mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
leothehobo wrote:Their brains paralized by a virus, Some people have lost the ability to realize the irony of any parody. We call these types Obama Zombies...

Not necessarily. When that thin little line has been crossed, you have an entry that is not only rejectable for being too close to other people's work, but it is too close to racism as well.

ibrahimkahlil

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ibrahimkahlil
mjc613 wrote:Not necessarily. When that thin little line has been crossed, you have an entry that is not only rejectable for being too close to other people's work, but it is too close to racism as well.

seriously explain why this might be racist cause that was never my intent. what part of this incorporates any stereotypes or racist generalizations. i think its racist not to parody everybody. seriously its not like he's Muhammad or something the mans a public figure comes with the territory.

p.s. from a certain point of view this could be flattery cause lets face it the man has brains (he's smart that is)

Siax

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Siax
Re: I still just want a hug

you know what would've been funnier......if they where switched around. But you still got a +1 from me

ThatPoshGirl

quality posts: 32 Private Messages ThatPoshGirl
Siax wrote:you know what would've been funnier......if they where switched around. But you still got a +1 from me

The Mythbusters actually went to Africa to test the myth that elephants are afraid of mice. It turns out it is true. When the elephants saw the mice they totally flipped out.

obsidianzebra

quality posts: 0 Private Messages obsidianzebra
Re: Cloudy with a chance of Ponies

I want this shirt. I really really want this shirt. If it prints anywhere, I want it!!

Siax

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Siax
ThatPoshGirl wrote:The Mythbusters actually went to Africa to test the myth that elephants are afraid of mice. It turns out it is true. When the elephants saw the mice they totally flipped out.

hey I remember seeing that one!

jubie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jubie
Re: Nom Nom Casualty

i wish this shirt would win T________T
it's perfect for my friend!

fairnymph

quality posts: 55 Private Messages fairnymph
Re: Kitties Shouldn't Fly

This is truly adorable! And the most wearable shirt in the derby, to be honest (though the nerd in me likes the carbon atom just a teensy bit more).

I hope this wins.

My Cellar * Read my ramblings on LiveJournal.

79 wine.woots, 42 shirt.woots, 18 woots, 3 sellout.woots, 1 kids.woot

"I like my Sirah like I like my women: young, Petite and inky." - Thralow on CT

spicysalsavixen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spicysalsavixen
Re: Kawaii Geisha

i love it love it love it

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 215 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: CUDDLE ME (v 2)

Certainly does look good on inky navy, gmv.

cakeninjak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cakeninjak
tgentry wrote:or Cormac McCarthy.

HAHAHAHA. Winner points for that comment. I don't think I've ever read a longer, less coherent sentence in my life.

You GMV.

jackmando7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jackmando7
raevynpheather wrote:$#*% you woot. I am done buying shirts from you. You take the best shirt that has been on the site in six months and reject it. I have bought 35 shirts from this site, but no more. You continue to let scum like Mrwednesday and Adder spread hate for things that the general public wants. Your sales of derby shirts has gone down (despite a sharp increase in traffic to the site). You reject many shirts for invalid reasons. You should probably just change your weekly rules to "no Ramyb" because it is obvious that that is what you are doing. Now you reject this shirt. My wife is going to actually cry when she sees that you have rejected this shirt, because it was her favorite design since Listen to your Conscience http://shirt.woot.com/blog/viewentry.aspx?id=8901 almost a year ago.

Bye.

jackmando7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jackmando7
Lagbert wrote:Your statement is incorrect In the last 4 months only 4 ramby shirts have come up for sale. In that same time 3 tjost, 3 tgentry, and 3 drakxxx designs have all been for sale. patrickspen has had a total of 7 shirts come of for sale during the same period. Ramby may be in the fog often, but he doesn't win as often as people believe.

How many derbies has he entered in the last four months, four? I am not a Ramyb or seki hater, I know I own at least one shirt by each of them. I admit that I don't fallow the derby closely. I am not an artist by any stretch of the imagination so I really dont care who wins, it wont be me.

I am just sayin' every time I see his work in a derby, it wins.

truffleshuffle

quality posts: 4 Private Messages truffleshuffle
Re: HUGZ TYME NOW

Hahaha, I like it! That is one insidious tongue!

hockeypunk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hockeypunk
Re: Cover the Earth

ill admit. this is awesome. got my vote!

Jae87

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Jae87
elife55 wrote:i know this is not my shirt and i couldn't make it this cool even if i tried but i think it would have been a bigger hit if the bottle had a tube coming out from under it and connected to the cartoon so the milk cartoon was drinking it's own milk

Is it weird if I thought the Milk drinking it's own milk would be gross? Haha!

--Jae
Birthday Crap - 7/12/09, Random Crap - 1/28/10, Adventure Crap - 4/1/10, Birthday Crap - 7/12/10, Brick of Carbonite - 12/6/11, Santa's Sack of Crap - 12/25/11

Miyari

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Miyari

I was amazed that Procrastinate got along as well as it did with such gaudy typeface, so I doubt that the terribly awkward choice for this design will stop it from selling like hotcakes.

qdibble

quality posts: 0 Private Messages qdibble
Re: Frozen Peas are Cool Beans

Nice. Should we assume the Kanji reads "cool beans" or am I missing something?

jomichar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jomichar

Thanks, everybody! This is only my second derby entry so I'm glad to see this doing so well, even if it doesn't touch the fog. I wonder if I should have made a different thumbnail... oh well. Any suggestions or critiques are welcome!

sittle wrote:Great concept... The irony is that all the shirts that people would buy, would be delivered on the back of trucks... Which consume lots and lots of oil products... Oh, the irony...

Haven't you heard? The oil is much better for the world when it's processed and then burned into the air. Burning things makes all our problems go away! Hey... is it getting hotter in here or is it just me?

karamon101

quality posts: 0 Private Messages karamon101
walmazan wrote:Ha, in my mind was a Godzilla

Eh, it's a cute reptile type animal friend. Dino, Godzilla, either way it's pretty damn adorable.

I'm the root of all that's evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

marzipanapple

quality posts: 7 Private Messages marzipanapple
Re: Even the Grass Has a Face

Well, the hotness was fun while it lasted! Thank you, everyone! I'm glad this is something people enjoyed.

ISO30

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ISO30
Re: this happens to you every time with the coffee

He's gonna knock over the coffee when he pounces on the camera.

ISO30

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ISO30
Re: Cover the Earth

Yes! I need a shirt that tells the world the truth! BP is evil and they spend billions in drilling for oil with the intent to cover the world with it.

BP shareholders are in on this sinister plan as well, you know. :-)

noodlerice

quality posts: 0 Private Messages noodlerice

its a good contrast between "cute" and the "uncute".
really like the detail on the zombie, and the additions of pacifier and sippy cup.

noodlerice

quality posts: 0 Private Messages noodlerice

huzzah for another first poster! ^_^
and your right, it is a simple design, but its well done.
yeah, i found theres a couple of things i wish looked better on my design as well.
gl in the derby.

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
Re: Caution: Laboratory Animals

Welcome to the fog!

I would love to wear this...cause lab rats are awesome and I want to kiss them all. -kiss kiss kiss-

mechangmenow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mechangmenow
Re: RELEASE THE KRAKEN!

this line could be used in other places too <__<

truffleshuffle

quality posts: 4 Private Messages truffleshuffle
Re: RELEASE THE KRAKEN!

hahahaha, this makes me laugh if only because i love the old-school version of the Clash of the Titans with the clay-mation kraken and Laurence Olivier as Zeus. Well-chosen quote my friend, hehe.

LOLcommunism

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LOLcommunism
mochabean5 wrote:You have this Hungarian's vote!

YEHEHEHEHHEHEHEHS!

Would you kindly...

JesseBYAH

quality posts: 5 Private Messages JesseBYAH

mjc613

Re: Marshmallow hooray!!!

Woot cannot print most gradients and only some half-tones. Can you show close-ups of the eyes and mouth to show how they were done?

vorteks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vorteks
Re: The Elephant Ride

Looks good, but... you sure you don't have too many colors there?

mjc613

Re: The Elephant Ride

If you want this printed on a gray heather shirt, you need to use the template that shows the texture. This late in the derby they probably won't bother, but for future reference, they have rejected gray t-shirts before that did not show the texture

sittle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sittle

Hooray!!! Everyone loves Marshmallows!! ... but isn't this really just a face?

sittle

sogj wrote:*spews coffee*

+1

Hope you didn't get any on your new mattress?

InkWiz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages InkWiz
Re: Upset Bird

Wanted to say thanks to everyone for their support on this one.

http://threadless.com/submission/323515/Blue_Books_Of_Sorrow

sittle

Re: world nom-ination :D

This could have benefited from some better typesetting and type selection...

sittle

Bummer Kasey... really great idea, great concept and perfect execution.... "Woot" have been nice to see this one fly... It had my vote!

endangeredomega

quality posts: 37 Private Messages endangeredomega
Re: honeyyy!!

Out of the fog??!! Say it ain't so!

Hadn't really intended to purchase anything for myself this week (can't pull off 'cute' - I get told I look like a 12 year old enough already.)

However, the boyfriend, who is far more comfortable in his masculinity, and a honey-fanatic, was really looking forward to picking this one up over the weekend

ullreym

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ullreym
truffleshuffle wrote:How many pandas live on the moon?
Alla dem!

I like all of the "pandeMOONium" going on.