PhilSandifer

quality posts: 17 Private Messages PhilSandifer
snarkygal wrote:It would have been nice if they actually created new characters at least. The same kitten, the same d**m bunny. Yes, this is their specialty but c'mon, at least try, not just phone it in.

You have a derby where the theme amounts to "i can has ramyburger."

I pretty much expected, well, this - a straightforward execution of the theme with classic ramy and seki images.

I'm pleasantly surprised, really, by the carbon shirt in the mix as well. But, I mean, let's be honest. This derby amounts to "You know, we're running out of ramy/seki kawaii shirts on the Reckoning. We'd better stock up."

raevynpheather

quality posts: 0 Private Messages raevynpheather

Only problem with this shirt is the thumbnail. If you had made the thumbnail the kitty, it would be in the fog. I think a lot of people are not clicking on it because of the appearance of being just food.

walmazan

quality posts: 65 Private Messages walmazan
Re: Let's Creative!

awesome! I love it!!!!!!!! +1

wootvan

quality posts: 63 Private Messages wootvan
Re: Move Already...

The true irony here is that tgentry has recreated the famous finish from the famous Finnish master Testu "Loggerhead" Dinal. The next move is Nf3.

Historic and charming shirt...can't wait to see what comes out of the factory next.

kettletoast

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kettletoast
bugdodger wrote:Cute idea, but without the title, I don't think the casual observer will get it. This would be one of those shirts that you have to explain constantly.

Yeah, I think you're probably right about that, sadly. I usually try to think of designs that make sense on their own, with no explanation necessary. However, one of my favorite shirts ever is Popcorn Chicken and I have to explain it to people all the time. I never get tired of seeing people finally get it, though

bubsters

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bubsters
Re: this happens to you every time with the coffee

wow..the cat on the left has amazing detail! nice work! hYpEr-KitTy! O_o

bubsters

Re: Squeeeeeeze!

Oh no! Not the water gun!

megsck

quality posts: 6 Private Messages megsck

kettletoast

Re: Error - Cuteness Overflow

Great work as ever, Spiritgreen! Good luck!!!

bubsters

Re: Kitty Innocence

haha! love how the text really enhances the design.

ikeman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ikeman
mrwednesday wrote:I'll address the major concerns in bulk.

1. This isn't plagiarism because tons of people have done it before.

Shoot someone. Rob a store. I think you'll find that the law doesn't really care if someone else did it first and didn't get punished.

2. Nothing is new so every idea is unoriginal so it's not plagiarism

Write a book about a child wizard going to a wizarding school. Make a movie about a teenager thrust into a rebellion to stop an evil mystical empire. See if you get contacted by any lawyers.

Most everything is a twist on major themes. As mentioned, a picture of an atom is just that. There are lots of pictures of what people conceive of atoms to look like. However there are certain combinations of elements that are unique to the creators who popularized them.

Cute killer bunnies begin and end with Monty Python. No one put those particular things together in that particular way (cute bunny curiously surrounded by piles of bones) before they did. The same way you can't start writing books or making shirts about little people with magic rings, you can't recreate someone else's specific ideas lawfully.

3. You just hate ramy because he's popular and are jealous

Find me another popular artist here that I hate. I love tgentry, cmdixon, drakxxx, kasey, rglee just to name a few. I'll give you a hint. They are fabulous designers with integrity and creativity who make original works most of the time and when they make derivative works they make very certain to put their own stamp on it.

ramy gets so much hate because he repeatedly rips off other people without making use of any parody whatsoever. You can like it or not but classic ideas and subject matter are public domain, and Monty Python and the Holy Grail isn't. Their Intellectual Property rights still stand. So to make any derivative work you absolutely have to have adequate parody and there is none here. The rabbit is presented in exactly the same way as the movie with no differences whatsoever. This is just unlicensed merchandise and as with anything else, cashing in on someone else's ideas is plagiarism. It doesn't matter if you think it's better plagiarism than other things you've seen.

The fact is ramy has already done it before. He made a design for the propaganda derby where he shamelessly ripped off Stephen Colbert and his crusade against bears straight down to the "godless killing machines" tag line with absolutely no changes whatsoever.

He has blatantly plagiarized before and will do so again. The bears shirt he pulled himself before it could get rejected because he knew he'd been caught.

He tried to pretend initially the shirt wasn't about bears at all just a generic "thing to be wary of" then changed his tact saying of course he took it from Colbert but it was a tribute and tried to say he googled godless killing machines and found no shirts like it despite the fact that at the time and still now the truthiness wiki and shirts with the tag are the first results.

In the year or so he's been here he's learned to play the victim because new users buy it, but the fact remains he's repeatedly been caught stealing other people's work and some of us are tired of it.

i definatly agree with you. i dont get how no one else sees it

kettletoast

Re: Skyline

I love this!! The concept is good, but the artistry takes it over the top! I hope it prints!

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
Re: Ensign Ricky Goes Away... (Resub)

Revoted, but I do think it's better without the undertaker as well. Star Trek nerds will easily get it without him, and that's really the intended audience!

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

bubsters

sogj wrote:No matter how many new and shiny toys I buy my toddler, all she seems to want is that dirty, scruffy, torn, faithful little bear.

I'm the same way

kettletoast

Re: Orbital Model of the Carbon Atom

Fantastic idea! I'm not a cute-shirt-wearing kinda guy, so this might be one of the few designs from this derby I'd actually buy. And I have several friends who are more science-y that I know would LOVE it. Great work!!

hitch42hiker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hitch42hiker
Re: honeyyy!!

Mmmm, yummy bee barf. Well you know what they say, one creature's vomit is another creature's dessert topping.

bubsters

Re: I only want to be-held...

Awesome!! I want this shirt for my boyfriend

kettletoast

Re: Narwhal Cookout!!!

That'd be the best part of being a narwhal!

kettletoast

Re: monsters are teh cuteness!

I love the colors!!

bubsters

Re: Fresh cake!

lol, one of my favorites! Nice choice of colors and very cute and funny.

bubsters

Re: Feed me now!

very clean graphics and nice, smooth gradient effect!

slyhambone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages slyhambone
marzipanapple wrote:Ahahaha, I love the dribbles on the shark's 'chin'. Excellent!

Yes, cute CAN be enjoyable when you make everything LOOK cute but in reality a shark is eating little stuffed animules. I am very anti-cute (kawaii) but would not mind a shirt that makes fun of it.

bubsters

Re: Robot vs Unicorn

wow, there's a lot going on here, but I really like the composition! It's really busy, but it works.

graffd02

quality posts: 1 Private Messages graffd02
Re: Ensign Ricky Goes Away... (Final)

Took away federation emblems and phasers... this is just 4 generic guys in different colored shirts. oh and one has pointy ears...

Got rid of the redundant undertaker.

should make it past rejectionator... (I hope)

Revote please!

graffd02

quality posts: 1 Private Messages graffd02
bluetuba wrote:Revoted, but I do think it's better without the undertaker as well. Star Trek nerds will easily get it without him, and that's really the intended audience!

I agree, but I was afraid that Woot would reject me again... but here goes nothing

click here for the Non-undertaker version

bubsters

Re: just wants a friend

cute concept, but not so sure about the green shirt :-/

bubsters

Re: Sweet Like Honey (Poohned!)

I don't know about this...it might get rejected.

zombieanna

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zombieanna
bubsters wrote:wow, there's a lot going on here, but I really like the composition! It's really busy, but it works.

Yeah.. I seem to be on a collage kick lately.

Drizzt5

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Drizzt5
raevynpheather wrote:Only problem with this shirt is the thumbnail. If you had made the thumbnail the kitty, it would be in the fog. I think a lot of people are not clicking on it because of the appearance of being just food.

yes I agree!!!

bubsters

Re: Right in the kittens

LOL...and I love the title!! Nice!

DantesHavok

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DantesHavok
Re: mongoose Emo DOOM SQUAD

I need this short in my life

bubsters

Re: Hi

Oh no...run, bunny run!

ThatPoshGirl

quality posts: 32 Private Messages ThatPoshGirl
Re: Happy Bunny Samurai

This is so cute, I really want to vote for it, but I can't wear designs that close to the collar. It makes me feel claustrophobic (I think this may be a girl thing).

zombieanna

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zombieanna

Hey, I'm ZombieAnna, formerly Annie22, for those who remember. Here's my design!

bubsters

Re: Happy Bunny Samurai v2

I like this version much better! very cute!

bubsters

Re: It's Feeding Time!

gah! this is sho cute!! ^_^

ThatPoshGirl

Re: Happy Bunny Samurai v2

Oh, this is way cuter, but still close to the collar for my taste.

jessisima

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jessisima
kettletoast wrote:That'd be the best part of being a narwhal!

Yeah, if I woke up as a Narwhal I'd stop being vegetarian.... wait..... unless sea cucumbers count as vegetables... :X

headfone

quality posts: 2 Private Messages headfone
Jae87 wrote:Winnie the Pooh is hiding just off-camera, isn't he? Lol

Can we get a version with a copyright-safe Pooh with a D-8 face? Or maybe just link me to a picture of Pooh with a D-8 face?
Please?
It'd be quite funny.

ThatPoshGirl

headfone wrote:Can we get a version with a copyright-safe Pooh with a D-8 face? Or maybe just link me to a picture of Pooh with a D-8 face?
Please?
It'd be quite funny.

D-8 face? Someone please explain?