jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
mrwednesday wrote:I have a hard time believing this, and I'm pretty sure you joked your way to a quality post.

If so, you and I also got Q.Ps. out of it. Everyone wins!

jmmbell1987

pupyluvr wrote:If I wear this to an interview... ?

Won't do you much good. You'll need a shirt of Hire Assist for that.

MissJamieD

quality posts: 44 Private Messages MissJamieD

I bet when people realize that +30 fire resistance is being charred into their flesh via flame text, they won't be SO happy about it.

jb2colorado

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jb2colorado

it's a funny shirt if you're into that kind of stuff, but if the perfectionist t-shirt isn't up tomorrow, I'll be very disappointed. I'd say surprised, but i'm already surprised it wasn't 1st or 2nd.

roshinobi

quality posts: 1 Private Messages roshinobi

I really like this shirt, but I can't push my luck with the nerdy themes. I've already got "It's a Trap!" Oh well.

DopeGhoti

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DopeGhoti

Ugh. The timing of this shirt is terrible; I was laid off this past afternoon.

I appreciate the pun, though.

Azurett

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Azurett

At least if you wore this shirt enough and got holes in it, or even burn marks (for those of you who smoke (gross)), it might look normal and part of the design.

MBrulla

quality posts: 12 Private Messages MBrulla

If it can "resist fire" why is it singed?

I mean, wouldn't "resist fire" mean fire baldereeant?

jmmbell1987

jb2colorado wrote:it's a funny shirt if you're into that kind of stuff, but if the perfectionist t-shirt isn't up tomorrow, I'll be very disappointed. I'd say surprised, but i'm already surprised it wasn't 1st or 2nd.

With derbies, never expect the most interesting entries to win. If there's anything I've learned on woot at this point, it's that.

MBrulla

quality posts: 12 Private Messages MBrulla
jmmbell1987 wrote:Won't do you much good. You'll need a shirt of Hire Assist for that.

Good point!!

Two shirts that don't fit the derby rules.

Please...Adequate next.

tehooper

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tehooper

I'd like this shirt better with out the black single marks... I get the point but on a navy shirt it'll look like it's just stained with oil or something.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 210 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Great results this week! Hoping for tgentry or fablefire tomorrow.

rogue84

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rogue84

Woot has some D&D nerds in the house!

Considering the Githyanki are a freaky used-to-be-humanoid alien looking race of freaks, this potential "boss encounter" would be intimidating indeed!

Good thing for the shirt!

Here's a concise factoid about the Githyanki: http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Githyanki

DTIncRay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DTIncRay

sorry guys... but i'm gonna have to "need-roll" this one.

Jestik

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik
mrwednesday wrote:I have a hard time believing this, and I'm pretty sure you joked your way to a quality post.

no dude - believe it or not, I really have never played any dungeons and dragons or games like that. I knew what "RPG" stands for, but that's about it. I'm sure I'm not the only one here that didn't get it, I'm just not afraid to show my ignorance

(and btw, thanks for the explanation jmmbell1987 and BIGELLOW)

voyager1713

quality posts: 0 Private Messages voyager1713
bassanimation wrote:+1 shirt of owning....well, at least my boyfriend thought so, hahaa! Tis a tad too geeky for me, but I predict many tabletop gamers will be sporting this gem on Fri nights at the Lair. (Phoenix Down to those in Austin, high five!)

Congrats Patrick!

Funny, I actually have a session today. I bought one and I'm hoping it comes in before the next session so I can display it in all it's geeky glory.

Jestik

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik
jmmbell1987 wrote:If so, you and I also got Q.Ps. out of it. Everyone wins!

ha, yeah - my ignorance benefited everyone this time

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
MBrulla wrote:Good point!!

Two shirts that don't fit the derby rules.

Please...Adequate next.

We're long past the days when a shirt that would sell a lot needed to be on theme.

rglee129

quality posts: 27 Private Messages rglee129

This is very clever and extremely well done, and I imagine it's going to sell like hotcakes.

thatspep

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thatspep

This shirt is great and had it come earlier I would have bought it for my boyfriend, but sadly, it's a week too late. Buying it now would be like rubbing salt into his wounds.

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
thatspep wrote:This shirt is great and had it come earlier I would have bought it for my boyfriend, but sadly, it's a week too late. Buying it now would be like rubbing salt into his wounds.

Buy it anyway, hide it, and then give it to him as a surprise gift when he gets a new job!

vladistov

quality posts: 50 Private Messages vladistov

It's a decent drop, but I wouldn't recommend wearing it in any poverty-stricken zones unless you're on a non-PvP server.

bad_kittymama

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bad_kittymama

(hey, how 'bout that? I remembered my username AND password!)

Dude. Patrickspens lives near enough to me that if I had that shirt and decided to go shopping outside my normal shopping area while wearing it, he might see me wearing it. That feels weird. O.o

btw: FOR THE HORDE! and it'd be great if this shirt offered greater ability to get hired (with a chronic medical condition) as well as greater Fired resistance (anyone an enchanter? can I get Hire Assist enchanted on this? paying 20g....)

indihar

quality posts: 7 Private Messages indihar

Not to be taken as "dissing" any of the shirts, but...

Will someone pleeeaaase tell me that this week will be more EC's from this derby (although I don't know how that will help...the last time they did EC's, they managed to pick all around the only 2 shirts from the fog, that I wanted! )

I wanna' waste my money at woot! and they won't let me!"
:cry:
BAD! monkey!

Schwigity

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Schwigity

*sigh* A WoW reference? Really? -_-

ChefRAZ

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ChefRAZ
Jestik wrote:no dude - believe it or not, I really have never played any dungeons and dragons or games like that. I knew what "RPG" stands for, but that's about it. I'm sure I'm not the only one here that didn't get it, I'm just not afraid to show my ignorance

(and btw, thanks for the explanation jmmbell1987 and BIGELLOW)

I've played D&D before (a long time ago)and I didn't get it, until someone explained it for you. drawing the castle out was the longest process of the game. IMHO

rpanic

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rpanic
CaptainWes wrote:This Shirt:
-1 Repel Casual Fridays

That would be +1

stacypio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stacypio

I do not play D&D, but my dungeon master kid is gonna love this. I play other RPG games though, and this was very obvious to me. Really? No female would hit this? Maybe we're all indoors playing games instead of out in the world lookin for guys that sport shirts like this, sad.
As for all the I don't get it's, why would they print this, really, do we all get/like/want Mario references? Not me. Variety is good.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
Jestik wrote:ha, yeah - my ignorance benefited everyone this time

ignorance of RPGs benefits no one more than yourself.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
stacypio wrote:
As for all the I don't get it's, why would they print this, really, do we all get/like/want Mario references? Not me. Variety is good.

How about things that don't reference anything directly?

Mario giving way to RPGs isn't variety any more than pasta with Ragu sauce is a change from pasta with Prego.

Talesin

quality posts: 13 Private Messages Talesin

Only if the Ragu was a traditional marinara, and the Prego was a nice alfredo. Trying to lump 'game related shirts' together is like saying that basketball, football and swimming are the same, because they're sports. Sure, you'll occasionally have water polo, but for the most part there are some sharp differences only being overlooked by those who want to dismiss things out of hand.

That said, in for one. My boss is a geek to the point he might actually respect the bonus, if it came down to it.

eddythelawngnome

quality posts: 1 Private Messages eddythelawngnome

" Wear this shirt: if you get a show right after Jay Leno. Hey, Fallon, call us, maybe we can hook you up. "

If anybody has connections with Mr. Fallon, we should get him one and convince him to wear it on the show. Epic win for Woot, eh?

lutrinae

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lutrinae

Ironically, being currently unemployed, when I saw this shirt, I thought it said "of unemployment" and was referring to the fact that since those who are unemployed can stop house fires/call 911 because we're always at home. Sigh.

krdove

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krdove
raspberryroo wrote:In addition to fire, any guy who wears this shirt will have a +50 resistance to female encounters.

Not necessarily.

Arkie123

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Arkie123

AKA Shirt of Coninued Celibacy

SNARF!

Diuy

quality posts: 9 Private Messages Diuy

I like the idea of the shirt, but honestly it looks a little like someone spilled some grease on themselves instead of charring marks.