes, there is a 6-color limit. Each color needs to be on a separate layer. This will get rejected, but you have talent - keep subbing!

paigeg

Re: Good Morning Sunshine

Oh, so happy and shiny! I'm a little nonplussed by the combo of the crisp details, and the halftones. They seem to be fighting each other, especially in the snowbank.

paigeg

Re: Pay It Forward

Very pretty, and love the concept and colors. I would wear this. I'd like to see the design just a tad larger on the shirt, tho.

paigeg

Re: Garden Sprites

Ah, Truffle - your monsters alwways make me smile!

paigeg

Re: Faun and Flora

Nice design, and defiitely a wearable idea. I think the over-saturation of the colors against the light blue is a bit hard on the eye, though.

paigeg

Re: A Kite for a Kite

Cute idea! And the drawing is crisp. I'm wonderiing, though, if everyone has decided to super-saturate their colors, my monitor is having issues, or maybe I just need more coffee...

paigeg

Re: Sakura Sauce

I love any Asian-inspired art, particularly involving cherry blossoms. I would wear this. But, I have to point out it's not exactly a fresh idea, and I'm having a good deal of trouble with all the deep colors on dark shirts this derby, considering the theme.

notnorm

notnorm

this is nonsense. Yours is clearly the best and should never be out of the fog.

paigeg

Re: Squirrely bird gets the worm

Nice subject - eagles should aways get their due. My main suggestion would be to work on your lineart - beef it up before you color.

paigeg

lizardrebel wrote:He was orange the very first season

Really. The things you learn... SS was my kid sister's thing. I was already groovin' the Monkeys, Gilligan, etc.

Jestik

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik
Re: It's That Time of Year Again

your thumbnail

reminds me of this

paigeg

queboy89 wrote:I'm confused by all the comments...

Don't worry about it - there's a history here you really don't want to get into. I try not to...

Popnfrsh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Popnfrsh
Re: A Peculiar Discovery

Awesome!!!!!!!!!

paigeg

Re: Ahhhh-CHOO! Spring.

Cute idea, but you need to do some work. The design needs to have a shirt composition so Woot (and the voters) know how it's going to look on the shirt. Go to the submissions page for the downloadable templates. I think you need to work on your lineart more, too, make it more assertive, or more sketchy. This is somewhere in between. Nice idea, though - looking forward to seeing more!

paigeg

Re: Pride of Spring

Lovely pen work! I'm not sure the blobby shadow works as well - either because it doesn't conform to the shape of the feather, or because it's done with a totally different brush that doesn't meld well with the fine linework. IDK.

Jestik

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik
Oxyminoan wrote:And will probably fog while other more-deserving designs will be left out in the cold. (forgive the pun)

thank you for quoting me, because my post seems to have mysteriously disappeared.

I didn't think it was inflammatory, just my opinion.

Ramy, I've always said that you have skill and can illustrate from a wide range. BUT, ramy, I also think that you way-too-often don't utilize the skill you have. This obviously didn't take you very long, and I don't think it's mean or cruel to point that out.

I think you are short-changing the derby-goers, and it seems that you slap-dashed an entry to help fund your schooling. (which, by the way, I hope is going well).

oddlyjen

quality posts: 25 Private Messages oddlyjen
Re: Kill It!

It looks Royal on my screen as well. Great design!

brockart

quality posts: 7 Private Messages brockart
brianginther wrote:The version shown on the shirt doesn't have any distressing like the large version and the thumbnail. A resub might be necessary.

Yup. I'm aware of that. If you show the distressing that small, then you can't see any of the figures. I thought if was more important to show the placement of the figures than show all of the minute details.

Thanks for the heads up though!

raevynpheather

quality posts: 0 Private Messages raevynpheather

As far as the shirt goes, great design, I would have bought it. It is too bad that the guys that run the derbies prefer the artsy crap and are so anti-awesome.

At least good shirts do slip through the cracks now and then, hence why I own over 30 shirts (most of which are made by Ramby, Seki, have bunnies, or are video game references).

durandir

quality posts: 0 Private Messages durandir

Very nice! I'd love to see a mythology themed shirt; I'd wear it to state Latin convention in the spring... :-)

BootsBoots

quality posts: 37 Private Messages BootsBoots
Re: What the Bark is THAT

The trees come alive in spring.

MissJamieD

quality posts: 44 Private Messages MissJamieD
Re: Spring Lover

Poor birdie!! But I do love Love LOVE it!!

BootsBoots

BootsBoots

Re: Awkward Picnic

lol! I like this one.