WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

We give you guys a theme, we give you some basic guidelines, and at the end of it all a bunch of button-eyed rabbits and penguins (penguin is the new bunny) win it all. And that's fine, really; after all, the voters are the ones buying the shirts. But sometimes, darn it, WE want to buy a shirt. That's why we're dipping into the Honorable Mention shirt designs from Derbies 133 - 145 for your voting pleasure.

Designers: if in the meantime you've opted out of including your design in the Double-Take Derby, or sold/submitted your Honorable Mention design somewhere else, email us at shirt@woot.com by noon tomorrow and let us know. Any design found submitted for voting to another site, sold on another site, or for sale on another site will not be eligible for the Double-Take Derby and will be removed from consideration. Because we're jealous like that.

BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE!

We're giving you a full extra week to brainstorm on our NEXT Derby, which will start up May 21:

Derby #148: Déjà vu

We've all had those moments that make you feel like the Matrix is reconfiguring: did that cat just walk by twice? Have I been in this gas station bathroom before? Didn't I already design a shirt for this theme? Pick your favorite Derby theme from the past and come up with your best new design! Be sure to check out the list at Shirt.What? to make sure you know your options. Obviously you'll want to follow the design restrictions, but each Derby has its own individual rules and regulations, so for the contest just follow these simple rules:

No resubmissions. Not even "significantly altered" ones. Your design has to be brand-spanking new.

No using Derby #55c: Freestyle. Nice try, though.

No copyrighted material.

Keep it classy. No racism, no religious mockery, no drug use or paraphernalia, you know the drill.

Title Your Design with the Derby You've Chosen. We've got to be able to tell somehow.

For early discussion of Derby #148: Déjà vu, head to this forum thread.

odysseyroc

quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc

My one and only HM for this derby.

ChuckRobs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ChuckRobs

zOmelets made great, I have a feeling next week entries will be epic.. time to get planning

GreatClips

quality posts: 3 Private Messages GreatClips

cool! this will give me a chance to explore some derby themes that were around on woot before I was.

Vote at Goodjoe

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation

Go Tgentry Raggon!! I have waited for the double-take specifically for this one ;_;

I dont think I have anything in this one, so I will be rooting for everyone else . Good luck all! There's tons of great shirts that will be in this one.

But seriously...I want the Raggon sooo much!

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 129 Private Messages DianaSprinkle

Wow the new theme IS AWESOME! Also, yay a week to think and plan! THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH WOOT!

Here are my two shirts for the double take!

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo

Lots of good past HM's. Good luck everyone

geekfactor12

quality posts: 11 Private Messages geekfactor12

Ok, quick question- can we just be inspired by a derby theme, or do we need to follow the full rules of that particular derby? (ie, adhere to whatever subject matter, text, or shirt color restrictions there may have been at the time)

Sergio37

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sergio37
geekfactor12 wrote:Ok, quick question- can we just be inspired by a derby theme, or do we need to follow the full rules of that particular derby? (ie, adhere to whatever subject matter, text, or shirt color restrictions there may have been at the time)

i think you need to follow the rules

capedcrusader514

quality posts: 1 Private Messages capedcrusader514
geekfactor12 wrote:Ok, quick question- can we just be inspired by a derby theme, or do we need to follow the full rules of that particular derby? (ie, adhere to whatever subject matter, text, or shirt color restrictions there may have been at the time)

Rules of the derby you select.

Sergio37

any derby?
damm a lot to choose this time

Sergio37

question: how about the derbys without rules?

darel

quality posts: 1 Private Messages darel

From what I gather we just need to follow their "new" rules. I think this should get a better response in the other thread though.

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko

I think I have 2 HMs this round...

This one was a late entry...

And Monkey VS Robot!

Vote!

darel

quality posts: 1 Private Messages darel

Well my first ever inclusion in a Double-Take.

sokowa

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sokowa

Hrrmmm, I don't think I have any HMs this round.
Not sure I can work on the Deja Vu theme either My PC will be packed, I'm so sad right now.

capedcrusader514

I got a couple here. Some I'm quite fond of.

kwilder

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kwilder
capedcrusader514 wrote:Rules of the derby you select.

My interpretation of the new derby rules was that the old derbies had rules, but you needed to follow THESE rules, not that you needed to follow them necessarily. But I could be wrong.

cmdixon2

quality posts: 21 Private Messages cmdixon2

I have five this time around:

"Can You Hear Me Now?"

"The White Stripes"

"Vinyl Is Dead"

"Nurturing Nature"

"Pinkerton"

brockart

quality posts: 7 Private Messages brockart

Here's my HM's for the Double Take!

Draug

quality posts: 69 Private Messages Draug

WooooOOOOoooo! Double-Take! And the next derby sounds interesting as well. ^_^

The enemy's gate is down.
Writers are people too! (Albeit strange ones.)
Save Poe! Reckon Nevermore! Or he'll be head-locked forevermore!

jabberjaws13

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jabberjaws13
capedcrusader514 wrote:I got a couple here. Some I'm quite fond of.

that dunk needs to print.

Happy Beer.

Jedigreedo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jedigreedo

It will be really interesting to see who wins. My sister and I were hoping we'd get into this with our Turtle design, but oh well, I'm looking forward to it anyway.

ressamac

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ressamac

My entry: (clickable)

jewelwing

quality posts: 13 Private Messages jewelwing

Super sweet! I was hoping for a week off. Might actually get to my "to do" list today, yay!
I think these are all of mine...

capedcrusader514

kwilder wrote:My interpretation of the new derby rules was that the old derbies had rules, but you needed to follow THESE rules, not that you needed to follow them necessarily. But I could be wrong.

Actually I think you're right.

jwinogra

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jwinogra
brockart wrote:

So many to choose from in this double-take but I think this one might be my favorite! Just look at that tomato!
Excited to see everyone's entries.

SeedUvPain

quality posts: 11 Private Messages SeedUvPain

Here's my entry for this week:

Got me a sweet Victorian Velociraptor for it. Not a bad deal

cmdixon2

jewelwing wrote:Super sweet! I was hoping for a week off. Might actually get to my "to do" list today, yay!
I think these are all of mine...

You forgot your Madness entry! Loved that one.

vzfamily

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vzfamily

Can't wait to see many of my favorite HM's back!!! SO many I've wanted have ended up in the fog, but not in the top 3. YEAH!

Edited to add the word favorite! LOL

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 217 Private Messages Spiritgreen

This is going to be a heck of a show. Some brilliant HMs coming back tomorrow. (And also 3 designs from me. :p)

I already have some favorites that I can't wait to vote on. The very best of luck to everyone!

coolestghoul

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coolestghoul

I hope Edgar submits "Awesomer" ... I believe it got an HM. I want - nay, I NEED - that shirt!

vzfamily

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vzfamily
odysseyroc wrote:My one and only HM for this derby.

This was the comic derby? This was one of only 2 that I cared for - YEAH!

jewelwing

quality posts: 13 Private Messages jewelwing
cmdixon2 wrote:You forgot your Madness entry! Loved that one.

Thanks! I didn't know that got one.

Your White Stripes HAS to print now - it's genius and ridiculous it didn't make it already. And if Vinyl Is Dead prints I'm buying it. I have some skinny jeans and boots that neeeeed it

graffd02

quality posts: 1 Private Messages graffd02

and

will be my 2 in the derby

walmazan

quality posts: 64 Private Messages walmazan

I have 3!

odysseyroc

quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc
vzfamily wrote:This was the comic derby? This was one of only 2 that I cared for - YEAH!

yep, classic comics derby.

CapSea

quality posts: 54 Private Messages CapSea
capedcrusader514 wrote:I got a couple here. Some I'm quite fond of.

I want the dastardly villain chalkboard one so badly.

cmdixon2

walmazan wrote:

Yes, please!
One of my favorites of yours.

majekman76

quality posts: 1 Private Messages majekman76

In an effort to make my entire life Woot, could you guys offer shirts with a pocket? My whole wardrobe would be Woot (except my pants) if you could just offer shirts with a pocket? Please?

Sooner or later, it all comes down to money...