Spiritgreen

quality posts: 215 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: Spring Cleaning

My first thought was the bunnies had eaten a cave full of bears while they were hibernating but looking at the size of things I guess it's people.

So very wrong but cute. Brain says no, heart says yes! ^__^

GMV, fablefire!

reganrabbit

quality posts: 1 Private Messages reganrabbit
Re: Spring Snooze

Thanks for the comments and votes! Hoping I hit triple digits with this one (crossing fingers)

The whole spring forward time change leaves me feeling like this bear... though I love the fall back time change

akd85

quality posts: 0 Private Messages akd85
Re: TRANSFORMATION

Kind of messed up... but GMV

WOOTZing

pkagel

quality posts: 11 Private Messages pkagel

This really shouldn't have been rejected but keep making shirts. I love your witty style.

Re: Springtime! What a relief!

Oxyminoan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Oxyminoan
tgentry wrote:The Rite of Spring

(the first bar from Stravinsky's The Rite of Spring)

Just wanted to voice my support. Definitely one of the best designs to come along in a few derbies.

PabloPalmeri6837

quality posts: 2 Private Messages PabloPalmeri6837
Re: Spring? We hadn't noticed.

This will be reject it has photographs in it

PabloPalmeri6837

Re: Take The Hill!

Idea already used. this should be rejected

PabloPalmeri6837

Re: bee surfing (spring sting)

Made me smile, I like it.

mjhall79

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mjhall79

Thanks for all the feedback guys. Its pretty cool to see that people actually liked our idea. I'm not sure its a design people would really want on a shirt, but I thought scene as a whole was pretty funny. Although it doesn't speak to me we got rejected with no real explanation, in a way I think it may have been a good thing. I can tell people get the idea and what we were trying to get across. We will be submitting more entries in future derbies. I hope this kind of support for our work continues. Good luck to any of you that have entries in this week's derby.

JRWorkshop

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JRWorkshop

Being there....Seen that
Bored of the same manga-like animals formula.

mjhall79

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mjhall79
mjhall79 wrote:Thanks for all the feedback guys. Its pretty cool to see that people actually liked our idea. I'm not sure its a design people would really want on a shirt, but I thought scene as a whole was pretty funny. Although it doesn't speak to me we got rejected with no real explanation, in a way I think it may have been a good thing. I can tell people get the idea and what we were trying to get across. We will be submitting more entries in future derbies. I hope this kind of support for our work continues. Good luck to any of you that have entries in this week's derby.

Looks like my comment was edited. Let me rephrase my sentence. "Although I'm a little bummed that we got rejected with no real explanation, in a way I think it may have been a good thing."

= )

JRWorkshop

You are one of the few true artists around here. That's why is kinda sad to see you getting more votes when you don't use your own characters.
I love your original artwork. I pass on this one

TacToc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TacToc
rglee129 wrote:Thanks for the herpetological comment. I wish I could say I had done some research into snake size and appearance, but I just kind of winged it.

Glad you folks like it- maybe it can crack the top 20 with a late surge. (They print the top 20, right?)

Sadly no, only the top 3 shirts get printed. If this prints somewhere else (after your time is up) then please let me know where.

TacToc

JRWorkshop

Oh man!
This is the proof a design can be cute but still be high quality artwork.
Cute with brain and soul. GMV

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
Re: Spring Clean Sheen

I wish this had been up sooner! It is adorable in fifty different ways. +1 and good luck!

PixelPants

quality posts: 68 Private Messages PixelPants

Baby birds with button eyes need a lot of looking after. I had to do some restitching. The result is v2 which fixes a couple of minor details.

jupilberry

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jupilberry
Re: Silent Spring (Resub)

Everytime I see this I think of Olive Oyl.

DarthElk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DarthElk

What are they shining those shells with? Turtle Wax?

topfrog56

quality posts: 0 Private Messages topfrog56
PixelPants wrote:Baby birds with button eyes need a lot of looking after. I had to do some restitching. The result is v2 which fixes a couple of minor details.

I REALLY love this - as a bird person and a seamstress.... it works on all fronts. What did you change - I can't seem to spot the difference! Great first sub.... I'm sure you will become a successful regular!

Spiritgreen

Re: The Very Hungry Robin (on Creme)

This is brilliant. I like it a lot more on creme too. Definitely needs more votes! +1

(Brawl in the Family had a fun hungry caterpillar parody a while back)

AlexIAm

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AlexIAm
Re: Spring Cleaning

Omelets made great... "Hey Guys" is one of my favorite woot shirts of all time... I REALLY want this sequel... GMV

>insert funny quote here<

Spiritgreen

Re: Daffodile

Way to make your Woot debut! GMV.

Looking forward to seeing your future designs. ^_^

Spiritgreen

Thanks for strategically hiding the turtle genitalia. :p

Seriously, it's very cute and a nice idea. Nice work. +1

arcade-art

quality posts: 1 Private Messages arcade-art
Re: Spring - All Sewn Up v2

nicely stitched PixelPants :D

............ Video Game Art and Custom Sprites ............

reganrabbit

Re: Delicious Spring Rolls

I'm loving the snake entries in this derby, I'd buy this, too. My two snakes "Dexter" and "Capote" would like to vote, but they have no opposable thumbs.

3panman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 3panman
strawberryicee wrote:here's the link to the first "version" of this shirt

Thanks for posting that! While funny, I think the "sequel" shirt actually appeals to me more. Feels like it has more of a story to it.

marzipanapple

quality posts: 7 Private Messages marzipanapple
Re: The Very Hungry Robin (on Creme)

Awesome texture work and excellent parody.

ChefRAZ

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ChefRAZ
Re: bee surfing (spring sting)

just noticed too many colors. duh I'm putting a new version on grass green with some other modifications.

bkearney09

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bkearney09
Stargaziey wrote:This is beautiful! I love the still somber, mood while the flowers are blooming around her. Still trying to shake off that underworld chill, it seems. GMV!

I'm liking it. Quick question for the artist...did you actually use scratchboard for the design? I love scratchboard. Anyways...looks great!

musique174

quality posts: 0 Private Messages musique174

Omelets made great!!! I WANT! I WANT! I WANT!

And I can think of a TON of bassoonists (who have had to play that incredibly hard opening solo) who will also want...!

reganrabbit

Re: Spring Snooze

Yippee!!! Now I get to treat my coworkers to the "Triple Digit Victory Dance!!" *boogie, boogie, boogie* Dare I hope for "The Fog of War Funk" Dance?!

phusion1337

quality posts: 0 Private Messages phusion1337
Re: What the Bark is THAT

Absolutely brilliant! I'm soooo buying this if it makes it. :P

MaliceKaiser

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MaliceKaiser
Re: A Spring Owl

Aw, I wish you would have submitted the colored rendition you did. ): This is a beautiful design, but I think color would have made it perfect.

dukey88

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dukey88
Re: Spring Cleaning!!!

Love the idea!

KromeHWI

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KromeHWI

HA! that's great!

i love the little turtle kid in the back who's romping around neked like little kids so love to do whenever they get the chance!

had it been submitted earlier it probably would have really climbed!

nicely done!

hhtift

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hhtift

Please explain, Woot. How hard could it be?

phusion1337

quality posts: 0 Private Messages phusion1337
Re: The Rite of Spring

Quite an awesome design! I truly hope it makes it. I'm totally buying this if it does. GREAT CONCEPT.

KromeHWI

Re: Grizzly Spring

woah!

great job with the ferocity of the bears!

a little scary for the spring thing, but then again bears are kind of scary (not always just cute and fuzzy)...

nicely done!

KromeHWI

Re: Face Of Spring

neat!

i agree on the color pallet thing, but also that its not a big deal.
perhaps if there were more freshly growing things (like plant buds or flowers or something) it would help to off set the summery colors?

either way, nice work!

Lagbert

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lagbert
reganrabbit wrote:
Please comment if you feel helpful (my last derby wasn't even close to fog much less triple digits which is my goal). I'm trying this time to reel in the color scheme.

Great illustration and wonderful color choices.

The woot community can be really fickle, so don't get discouraged if your design doesn't strike the right cord. I've had designs I've spent hours on go no where, while designs I crank out in 30 minutes sky rocket into the triple digits overnight.

Your work is excellent - good luck! I look forward to seeing your stuff in derbies to come!