flynch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages flynch
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=42413]Derby

you know how it ends, but it's always worth trying...

megsck

quality posts: 6 Private Messages megsck
Re: Cryptozoology

love this shirt, wish it said "have you seen me?" instead though.

shadowox8

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shadowox8

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=42324]Derby

Aha, I thought this was you from the thumbnail- very cute and clever parrotworks!

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 128 Private Messages DianaSprinkle
KromeHWI wrote:HA! Neat!

i like!

the geometrical lines of the "tree" mix well with the mountain looking a bit like either trails, or streams.

good work!

Awww thanks! I'm glad you like it. I'm going to remove it for a bit to work on it. I thought of something cool.

RandomLynx wrote:I like this shirt but the kids ruin it for me.

Ah yeah, I can see that. I'm going to take it down and work on it a little anyway so I'll see what happens. Thanks for the comment! =D

KromeHWI

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KromeHWI
Re: Blue

It's the new Blue!

one color on black.

YAY for halftones!

KromeHWI

Re: Patterns: Argyle Kite

very nice!

this design stuck out when i was checking the pre derby thread.

im glad you stuck with the original color scheme. the others were good too, but this one works best i think.

thumbs up!

dollyshot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dollyshot
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=42445]Derby

Да, пожалуйста... (Yes please...)
Fun fact: "Vodka" is actually a diminutive form of the Russian word for water (Voda/вода). Much like we turn "horse" into "horsey", "vodka" is the "cute" form of "voda". ;) Cute, little water...

KromeHWI

Re: Earth Derby: The Tiny Guardian

heck yeah!

this shirt is awesomes!

at first i didnt check it because it looked to just be another cutesy shirt and im not really into those much, but the rest of the design totally makes up for any cutesy factor.

nice work!

goneferal

quality posts: 19 Private Messages goneferal
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=42481]Derby

We do the chicken dance at all kinds of functions where I live. It'd be great to be able to wear this to our minor league hockey games (where we also do the chicken dance)! Voted!

dollyshot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dollyshot
jewelwing wrote:Oh, whoops! Haha. Kind of fitting for the deja vu derby tho. This was my husband's idea and It did seem like something that must have been done before somewhere, but I couldn't remember anything specific so I went with it - took me a long time too! Maybe that's why it's not getting the votes.

Ah that's rough...for the record, I prefer this design to the threadless one. =P

goneferal

quality posts: 19 Private Messages goneferal
Re: Be Responsible

It gets good dental care tho!

missmissa07

quality posts: 12 Private Messages missmissa07
drgribb wrote:Ohmygod, Stopping by Woods is BY FAR my favorite poem ever. Like you have no idea how much I like this.
Wish the "art" part was a little more exciting though, but I understand the amount of text probably limits how far into detail you can really go on that end.

For sure. I'm thinking next time I have an idea like this I'll try to do a colab, 'cause my artistic skills are definitely on the lower end of the spectrum.

Muchos gracias for the comment & vote, however! Frost is pretty bamf, so I'm glad there are fellow poet lovers out there <3.

aprilmonkeypants

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aprilmonkeypants
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=42453]

Ok so this shirt.... has everything I'd want from a t-shirt, *hint* Crazy Primates with long tongues.

ladafi

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ladafi

Really Cute. I love the Breakfast Club!

Cactupuss

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Cactupuss
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=42514]Derby

Comments/critiques are always welcome

RaveDroid

quality posts: 15 Private Messages RaveDroid
Re: Imaginational Symbols: Live in Mediocrity

I voted on this one just so I can laugh if i wear it in Oklahoma lol, because "Oklahoma is OK"

If you can read this, yourᅠbrowser'sᅠCompatibilityᅠsettings
areᅠconfiguredᅠcorrectly.ᅠᅠツ

Ghaleon256

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Ghaleon256
jewelwing wrote:Oh, whoops! Haha. Kind of fitting for the deja vu derby tho. This was my husband's idea and It did seem like something that must have been done before somewhere, but I couldn't remember anything specific so I went with it - took me a long time too! Maybe that's why it's not getting the votes.

Eh I don't think this one is too similar to the threadless one. To me, the first thing I saw was Mr. Miyamoto and not the plumber. If they let the rocket turtle go unrejected they might just let this one by.

raspberryfh

quality posts: 3 Private Messages raspberryfh

Reminds me of Redwall! Haven't thought of that series in quite a while. Very nice =]

Cactupuss

Re: School

I like the design, but...

Is it just me or are there way more than 6 colors on here? are they just really fine halftones?

Also you titled it wrong

Cactupuss

Cactupuss wrote:I like the design, but...

Is it just me or are there way more than 6 colors on here? are they just really fine halftones?

Also you titled it wrong

Oh my bad I didn't see that school was a derby

JaundiceDave

quality posts: 2 Private Messages JaundiceDave
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=42330]Derby

oddly appropriate username

RaveDroid

quality posts: 15 Private Messages RaveDroid
Re: Propaganda for Everyday Life: Rise Up

LOL
Everyone needs to vote for this one!

If you can read this, yourᅠbrowser'sᅠCompatibilityᅠsettings
areᅠconfiguredᅠcorrectly.ᅠᅠツ

Soulius

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Soulius
Re: School

I see a lot of people saying no copyright blah blah blah... the shells are designed differently and they are not Koopas for 1 and 2 nothing in that image is copy righted there are no characters that were duplicated.

ccazabon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ccazabon
Twistedmonkey22 wrote:Ive gotta say that this shirt is by far my favorite parody i have ever seen. excellently executed. GMV and GL to you not getting rejected.

agreed. i don't think it will get rejected, as it seems to be very clear-cut parody (significant differences from the actual characters)

holyshrubbery

quality posts: 4 Private Messages holyshrubbery
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=42346]Derby

Quite clever, and I love the little fish in the corner :D Well done!

beerski

quality posts: 0 Private Messages beerski

Wow. This shirt is amazing I really hope it places. You've got my vote.

KromeHWI

Re: Steampunk Derby: Steampunked internals

yaya for steampunk!

love the extreme contrast, but it could use more gears or steam pipes or something...

good luck!

Norsemin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Norsemin
Re:

To all those who find the illo/username correlation interesting (myself included) an interesting point to consider is that during the dissection process, the frog isn't dead. It's brain generally will have been scrambled using a needle, but it is still alive and so it's beating heart can be seen. Perhaps it's different with these new-fangled whatsits

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
Re: Cryptozoology

Coming from someone who's had a nessie print at woot, I must have this ;)

KromeHWI

Re: Nobody Came to Jeff's Party - Dinosaur

poor jeff...

but you know, after he ate all of his guests last year who's to blame them for not coming this year? i mean most of them would but they're dead so they cant....

sigh...

poor poor jeff....

holyshrubbery

quality posts: 4 Private Messages holyshrubbery
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=42469]

Really should have put "Replace Limbs" then XD Still awesome though, and I'm always a sucker for anything piraty ;)

KromeHWI

step 3 is obviously the most important one!

im not so sure about that last one though... are you trying to train wussy jedi (er i mean genaric light sword wielding robe wearing fighter monk guys)?

fun!

qdibble

quality posts: 0 Private Messages qdibble
Re: PETS

Yes, yes, yes! Best woot shirt ever.

ccazabon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ccazabon
lucky1988 wrote:An entry originally for Derby #144 How Do They Work? that I finished too late to enter that week, so here it is.

I like the style of the lil wolverine character, and good use of colors. Only thing I wonder, is how does he move around to process the food since he's stuffed up in there pretty tight? Also, some food processors I've seen have a center column with the blades attached, which could have made a bit more sense if he was in there. just my thoughts, but I still like it

KromeHWI

Re: Steam Punk - Tiger

nice! i knew there'd be more play on the steampunk derby theme!

good use of gears and especially the tubing by the back of the abdomon... the colors are a little bold perhaps, but i really the overall style!

props

KromeHWI

ouch!

nice design. im surprised it hasnt gotten more votes...

good luck!

Drakxxx

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Drakxxx
Re: City Without Words: Jumped Into A River...

A+ as always Chris. I love both your designs this week sir. The mood you set with this one is some of your most effective yet.

KromeHWI

very nice!

the colors are great and the design is very cool!

could totally fit in the steampunk derby too, albeit this is a little more clockwork than steampunk...

anyway, great work!

Drakxxx

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Drakxxx
Re: Work: BLOCKS BUILD YOU!

Amazing illustration Jewel. We see a lot of video game references in these contests, but this one is very special.