aquasax

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aquasax
Re: Cat Food

Vote for me! Vote for me!

chennai8

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chennai8
CrescentDebris wrote:I think the feminist in you is seeing things. snip

Wow, i was just gonna tell her it's better than wearing shirt with a sexy and mysterious man.

;)

neyfam2000 wrote:Woot!--going from "Deal-a-day" to "Site-a-day"

AcorNayho

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AcorNayho
Re: I only want to be-held...

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

way to crit!

+1 for GMV

+25 exp

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 39 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
Re: Ensign Ricky Goes Away... (Resub)

I still want it! GMV

fishbiscuit5

raebee wrote:I wish lovestruck was twitterpated other than that definately cute.

It was late, I was tired, the cuteness was eating into my brain. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it :P

ThatPoshGirl

quality posts: 32 Private Messages ThatPoshGirl
Re: They call me Sugar Baby

Wait, I got it. The big surprised eyes and uh oh face, combined with the position of the hands make it look like it got caught doing something naughty.

the1manofmega

quality posts: 1 Private Messages the1manofmega
Re: Kitties Shouldn't Fly

I like it. normally im not into very Kawaii but yeah the collors seems to match eatch others.
Good job

'Time to Spread my Creativity because its allays 420 in Wayne's World. Yay!'

goodwerks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages goodwerks
keithjmc wrote:I love it!

Thanks, Man!

yoyogod

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yoyogod

Forgot what I was going to say. Nice though.

WarholBot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages WarholBot

thanx

Re: Harmony

WarholBot

WarholBot

MaryESP

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MaryESP

One too many colors, I believe.

I count seven....

Also, Kirk's hair looks....patterned or something, instead of solid.

MaryESP

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MaryESP

P.S. I like it better without the undertaker...

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 162 Private Messages DianaSprinkle
Re: KITTY-UP

Kitty-up!

I IS NOT A HORSE!

Rat catches cat. News at 11. =D Bassanimation suggested the title since I was completely blank on what to call this. =]

LOLcommunism

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LOLcommunism
slacker44 wrote:It's an A-10! I love it!

FINALLY SOMEONE GETS IT.

Thank you so much <3

Would you kindly...

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Happy food means delicious taco party.

I subbed another version with different text and some other stylistic and layout changes - plus shirt color change, if you preferred the kelly green. Thanks for checking it out

kylemittskus

quality posts: 234 Private Messages kylemittskus
Re: My balloon fish

Your thumbnail is terrible.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

AcorNayho

mrwednesday wrote:
As an added bonus there are already shirts exactly like this one which is also rejectable. We all know that woot likes to ignore the rules for ramy but pretending this is above board is just naive.

*cue the mindless ramy hoards screaming, "this is the only good shirt ever designed I have to have it ramy is best designer ever and he created everything so all ideas belong to him!"

First off Mr.Wed... I must respect a fellow who has three ferrets in their profile pic. Ferrets are friggin awesome, and I wish they weren't illegal in my state. That being said, I hope i can continue the following in a civilized manner and not appear to be offensive in anyway.

I believe Megsck is trying to defend the artist because her nature doesn't let her not take bullying personally, and a lot of the comments can be considered a bit aggressive. That's nothing new though, and it seems that there is a lot of personal history between many members of woot and the artist in question. I haven't been here long at all, but I've had a taste of the kind of ... show... that goes on here. It's all well and good, anonymity allows people to get away with saying what they need to say without having to worry about offending anyone.

It seems to me that a lot of the aggression is coming from RamyBs popularity. It's like he's the Yankees of shirt.woot (I'm not a sports guy so I'm not entirely certain that analogy makes any sense). I'm not a big fan of the fact that the guy has 2 shirts currently in the fog, but that's not really up to me. Calling forth for rejection is certainly a viable tactic for freeing up space for other artists here who could have a chance against the contenders in the fog, but at times these tactics seem dirty.

Yeah, I'll agree that this particular shirt is not original, but I don't completely agree that it's plagiarism. wait I take that back... it's not Copyright Infringement... I think the way plagiarism is being used in this sense is trying to make the situation seem as serious as Copyright infringement, when it's not entirely. Plagiarism gives us things like The Illusionist and The Prestige, No Doubt and Save Ferris, and GoBots and Transformers. These are all take similar ideas that to the rest of us seem redundant. Yes, the juxtaposition of a cute, seemingly innocent bunny to the remains of the once living is completely unoriginal as stated by many above, but he hasn't committed Infringement.

Do I think this shirt should get rejected? Truthfully, yes. I don't think Woot can deny that similar shirts exist. Do I think the artist needs to feel bad about it? No. I don't think it's a terrible design, but I can see that it's similar enough to warrant the "Similar Shirts Exist" achievement. His atom shirt is pretty original, and that already has a good shot. Ok, I realize I've completely talked myself into accepting this shirt as plagiarism... but hey, that's like how C.S. Lewis suddenly found God when he wrote the Narnia series to refute a case for God. Stupid tangent.

Oh RamyB... nothing personal. I myself enjoy some of your stuff. I'm just trying to view this thread from different angles. It's plagiarism in that you're using a similar idea that MANY people are guilty of using, but you aren't the first and you certainly won't be the last. I mean, c'mon... we're all on a site that lets people put art on shirts to print and sell. that's not a completely original idea either. I think people pick on you because you're always winning. Good for you, too bad for the rest of us, but I don't think you should be put on trial the way some these members seem to want you to be. hmmm. Now I feel awkward.

ThatPoshGirl

Re: KITTY-UP

Damn, how can you be this good?

radiomode

quality posts: 3 Private Messages radiomode
Re: Nom Nom Casualty

See you again..

AcorNayho

Re: 宇宙 / Uchuuneko / Spacecat!

I see the difference... considering the Bunny debate that's going on at RamyBs shirt, this is kind of ironic. However, I don't think you or seki can be found guilty of making a shirt that exists, and while seki's shirt focuses and literally points out that the cat is nibbling on the earth, I can see how yours is the cat playing with the earth. Considering what I just said about Ramy's shirt, I feel kind of odd saying yours and seki's shirt aren't completely similar... but hey I believe you did just get yours up late, and it's all a terrible coincidence, and I'm sticking to it.

ThatPoshGirl

Re: The Cat and the Reaper

Love this. GMV

gazeebo

quality posts: 3 Private Messages gazeebo
megsck wrote:that robot is a yo gabba gabba character.

they're all yo gabba gabba characters.

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
Re: world nom-ination :D

Well, this time I won't fault you for being off theme.

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
Re: mongoose Emo DOOM SQUAD

In a derby that might very well produce the worst trio of weekend prints I can recall (which is saying something) this printing would be such a saving grace.

studio1172

quality posts: 0 Private Messages studio1172
Re: Summer heat winter fan?

SO I went and saw Predators tonight. Meh.

raevynpheather

quality posts: 0 Private Messages raevynpheather
PixelPants wrote:They did Spring twice. Let's not think about it. Good work tjost. You outfoxed them.

I voted, but I would like it much better without the one cut in half.

MadamAtom

quality posts: 7 Private Messages MadamAtom
bluetuba wrote:Wow, that's REALLY phallic!

I still don't really see it that way, though I see how someone could. If that makes sense.

However: Big Square Block of Ink. I can't see it being comfortable to wear.

It might be better on baby blue, using the shirt color instead of ink for the sky. And maybe even lose the black border and vignette the edges instead. (I'm not an artist, though, so take this paragraph with a grain of salt.)

stardamsel

quality posts: 5 Private Messages stardamsel
Re: Sugar

@bassanimation: thanks, glad you like my octopus! :-D

@Spiritgreen: Thank you -- yep, sugar fuels my working hours, too!

@Drakxxx: Aw, thx! My birthday was pretty awesome :-> So, is your Kuchipatchi a... duck-thingie?

radiomode

Re: It's Feeding Time!

Love everything about it

radiomode

Re: Rainbow refiller

The color is magical

MadamAtom

MaryESP wrote:One too many colors, I believe.

I count seven....

Also, Kirk's hair looks....patterned or something, instead of solid.

MaryESP wrote:P.S. I like it better without the undertaker...

Agreed on all counts. The first is potentially rejectionable; so's the second, actually, depending on what that odd second color is. And anyone who'll understand this won't need the undertaker to do so, and anyone who won't understand this will just be more confused by his presence.

But I still want it. GMV.

fishbiscuit5

Re: Super Cute Kill You Alot

Ninja cats are deadly alot.

MadamAtom

Re: Don't Fear the Reaper

Normally I have nothing against white shirts, but the hand holding the flowers is gonna be flippin' invisible from any distance at all.

ninjakitten

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ninjakitten
fishbiscuit5 wrote:Ninja cats are deadly alot.

Yes. Yes we are.

-=ninjakitten=-
cute. soft. deadly.

fishbiscuit5

ninjakitten wrote:Yes. Yes we are.

LOL. Love your name. Meow!

kettletoast

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kettletoast
Re: Optimus Price

Anime/Kawaii's not my specialty, but I had fun giving it a shot anyway! Toddlebots, roll out!

ThatPoshGirl

Re: Don't Fear the Reaper

Should have been lilies.

lilgreymouse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lilgreymouse

Agree on the undertaker - he looks really out of place, and is a little redundant.

GMV, regardless.