odysseyroc

quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc
Re: A trip, in time, may save your mind

Great Job, Bass that Subs. I was wondering if you were going to submit something this time around.

Draug

quality posts: 69 Private Messages Draug
flamespear wrote:Really digging this...that hand throws it off though, personally i'd like it better without it.

Agreed. Get rid of the hand. The side placement and colors are really nice.

The enemy's gate is down.
Writers are people too! (Albeit strange ones.)
Save Poe! Reckon Nevermore! Or he'll be head-locked forevermore!

theinfinityloop

quality posts: 6 Private Messages theinfinityloop
Re: Fractal Tree

I think this would be more thematic if there was more emphasis on the fractal tree branches. As it is, they are very subtle and almost lost with the collage of other elements like the splatter, heartbeat line, and the hexagons, which are to me, not extremely psychedelic. To me, those elements take away from this design, not only theme-wise but art-wise. If the fractal branches were more of an unmistakable focal point, it would feel more on theme.

Draug

quality posts: 69 Private Messages Draug
Re: IMPRINT

Is that a man or woman in the bear/wolf guy's hands? Either way it's an incredible design! ^_^

The enemy's gate is down.
Writers are people too! (Albeit strange ones.)
Save Poe! Reckon Nevermore! Or he'll be head-locked forevermore!

RaveDroid

quality posts: 15 Private Messages RaveDroid
Re: Confused chameleon RESUB

I would totally rock this shirt. Not sure how on-derby-topic it is but I absolutely love the design no doubt about it.

If you can read this, yourᅠbrowser'sᅠCompatibilityᅠsettings
areᅠconfiguredᅠcorrectly.ᅠᅠツ

RaveDroid

quality posts: 15 Private Messages RaveDroid
rdonley11 wrote:...always I want to be with you and make believe with you and live in harmony, harmony oh love...

YES
!!!

If you can read this, yourᅠbrowser'sᅠCompatibilityᅠsettings
areᅠconfiguredᅠcorrectly.ᅠᅠツ

hustler03

quality posts: 3 Private Messages hustler03

Nice Twilight reference

Neener Neener

retro007

quality posts: 1 Private Messages retro007
Re: The End: Lost was one crazy Trip

Amazing. Just Amazing.

prfesser

quality posts: 7 Private Messages prfesser
Re: Inner Peace

Love the design. It is certainly a propos of the sentiments behind things psychedelic, but, no, it is not in and of itself a psychedelic image.

sasham62

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sasham62
Re: Fractal Freebird

I don't actually know how to distress a shirt design, but I didn't want a big unbroken area of ink on the freebird design. So I put these swirls into it so I could remove those from the design (see here). When I was looking at the line drawing, I thought, "You know, if you colored each of these spaces a different color, it would make a decent psychedelic design." So I did. And this is what I came up with.

Six colors on brown: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, violet.
I didn't bother with any mixed tones.

Leahbh

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Leahbh
Demonbuttercup wrote:Never would have known what this was until I saw it on Big Bang Theory! great show

me too! I could see one of the cast wearing this shirt.

SydsKid

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SydsKid
Re: Inner Peace

While agree with you on the altered state of consciousness, I do believe this will be rejected as they are going for (as the derby title infers) psychedelia.

lemontree2099

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lemontree2099
rogerrogerroger wrote:its a science joke.

thats not true. i just feel like psychedelic design looks like vomit...magic vomit.

^

mikenytola

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mikenytola

How anybody can argue that this off theme is just laughable.

SubBass49

quality posts: 3 Private Messages SubBass49
Re: A trip, in time, may save your mind

Woah...rather surprised by the vote total so far. I've been down about that lately. This was a last-minute design that I threw together yesterday afternoon through night (had many breaks in between to deal with my 18 month-old daughter).

I do really enjoy drawing this style...reminds me of back in high school when I'd just doodle and draw whatever happened to come into my mind. No rules or worries at all.

Thanks for the support ya'll...now I have to go and check out all of the competition (and vote accordingly).

Good luck!

SubBass49

Re: Psychedelicat

This is pretty cool looking! I doubt I could pull off wearing it, but your style and colors are beautiful!

SubBass49

Re: when psychedelia attack

I really like the swirled faces, but I'm not a big fan of the solid/chunky edges...is there any way to break up the outer edge a bit so that the swirls look like they're moving more freely?

SubBass49

Re: Bubble Tea Inc.

This is just bizarre (in a good way). My first thought was, "what the **** am I looking at?!?!" I like that about it. It borders on disturbing though in some parts.

kaseyfleming

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kaseyfleming
Re: The Prophet

awesome

massagegeek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages massagegeek
SubBass49 wrote:I really like the swirled faces, but I'm not a big fan of the solid/chunky edges...is there any way to break up the outer edge a bit so that the swirls look like they're moving more freely?

I can see a way to do that. Should I make the changes and resubmit? or just let it continue as is?

tanamu

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tanamu
massagegeek wrote:I can see a way to do that. Should I make the changes and resubmit? or just let it continue as is?

I'd make the changes and resubmit because I like the idea a lot, but I wouldn't vote for it as is because of the way the edges currently are. Resubmit with edges that aren't so chunky (use half tones to fade or something), and you'd have my vote.

endangeredomega

quality posts: 37 Private Messages endangeredomega
Re: The Prophet

Reminds me a little of "The White Shadow" from the Minoriteam cartoons.

http://www.sepiamutiny.com/sepia/images/Minoriteam1_new.jpg

danaddington

quality posts: 0 Private Messages danaddington
Re: The End: Lost was one crazy Trip

That's a beautiful drawing, and a great shirt! Nice Job - I'm glad Jonathan T shared it with me.

SubBass49

Re: The Ignoramus

Love your halftone work.

That's the big thing I still need to learn to do. What program/version do you use to do your designs? Photoshop 5 doesn't speak to me as far as halftones are concerned. I've heard GIMP can do good things, but I stopped using it because it always crashed.

SubBass49

Re: Grateful Ed's Fish Tacos

Really cool design...Love the hand-drawn lettering. If this stagnates in terms of voting, maybe try flexing the lettering a bit?

Here's a quick rough of what I mean (done with the smudge tool - obviously you'd do it better):

The lettering just looks a bit too "straight across" for a psych shirt to me...like how the Grateful Dead used to have the lettering work almost as a frame for the central image...

SubBass49

sasham62 wrote:I don't actually know how to distress a shirt design, but I didn't want a big unbroken area of ink on the freebird design. So I put these swirls into it so I could remove those from the design (see here). When I was looking at the line drawing, I thought, "You know, if you colored each of these spaces a different color, it would make a decent psychedelic design." So I did. And this is what I came up with.

Six colors on brown: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, violet.
I didn't bother with any mixed tones.

Someone on here passed this tip along to me, so I'll pass it along to you...

To make a distressed texture, take a piece of heavy weight paper, crumple it multiple times, and then flatten it out. Scan that, then play with levels in photoshop to bring out the lines. Use that as your distressing texture.

Hope that's helpful!

shawnpaul

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shawnpaul

Awesome design. I love the honey comb design in the background.

kaseyfleming

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kaseyfleming

are you like me? do you have a girlfriend thats gonna drag you to the eclipse premiere? show up wearing this shirt and feel awesome about yourself

SubBass49

Re: Sea of monsters...monstrous sea

Don't take the brown acid!!!

BootsBoots

quality posts: 37 Private Messages BootsBoots
cleverconveyence wrote:BootsBoots you are my internet hero (in case I forgot to tell you).

EDIT: Just realized I'm wearing Dali Chocobos!
It goes really good with this vintage plaid button up on nabbed. :3

If only I had Super-Internet-Hero powers! ;)

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation

The shape of the text is a little distracting, but I really like this image overall. Your work is super fly Littleclyde! I would wear this guy!

kbloomq1

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kbloomq1
Naolito wrote:I'm new at woot so you probably know more than me about this
In this case, I drew a skelleton with the pose of the photo, and then continued drawing looking at the rest of my reference photos. I don't think that use reference photos is a bad thing.
Anyway, woot decide

People use reference photos in artwork all the time. I was always told that using a reference photo when drawing was fine (and in fact was often encouraged to do so), as long as I didn't trace the photo. In this case, I think the drawing is reminiscent of the reference photo, but isn't so much alike that it makes me think you might have traced it. Just my opinion.

Personally, I love this illustration and think you did a great job with it!

Cryzabey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Cryzabey
Re: Show Your True Colors

I'm buying three if this passes. Love the design [:

maskedmallard537

quality posts: 0 Private Messages maskedmallard537

This seriously pwns! Nothing more psychedelic than a blue cat puffing a pipe. XD Definitely GMV!

maskedmallard537

Re: Crossover

I love this idea. I would have liked to see a little screwing around with the perspective of those diamonds but still definitely vote worthy.

maskedmallard537

Re: Groovy Night Light

I wish I had a night light that did that. GJ and GMV!

genghis72

quality posts: 0 Private Messages genghis72

Bigger size and other colours here

maskedmallard537

Re: Schrodinger's Cat

Oh wow, you totally win in my book for this! I definitely buy this if you win in woot's book.

pyromosh

quality posts: 2 Private Messages pyromosh

Half my wardrobe is Woot shirts, but I think this may be the best thing I've ever seen here. This is perfect in so many ways.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 230 Private Messages kylemittskus
mikenytola wrote:How anybody can argue that this off theme is just laughable.

Instead of setting up a straw man, explain how it is on theme.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen