benjaminleebates

quality posts: 5 Private Messages benjaminleebates

Loving the theme...
I was thinking of doing a shirt with Senile Felines for the redo of palindromes.
So I wanted to parody josie and the grapecats or the thundercats as old and senile.
One problem, I still don't quite have a grasp on how to parody with igniting the fires of the rejectionator!

Any tips on parody?

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

benjaminleebates wrote:Loving the theme...
I was thinking of doing a shirt with Senile Felines for the redo of palindromes.
So I wanted to parody josie and the grapecats or the thundercats as old and senile.
One problem, I still don't quite have a grasp on how to parody with igniting the fires of the rejectionator!

Any tips on parody?

Heya! The thread for next week's theme is up and over here.

vzfamily

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vzfamily
walmazan wrote:I have 3!

It's so funny - I always love your style first, then look and notice it's you! LOL LOVE THEM!

ncheremnykh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ncheremnykh

This is my honorable mention for the derby. There are so many good shirts this go-around! Good luck to everyone - I know I will be voting on many different shirts!

HalfWheat

quality posts: 18 Private Messages HalfWheat

I have to have the guac shirt. It's my favorite of yours, ever.

mikenytola

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mikenytola

Let's go guac!

Draug

quality posts: 69 Private Messages Draug
ncheremnykh wrote:

This is my honorable mention for the derby. There are so many good shirts this go-around! Good luck to everyone - I know I will be voting on many different shirts!

This is one of my favorites! ^_^

The enemy's gate is down.
Writers are people too! (Albeit strange ones.)
Save Poe! Reckon Nevermore! Or he'll be head-locked forevermore!

Leahbh

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Leahbh
mikenytola wrote:Let's go guac!

I bet if the people with bad taste who vote here don't get this printed (very likely), that it'll be an editor's choice.

itstak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages itstak

umm I really hope to see Smacktivision in the double take derby. Still madly in love with that shirt...

sgreenip

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sgreenip

Although no HM for this one, I think it's cool to have the opportunity to work on a derby theme that I missed since I hadn't joined yet. I'll definitely have to do some research on this one. Thanks for the one week bonus time, woot!

littleclyde

quality posts: 16 Private Messages littleclyde

My first double-take! I've got three up:

praxis16

quality posts: 1 Private Messages praxis16
littleclyde wrote:My first double-take! I've got three up:

I really hope Sunsplash wins. Good luck!

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 117 Private Messages DianaSprinkle

DOGS AND CATS LIVING TOGETHER! This is one of my favorites!

I also hope that Sunsplash gets lots of votes. I really liked that one too.

Linkoln

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Linkoln
cmdixon2 wrote:

"Pinkerton"

I love the colors in this shirt, and the message cmdixon described behind it, DO WANT!

vzfamily

praxis16 wrote:I really hope Sunsplash wins. Good luck!

YEAH - I love this one too! It's gonna be a GREAT double take - SO many worthy ones!

rglee129

quality posts: 28 Private Messages rglee129
mikenytola wrote:Let's go guac!

agreed.

rglee129

quality posts: 28 Private Messages rglee129

Your work is stellar, especially seeing three of your designs right next to each other. Boffo!

drewski79

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drewski79

My First Double-Take Derby! Honored to be here and a little nervous. Here's what's up for contention. It started as a Letter S derby entry "Summit Surfer" but i wasn't able to finish it in time and the next week was Earth Day and I thought it worked well with that. Hope you like it.

Recently did a posting on my website displaying all the designs I've done. Check it out here.

Bullet1979

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bullet1979
vzfamily wrote:It's so funny - I always love your style first, then look and notice it's you! LOL LOVE THEM!

I'm not sure how this all works - do you have say in what goes up as an honorable mention? I want (need) Salsa!

littleclyde

quality posts: 16 Private Messages littleclyde

Aw, thanks for those nice comments. Looks like some tough competition. Good luck everyone!

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
rglee129 wrote:Your work is stellar, especially seeing three of your designs right next to each other. Boffo!

Agreed, all three of these were designs I voted for in their derbies. Awesome work, Littleclyde! I'll vote again!

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fishbiscuit5

Dear woot,

Can you please print all of these, because I will buy every single one and you will make lots of money :-)

Love,
fishbiscuit

lucky1988

quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988

Here are my entries for the Double-Take Derby:

vzfamily

fishbiscuit5 wrote:Dear woot,

Can you please print all of these, because I will buy every single one and you will make lots of money :-)

Love,
fishbiscuit

I feel the SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME way!

Pinkodango

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Pinkodango

I would like to buy 3 of the 100% wool shirt!!

lostnightsoul

quality posts: 10 Private Messages lostnightsoul
DianaSprinkle wrote:Wow the new theme IS AWESOME! Also, yay a week to think and plan! THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH WOOT!

I want this to win sooo bad! I'm voting for sure.

Bullet1979

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bullet1979

Oops... guess I quoted the wrong post before... Walmazan, I want your Salsa design! That should've been in the honorable mentions!

SubBass49

quality posts: 3 Private Messages SubBass49

My first ever HM...

Thanks Woot!!!

I don't expect it to do very well among some of these amazing designs, but it's a cool honor to be placed among them regardless!

Good luck ya'll!!!

flamespear

quality posts: 4 Private Messages flamespear

Crazy Catlady MUST be entered and Spring Cleaning (with meat eating bunnies)!

keithjmc

quality posts: 2 Private Messages keithjmc

Why aren't my votes adding to the counter? I've bought several items from Woot.

Big Orphaned Cetacea 3/9/11
Random Crap 12/1/10
Random Crap 5/26/10

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
keithjmc wrote:Why aren't my votes adding to the counter? I've bought several items from Woot.

Does the text change to 'Take it back' if you refresh the page?

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 569 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

keithjmc wrote:Why aren't my votes adding to the counter? I've bought several items from Woot.

It takes a bit for the server to catch up. It's not an immediate response system.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

keithjmc

quality posts: 2 Private Messages keithjmc
Mavyn wrote:Does the text change to 'Take it back' if you refresh the page?

Yes

ThunderThighs wrote:It takes a bit for the server to catch up. It's not an immediate response system.

I guess the first time I voted the server load was low because it changed the number immediately. Thanks for the info.

Big Orphaned Cetacea 3/9/11
Random Crap 12/1/10
Random Crap 5/26/10

motosama

quality posts: 0 Private Messages motosama

I am noticing alot of resubs, so many rejections on the way, do people set there and refuse to read the rules?

Heck its the first rule given for the derby:

No resubmissions. Not even "significantly altered" ones. Your design has to be brand-spanking new.

I mean theres alot of great designs I would like to own, just they arent new and will get rejected according to this rule. Just a thought.

my home is www.gamehavoc.com, come be my friend.

drewski79

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drewski79
motosama wrote:I am noticing alot of resubs, so many rejections on the way, do people set there and refuse to read the rules?

Heck its the first rule given for the derby:

No resubmissions. Not even "significantly altered" ones. Your design has to be brand-spanking new.

I mean theres alot of great designs I would like to own, just they arent new and will get rejected according to this rule. Just a thought.

Um....this is a double-take derby. So all of them are re-subs. It's the best of what didn't win in the past several derbies as chosen by the shirt.woot editors.

rinkusu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rinkusu

motosama

quality posts: 0 Private Messages motosama
drewski79 wrote:Um....this is a double-take derby. So all of them are re-subs. It's the best of what didn't win in the past several derbies as chosen by the shirt.woot editors.

lol, i yelled at people for not reading everything, and i too missed something too :P

I assumed the top part of a glitch from last weeks derby and skipped to the second part, oops :P never mind :D

my home is www.gamehavoc.com, come be my friend.