sittle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sittle
Re: Squeee!

I really like your line work! Real smooth!

bellarific

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bellarific
Re: Fresh cake!

NUDIST CUPCAKE YOU BETTER PRINT

kbsig106

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kbsig106
Re: Eat more meat

Fruit is overrated...

sittle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sittle
Re: Weatherman

more rainbows!!

karythe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages karythe
endangeredomega wrote:As someone who is pretty severely arachnophobic myself -- can't even look at them in books or on telly -- I've got to say, if someone tried to "systematically desensitize" me, then my solution would most certainly involve punching. And kicking. (Right after the shaking & hyperventilating ...)

That's why they start by showing you a picture of a spider from way across the room!

Evidently you eventually get used to having the picture there in the background, and then they start moving it closer, until you can touch the picture. Then from there, they use videos, I think. By the end of it you end up completely fine with sitting right next to a live spider, if all goes well. This all happens over a REALLY long time though, and can certainly be stressful-- a bit like taking allergy shots to reduce your allergies by exposing you to more and more of the allergen in small increments over a long time.

I wouldn't blame you for punching and kicking if someone shoved a picture right in your face though!

rpnash

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rpnash
Re: What do countries talk about?

My parents are in the Czech Republic right now! If this shirt wins, I will buy them both a shirt...perfect homecoming gift :-)

ThatPoshGirl

quality posts: 32 Private Messages ThatPoshGirl
karythe wrote:That's why they start by showing you a picture of a spider from way across the room!

Evidently you eventually get used to having the picture there in the background, and then they start moving it closer, until you can touch the picture.

No no no! Spiders moving closer to you is the whole problem. I don't want some creepy ass spider picture creeping toward me. Yikes.

howlowck

quality posts: 0 Private Messages howlowck
bubsters wrote:"Great Omelets!" I love designs with suspense built in them. Very nice!

I am such a noob, but what does "Great Omelets" mean?

sheilablooms

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sheilablooms

This is so funny! I want to buy...is it for sale? Where?

lmsk123

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lmsk123

Cute shirt! I like!

sagerman4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sagerman4
Re: The Chewed

Holy God. That dude (this is God I'm talking about) is, for reals now, holy. This shirt? No. Not holy. Pretty awesome, but not holy. I would totally buy this shirt, but I wouldn't worship it. You know what I mean? I do. So that's enough, I think. Isn't it enough? Or, on the other hand, does it have to make sense to other people than myself in order for it to be a valid idea? I'm no longer sure. GMV

sagerman4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sagerman4
Re: Hoooo you callin' cute?

HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO!

karinaoi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages karinaoi
Re: Orbital Model of the Carbon Atom

Science + Cute = Awesome

Be the change you want to see in the world.
~ Gandhi

karinaoi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages karinaoi
Re: Viral Kawaii

Science + Cute = Awesome

Be the change you want to see in the world.
~ Gandhi

ShelbyLyn122

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ShelbyLyn122
jerroul wrote:I have two cats-a black/white and a solid black-and at considerable cost* to meself, I held them each, in turn, at arm's length in aproximately the same head angle to check their ears. It is my considered opinion that the ears are the least stylized aspect of Seki's kitteh.

*The black cat took the whole experiment as a personal affront and made a strong political statement, which drew blood.

Quality post.

Xynahort

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Xynahort
Re: Cover the Earth

YESSS.
I love this. Very well done. =)
I like its simplicity, and the color choice for the t-shirt. Makes it happy at first glance, but then all the more shocking and funny after realizing what it is. ^^'

Jet2322

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jet2322

Sigh, for being the derby that everyone was looking forward to, the designs in the fog aren't as good as I would of hoped them to be

angusbro

quality posts: 0 Private Messages angusbro
jomichar wrote:Thanks Diana. Yeah, I actually didn't even think of the SW logo similarity until I was almost done. It must have been buried in my subconscious somewhere! ;)

Ummm, to have the same logo & the same slogan, I think for certain you were basing of the SW logo, or it was pretty fresh in your noggin'

LeighLiar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LeighLiar
Re: CUDDLE ME (v 2)

i love this shirt. i want it to print so i can get one for myself and one for my daughter. This is one of the cutest, most awesome shirts ever.

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
Jet2322 wrote:Sigh, for being the derby that everyone was looking forward to, the designs in the fog aren't as good as I would of hoped them to be

I'm thinking there will be a lot of HM's. Perhaps we'll see some of the favorites in the 'holding zone' come back then.

mayaagni

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mayaagni

I love love love this shirt. It would be the first shirt I'd buy in a while. 8D I've got a special spot in my heart for this since I use the name beepuke for a lot of games loooool. It always cracks me up when someone realizes what it means.

jupilberry

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jupilberry
Re: Cover the Earth

Reminded me of this...

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=41468

DAISYC

quality posts: 6 Private Messages DAISYC
Re: Hoooo you callin' cute?

does this owl's eye twitch or is that my computer???

boomup

quality posts: 0 Private Messages boomup

Great concept & the tortoise is fantastic. Unfortunately, I see nothing cute about the hare, and this derby is supposed to be about cuteness.
Darn.

lukekul

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lukekul
Brad3326 wrote:The electrons are orbiting, however, that's not accurate as of 1911. No lines and just clouds would be a better representation.
As a chem major, I dream of shirts getting this correct, alas, we seem stuck in a world where atom graphics have fixed electron orbits.

Ignore my (immediately) above post, I got fowarded somewhere weird and it threw me off.

This shirt would look ridiculous with an exact atom diagram. It would make more sense for you to complain about the lack of free-space that an atom is mostly comprised of with a minuscule nucleus. Atoms are still generally represented like this because the behavior of electrons would be all but impossible to actually portray. Each energy level is depicted on the tee with the lines which in turn represent the spherical shape of the energy levels. One should realize that the electrons are not in a fixed, circular orbit in their energy levels, but instead in the electron cloud.

Regardless, this shirt got my vote, and I will buy it in a heartbeat if it's a winner! Plus, I won't be embarrassed wearing it in plain view of my chem. professor!

DAISYC

quality posts: 6 Private Messages DAISYC
Re: Viral Kawaii

I like the font. I like the herpes. This shirt is great.

jeleavitt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeleavitt
Re: Love me!

Adorable!!

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

boomup wrote:Great concept & the tortoise is fantastic. Unfortunately, I see nothing cute about the hare, and this derby is supposed to be about cuteness.
Darn.

Wha?

Miyari

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Miyari
mdcushman75 wrote:I wish this had more votes cause I want this shirt!

I'm hoping for an editor's pick, I really love everything about this design and it's just 100% wearable AND lovable. Sometimes designs are great and people seem to forget we actually wear these shirts. I can't count how many times I've loved a shirt's art and then gotten it and basically hung it in my closet like a poster.

DarkDrag0n

quality posts: 7 Private Messages DarkDrag0n

I agree for the most part with the people who are angered that this got rejected. The truth no matter how you look at it is that Ramy and Seki receive a lot more scrutiny than any other artist due to the "bloc" of people who inherently dislike their designs. This reason alone is enough to generate endless controversies about the legitimacy of their design that almost always ends in people clamoring for its rejection on whatever grounds (off topic, similar shirt exists). But these people are biased; they would do anything to drive these artists off Woot.

My point is there are probably 20 other well-performing shirts that could be rejected right now based on the BROAD and NON-SPECIFIC definition of a "similar shirt" that Woot just set with this rejection. So now, no matter the context or presentation, all carnivorous rabbits are off-limits. Okay, how about talking vegetables with faces? I'd love to get rid of those. How about anything with a turtle and rabbit engaged in some sort of competition? How about kiwis contemplating their existence with respect to kiwifruit? Are these not as generalized as the concept of a carnivorous rabbit?

It's not an issue of whether you like or support this design, just that all designs be treated equally. I'm disappointed that Woot gave in to popular forum pressure and opted for appeasement.

NemmyX

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NemmyX

This shirt cracks me up, love it.

NemmyX

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NemmyX
fftkrazee wrote:Oh no, it was out of the fog? Maybe there's still a chance but thanks for the votes everyone anyways. It did alot better than I expected. :D

Really sad that it isn't in the fog, it's a great shirt.

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
specsmachine wrote:This shirt is so much funnier with context.

It is. Knowing the context, I laughed. Very loudly.

jmmbell1987

Re: We'll be together someday.. I promise..

This is kind of heartbreaking.

jmmbell1987

Re: the hills are alive

This is a fantastic design. Too absurd for woot, I think, but wonderful work, regardless.

goneferal

quality posts: 18 Private Messages goneferal
Re: The Elephant Ride

Adorable!

jomichar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jomichar
jupilberry wrote:Reminded me of this...

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=41468

Whoa, you're right! It's like the anti-version of that Earth Day shirt. I remember that one now. I have to say that after working on this one for as long as it took me, I have a large amount of admiration for patrick's work on that design.

icymallard

quality posts: 4 Private Messages icymallard
Re: HUGZ TYME NOW

fresh...

Fresh..

sjuliard

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sjuliard

I think its a brilliant idea! if you can rework it to within the printable area and make the bird look a little less like an egg id vote for it for sure

walmazan

quality posts: 64 Private Messages walmazan
Re: Fresh cake!

Guys, I just want to say thanks! usually after 4 day in the fog always kick my butt, (almost every single week), but this time looks a little different! a least I still there

Thanks guys for the support and all the comments, and be free!