goneferal

quality posts: 18 Private Messages goneferal
TrainerBlue wrote:Yes, he went on the Apollo 13 mission.

Lol! That was him!

grgisme

quality posts: 0 Private Messages grgisme
Puddytoes wrote:There's four other people in that reflection? I see a net and two people, one looks like on his knees. Where are the other two?

I agree. After zooming in as far as possible on the image, I swear there's on two. The perspective is all wrong for there to be a 3rd -- the 3rd player would have to have been knocked back onto his back.

My guess is that since it's intended to be Buzz Aldrin playing soccer on the moon -- that's it's intended to be Neil Armstrong and an extra-terrestrial w/ four arms.

Only the designer can settle the question though :-).

At least we agree that there's a soccer goal in the background.

indihar

quality posts: 7 Private Messages indihar

OK...got mine...

It can sell out now...

Puddytoes

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Puddytoes
grgisme wrote:I agree. After zooming in as far as possible on the image, I swear there's on two. The perspective is all wrong for there to be a 3rd -- the 3rd player would have to have been knocked back onto his back.

My guess is that since it's intended to be Buzz Aldrin playing soccer on the moon -- that's it's intended to be Neil Armstrong and an extra-terrestrial w/ four arms.

Only the designer can settle the question though :-).

At least we agree that there's a soccer goal in the background.

And I thought it was just me. It looks like they both have four arms if you squint at it. Perhaps I shouldn't squint. I went back to the derby thread for it and there's a bit more of an enlarged shot there and a lot of praise for the helmet detail. But I just don't see the detail that well. Maybe I'm just reading too much into it.

On the bright side I got myself another and someone else their first Q P. lol

Love, Luck and Lollipops!

polonium

quality posts: 3 Private Messages polonium
Puddytoes wrote:
On the bright side I got myself another and someone else their first Q P. lol

Thanks for that. I just assumed it was four people since I saw four sets of arms.

Anyone else sort of desire deep down that the soccer ball was Sputnik? Although the soccer ball will be a great shirt for rooting for the USA since I don't own any kits.

jel2301

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jel2301
polonium wrote:But what about the Space Olympics?

Space Disc! Is totally cancelled.
Space Swords! Is totally cancelled.
Space Luge! Is also cancelled.
And all other events are pending.

haha1060

quality posts: 1 Private Messages haha1060

Anyone can help? I bought one for myself, and want another one for my gf in China, but when I checked out, it said "your account has already bought this woot". How can I buy another one using my current account?

Oxirane

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Oxirane

WOW, this shirt got EXACTLY 999 votes?! What are the odds?

Er...and the design's cool too!

vscm98

quality posts: 1 Private Messages vscm98
goneferal wrote:I'm wondering who our opponent would be? Do we just wait for China to get there?

Graham Russell and Russell Hitchcock

Russzart

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Russzart

I really like the crosshatching on this shirt, and its just in time for the world cup.

indihar

haha1060 wrote:Anyone can help? I bought one for myself, and want another one for my gf in China, but when I checked out, it said "your account has already bought this woot". How can I buy another one using my current account?

AT bottom of this page, under What is shirt.woot?, click Write us...

To attempt to change an order-in-progress, or to resolve initial post-receipt issues (other than straight return requests):
service@woot.com (This is where that form on the left also goes.)

Of course, you could also create another account to use. Ah - uhm - or so I've heard...

beccaness

quality posts: 4 Private Messages beccaness

This design is out of this world!

AiTN - Nashville for BFA in Graphic Design

dealfaro

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dealfaro

Another one for me. Even my avatar has a woot tee!

haha1060

quality posts: 1 Private Messages haha1060
indihar wrote:Of course, you could also create another account to use. Ah - uhm - or so I've heard...

Thx

NonWhiteWhiteBoi

quality posts: 2 Private Messages NonWhiteWhiteBoi

why did it have to have the American flag? This would have been a great international shirt. I would have worn it in Spain this summer...

crumbsucker

quality posts: 1 Private Messages crumbsucker

awesome. I'm in for one. Can't wear to rock it on stage at a Chilly S show.

RetepAdam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RetepAdam

I have, I believe, five shirt.woot shirts at this point and also have ordered two that never came.

This is far and away my favorite thing I've ever seen on this site.

Awesome, awesome, awesome shirt, and I hope there will be more cool World Cup-related shirts and not many cheesy-looking ones.

ChefRAZ

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ChefRAZ

Congrats on the print , it's nice but might not sell out because the geek factor is low.This is woot you know.

CapSea

quality posts: 54 Private Messages CapSea

One bicycle kick for mankind.

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 112 Private Messages DianaSprinkle

I love this shirt it just looks so well done and it's wearable without a lot of explanation.

I think lots of people will love it. Good job Deadfrog.

Jestik

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik

I think best in show this week. If I ever thought I would want to showcase my love for astronautical athleticism, I'd buy one. As it stands now, I just can't say I love soccer enough to wear a T about it. I'll probably watch some of the world cup on TV, but that's about the extent of it. And, really, that's all I ever plan on giving of myself to the sport. I have never watched a televised soccer event unless it was the world cup, and then I'm all about it. I first got into watching the world cup when we hosted it in 1994. See, "Snickers" was one of the sponsors, and I thought it was my obligation as a consumer to constantly eat king-sized snickers bars throughout the event. I learned on the food network that the Snickers candy bar was named after the Mars familie's favorite horse. My daughter thought that was the neatest thing, as she is an absolute horse nut. A couple years ago she got a horse for Christmas, it was without a doubt the best present anyone has ever received. Although, there was this one time that my dad got me a hockey puck. He has this thing where every year he tries to give me a random, obscure thing that I would never ever ask for in a million years. I picked up the present and said "ah, this must be a hockey puck". Blew his mind! I have no idea how I knew, it was just some weird coincidence I suppose. Another time he gave me a metal trash can, and I thought I'd be funny and punch the end out of it, but I chose the wrong end to punch out and almost broke my hand, l0l... The family still laugh about that one. The trash can still has a dent in the bottom of it, but it still holds trash.

ok, done. sorry, did I offend anyone?

oh, yeah, congrats DF - really was the best this week.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
zachmedia wrote:What are the other two astronauts doing? I'm sensing some sports envy.

I'm pretty sure Michael Collins is sitting the bench.

Draug

quality posts: 69 Private Messages Draug

The enemy's goal is down!

:D

The enemy's gate is down.
Writers are people too! (Albeit strange ones.)
Save Poe! Reckon Nevermore! Or he'll be head-locked forevermore!

JoeDeth

quality posts: 3 Private Messages JoeDeth

Congrats!

In for 2. Sure sellout as the East coast wakes up.

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg

Terrific win, Deadfrog - congrats! It's nice to see hard work and attention to detail rewarded around here once in a while.

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240

Had no doubts that this would win 1st. Awesome shirt.

unpcnook

quality posts: 8 Private Messages unpcnook

This shirt says to me, "I kicked the ball in your face, Moon!"

Loved Buzz's cameo on 30 Rock...

-UnPC

ZandersZa

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ZandersZa

Must. Stop. Buying. Black. Shirts.

This is a great design, though. Well done and a very deserving first.

mattlscc

quality posts: 34 Private Messages mattlscc

so cool. NICE work on this shirt.

MadamAtom

quality posts: 7 Private Messages MadamAtom
Draug wrote:The enemy's goal is down!

So is this goal a game-ender?

indihar

NonWhiteWhiteBoi wrote:why did it have to have the American flag? This would have been a great international shirt. I would have worn it in Spain this summer...

During this entire derby, I kept looking at the different entries and wondering, "Would Matt Smith buy this?

hmerwin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hmerwin
haha1060 wrote:Anyone can help? I bought one for myself, and want another one for my gf in China, but when I checked out, it said "your account has already bought this woot". How can I buy another one using my current account?

Unfortunatly you are only able to purchase one order per account for each item we sell. You may also wait until tomorrow and go onto our reckoning page and purchase your shirt. If you have any questions please contact us at service@woot.com .

ParadiseDave

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ParadiseDave

Woot is batting 1000 - in offering shirts too late to wear them at the relevant event.

Last night I spent 3 hours at the Tulsa Air & Space Museum for the kickoff of the Cosmic Chemistry Summer Camp that my daughter is taking. Wish I had this shirt yesterday!

skatimmy737

quality posts: 207 Private Messages skatimmy737

Take away the ball and it's a horrendous fall into the dark abyss.

YinofYang

quality posts: 0 Private Messages YinofYang

Congrats on the print, Deadfrog! It's a great shirt and it brings a big smile to face, especially since I am sitting here watching the opening game to the World Cup.

Murphly

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Murphly
Josephus wrote:I'm pretty sure Michael Collins is sitting the bench.

LOL NASA humor!

Yeah it makes no sense for there to be three people involved in this event. At no point have we had more than two on the moon at once.

1969-1972, 6 missions, 12 men on the moon (6 sadly orbiting above)

Draug

quality posts: 69 Private Messages Draug
MadamAtom wrote:So is this goal a game-ender?

Only if no one flashes his legs. O_O

The enemy's gate is down.
Writers are people too! (Albeit strange ones.)
Save Poe! Reckon Nevermore! Or he'll be head-locked forevermore!

skirochester

quality posts: 4 Private Messages skirochester

congrats DF!!... just bought one. And I don't buy a lot of shirts on here.

arcade-art

quality posts: 1 Private Messages arcade-art

great shirt and totally wearable after the world cup,
great job!

............ Video Game Art and Custom Sprites ............

makinmedia

quality posts: 1 Private Messages makinmedia

GREATNESS!!! I spent so many hours playing blitz ball!!!

LordDestin wrote:Jecht Shot!