danielvutran

quality posts: 16 Private Messages danielvutran

Shapists.

google me lol

jitspoe

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jitspoe

If there are tentacles in a man hole, you're watching the wrong kind of anime.

Billlbo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Billlbo

I'm surprised no one has posted the answer I read once. Manhole covers are round because all other shapes can be positioned so the cover could potentially fall down into the hole. Wikipedia has a nice collection of answers too, as well as square hole covers that the monsters in question might like.

dodgerblu31

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dodgerblu31

my answer when I was asked this question...

because people are round!

surprisingly enough, I actually got that job. not so surprising, I no longer have that job.

mattlscc

quality posts: 34 Private Messages mattlscc

Duh! I mean, it is also to prevent the Triangle monsters from getting out... but those square ones are the worst!

perf1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages perf1
Billlbo wrote:I'm surprised no one has posted the answer I read once. Manhole covers are round because all other shapes can be positioned so the cover could potentially fall down into the hole. Wikipedia has a nice collection of answers too, as well as square hole covers that the monsters in question might like.

Actually triangles work too. I believe that's all they have in Bennington, VT. Matter of trivially...

mikenytola

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mikenytola

Congrats on the print. Wish I could pick one up right now but gotta save a little bit right now, bummer. Let's hope it stays up for sale for a while. Great job.

fireman86

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fireman86
jboshaw wrote:Well, at least this shows prospective employers that you're creative!

Unemployment? LOL

dblfan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dblfan
cmdixon2 wrote:Wow, a little surprised to get 1st! Despite the creepy tentacles and razor sharp teeth I'm sure the monster itself is cute and harmless in real life. It can't help its unfortunate shape.

Thanks everyone for the votes and comments! I hope you enjoy my manhole. ;)

"I hope you enjoy my manhole"...really did you have to go there?

gardnerp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gardnerp
perf1 wrote:Actually triangles work too. I believe that's all they have in Bennington, VT. Matter of trivially...

Heh. I was hoping someone would mention this. A friend of mine had figured it out and has been waiting for years to give his answer in an interview.

Why are manholes round?

Because they aren't triangles.

Drakxxx

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Drakxxx

Now this is thinking outside the box Chris!

Amazingly awesome work as always sir, and congrats on the well deserved first!

Kerigman

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Kerigman

"Condition: Kinected"

Well, at least you're not selling this shirt for $150 when it's really worth $10.

ChefRAZ

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ChefRAZ

I've always heard "it's Hip to be Square"

Jestik

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik

yesssssssss!

dibs always works! (gotcha Draug! )

Congratz Chris! super excellent detail and artwork.

CapSea

quality posts: 54 Private Messages CapSea

Tee Hee... Manholes. Tee Hee... Brown shirt.

TehCaspia

quality posts: 16 Private Messages TehCaspia

Two things...

What does this have to do with job interviews?

And the second line of text (to prevent the escape of square shaped monsters) kind of ruins it for me...like when you have to explain jokes to your slow friends...

woot changed my signature...apparently linking my old blog was "advertising"...never thought I'd see anyone give Obama a run for his money on being the nanny state...

emeraldchickpea

quality posts: 1 Private Messages emeraldchickpea
sacrerouge wrote:But how do you stop the round monsters? Grates?

Any what about the blob ones? Grates won't stop blob monsters!

gorby73

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gorby73

That monster could actually be a cylinder and get out. From our of view we really can't tell. Be afraid...

tikicult

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tikicult

I actually work in the sewer industry, and would instantly hire someone wearing this shirt. =)

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg

Congrats on the Win, Chris! It's the awesome lighting that makes this one for me.
Excuse me, now I have to go back to my job where they don't have enough imagination to ask inane trivia questions in interviews. Disliking that fact is my greatest strength, by the way.

emeraldchickpea

quality posts: 1 Private Messages emeraldchickpea
Oxirane wrote:How did those square-shaped monsters even get into the sewer in the first place?

Through the toilets while they were still young, of course!

ashram101

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ashram101
Billlbo wrote:I'm surprised no one has posted the answer I read once. Manhole covers are round because all other shapes can be positioned so the cover could potentially fall down into the hole. Wikipedia has a nice collection of answers too, as well as square hole covers that the monsters in question might like.

Actually that was stated about three posts into this thread.

Glad to see a brown shirt. I like brown shirts. Fail to see how this really fit the theme though.

MadamAtom

quality posts: 7 Private Messages MadamAtom
ashram101 wrote:Actually that was stated about three posts into this thread.

Glad to see a brown shirt. I like brown shirts. Fail to see how this really fit the theme though.

Actually that was stated about 34 minutes into this thread.

AlbinoNinja0711

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AlbinoNinja0711
tikicult wrote:I actually work in the sewer industry, and would instantly hire someone wearing this shirt. =)

Hehehe, I am a civil engineering student, and I just know that my fellow Civ. Engies are gonna get a kick out of this one.

pbandito

quality posts: 11 Private Messages pbandito

Having not heard this question before I was confused but laughing regardless, cause it's just funny.

I knew a guy who would make his prospective employees use a click-clacker (one of those plastic-handled things with two balls that swing around it) during the interview to see if they could make it uh, click-clack. Must be tough to get shot down by a children's toy.

RaveDroid

quality posts: 15 Private Messages RaveDroid

I wish this shirt had been done on either black or charcoal, I think the design would have had a lot more 'pop' to it and it also would have given a better impression of a man-hole cover being set in the road/street. Superb artwork nevertheless!

jitspoe wrote:If there are tentacles in a man hole, you're watching the wrong kind of anime.

ROFL.
That really could have gone unsaid. really.

If you can read this, yourᅠbrowser'sᅠCompatibilityᅠsettings
areᅠconfiguredᅠcorrectly.ᅠᅠツ

deltax20a

quality posts: 1 Private Messages deltax20a

I can't help but feel this shirt would have fit better with #144.

Reminds me of Legends of the Hidden Temple.

RaveDroid

quality posts: 15 Private Messages RaveDroid
genericsmith wrote:Wow, it's like Thwomp from the Super Mario series had a baby with Cthuhlu.

So it could drive you mad... Then squish you.

/ 5

This.

If you can read this, yourᅠbrowser'sᅠCompatibilityᅠsettings
areᅠconfiguredᅠcorrectly.ᅠᅠツ

Draug

quality posts: 69 Private Messages Draug
Jestik wrote:yesssssssss!

dibs always works! (gotcha Draug! )

Congratz Chris! super excellent detail and artwork.

Hey hey hey, I got mine at about two minutes after the start of the sale! How long did it take lazy-bones-sleepy-jestik to pick one up? lol

The enemy's gate is down.
Writers are people too! (Albeit strange ones.)
Save Poe! Reckon Nevermore! Or he'll be head-locked forevermore!

bamaster

quality posts: 5 Private Messages bamaster

Don't judge this the sewer beast by his hideous features, but by his warm and gentle heart... or he will eat your soul.

YinofYang

quality posts: 0 Private Messages YinofYang

*Does a little jig*

Congratulations on getting first place, CMDixon! I'm glad to see it and I'm definitely in for one. :D

zkirkpatrick

quality posts: 1 Private Messages zkirkpatrick
emf5100 wrote:So glad I was not the only one who thought this. I saw the design and thought "...a Legends of the Hidden Temple shirt? Cool."

My thoughts too, loved Legends of the Hidden Temple, but this shirt is awesome anyway!

Spinata

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Spinata

I'm concerned about the monsters that have square heads that are smaller than the man covers!

ThatPoshGirl

quality posts: 32 Private Messages ThatPoshGirl

After however long since the launch of shirt.woot, this is my first shirt.

abigail99

quality posts: 0 Private Messages abigail99

Boy howdy, these newfangled transportation methods are really something. Just found out the shirt I ordered on May 25 is finally scheduled for delivery on June 24! Why, as little as 82 years ago it would have taken at least 3 days longer to get my shirt!

Fujiko

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Fujiko
lonelypond wrote:Love the monster face...very Kingdom of Loathing(in the teeth), but without anyone loathing. The tentacle does kind of worry me, but if it's coming off my shirt, it'll be on my side, right?

This will go well with my gnauga shirt. ;)

rglee129

quality posts: 26 Private Messages rglee129

Congrats! Terrific design, well deserved win!

z28350

quality posts: 0 Private Messages z28350
TehCaspia wrote:Two things...

What does this have to do with job interviews?

And the second line of text (to prevent the escape of square shaped monsters) kind of ruins it for me...like when you have to explain jokes to your slow friends...

exactly, "What does this have to do with job interviews?"

IvusFest

quality posts: 2 Private Messages IvusFest

There were far better shirts in the derby... woots gone down-hill.

genericsmith

quality posts: 15 Private Messages genericsmith
IvusFest wrote:There were far better shirts in the derby... woots gone down-hill.

Really? Far better shirts?

Newp.

The perfectionist one was good, I'm going to pass on it because I'm more of a "Bare minimum" kind of guy. The rest of shirts were mostly just horrible text shirts.

Oh, and a Napoleon Dynamite shirt... I got sick of ND References about 6 months after the DVD came out and EVERYBODY decided they loved it and was the most quotable movie ever.

A "Hire Pedro" shirt would of been better. Damn... wish I would of though of that before just now. (Unless somebody else did submit that idea)

Munchy Attack If you can find the name of this artist & real song title I'll buy you a daily woot shirt (your choice what day)

Dystopia Dark Lager, Where the Wild Parties at?, B.A. Bearacus, and many more wanted in XXL(PLEASE!!!)
Edgar Allen Poe shall remained headlock'd until Nevermore is reckoned.