+ Add a Comment

Draug

quality posts: 69 Private Messages Draug
Re: A Peculiar Discovery

I'm not even going to address the sudden return of the mongoose-ness. I'm sure others will do that for me.

However, I will say the feet of the standing penguin look sloppy.

The enemy's gate is down.
Writers are people too! (Albeit strange ones.)
Save Poe! Reckon Nevermore! Or he'll be head-locked forevermore!

ffrrostmonkey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ffrrostmonkey

I think my kids watch that show on PBS...

taninniver

quality posts: 0 Private Messages taninniver
mrwednesday wrote:I really like the design, but it doesn't seem to mesh with the shirt very well. I can't say I really know how to fix it but the asphalt just seems wrong.

I actually used the asphalt specifically because I wanted to convey the feeling of a barren landscape. Green or olive would have seemed too verdant and taken the focus off of the sprouting greenery, and while I considered brown, I think the black outlines would have all but disappeared.
Just my reasoning for the color choice there.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
panderb wrote:I wanted to try something new, something that woot has never seen before. And look at that ring! Three carats! what a thought full adorable fellow.

your anatomy is spot-on

PittViking

quality posts: 2 Private Messages PittViking
Re: Sakura Samurai

This would be cool on a brown shirt. Why? I need more brown shirts :D

jboshaw

quality posts: 10 Private Messages jboshaw
Re: A Peculiar Discovery

Well, at least they have actual expressions and not just blank faces!

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 34 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
Re: Spring Break-Out!

Those dancing flowers make me want to go out in the sunshine! Love this, Odysseyroc, and really enjoyed watching your livestream. I just think it's so cool the way you share your talent :D

jboshaw

quality posts: 10 Private Messages jboshaw
Re: Spring Water v2

Lots better than the original! >2.7% by a long shot. I like the placement a lot.

fishbiscuit5

Re: snail picnic!

I remember packing sandwiches to go on picnics with friends in the neighborhood when we were kids. This reminds me of those good times.

Draug

Re: LIttle Leafy Friends

It looks like the shirt comp's design is different than the thumbnail (the lighter green patches under the owls). That's grounds for rejection.

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
Re: Care Free

I wish I had 100 accounts so I could vote for this 100 times. I love this little guy.

fishbiscuit5

Ezshrkman wrote:cute

Thanks! :D

Draug

Draug wrote:I'm not even going to address the sudden return of the mongoose-ness. I'm sure others will do that for me.

However, I will say the feet of the standing penguin look sloppy.

Ahahahaha! So that's what the filter uses mongoose for!! cheebee!!! XD

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation

I love this! It would be great to see the design up in the middle of the shirt though. He's way too cute to be hiding down there. A little contrast would also help the colors pop. I really like the character and angle, great job!

odysseyroc

quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc
fishbiscuit5 wrote:Those dancing flowers make me want to go out in the sunshine! Love this, Odysseyroc, and really enjoyed watching your livestream. I just think it's so cool the way you share your talent :D

Thanks FB. It's fun to do the livestream thing, especially when I can chat while designing.

Fatstrat06

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Fatstrat06
Re: Sakura Samurai

I love this. Don't you dare change that green, it's what ties it into the shirt instead of looking like somebody just stamped in on there, like half the designs I see on here. Beautiful! GMV and will certainly buy if it prints.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
Re: TRANSFORMATION

Parody must have:

~Conceptual link to character that explains why its use is vital to your image.

~Personal imaginative spark that makes the final product something you can viably call your own

~Execution of a level that proves you neither flat-out copied nor didn't care about the quality of your final product. Like all art, good parody should have respect for craft involved.

It would behoove wooters to look at this piece and try to understand what the artist has done, because this is really a perfect example of how to do it right. Pinocchio is made of wood, which comes from trees, which grow and blossom in spring. The concept takes that flora idea and turns the boy made of wood, who is nevertheless alive, into a blossoming garden. And it's clearly done by hand (or tablet-hand) with a respect for both the original piece and the artist's sense of self-respect.

In an ideal world, woot would be a lot stricter on this sort of stuff. The site is absolutely flooded any given week with horrible parody to the point where all parody feels tired. But if you people insist on trying to go for the money instead of improving your art, do try to take the lead of this design and do it well, intelligently, and correctly.

SoupOfFly

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SoupOfFly
jboshaw wrote:Lots better than the original! >2.7% by a long shot. I like the placement a lot.

Sweet! 2.7% was my break even point for the satisfaction vs work curve. Satisfaction achieved!

theWanker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theWanker
deedletree wrote:The daisy looks sinister.

Thanks. I was trying to mirror the puppy with something that's supposed to look cute but really isn't.

This doesn't seem to be voting as well as I'd hoped. Perhaps there isn't as much of a "dead puppy cannibal market" out there as I'd assumed.

Maybe that's not a bad thing.

brockart

quality posts: 7 Private Messages brockart
Draug wrote:It looks like the shirt comp's design is different than the thumbnail (the lighter green patches under the owls). That's grounds for rejection.

I hope not. It's the same shirt color, it's just doesn't have the same layer filter on it.

Guess I'll just have to hope for the best.

Thanks.

mikan36

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mikan36
Re: TRANSFORMATION

Oh my, this is fantastic and hilarious. I love it, and I really like it on Creme! ))

nevetnod

quality posts: 2 Private Messages nevetnod
Draug wrote:It looks like the shirt comp's design is different than the thumbnail (the lighter green patches under the owls). That's grounds for rejection.

I think that might just be an optical illusion as the image gets smaller, the differences in density of the pattern get visually exaggerated.

I like celery.

curiousme

quality posts: 0 Private Messages curiousme
Re: Kill It!

This is hilarious! Great job.

Draug

brockart wrote:I hope not. It's the same shirt color, it's just doesn't have the same layer filter on it.

Guess I'll just have to hope for the best.

Thanks.

nevetnod wrote:I think that might just be an optical illusion as the image gets smaller, the differences in density of the pattern get visually exaggerated.

In either case, it's trippy on the eyes lol ^_^ I love owls; I'll give it a vote and hope it passes.

amesj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amesj
Re: Damped Spring Mass System

One of the colors I actually look good in, can we get another print this week?

curiousme

Re: Carrot Mining

This is such a cute design!

curiousme

Re: LIttle Leafy Friends

I'm such a sucker for owls! GMV.

curiousme

Re: Spring Fever - Confusion

This is too funny! Love it!

kbloomq1

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kbloomq1

Love the illustration! One question though: which of those two male budgies laid those eggs?? :P

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
Re: Spring Cleaning!!!

I like your idea. You need to resubmit, though, on a shirt.woot template. See the submissions page (left frame) for the templates.

paigeg

Re: Just Hatched

Awwww, brand-new baby griffin! I haven't seen one since I stopped reading the Valdemar books. Cute!

paigeg

Re: Reborn

Nice design! I think you could do some cleanup to make it tighter, but good job. My only other suggestion would be to use yellow or purple for the flower, as more common spring (crocus) colors.
/edit to add that you can save a color by using the shirt color for the green, if you want to use another color for some detail or something.

Draug

Re: Just Hatched

Kawaii! ^^

paigeg

Re: Fatal Attraction

I love this concept, and the colors. But the design looks a bit squashed. Did you just resize, or crop to get a square area to resize? Or, you can resize with the proportions locked, as long as it's 540 on a side or smaller... Gotta be square tho, or Woot's resizing results in that squashy look.

paigeg

Re: Blowing in the Spring

TOTALLY got my vote. This is wonderful! I only have two suggestions: First, check your file size in inches to make sure it's no more than 16". It looks a little big to me (outside Woot's print area). Second, I'd love to see pink or white for the cherry blossoms, as more realistic. That said, i do love the pallet as it is.

ncheremnykh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ncheremnykh

It's that time of the year again. The grass is growing, flowers are in bloom, and natural instincts have taken over. Things seemed to
have started-out normally with this pair of budgies but for this male, confusion has set in. Even after owning several budgies I am still amused by their spring antics, rubbing up against random objects, aggressively defending their territory, and at times completely losing their minds. I hope this shirt conveys the humor in budgies’ spring
behavior, especially to bird and animal lovers!

paigeg

Re: Persephone Emerges

Hmmm. What about cranberry? And using the shirt color for the red flowers? I am SO asphalted out, but you still need a contrast. Just a thought.

paigeg

Re: The Chalice

What a nice idea - good job. I think the placement is fine, myself. And glad you got your sig sorted out.

paigeg

This is so cute, and your style is evident (Yes, even though the ice cream with guts creeped me out, I pay attention). I wish that A, the little guy had a mouth; B, that you had a color left to make that salt into pepper (statement on the American diet notwithstanding) and C, that it was placed higher on the shirt. I really think you are outside the print area. Check your template and make sure it falls within the blue lines on the shirt mockup (that's the Photoshop template I'm referring to; haven't worked with others).

paigeg

Re: Care Free

Wow, is that REALLY ony six colors?? Frickin' nice. I'n not getting much of a spring vibe (could be summmer...), but this is too nice not to give a nod to.