mattyohe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mattyohe

How many of these will I see at WWDC?

benlofton

quality posts: 5 Private Messages benlofton

at first i thought this was the stupidest shirt... Now that I think about it its Freaking Awesome!

But sadly, the photoshop could of been alot better!

-Benlofton

scmtim

quality posts: 2 Private Messages scmtim

I would buy these quick. They are probably going to be pulled for copyright infringement. While it is a parody of Apple making the use of the Apple logo OK, they are not doing a parody of the DC Comics character. They are co-opting the Flash character to parody Adobe. This is the same problem Penny Arcade had when they used Strawberry Shortcake to parody something unrelated to Strawberry Shortcake.

geo8rge

quality posts: 33 Private Messages geo8rge

When Adobe and Apple fight, Javascript wins.

(Overall signature size was getting large. Recommended signature size is 5k.)

omninull

quality posts: 0 Private Messages omninull
Xihix wrote:Well duh. And what is the Flash good at being?

No, Flash as in the program by Adobe.

omninull

quality posts: 0 Private Messages omninull
robfromabove wrote:Reason #4: "There’s a larger library of software for PCs"

VERY compelling reasons? That's may have been true ten years ago, but the reality now is that Boot Camp exists, and allows you to install Windows 7/Vista/XP and run every app available to PC users.

Then you're running a PC who's outer casing was made by mac.

maxticket

quality posts: 0 Private Messages maxticket
bassanimation wrote:The Mac I use at work is way more crashy than any PC I've ever used in a professional office. It's probably because I'm running Adobe products, but everything I have ever heard from graphics pros is that Macs are 'made' for running graphics programs.

I feel betrayed.

Is your hard drive networked? I've always had the same problem, especially using Final Cut Pro--a perfectly legit, up-to-date copy running on a brand new G5--which was prone to constant crashing and way choppier than Premiere on my home PC, which at the time ran a pirated copy on Windows AND Adobe software.

Later I was told networked drives were to blame for that spinning beachball I'd seen so often.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 214 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Boom goes the dynamite!

(I have no idea what that means, just always wanted to say it.)

scarletrayne

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scarletrayne

Apple killing flash is all in Steve Job's head. This shirt is a view of his nightly dreams.

Draug

quality posts: 69 Private Messages Draug

This made me giggle. :D

The enemy's gate is down.
Writers are people too! (Albeit strange ones.)
Save Poe! Reckon Nevermore! Or he'll be head-locked forevermore!

JohnHype

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JohnHype

So glad I have an Android phone with Flash 10.1 support coming soon! Much better than a letter telling me why a billionaire thinks I don't need/deserve flash.

NitsuaKun

quality posts: 49 Private Messages NitsuaKun

When you have a super boosted metabolism, you tend to just eat anything and everything in site. I guess now we know his weakness.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those who can read binary and those who can't.

caffeine_dude

quality posts: 13 Private Messages caffeine_dude

VERY compelling reasons? That's may have been true ten years ago, but the reality now is that Boot Camp exists, and allows you to install Windows 7/Vista/XP and run every app available to PC users.

I have a PC and I have a Virtual Mac running under VMware, that I only boot to support people who run Macs.

This shirt is sweet, my friends would get it in < a second.

Please don't delete this post, I am trying, honest!

elihl6

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elihl6

[quote="Shirt.Woot"]We call this color: Navy gonna be allowed on this platform[/quote]

I didn't see it asked, but what colour is this?! They call it Navy, but it looks awfully green to me. Anybody else see green??? It would seem more appropriate with the Flash, but they state Navy.

Perhaps it is this crummy TN monitor I have here at work. But I guess that's another whole discussion!

bamaster

quality posts: 5 Private Messages bamaster

I'll bite. In for one.

skatimmy737

quality posts: 207 Private Messages skatimmy737

Icarus! NOOOOOOOO!

skatimmy737

Hermes! NOOOOOOOO!

skatimmy737

Uhhh... Lightning Man! NOOOOOO!

atomizer

quality posts: 13 Private Messages atomizer

Boot Camp defeats the purpose of having a Mac in the first place. What's the point of buying a Mac and then promptly installing Windows to run all the software MacOS can't? Then you're just paying more for the same hardware to run Windows.

85 Woot-offs; 4 random craps

bamaster

atomizer wrote:Boot Camp defeats the purpose of having a Mac in the first place. What's the point of buying a Mac and then promptly installing Windows to run all the software MacOS can't? Then you're just paying more for the same hardware to run Windows.

Not to mention the need to purchase a Windows operating system.

accumulator

quality posts: 2 Private Messages accumulator

I just have to say that I loved the designer bio for this shirt, and wanted to assure whoever wrote it that yes, somewhere out on the interwebs, there's someone nerdy enough to understand where you're coming from. Namaste.

albinoapple

quality posts: 2 Private Messages albinoapple
atomizer wrote:Boot Camp defeats the purpose of having a Mac in the first place. What's the point of buying a Mac and then promptly installing Windows to run all the software MacOS can't? Then you're just paying more for the same hardware to run Windows.

I personally did it because I love Mac OS X but wasn't willing to give up a few video games. Didn't have to buy Windows cause I have good ol' XP. I operate 95% of the time on my mac half, so it's most definitely not a waste of money for me.

DoublEE

quality posts: 8 Private Messages DoublEE

And the Windows vs. Mac debates spread like wildfire; big surprise.

The NerdDome...two nerds enter; one nerd leaves.

andrew26ja

quality posts: 0 Private Messages andrew26ja

Poor Barry, he's always the one to die...

endangeredomega

quality posts: 37 Private Messages endangeredomega
GraniteGrizz wrote:My mother called me asking if Apple was killing Comic Books. This woke me up and made me go to my computer to explain the joke to her.
Well played.

As a matter of fact, Apple HAS been accused of killing comic books ... more specifically, independent comic books:

http://prismcomics.org/display.php?id=1858

endangeredomega

quality posts: 37 Private Messages endangeredomega
larsensa wrote:This is nothing like Flash powering a Blender shirt. The two have nothing to do with each other. This is a play on the Flash/Apple battle and it is very relevant to the current tech debate/fight the two companies have going on. This is a clever shirt.

Yes. They're nothing like each other. Flash powering a blender will always be clever & amusing. This tech-geek reference will likely get stale in the space of a year or so.

davidfromdallas

quality posts: 1 Private Messages davidfromdallas

Congrats on a brilliant print, Lim!

rwheeler

quality posts: 5 Private Messages rwheeler

My Nexus One supports Flash. Yay for Froyo!

koneco

quality posts: 16 Private Messages koneco
rawfish wrote:Hilarious! I'm buying 1 for my friend S. Jobs!

Is your name Walt by any chance?

jotterbein

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jotterbein
CaptainTr1pps wrote:How's that a problem? It's like a secret handshake.

An awesome totally secret handshake. Or an inside joke with a ton of people you've never met. Once I had a server at a restaurant talk to me because she follows the shirts all the time and picked mine out. Wear woot shirts to receive better service.

GenMischief

quality posts: 7 Private Messages GenMischief

Id totally buy one, expcept Im still waiting for the mouse cursor forest tee I bought weeks ago to show up at my home.

Im getting a little twichy about that. I wonder if this one will ship as quickly? whats it been three weeks now?

bamaster

jotterbein wrote:Wear woot shirts to receive better service.

I was at the gym and this chick was wearing the Some Motivation Required shirt (http://shirt.woot.com/blog/viewentry.aspx?id=7556). Knowing where she got it was a great ice breaker.

Woot shirts permits you to talk to hot chicks at the gym.

koneco

quality posts: 16 Private Messages koneco
jotterbein wrote:An awesome totally secret handshake. Or an inside joke with a ton of people you've never met. Once I had a server at a restaurant talk to me because she follows the shirts all the time and picked mine out. Wear woot shirts to receive better service.

I completely agree with this. People love my Irony: The Opposite of Wrinkly shirt, and always laugh at the Living the [s]Dream[/s] Plan B : ( shirt. In fact, most of my woot shirts are universally loved.

Strikethrough ... : (

jotterbein

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jotterbein
bamaster wrote:I was at the gym and this chick was wearing the Some Motivation Required shirt (http://shirt.woot.com/blog/viewentry.aspx?id=7556). Knowing where she got it was a great ice breaker.

That makes a better reason than mine, but it is still an awesome secret handshake.

wombrat

quality posts: 5 Private Messages wombrat
chrisprender wrote:For those who don't get it, here's Steve Jobs's open letter on why the iPhone and iPad don't support Adobe Flash Player:

http://www.apple.com/hotnews/thoughts-on-flash/

Here's a brief dialog explaining why Steve Jobs is a m-oron for posting that:

STEVE: "It's the other way around, Adobe is closed and Apple is open."

ANYONE: (Chokes on their donut, laughs themselves silently to tears, forgets line)

STEVE: "Well, we and Adobe have grown apart, they're just not supporting our platform quick enough."

ANYONE: "Oh, that must be why Macs users (roughly 10% of the computer market) buy about 50% of Adobe's market, and the majority of graphics and publishing companies using Adobe buy Mac to use it on... I can see why it would be a good idea to mess that up."

STEVE: "But Adobe should be supporting HTML5 and H.264 instead of getting mad at us for leaving the past behind!"

ANYONE: "Umm, they do support h.264. And as far as leaving the past behind, Flash is as ingrained in the web world as any other technology...Hey, why don't we go ahead and dump that old clumsy javascript while we're at it. Or let's just call everyone stupid that still uses a command prompt..."

STEVE (interrupting): SHUT UP! I make the calls here! I am emperor of Apple! Why, I am so good at this I make people pay $2000 for $900 worth of computer... even AFTER we dumped our awesome proprietary hardware and went to the PC platform! We make it cheap in China! Hell, I can make you pay more for your iPad (after accessories) than you would for a new laptop! I.... I...

ANYONE: (sighs)... You know what, nevermind. I'm going back to Linux.

mikenytola

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mikenytola

This shirt is as stupid as Apple thinking they are killing anything other than it's own desktop & laptop sales.

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
maxticket wrote:Is your hard drive networked? I've always had the same problem, especially using Final Cut Pro--a perfectly legit, up-to-date copy running on a brand new G5--which was prone to constant crashing and way choppier than Premiere on my home PC, which at the time ran a pirated copy on Windows AND Adobe software.

Later I was told networked drives were to blame for that spinning beachball I'd seen so often.

This was great information, thank you! I think my issues actually are due to my account being a network account. I think they're going to switch me to a local account soon, so that might help stave off the beachball terrors, hahaha. I hate that thing.... At least when it does crash it doesn't take the whole system down like it does on my PC. Course my PC is like 4-5 yrs old. Thankfully I have a new one on the way. Time to put ol' Bessy out to pasture.

Thanks again!

aubietodd

quality posts: 2 Private Messages aubietodd

So what you are saying is that no matter how hard Apple tries to make Adobe look stupid, in the end Adobe is still marter than Apple?

http://gizmodo.com/5552270/bwahaha-says-adobe-we-were-behind-wireds-ipad-magazine-all-along

mdeancherry

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mdeancherry
beccaness wrote:Just seems like an iPod Touch on steroids, to me.

It is. The question is, do you want that? A lot of people do because a lot of people want something to make consuming media easier and aren't particularly interested in whether it helps create media, create communications, etc.

That aside, this is a clever shirt. I'm considering it but I'm unlikely to wear a dark t-shirt often.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 155 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Volunteer Moderator

bamaster wrote:I was at the gym and this chick was wearing the Some Motivation Required shirt (http://shirt.woot.com/blog/viewentry.aspx?id=7556). Knowing where she got it was a great ice breaker.