graffd02

quality posts: 1 Private Messages graffd02
Johndis5 wrote:I see what looks like a small piece of the grim reaper guy on the right of the shirt. his hand maybe?

took a look at you concern... It looks like the hand-piece is only in the design image, and not in the print-ready file... so it won't print with the little piece...

anthrojason

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anthrojason
Re: Inocence

This shirt is awesome!

bubsters

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bubsters
Re: cat in paste

I love the paste-can facial expression.

walmazan

quality posts: 65 Private Messages walmazan
Re: mongoose Emo DOOM SQUAD

Come one! return this to the fog right now!

bubsters

Re: When I grow up I wanna be Hi-Res

I love the background design more than the t-shirt design.

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

Re: He Knows the Difference

He Knows the Difference

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

BootsBoots wrote:I demand the mutants as well!

Wow, I didn't expect this kind of response to this one. I keep getting sidetracked on mutants, I guess because the response in the original thread was so tepid I figured no one was really itching to see them. Thanks to everyone who's voted for this one though!

buriedwreckage

quality posts: 0 Private Messages buriedwreckage

This has fallen out of the fog? Really? Shakes head in disbelief.

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation

Sad to see this out of the fog. I do like adorable things, but sometimes, like with Indian food, you need something to quell the spice. This was the yogurt to my cute curry. I think I'm hungry or something, cause I make no sense.

Still, awesome freakin design guys.

lisatx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lisatx
Re: Viral Kawaii

I'd buy this for my daughter if it didn't have herpes on it. VERY cute though!

bubsters

Re: the BiG KAWAII BANG

lol. I actually googled "kawaii bang wikipedia" and your post is first on the result.

walmazan

quality posts: 65 Private Messages walmazan

HAHAHAHA! love it so much, and I love your characters!

YinofYang

quality posts: 0 Private Messages YinofYang

My hubby and I laughed so hard when we saw this. We would totally buy it. Love your take on this derby!

animizegirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages animizegirl

lol. I just watched the episode of Bones where Breanon explain how possum play dead.

YinofYang

Re: Error - Cuteness Overflow

You've outdone yourself, Spirit! This design is very colorful and so energetic. Good luck!

kylemittskus

quality posts: 233 Private Messages kylemittskus
stupididiot wrote:did thye use the exact same image from the other shirt and try to pass it off as their own? NO

did they use the exact same idea from the other shirt and try to pass it off as their own? NO, they have the same general concept, which is an homage to the movie im assuming, but his idea is a bit different.
this artist wanted to portray the bunny large in the foreground so that from far away all you see is this cute bunny with the words come closer, then when you get closer you notice the blood and skeleton and the smaller text. that is completely different than the other shirt which just has one bunny who has eaten meat and three other bunnies who are eating carrots.
so this is not plagiarism. he did not steal the image, nor even the exact idea. sure they are all the same general concept, but by no means is this plagiarism. you assume this artist intentially went and looked at the other shirt and thought., "i will steal this idea and make a profit from it! mwahahahahaahaha!" you also assume that just because my account here is only for a few months that i havnt been to this site before hand. i have seen the other shirt. you also assume because i like having a funny screen name and because i make spelling errors that i am unintelligent, you would be wrong again.
you do not have enough information to be accusing this artist of plagiarism. how do you know they didnt have this design done years ago and just decided to submit it now? did you ask in a polite manner? did you even maybe pm them in a respectful way to tell them that their shirt is like other shirts? no you rudely commented on their submission accusing them of plagiarising. this is what i have a problem with. you could have handled this with some class, but instead you were rude and disrespectful to the artist.

I apologize. My comment was immature.

Plagiarism does not need to be intentional. And as I said before, plagiarism does not need to be "exactly" the same. However, I would answer your question: "did they use the exact same idea from the other shirt and try to pass it off as their own?" Absolutely.

I know plenty about plagiarism. As you asked me not to assume things about you, I would appreciate the same. As there is no set rule, say 75% = plagiarism, it is a judgment call. In my best judgment, this idea is blatantly stolen from at least one source. I count at least three. At the very least -- and I mean very least -- this is a completely unoriginal idea.

Your last point is a lucid one, so I will address it. You're correct. I do not know if this was designed five years ago. But neither do you. We are both making assumptions and really the same ones; we are just coming to different conclusions. You just don't like mine because they are exactly opposite of yours. You are giving him the benefit of the doubt for no reason whatsoever. I refuse to do so, although I think I have reason for my stance.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

YinofYang

Re: Shootin' Stars

Who knew science was so wrong? I love your design, it makes me chuckle every time I see it.

DAISYC

quality posts: 6 Private Messages DAISYC
Re: cuttlefish want cuttles

This is my favorite shirt in this derby I think. I love it! I would have rather it been on a darker shirt, but I still love it.

bubsters

Re: Face Value

Love the b&w detail. I would love this more if the snake have a cute snake face instead of a flower.

HannaDisaster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages HannaDisaster
SubBass49 wrote:Brilliant!

But I have to know - were the characters made differently so that you could avoid copyright issues? For example, the real Brobee has 3 horns, yours has 2. Foofa's head has a flower on top, yours has something else going on.

Still GMV.

I'm counting three

bubsters

sogj wrote:I can't tell if the shirt will have the text or not. I kind of like that text! It makes the shirt fit together, very cute idea!!

me too. I like the text.

bubsters

Re: Sugar

Aww...how *sweet*

stardamsel

quality posts: 5 Private Messages stardamsel
Re: Sugar

@marzipanapple: thanks! I thought the colors and the font worked pretty well :->

@RaveDroid: I know, right? It's a happy fun-times shirt! :-D

@BootsBoots: Thx very much! I could get used to this whole texty-shirt trend ;-)

@Drakxxx: Huh, you know I've heard that stop signs make great pets. They don't bite or misbehave, like those pesky little fire hydrants. :-P

@bubsters: Lolz, thanks ;-D

cabooserwar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cabooserwar
Re: Clubbing Revisited

That baby seal looks so cute and innocent. Don't you just want to wrap your arms around it? Or even better, have it's coat wrap around your arms? Well then do we have the shirt for you.

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
jboshaw wrote:it's not just a hamburger, it's a cheezburgr!

I wonder if anyone HAZ given their kitteh a cheeseburger... Oh man, all the people with cats that I know, if you feed their cat even a little bit of anything weird it's HORF City.

Such is the advantage of having pet rats :D They can even eat an old, green, musty cheeseburger! Nommmms. <:3( )~~~~

bubsters

poor lil possum!

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Bottles of bear!

Supercute bears!!

sakleehop

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sakleehop
Re: Chubby mongoose Ladybug

Ladybugs always travel in style - especially really cute, chubby ones. Thanks for looking.

bubsters

Siax wrote:this is for all those conceded people out there who think there hot,spicy,and cute

Love the glowing flames behind it!

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 225 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: monsters are teh cuteness!

Love it!

Great characters and color choices. Good luck megsck. You GMV. ^_^

Spiritgreen

bassanimation wrote:I wonder if anyone HAZ given their kitteh a cheeseburger... Oh man, all the people with cats that I know, if you feed their cat even a little bit of anything weird it's HORF City.

Such is the advantage of having pet rats :D They can even eat an old, green, musty cheeseburger! Nommmms. <:3( )~~~~

This is so true!

I could feed my rat buddies anything, they'd steal pieces of hot dog, whatever! But my kitty had problems with cat food.

Sorry, going off topic. -_^

Spiritgreen

Re: Taco Party!

Hey, that -is- better! And the text feels like it really belongs now.

Revoted. ^__^

achariam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages achariam
Re: Om Nom Nom Nom Love

Who says true love and ice cream can't go hand in hand.

View my work.Read my notes. You should follow me on twitter here.

Silverpsycho

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Silverpsycho
Re: My Heart Is Yours

I love this guy! Zombie love, awww. :D

Trading: Guts & Reverse Tarzan (both are size WL)

Drakxxx

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Drakxxx

Thanks for the support guys. I didn't think this would stand up against the ranks of other kind of cute in the top 10, but the design's purpose was to offer something to those that might not have necessarily wanted all that "^-^" in their shirt this week. And I'm glad to see it's done it's job in those regards.

tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost
Re: Eat more meat

Doctors are liars

BootsBoots

quality posts: 38 Private Messages BootsBoots
lisatx wrote:I'd buy this for my daughter if it didn't have herpes on it. VERY cute though!

You can think of it as oral herpes. That's how I'm picturing it. Still annoying when it hits you, but nonsexual.

Thanks for the comments everyone. I'm glad you like yucky cute.

tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost
Re: Super Happy Fun Shirt!

Sorry man but similar shirts exist

Johndis5

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Johndis5
graffd02 wrote:took a look at you concern... It looks like the hand-piece is only in the design image, and not in the print-ready file... so it won't print with the little piece...

I figured that if it printed, it wouldn't be there. Just thought I'd point it out in case you missed it.

BootsBoots

quality posts: 38 Private Messages BootsBoots
Re: Clubbing Revisited

I wholeheartedly agree with the sentiment.