Elicea

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Elicea
Re: What Happens when I die?

Come on... we all know that when you die you will either turn into a Vampire and thirst for warm blood, turn into a Zombie and hunger for wonderful delicious braaaiinnnss.... or be frozen for 1000 years, at which point science will have discovered how to bring you back to life with the body of a robot so that you may live forever and ever. Personally, I would rather be a Zombie.

buddahfool

quality posts: 0 Private Messages buddahfool

At first this reminded me of an obscure horrible comic I had the misfortune to read, Lovebunny and Mr. Hell:

*Shudder*

I love what you have done though, it helps erase the horrible memories. It has a nice "Tank Girl" edge to it.

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
mrwednesday wrote:Why not? I quite like snarkygal and I'd love to see what kind of orifice she'd tear into this one.

An exercise in willpower, more than anything. I've been plenty snarky in the past towards the wonder twins, and I'm testing how long I can go before my instincts kick in, and I point out that this design could only be cute and funny if you consider taxidermy cute and are about three years behind on your internet memes.

Damn it.

january

quality posts: 41 Private Messages january
Re: Fresh cake!

This is LITERALLY the cutest thing I have ever seen! It kind of reminds me of the eye munna ee chu (I'm going to eat you) muffin.

creativedv8tion

quality posts: 0 Private Messages creativedv8tion
Re: Move Already...

When I read the theme for this week, and saw what it meant, I was like, "Well, I can safely go without any of these shirts."

But I looked, and saw the turtle on the thumbnail and clicked.

GMV.

leonAzul

quality posts: 0 Private Messages leonAzul
Re: honeyyy!!

Oh, bee heave!

GMV

Selene1212

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Selene1212

Great minds think alike!

creativedv8tion

quality posts: 0 Private Messages creativedv8tion
Re: Kawaii Sulu

How the other Trek one got rejected and this one didn't is beyond me.

DiamondFace

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DiamondFace
Re: Cat Food

Oh, I get it! Because Chinese people eat cats! Wow, your humor is so edgy and original!!!!!1

fftkrazee

quality posts: 3 Private Messages fftkrazee
bookcaterpillar wrote:Personally, I liked this one from Derby 144, tho it's true this one is cuter

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=41771

Ooo interesting. I've never seen that one before. I think mine's different enough (the original had Pooh in it as well) but we'll see. Thanks for the heads up. And thanks for calling mine cuter. Cuter = kawaii-er??? ^__^

kait85

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kait85
Re: u can't haz this

I need this shirt.. like.. so badly..

I don't even buy red normally o.o.. I'll make a exception XD

InkWiz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages InkWiz
Re: Upset Bird

Larger Image
http://i30.tinypic.com/a10lmp.jpg

http://threadless.com/submission/323515/Blue_Books_Of_Sorrow

ChefRAZ

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ChefRAZ
Re: Harmless

I really thought these two left for good, but upon hearing about the theme I knew I'd be wrong.
It's so funny that they both draw in the same exact way. really funny the PATP's looks similar too.

gjbloom

quality posts: 6 Private Messages gjbloom
Re: YumYum

Yes, bacon really is that good!

The peg-leg is a nice touch.

CrescentDebris

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CrescentDebris
albinoapple wrote:I wholly disagree! At least it's some eye candy for me instead of someone else!

Woah now, the mascu..line..nist.. in me objects to that :P

albinoapple wrote:You're right, it wasn't as often as I had thought. I had thought that because it bothers me when it does happen so it's memorable. Nonetheless these designs do make me uncomfortable for reasons I hope to convey.

It's not about a woman being the center of the design that bothers me, and if you think that's what I meant, there's a communication issue. I feel that the only reason that person is a woman is because he wanted sexiness. He wanted a hot emo sex kitten. She's there for the same reason that we don't see topless men bending over in car ads.

I can probably explain the reason behind everything I do or work on. From characters to colors to layout. You feel what you feel and I won't try to change that but I'll tell you WHY it's a woman. Even without being the one that drew the lines.

First off, unless it's artificial, asexual, or androgynous, it's gotta be male or female. That's it. Heads or Tails. So, if it's human, there's a 50% chance it's a woman . So, only 2 to choose from.

I imagine the ratio of Woot users (male to female) is probably pretty close. I have no statistics on it but it seems pretty balanced to me. So, I don't believe Drakxxx put a girl there for a "Sex Sells" tactic. If he did, then he should have told me because I would have told him to make it one bunny and the rest emo girls with probably less clothes and lollipops. Instead, it's just one girl. She's not in a sexual pose or squishing her breasts together. She's just sitting there.

So why not an emo dude? Well honestly, two reasons. First, do a quick Google images search for "Kawaii". What do you see? It's just cute animals and girls. Girls are more associated with this super cute stuff, so it's more on theme.

Second reason, generally speaking, I imagine a lot of girls will think the bunnies and the girl make a cute shirt, associating the girl with the adorable bunnies instead of seeing her as a sex object. So what about the guys? I own zero bunny shirts. And I have nothing with pink on it, but I want this shirt. It just works. Even with bunnies and pink it's full-on awesome and I think a lot of other guys will think so too. So I believe it has a broader appeal.

So why not an emo dude? Show of hands from the male users out there... "Would you buy a shirt with bunnies and an emo dude on it unless the bunnies were murdering him?"

I'm sorry if the design offends you in any way but the reality is, I believe it has a wider appeal, it's definitely more on theme, and it's quite frankly more enjoyable to draw. The obvious said GIRL, so why would we opt to draw a DUDE. If it fit the theme or made more sense, it would be a guy. That's it. Ultimately, you've got to make what you like, and we like this.

Chumpy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Chumpy
Re: Orbital Model of the Carbon Atom

Because this shirt is so awesome, I must refuse to vote for your other one in case it knocks this one away...

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 217 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Very nice! :D

Drakxxx

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Drakxxx
albinoapple wrote:You're right, it wasn't as often as I had thought. I had thought that because it bothers me when it does happen so it's memorable. Nonetheless these designs do make me uncomfortable for reasons I hope to convey.

It's not about a woman being the center of the design that bothers me, and if you think that's what I meant, there's a communication issue. I feel that the only reason that person is a woman is because he wanted sexiness. He wanted a hot emo sex kitten. She's there for the same reason that we don't see topless men bending over in car ads.

I have drawn a lot of females in my designs on here, and this is the first time I've actually be called out on trying to sell sex through the shirt woot contests. I do appreciate your opinion, but please know that it's not my intentions.

As Mr. Debris said, I made a cute girl with a gun to fit in with the derby theme, and to appeal to both males and females who may want the shirt.

Spiritgreen

Re: u can't haz this

Perfect use of 'empty eyes' on the cheezburger. Very well done, guys. :^)

Sweep imminent!

Drakxxx

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Drakxxx

Great stuff sir The turtle is awesome.

Spiritgreen

Re: Must... Resist...

Thanks so much for the great comments guys!

Spiritgreen

Re: Feed me now!

Hey, I really like this design. It's balanced & fun looking, and the colors are spot on. Totally wearable.

Good job!

Spiritgreen

Re: Happy Bunny Samurai v2

The cross-section in the first version -was- a little shocking. This contains the same amount of awesome but in a more acceptable package.

Sweet! :^)

Spiritgreen

Re: Ensign Ricky Goes Away... (Resub)

I've gotta disagree... the addition of the undertaker makes it ten times funnier.

Excellent job! ^__^

Spiritgreen

Re: It's Feeding Time!

Freaking adorable. Love it! +1

Spiritgreen

Re: Error - Cuteness Overflow

Aw, thanks guys! So many nice comments. :^)

I wasn't sure how this would be received, it's quite a silly idea, what a fantastic response.

@jasneko, no it's cute enough already, darnit! I'm cutting you off. ^_^ If I lose the error message box and give you any more cute, your eyeballs could melt.

imsochady

quality posts: 28 Private Messages imsochady
Re: Rainbow refiller

This is awesome!

tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost
Re: Right in the kittens

It's amazing how this joke never gets old On a side note I imagine that this is a fairly accurate depection on Adder in his formative years. Enjoi

megsck

quality posts: 6 Private Messages megsck
Re: monsters are teh cuteness!

my homage to japanese culture and their toys. now off to tackle my next one. enjoy! =)

tjost

MaryESP wrote:One too many colors, I believe.

I count seven....

Also, Kirk's hair looks....patterned or something, instead of solid.

I think thats just a distortion effect caused by the way the image was shrunk down. He has 6 colors, Kirks hair is a halftone of yellow and black, which is causing the pattern.

fftkrazee

quality posts: 3 Private Messages fftkrazee
Re: Ensign Ricky Goes Away... (Resub)

can anyone explain this to me? i know nothing about star trek other than the recent movie. i do know that "red shirt" is a term for minor characters who always end up dying.

also, i thought that was a tailor measuring the red shirt guy. rofl.

tjost

Re: It's Feeding Time!

This would make a great babies print

pandaDreams

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pandaDreams
Re: KAWAII KITTY

HUFF, HUFF, HUFF, I quickly drew up this one and gosh am I tired!! From where I live, it's almost 5:00am! Anywho, I couldn't pass up the idea I had of this mongoose character. Hope you guys like it. ^_^

VooDooo327

quality posts: 0 Private Messages VooDooo327
fftkrazee wrote:Ooo interesting. I've never seen that one before. I think mine's different enough (the original had Pooh in it as well) but we'll see. Thanks for the heads up. And thanks for calling mine cuter. Cuter = kawaii-er??? ^__^

noob

sogj

quality posts: 15 Private Messages sogj
Re: The Favorite

No matter how many new and shiny toys I buy my toddler, all she seems to want is that dirty, scruffy, torn, faithful little bear.

I refuse to answer on the grounds that I don't know the answer.

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
Re: Fresh cake!

Cheeky cheesecake!

paigeg

Re: Right in the kittens

I think I snorted some of my juice...

paigeg

Once more, I have what I think is a terrific idea, but no skilz. I fiddled and fiddled, and can't make it work. Anyone interested enough, PM me.

Here. And don't make fun of my coloring! Never could stay inside the lines.

backandforth

quality posts: 1 Private Messages backandforth

This will be my most inappropriate Cinco de Mayo tee yet!

Re: Taco Party!

srm8ib4

quality posts: 5 Private Messages srm8ib4
mrwednesday wrote:I'll address the major concerns in bulk.

1. This isn't plagiarism because tons of people have done it before.

Shoot someone. Rob a store. I think you'll find that the law doesn't really care if someone else did it first and didn't get punished.

2. Nothing is new so every idea is unoriginal so it's not plagiarism

Write a book about a child wizard going to a wizarding school. Make a movie about a teenager thrust into a rebellion to stop an evil mystical empire. See if you get contacted by any lawyers.

Most everything is a twist on major themes. As mentioned, a picture of an atom is just that. There are lots of pictures of what people conceive of atoms to look like. However there are certain combinations of elements that are unique to the creators who popularized them.

Cute killer bunnies begin and end with Monty Python. No one put those particular things together in that particular way (cute bunny curiously surrounded by piles of bones) before they did. The same way you can't start writing books or making shirts about little people with magic rings, you can't recreate someone else's specific ideas lawfully.

3. You just hate ramy because he's popular and are jealous

Find me another popular artist here that I hate. I love tgentry, cmdixon, drakxxx, kasey, rglee just to name a few. I'll give you a hint. They are fabulous designers with integrity and creativity who make original works most of the time and when they make derivative works they make very certain to put their own stamp on it.

ramy gets so much hate because he repeatedly rips off other people without making use of any parody whatsoever. You can like it or not but classic ideas and subject matter are public domain, and Monty Python and the Holy Grail isn't. Their Intellectual Property rights still stand. So to make any derivative work you absolutely have to have adequate parody and there is none here. The rabbit is presented in exactly the same way as the movie with no differences whatsoever. This is just unlicensed merchandise and as with anything else, cashing in on someone else's ideas is plagiarism. It doesn't matter if you think it's better plagiarism than other things you've seen.

The fact is ramy has already done it before. He made a design for the propaganda derby where he shamelessly ripped off Stephen Colbert and his crusade against bears straight down to the "godless killing machines" tag line with absolutely no changes whatsoever.

He has blatantly plagiarized before and will do so again. The bears shirt he pulled himself before it could get rejected because he knew he'd been caught.

He tried to pretend initially the shirt wasn't about bears at all just a generic "thing to be wary of" then changed his tact saying of course he took it from Colbert but it was a tribute and tried to say he googled godless killing machines and found no shirts like it despite the fact that at the time and still now the truthiness wiki and shirts with the tag are the first results.

In the year or so he's been here he's learned to play the victim because new users buy it, but the fact remains he's repeatedly been caught stealing other people's work and some of us are tired of it.

This shirt is not similar to the other shirts. It just shows a bunny with some skeleton. You're assuming that the bunny is cannibalistic. There's other plausible explanations for this shirt. For example, the bunny could be infected.