Siax

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Siax
Siax wrote:this will get rejected because its a photo based on your kitten

and I did not say that sarcastically by the way

its just that woot doesn't print photos on shirts

mrwednesday

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday
Re: Harmless

I knew it had to be but even still it shocks me when woot makes the right call.

Siax

tjost wrote:Most disturbably cute, and the title is great.

I totally agree +1

chuckblues

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chuckblues
Siax wrote:and I did not say that sarcastically by the way

its just that woot doesn't print photos on shirts

But I thought the restriction is due to copyright law and color limits ... and its my photo and my kitten and the artwork is "based on a photo" but it is not a photo and only has 6 colors

Siax

chuckblues wrote:But I thought the restriction is due to copyright law and color limits ... and its my photo and my kitten and the artwork is "based on a photo" but it is not a photo and only has 6 colors

you might get away with it but its up to woot in the end

TheFlyingLime

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TheFlyingLime
Re: Pithed Lemon

This is AWESOME! The pink cheeks confused me for a sec, but otherwise it's peerrrfect.

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Love me!
JesseBYAH wrote:I wish this had more votes. I get a giggle out of it everytime :P

I don't know why exactly, but it does the same thing to me too - thanks Jesse!:D

Vote!

suzinxlyn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages suzinxlyn
PixelPants wrote:Saw my first live Kiwi this year. It wasn't doing this, so I guess it wasn't the king.

Nice! I'd love to see a real, live kiwi someday myself.

TheFlyingLime

Re: Yay! It's Onion!

Oh no! Resub as a red onion, quick!

suzinxlyn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages suzinxlyn

Thanks for all the love on King Kiwi!

Realistically, I don't expect to win against the veteran artists here in the realm of cute, but this feedback means I'll be entering here and there when I get the chance to draw :3

Dytari

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Dytari
Re: Don't Pull Me Around

That turtle toy was my favorite thing take with me when I was a kid!

TheFlyingLime

Re: One fish....RUN FOR YOUR LIVES on royal blue

I completely disagree with the previous comments, because I LOVE the pun of the blue shark. 'Cause sharks are fish!

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
Re: Camping Jolly Roger

This is great, Robert! You are fantastic at coming up with simple, and very wearable designs. I could see campers nabbing this up like crazy. It's perfect for the recreational season and beyond.

crickey23

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crickey23
Re: Ice Cream Shower

I swear if this gets made into a shirt I'd buy 12.

jb2colorado

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jb2colorado
Re: King of the Kiwis

well, even if you don't expect to win, figure I got my fingers crossed that you place top 3.

TheFlyingLime

Re: They call me Sugar Baby

The title says Sugar Baby, but I think it looks more like the equally adorable Brown Mouse Lemur. Also, I think this design would increase in awesomeness on a darker blue.

Gesani

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Gesani
ThatPoshGirl wrote:I don't really see how this is off topic, but I guess it wouldn't be a derby without me getting rejected while being completely in theme but in an obscure way.

=( i really did want this shirt.. If only to wear it at Dragon*Con and see howmany people asked me to stand still so i could be scanned..

Eshto

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Eshto
tattooedbear wrote:That's amazing how you made this look so much like the photograph of the same subject! Your anti-realism minimalist use of abstract Dada-esque art IS edgey!

LOL!

Mostly laughing because I went to grad school and was subjected to "art theory" which was basically indistinguishable from what you just wrote...

marzipanapple

quality posts: 7 Private Messages marzipanapple

Oh my god the colors.

My poor laptop just doesn't know how to show me proper colors. Sometimes it's a blessing..other times..

And I know, I know it's super late. This is just more of a 'Hey! I finished it!' type entry. ;)

Detail!

Eshto

cabooserwar wrote:why exactly was this shirt deleted? I'd love a better answer than "no", they didn't even say off topic. I thought it was sorta cute, and i don't think it should fall under not pg-13, seeing there are shirts depicting actual violence, and not supposing it...

I mean... really?

Eshto

Re: Shhhh

This is definitely interesting and if anything, I learned something. Thanks!

Eshto

Re: Death By Cuteness

This is just great. I would bet my life on it printing, and when it does I am definitely buying one.

MaryESP

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MaryESP
dwayri wrote:I would think "Star Trek" if I saw it, but I would also think "The Wiggles". But then, that isn't necessarily a bad thing. GMV. Good luck!

Now THAT would be a funny combo/parody!

Siax

marzipanapple wrote:Oh my god the colors.

My poor laptop just doesn't know how to show me proper colors. Sometimes it's a blessing..other times..

And I know, I know it's super late. This is just more of a 'Hey! I finished it!' type entry. ;)

I soooo wish you would've got this one in earlier!!! +1

Hengehog

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Hengehog
Cantatus wrote:If he spoke in all caps, Terry Pratchett would approve. :D

I have just read a few of those books and I agree. It should be in all caps.

Siax

kinzoku wrote:............

...Missingno?

thats something I didn't think about............
but as for the shirt it just didnt fit the derby

good try though

Drakxxx

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Drakxxx
Re: Even the Grass Has a Face

This is hilarious. the title alone made me giggle to no end.

Brad3326

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Brad3326

Somehow this post got added to the wrong place. Ignore...

Brad3326

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Brad3326
pure5152 wrote:if you can't see the orbitals and energy levels, you must be blind.

The electrons are orbiting, however, that's not accurate as of 1911. No lines and just clouds would be a better representation.
As a chem major, I dream of shirts getting this correct, alas, we seem stuck in a world where atom graphics have fixed electron orbits.

Ignore my (immediately) above post, I got fowarded somewhere weird and it threw me off.

Odyani

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Odyani
Re: Boo(m)

This is actually very cute. I like it alot! Too bad it doesn't have more votes. Well you've got one more now! Nice idea.

cabooserwar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cabooserwar
Eshto wrote:...

I mean... really?

there is another baby seal shirt that clearly depicts clubbing them...
soooo thanks for not answering the question.

flamespear

quality posts: 4 Private Messages flamespear
AdderXYU wrote:This is the thing.

This is not remotely unique. Fable's wasn't unique, and this is the same style, same basic concept. OOH KILLER RABBIT.

I think people are getting hung up on Monty Python when really, anyone who has ever woken up and said "damn, it's nice to have eyes" has seen this shirt before. Think back to that nice facepainted juggalo girl who pouted as she gave you thirty cents back at the local qwikmart (and maybe beamed when you bought a faygo). She was wearing this same shirt. Remember when you stumbled into hot topic because you thought it was the entrance to forever21 by mistake? This shirt was on the walls. Remember last year when you went to shirt.woot? Yep, this was definitely for sale. It's a poorly conceived slogan shirt for the alienated post-goth overpriviledged glittervamp fan. It's happy bunny with bones. It's Emily the Strange with ears. It's fablefire with a human skull instead of what is presumably a bunny's (though when you get this deformed in your "art" really where does the line stop?)... It's all just one more "I don't fit in, look at my shirt, it's so creepy and cute JUST LIKE ME please call me Bella Namaste because Susan just doesn't speak to my dark miasma of a soul."

But it's also poorly executed. Look at that text. Defend that text. I dare you to do so and look educated. It's uncreatively executed. There are hundreds of entries here that are on theme and don't use this same exact formula going on in every single win from these two. As for the concept itself? Sure, you can trace it back to Monty Python, but there are plenty of Threadless shirts with innocent looking critters which are deadly, there are plenty of hot topic shirts with a cute-but-slightly-deranged character giving this same message, and there has been a woot shirt SPECIFICALLY about cannibal/killer rabbits. Saying this is nothing like those should forfeit your right to vote here. Because it's clear you are just clicking buttons randomly and not looking at the items.

Wall of text crits for OVER 9000

flamespear

quality posts: 4 Private Messages flamespear
Re: Fresh cake!

I think aside from the obvious the color choices including the shirt really makes it look authentically Japanese. Like something you'd actually see in our coming out of japan :P Very cool.

u2fan01

quality posts: 0 Private Messages u2fan01
Re: He Knows the Difference

This shirt rocks! If it prints, I'll buy it. I laughed so hard...great work!

Drakxxx

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Drakxxx

hey sir, this is a great concept thats wonderfully executed! One of the few I voted for.

tulsastorm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tulsastorm

All the good shirts never make it to the fog or get rejected. Not sure why I even bother looking anymore.

Eshto

Re: Too cute to give up

I really love this one, it goes well with my irreverent sense of humor. I'd buy it if it printed. Wish more people would notice it!

Eshto

Re: honeyyy!!

Ah, cute things vomiting up sweet/pretty things. It never gets old.

Eshto

Re: Orbital Model of the Carbon Atom

Heh, this is really cute. Those electrons need counseling.

Eshto

Re: Be My Chum

I wish this was getting more votes, it amuses me and I would totally wear it.