fgarriel

quality posts: 22 Private Messages fgarriel
CapSea wrote:Purple flavor, possibly red flavor. Definitely not yellow flavor.

Agreed. Too easy to confuse it with wee, wee, wee all the way home.

nulall

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nulall

“I said they’re what you might call ‘thristy’.”

What is 'thristy' ?

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 914934

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBeUGqeYsQg
Kool aid bustin in

sharkync

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sharkync

Couldn't resist no matter how hard I huffed and puffed. One for one. Great work!

calewallace

quality posts: 0 Private Messages calewallace

Brick, Kool-aid, scissors, shoot!!! OH NOOOOOOOOO!!!!

NitsuaKun

quality posts: 49 Private Messages NitsuaKun

That plan will only work if you actually call out his name or mention how thirsty you are for Kool-Aid, and as we all know, pigs that are sophisticated enough to build their own houses only drink tea.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those who can read binary and those who can't.

LobbycastGeoff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LobbycastGeoff

I would buy this if it were on a gray t-shirt instead of green. Seems like a bad idea to print on a color that generally doesn't look good on people in large amounts.

bamaster

quality posts: 5 Private Messages bamaster
LobbycastGeoff wrote:I would buy this if it were on a gray t-shirt instead of green. Seems like a bad idea to print on a color that generally doesn't look good on people in large amounts.

I suspect many sales will be in sizes for children.

walletclan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages walletclan

This is EXCELLENT! I laughed so hard. Great idea.

AcorNayho

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AcorNayho
torakamikaze wrote:Can I pretend it's a David Eddings reference?

I actually thought maybe you were a fan of the band The Impossibles... of course tora tora kamikaze was not invented by them, but it would be pretty cool if you were... ("no lookin' back, a tactic of considerable power")

OH YEAH, very cool design

torakamikaze

quality posts: 1 Private Messages torakamikaze
AcorNayho wrote:I actually thought maybe you were a fan of the band The Impossibles... of course tora tora kamikaze was not invented by them, but it would be pretty cool if you were... ("no lookin' back, a tactic of considerable power")

OH YEAH, very cool design

You thought correct. I'm a huge impossibles fan.

skatimmy737

quality posts: 207 Private Messages skatimmy737

The wolf had originally asked a giant can of soda to help out, but he just couldn't get the job done. Everyone knows Kool-Aid goes three times as far. Duh.

DAISYC

quality posts: 6 Private Messages DAISYC
chrisprender wrote:It's always bothered me that the Kool Aid guy carries around a miniature version of himself.

narsissist...

jb145980

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jb145980

Those who didn't buy the shirt because they were told there are no bacon flavored mixed drinks, come back! There are! http://bakonvodka.com/

strawberryicee

quality posts: 12 Private Messages strawberryicee
doodahbtfcc13 wrote:What does the Kool-Aid guy get out of this relationship?
I mean, it seems like the big bad wolf gets all the perks...he gets in the house to the pigs, and the Kool-Aid man gets....?

the satisfaction of crashing through a brick wall?

nathanwpyle

quality posts: 37 Private Messages nathanwpyle

Way to go TORRRAAAAAAA!

alexmdc

quality posts: 8 Private Messages alexmdc

congrats dude! also congrats on the sell out :D

ssigelakis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ssigelakis

make more of these!!!!!

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987

Wow! Congrats on the sellout!

jmmbell1987

ssigelakis wrote:make more of these!!!!!

Four hours and five minutes, friend. Watch Lawrence of Arabia and you'll be mostly set.

torakamikaze

quality posts: 1 Private Messages torakamikaze

WHOA! Thanks everyone!

nyyankeeez

quality posts: 2 Private Messages nyyankeeez

Damn right this shirt sold out. It's AWESOME!!!! Best shirt in a long time. I LOVE it!!!! Designer = Thanks for making this shirt it is brilliant.

ChefRAZ

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ChefRAZ
NitsuaKun wrote:That plan will only work if you actually call out his name or mention how thirsty you are for Kool-Aid, and as we all know, pigs that are sophisticated enough to build their own houses only drink tea.

plus, if they did call out. they would only yell "culligan man, take me away."

comma

quality posts: 12 Private Messages comma
DoublEE wrote:Holy carp...couldn't you have at least changed the color of the suspenders or the number of creases in the gloves or no patches on the pants? Talk about a ripoff...

JFC... It's parody! It requires the use of or imitation of a previous artists' work. That's what it means. It would have no meaning to anyone if the drawing had a picture of a completely "original" bunny in a tuxedo pointing out a red brick house to a pitcher of milk with legs.

Parody defined.

Fair use of parody discussed.

strawberryicee

quality posts: 12 Private Messages strawberryicee

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62yPRGb9_UI

jmmbell1987

DoublEE wrote:Holy carp...couldn't you have at least changed the color of the suspenders or the number of creases in the gloves or no patches on the pants? Talk about a ripoff...

Here's a design where the concept of parody is put to its proper use, and you call ripoff. I don't think you understand that meaning of the word, considering what you defend and what you have attacked.

A ripoff is the theft or plagiarism of an idea. I imagine that Torakamikaze knows full well that this character is a spitting image of the Big Bad Wolf. It's the idea that's both a parody and original in its execution.

A ripoff would be an unedited image of the wolf, or the Kool-Aid man, without any parody or subtext. This shirt is a great reference for how to pull off a parody well.

captivity

quality posts: 6 Private Messages captivity
chokeychicken wrote:this is going to be sold out by morning. i better buy one before i sleep.

;D

candaceblevins

quality posts: 0 Private Messages candaceblevins

Just get the pigs to drink the Koolaid and no huffing and puffing required!

jimmygiii

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jimmygiii

I'd love to see a spinoff of this shirt with the bull from the Schlitz Malt Liquor commercials from the late 70s and early 80s.

wootfast

quality posts: 4 Private Messages wootfast

Staff

this design is JUST NOW hitting digg.com via sfweekly...
http://blogs.sfweekly.com/foodie/2010/06/kool_aid_man.php

terminatorgir

quality posts: 9 Private Messages terminatorgir
Mavyn wrote:It's a new song lyric...

I'll huff and puff and oh, YEAH!

hahaha

also this shirt is really hard to match with anything. i have already had a few comments about looking like christmas...but its so clever i can't help but wear it

chellmus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chellmus
drsjr1 wrote:This is a ripoff of a cartoon that appeared a couple weeks ago in the Chicago Tribune...

wait i dont get what the shirt is supposed to mean

mspaugh1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mspaugh1

I love this shirt and want to buy it, but it appears to be Reckoned. I'm wondering if there is a way to purchase it, or a system that will notify me when it is available again.

Signed,
hitchhiker seeking fashion upgrade