rglee129


quality posts: 27 Private Messages rglee129
Re: Fresh cake!



So much is done with so little here. Great design!

byrbwr


quality posts: 3 Private Messages byrbwr

what would this even be a picture of if it weren't for the text? some sort of green blob smiling.

the text -makes- it.

sekiyoku


quality posts: 18 Private Messages sekiyoku
Re: u can't haz this v2



It was suggested that we resub with a new thumbnail since it wasn't showing enough of the design, so we made some minor tweaks and put it back up

byrbwr


quality posts: 3 Private Messages byrbwr

this is clever and funny to a degree that had it been submitted by a "well-known" artist, it would have been in the fog by now.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

bassanimation wrote:The little ratty looks like a stoofus moon! Only with black eyes instead of the blind-arse red.

Adorable rattyness slays me every time.



Rats can have black eyes.
He needs wiskers, but that is a really nice rat, even without wiskers.

Actually pet rats and pet cats are usually ok together. So it could happen!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

Andy47240


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240
Re: Visit Kawaii


Good job Ms. Loop.



marzipanapple


quality posts: 7 Private Messages marzipanapple
Re: Visit Kawaii



Where you don't need hands to hula...or to play the ukulele apparently (though one wonders if he does it *well*).

Such a great idea! ;) I will take one please. So please WIN!! <3

bubsters


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bubsters
Re: u can't haz this v2



But doesn't this split your votes? :-(

InkWiz


quality posts: 0 Private Messages InkWiz
MadamAtom wrote:I don't actually think it's too close to be acceptable, but be aware that I instantly thought of
this shirt, so others here will, too.



Why because we both have angry birds? This would mean you could never make a shirt with an angry bird on it.... I honestly think it is nothing like that shirt, and I hope others don't as well...

http://threadless.com/submission/323515/Blue_Books_Of_Sorrow

bubsters


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bubsters
Re: Viral Kawaii



This is very cute! ...especially the contagious part.

byrbwr


quality posts: 3 Private Messages byrbwr
cjjang wrote:look up "taco party" on urban dictionary...unfortunate coincidence



look up pretty much any word on urban dictionary...and you'll find some offensive "meaning".

i had no idea what a taco party is, and still don't. i'm pretty sure most of the educated world wouldn't use urban dictionary to get their information from.

bubsters


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bubsters
Re: Love me!



hehe, who doesn't love kittens?

lunamadison


quality posts: 0 Private Messages lunamadison
Re: Harmless



I don't usually post, but I wanted to defend ramyb.

I've been a fan of ramyb's work for sometime now. My fiancee and I buy every shirt they ramyb makes with a bunny on it that woot sells. We love bunnies, we have 3 of our own and I am excited to see a new bunny shirt. Frankly, I love this shirt design, and I get it.

If you've ever owned a rabbit, you know how tricky they can be. You know behind those cute little eyes that they are planning something. To me, ramyb captures that. I also think his bunnies are totally adorable and are very well drawn. I actually get very excited when I see ramyb's art in the derby.

I do already own the "You gotta try this shirt," but I want this one too. To me, they are different. If I like it, I am willing to buy it. I don't think ramyb takes the spot of a better shirt, I think if there were a better shirt, people would vote for it.

I dunno, just my two cents. As an artist and a bunny owner, I get what ramyb is accomplishing here.

Draug


quality posts: 69 Private Messages Draug
bubsters wrote:But doesn't this split your votes? :-(



Oh yes, heaven forbid ramyb or seki get less votes for the onslaught of shirt designs they've put up together. -_-;

The enemy's gate is down.
Writers are people too! (Albeit strange ones.)
Save Poe! Reckon Nevermore! Or he'll be head-locked forevermore!

ramyb


quality posts: 20 Private Messages ramyb
Draug wrote:Oh yes, heaven forbid ramyb or seki get less votes for the onslaught of shirt designs they've put up together. -_-;



I love that two shirts for an artist is considered an onslaught, especially when one of those artists hasn't entered in 18 weeks.

Anyway, the original will be coming down soon so hopefully vote splitting won't be an issue

BootsBoots


quality posts: 37 Private Messages BootsBoots
Re: Viral Kawaii



It's contagious.


Johndis5


quality posts: 3 Private Messages Johndis5
Re: Ensign Ricky Goes Away... (Final)



I see what looks like a small piece of the grim reaper guy on the right of the shirt. his hand maybe?

bubsters


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bubsters
Absconder wrote:I like the two bumping butts. Is that a reference to this cartoon?



Thanks for the link! Made me laugh :D Now I wish I had known about that cartoon...

dea007


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dea007
Re: Don't Tread on Me!



I love this shirt! When I was little, I thought that EVERYTHING had feelings, and so I felt bad when I was walking on stuff because I wouldn't have liked to be walked on! Anyways, super cute!

stupididiot


quality posts: 0 Private Messages stupididiot
kylemittskus wrote:And this is where you are wrong. Even if I take someone's idea and put it in my own words, it is plagiarism if I do not give credit to the person I got the idea from or have a specific artistic reason for doing so (like using a famous line from a Shakespearean play in a piece of literature). I grasp onto the word because I understand what it means. If I wanted to be dramatic, I would say, "This thieving criminal weaseled into the shirt world and highjacked another designer's idea with the help of the Illuminati." You have been here a couple months which means you didn't see the two previous shirts (one of them above) that have already been submitted (one printed). If you don't see this as plagiarism, i.e.: taking another person's idea and claiming it as your own without any artistic commentary for doing so, then you don't. But don't call me dramatic because you think it's dramatic to do so.

You should probably also change your name and spell things properly if you want your attempts at intellectual arguments taken seriously.



did thye use the exact same image from the other shirt and try to pass it off as their own? NO

did they use the exact same idea from the other shirt and try to pass it off as their own? NO, they have the same general concept, which is an homage to the movie im assuming, but his idea is a bit different.
this artist wanted to portray the bunny large in the foreground so that from far away all you see is this cute bunny with the words come closer, then when you get closer you notice the blood and skeleton and the smaller text. that is completely different than the other shirt which just has one bunny who has eaten meat and three other bunnies who are eating carrots.
so this is not plagiarism. he did not steal the image, nor even the exact idea. sure they are all the same general concept, but by no means is this plagiarism. you assume this artist intentially went and looked at the other shirt and thought., "i will steal this idea and make a profit from it! mwahahahahaahaha!" you also assume that just because my account here is only for a few months that i havnt been to this site before hand. i have seen the other shirt. you also assume because i like having a funny screen name and because i make spelling errors that i am unintelligent, you would be wrong again.
you do not have enough information to be accusing this artist of plagiarism. how do you know they didnt have this design done years ago and just decided to submit it now? did you ask in a polite manner? did you even maybe pm them in a respectful way to tell them that their shirt is like other shirts? no you rudely commented on their submission accusing them of plagiarising. this is what i have a problem with. you could have handled this with some class, but instead you were rude and disrespectful to the artist.

astyrfan


quality posts: 1 Private Messages astyrfan
tjost wrote:Now on royal



That's pretty awesome, haha =)

mirthlesssmile


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mirthlesssmile

Drizzt5


quality posts: 3 Private Messages Drizzt5
Re: Harmless



This shirts ok, but your other one in the derby is amazing!

And I fail to see how you plagiarized this... I guess it's just cool to hate.

Johndis5


quality posts: 3 Private Messages Johndis5
Re: Viral Kawaii



Yes! Cuteness kills.

Drizzt5


quality posts: 3 Private Messages Drizzt5
raevynpheather wrote:I voted, but I would like it much better without the one cut in half.



2nd that. It just doesn't seem to fit.

bubsters


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bubsters
Re: Pandoala wants to be friends



LOL, reminds me of Elmira!

BootsBoots


quality posts: 37 Private Messages BootsBoots
bellarific wrote:Where are your mutant bunnies, damnit!



I demand the mutants as well!


Johndis5


quality posts: 3 Private Messages Johndis5
Re: monsters are teh cuteness!



Very nice colors!

bubsters


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bubsters
Re: Shootin' Stars



This would make a great pajama shirt!

sekiyoku


quality posts: 18 Private Messages sekiyoku
BootsBoots wrote:It's contagious.



I love this one :D reminds me of these

BootsBoots


quality posts: 37 Private Messages BootsBoots
sekiyoku wrote:I love this one :D reminds me of these



Are those virus plushies? Amazing!


BootsBoots


quality posts: 37 Private Messages BootsBoots
Re: Visit Kawaii



lol!


BootsBoots


quality posts: 37 Private Messages BootsBoots
Re: Robot vs Unicorn



This is pretty fabulous.


Johndis5


quality posts: 3 Private Messages Johndis5
Re: I HATE being...



I'm not even sure if it's funny, but for some reason it made me laugh. Well done.

bekahthepika


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bekahthepika
BootsBoots wrote:Are those virus plushies? Amazing!



Yerp, we have about 50 of them hanging around our research lab. My favorites are the chicken pox and flesh eating virus =3

BootsBoots


quality posts: 37 Private Messages BootsBoots
Re: Rainbow refiller



I really like the little bits of texture you put in there. The colors are great too.


BootsBoots


quality posts: 37 Private Messages BootsBoots
marzipanapple wrote:Okay, so this is my serious (somewhat) entry. Originally it was going to have a bunch of dotted bunnies lined up on the shirt (implying mass-producing...implying cookie cutter) but in the end, I decided I already have a 'wry' shirt in the works. So instead, I went for cute, but also (hopefully) interesting/creative.

But feel free to tell me if you don't think so. ;) Just also lemme know how I can make it better!

Edit: It says at the top, "Recycle me when I'm old! Cut the outline and sew me together!" (Also, I'll bet you can use the rest of the t-shirt to stuff him!)



Really creative idea. I love it.

Edit: Where are your puking unicorns? I loved that one HARD.


BootsBoots


quality posts: 37 Private Messages BootsBoots
Re: I Love Milk



Neat.


marzipanapple


quality posts: 7 Private Messages marzipanapple
Re: Viral Kawaii



Excellent, Boots! D: You made them so candy-like!

BootsBoots


quality posts: 37 Private Messages BootsBoots
Naolito wrote:4 colors on babyblue



Really cool image. I like it.