jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
Re: Shootin' Stars

Haha, the scream of agony on the far left star is intense. Good work here.

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
Re: Fresh cake!

Walmazan: showing how cute is done right in derby after derby.

sdpeters

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sdpeters
Re: If you can find them...

My wife so wants this one!

sdpeters

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sdpeters
Re: I only want to be-held...

This is great! Takes me back to my high school D&D days. First dungeon I ever created had a beholder in the first room. Probably the shortest D&D game ever.

Jae87

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Jae87
Re: KITTY-UP

Kawaii!~<3

--Jae
Birthday Crap - 7/12/09, Random Crap - 1/28/10, Adventure Crap - 4/1/10, Birthday Crap - 7/12/10, Brick of Carbonite - 12/6/11, Santa's Sack of Crap - 12/25/11

CapSea

quality posts: 54 Private Messages CapSea
Re: Super Cute Kill You Alot

Can't wear a shirt with a common grammatical error =(.

bsbangel180

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bsbangel180
Re: Orbital Model of the Carbon Atom

I love this! It's adorable and really, really clever. Great design!

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 162 Private Messages DianaSprinkle
Re: Error - Cuteness Overflow

Daw I really like this one.

bsbangel180

Adorable. Not so sure about the Olive Green background, though. I think I'd prefer it in a different color. But brilliant design and a great idea

bsbangel180

Re: honeyyy!!

AMAZING

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 39 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
CapSea wrote:Can't wear a shirt with a common grammatical error =(.

The error was intentional. I am an English teacher. A lot is correct English, but the joke is to use bad grammar.

sirjello37

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sirjello37
MadamAtom wrote:I still don't really see it that way, though I see how someone could. If that makes sense.

However: Big Square Block of Ink. I can't see it being comfortable to wear.

It might be better on baby blue, using the shirt color instead of ink for the sky. And maybe even lose the black border and vignette the edges instead. (I'm not an artist, though, so take this paragraph with a grain of salt.)

Excellent suggestion. This is my first derby, so I'm definitely open to suggestions.

skinnysankyo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skinnysankyo
Re: Paul the octopus

haha this is awesome! is it based on the german psychic one?

bsbangel180

Re: A Not So Scurvy Lot

ooo I lovee this one. It's so adorable! Very clever and very cute!

Westlyftw

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Westlyftw
jmmbell1987 wrote:In a derby that might very well produce the worst trio of weekend prints I can recall (which is saying something) this printing would be such a saving grace.

Totally agreed. I voted for this extremely hard, and am not even bothering to look at any other entries this time around.

mikenytola

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mikenytola
mrwednesday wrote:Plagiarism, as defined in the 1995 Random House Compact Unabridged Dictionary, is the "use or close imitation of the language and thoughts of another author and the representation of them as one's own original work.

You do realize that definition can also be applied to many historical classical composers, artists, writers, poets, etc. don't you? Everything has been done before. I'm not saying this design is all that original, just pointing out the flaw in your plagarism argument. Just sayin, k thx

moredots123

quality posts: 2 Private Messages moredots123

I'm new to woot and usually like to lurk more than chime in, but I thought I should add my 2 cents as I plan to buy all my new shirts from here now that I found this place! I think the design is super duper cute and am hoping it doesn't get rejected b/c I would really want to buy it. Sure the idea has been done before but honestly none of the links I saw had anything that looked this polished and.....just cute (short of the reckoned one which I can't buy now). I love Monty Python and have been wanting a killer bunny shirt for a while now but the ones Ive seen in the past all look "off". So what if the idea itself has been seen before, I think it's a well done implementation of a classic and seriously if I had a ton of time I can probably find an "original" idea that most of the other derby entries "plagiarized" from. I don't think people should be punished for improving something good which is what I see this as, it's how we get better cars food everything...people take an old idea and enhance and improve it, else we'd all be driving what? Ford modelTs with 20gal/mi ^_^

theoneill555

quality posts: 56 Private Messages theoneill555
Re: Ensign Ricky Goes Away... (Resub)

Can't......Resist.......Must...........Have............Shirt

That's O'neill with two L's *holds up three fingers*

stupididiot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stupididiot
mrwednesday wrote:Plagiarism, as defined in the 1995 Random House Compact Unabridged Dictionary, is the "use or close imitation of the language and thoughts of another author and the representation of them as one's own original work.

I'd say that fits the bill perfectly for either "You've got to try this guys" or Monty Python depending on whether or not you think the rabbit ate the flesh off the bones behind it no matter how much the classless denizens of woot want to pretend Intellectual Property doesn't exist.

The idea of an cute yet deadly bunny killing people already exists in Monty Python. There is absolutely nothing added to that idea here. No parody, no originality, nothing. It is the exact same idea. That alone is rejectable.

As an added bonus there are already shirts exactly like this one which is also rejectable. We all know that woot likes to ignore the rules for ramy but pretending this is above board is just naive.

this is not plagirism. taking someones elses artwork and selling it as your own, now that is plagirism. this is, at its worse, stealing an idea, and probably is really just a similar idea that they all shared. you can hate them for their unoriginality but this artist is not a plagirist and its just out right disrespectful to say so just because you hate his design. so why dont we just leave them alone, its already been brought up in this thread, there is no need to keep bringing it up. just drop it and let woot do what they will.

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Taco Party!

ThatPoshGirl wrote:Ohh... good choice. It looks so much better now. GMV

Glad you think so, thanks ThatPoshGirl!

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Nom Nom Casualty

Aw so cute and sad... but it looks like the sushi is saying 'delicious' to the other sushi? I'm a little confused by that.

oddlyjen

quality posts: 25 Private Messages oddlyjen
MaryESP wrote:One too many colors, I believe.

I count seven....

As do I. (It's adorable though, regardless.)

ramyb

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ramyb

Perhaps you should revisit 5th grade and learn the definitions of math terms before trying to use them

endangeredomega

quality posts: 37 Private Messages endangeredomega

GMV. I don't wear "cute" personally, but if this prints, I think I might have to buy one for a certain friend who loves both cupcakes and exhibitionism. (He knows who he is ...)

ramyb

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ramyb
Re: Error - Cuteness Overflow

I seriously love the way you put this design together, and especially how you did the error message. I hope this makes it to print one way or another, and if it's not here, please let me know when it's up somewhere else :D

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
bsbangel180 wrote:ooo I lovee this one. It's so adorable! Very clever and very cute!

Thank you!!! :D

jessisima

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jessisima
Re: Narwhal Cookout!!!

Hey thanks!.... i mean...THANX!!! ZORS!!! ^_^!!!!

Ugh... that was exhausting haha

But for real... I appreciate it.

-Jessisima

endangeredomega

Re: Frozen Peas are Cool Beans

GMV. Bravo, sir. I honestly didn't expect to be casting many votes this week, but congratulations on showing everyone how it's done. I love that you've been able to stay so true to your signature style, and create a design that's charming, wearable, and still meets the derby guidelines. Unfortunately, it looks like your work will remain under-appreciated yet again, but thank you, sir, nonetheless, for offering a shred of hope and class to this derby.

jessisima

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jessisima

This is wonderful

CapSea

Re: Lowest Common Denominator

I disagree with you a lot of the time but I'm voting for this because it would be amazing if you won a derby designed to poke fun at you.

endangeredomega

Re: the hills are alive

I can't put my finger on why, but there's something about this I find oddly appealing/intriguing. Not sure I'd wear it, but I keep coming back to look at it nonetheless ...

snarkygal

quality posts: 5 Private Messages snarkygal
Re: Harmless

For some reason, and I could be wrong, but I think this is not the first time Ramyb has put up an entry that has been compared to Fable's "You Have To Try This Guys" win from Derby #82.

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
CapSea wrote:I disagree with you a lot of the time but I'm voting for this because it would be amazing if you won a derby designed to poke fun at you.

^ +1

endangeredomega

Re: Kitties Shouldn't Fly

Really nicely done. Almost feels like a character I'd expect to see in a Miyazaki film.

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

Re: Move Already...

I lose tons of chess games simply out of lack of patience with how slow the other person is moving. Hope I did Ramy, Seki, and Fable's rabbit/turtles justice. Now back to work on the painstakingly tedious illustration of my first idea.

snarkygal

quality posts: 5 Private Messages snarkygal
paigeg wrote:^This.
C'mon, people - this IS the Seki/Ramyb realm. Stop kvetching and let it be. Man, critiquing the font choice (or typeface) is just stretching.
Just let be. It's not like anyone thought the kawaii champs would forego this derby, right?

It would have been nice if they actually created new characters at least. The same kitten, the same d**m bunny. Yes, this is their specialty but c'mon, at least try, not just phone it in.

CapSea

Re: Lowest Common Denominator

Also, while I'm here. I don't really have an issue with you insulting various designers in their threads. I agree that it's an open forum and there are designers that do things that upset you. Go for it. Freedom on speech and all that.

The only problem I have is that that's pretty much all you do. If I go to entries by Walmazan, TJost, TGentry and other great designers, you are never anywhere to be found. But if I open an entry by Ramy or Seki or Spens, there you are, multiple times, always very angry.

The best way to get respect for your opinion of the designers you dislike is to show that you aren't just here to troll. More people will respect both you and your opinion (which sometimes is accurate) including the Woot staff if you said at least as many positive things about the artwork you do like, rather than simply spitting vitriol at those you don't.

Sometimes the artists deserve the negative speeches. That's fine. But if your posts are 95% negative, most people are going to start ignoring you. At the very least, equal it out. Let others know whose pieces you do like more often, and explain why. Especially in their threads, so they can enjoy the compliment as well. The more positive you are, the more the image of you as nothing but a woot troll will go away.

It's pretty clear your goal is not to simply piss people off. Your goal is to change woot with regard to it being an artist community. So while I'm not going to tell you to stop with the anger against artists you don't like, if you show more love to those that you do, you'd be much more likely to get a reaction you can appreciate.

moonbunnychan

quality posts: 3 Private Messages moonbunnychan
luizin wrote:Very good design!

But I think it's better without the text...

The text really makes the joke though....and adds on that extra bit of nerdy flair.

MBrulla

quality posts: 12 Private Messages MBrulla
Re: Short Circuit

GMV.

Saw YGG Live, wish I'd had this!

endangeredomega

Re: Short Circuit

I am, as always, a huge fan of your style. (But I will confess, I love your work that much more when it features your own original characters.)