+ Add a Comment

thurdl01

quality posts: 11 Private Messages thurdl01
Re: honeyyy!!

I didn't expect to like any shirts this derby. Thanks for proving me wrong. Got my vote.

walmazan

quality posts: 64 Private Messages walmazan
spilzer wrote:Add me to the list of folks who think this would look better without the text.

Agree!

thurdl01

Re: cuttlefish want cuttles

Cuttlefish rock.

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Happy food means delicious taco party.
Spiritgreen wrote:This turned out great, jas'. Interesting layout and a nice summer party feeling to it. ^__^

Thanks Spiritgreen! I changed the layout around many times trying to get it a bit more interesting, so that is good to hear!

rnstrang wrote:I think I would prefer it wihtout the words on it, so it is just the food items.

Hmmm ... I did think about doing it without the text, or I am also considering just having the words 'taco party'. What do you think? (and anyone else chime in too if you'd like it better one of those ways)

Vote!

walmazan

Re: Killer Bunny!

Nice idea!

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 129 Private Messages DianaSprinkle
gargrazz wrote:Okay, it's weird that the robot add next to this is advertising the actual Gadsden flag swag... at least I don't have to explain the joke and maybe it helps illustrate the irony. :^)

Yeah that's really weird and a happy coincidence. Because I didn't get this at first until I looked over at the ad.

052hagen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 052hagen
Re: Lost World

This kinda reminds me of Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
Re: Harmless

Completely unoriginal. And Fable submitted another design that followed the exact same lines of her first, which makes this shirt completely unoriginal x2. Or is it three, since Fable's second shirt was also unoriginal after her first? Either way, DERBY WINNER!

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

052hagen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 052hagen

?

DianaSprinkle

Draug wrote:zOmelets made great sharks are epic. If this wins I'll break my shirt.woot dry spell and scoop it up. X3

YAY! I'm so happy to hear that. He was my favorite out of all the designs I had. Dangerously cute.

jewelwing

quality posts: 13 Private Messages jewelwing
thurdl01 wrote:Cuttlefish rock.

They do. Automatic win for me, just for putting one on a shirt. If you want to be my favorite shirt ever, try it on a darker color too.

thurdl01

kylemittskus wrote: Completely unoriginal. And Fable submitted another design that followed the exact same lines of her first, which makes this shirt completely unoriginal x2. Or is it three, since Fable's second shirt was also unoriginal after her first? Either way, DERBY WINNER!

Similar shirt exists.

DianaSprinkle

Spiritgreen wrote:A pun of the highest quality!

Really nice, DS'! :^)

Ha ha ha, I'm please that people like it.

jewelwing

quality posts: 13 Private Messages jewelwing
Re: When I grow up I wanna be Hi-Res

Why isn't this getting more votes? I'd wear it. Or did I just answer my own question there?

rglee129

quality posts: 28 Private Messages rglee129
Re: Super Animal Jump Fun! Resub!

6 colors on royal blue. (Looks like 7, but the sharks got a bit of linear halftone action).

I like the way this turned out- it was surprisingly a lot of fun to draw these little guys. Despite being the sponsor of the high school kids' Anime Club (we only watched the good stuff like "Read or Die") for 5 years and teaching middle school art (where I'm surrounded by this stuff!), I never really tried the cute stuff myself. Hello Kitty fan art is next, so look out, world! ^__^

ps
The resub has no distressing and a few other tweaks from the original, largely thanks to the advice of three commenters (Thatposhgirl,Wgordon, and DianaSprinkle) and my wife. Thanks for the quick feedback!

wayne88

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wayne88
Re: Orbital Model of the Carbon Atom

I would be unhappy too if I was negative all the time.

megsck

quality posts: 6 Private Messages megsck
thurdl01 wrote:Similar shirt exists.

similar posts exists...haha sorry i couldnt resist.

misrymonky

quality posts: 2 Private Messages misrymonky

Love the finished design! GMV

DianaSprinkle

jewelwing wrote:Why isn't this getting more votes? I'd wear it. Or did I just answer my own question there?

I don't know either! This should be getting more votes! Maybe it just got swept under the tidal wave of designs. It's always frustration when that happens. =/

megmander

quality posts: 0 Private Messages megmander
Re: cuttlefish want cuttles

bwaaaaaa!!! Our benevolent cephalopods have never looked more adorable!!! WANT WANT WANT!!!

megsck

Re: I can haz crackers?

oh man...this shirt is great except for the placement. im pretty sure this is out of the printable area, i think you just need to raise it up more and maybe make it slighty smaller. very cute, is it a sloth? i love sloths.

megsck

Re: Yummy

this is great, not sure about the mickey ears or the second pair of glasses, but the rest is muy fantastico! nice job.

DarthElk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DarthElk
Re: SooPeR HapPy ShiNy FuN mAgiC LaNd

I'm voting for this just because it's so over the top. It's a clever parody of cuteness. (Unless, of course, you meant it to be seriously cute, in which case I'm voting for it anyway.)

Paradox55

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Paradox55
Re: mongoose Emo DOOM SQUAD

Killer bunnies done right, perfect coloring

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation

GMV once again! I was ok with the distressing, but I understand some people don't like it. This is still wonderful.

Also, Read or Die = badass. XD

angelfallacy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages angelfallacy
Jae87 wrote:It's eye is black... is this Giraffe possessed by a Demon? I guess I'll just have to call Cas to check ^///^

Oh God, now I want this shirt even more!

JesseBYAH

quality posts: 5 Private Messages JesseBYAH
macedu wrote:Did anyone else notice that the thumbnail for this on the derby page is the moving image version? I've never seen a moving image on the derby page before. Didn't know if that was allowed or whatnot. It definitely drew my attention to it...GMV!

Yeah, Walz does that a lot with his designs the woot overlords haven't gotten upset about it, and a few other artists have tried it before too. SO i think it's allowed =)

Great job, Walmazan. As always ;)

walmazan

Re: Shootin' Stars

Love your characters bassa! full of life and I'm totality endorse this!

+1

Please this need more votes!

JesseBYAH

Re: Short Circuit

Awesome =) I would've loved a different shirt color though. But this still gets my vote!

megsck

Re: Pie Pooter

nice design, and you get extra props for having panda in your name. =)

Manvyi

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Manvyi
Re: Cupboard Love

Candy-coloured cupboards love being well stocked with cute tins. It's time to open up your closets, folks, and parade your pastels on your manly or not-so-manly chests. Show some cupboard love to the saccharin-sweet storage...

JesseBYAH

walmazan wrote:Fresh cake!

nuuude! nuuude! nuuude!

Five colors on olive

HAHA! Love the dancing .gif! And the shirt! Awesome awesome!

sacrerouge

quality posts: 18 Private Messages sacrerouge

If this wins, I'm getting it for my 7 year old cousin. I don't care what his Mom thinks about it...

chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic
Re: Sir Jugglefoot

I did this for the Soccer derby a few weeks back. I thought it was more suitable in the derby, so I re-enter it. I don't know if I am allowed to do this (use the same design for 2 different derbies).

Reject me if you must!

truffleshuffle

quality posts: 4 Private Messages truffleshuffle
Re: Alla dem

Let me know if you think this would look better without text perhaps. Hope you enjoy my moon pandas!

megsck

Re: Sir Jugglefoot

have i seen this before? it looks super familar. or am i just having a crazy moment.

EDIT: ah! just read your post! good im not going crazy, haha.

chumpmagic

Re: Alla dem

I would resub it without the text. The moon and the pandas are a solid design, but the text seems too dull, poisoning the image.

Still awesome though.

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
Re: this happens to you every time with the coffee

Hahaha, awwww, I wish coffee made me cuter. This is really adorable and funny, Jewelwing! I like the realistic kitty's coloring. Great job!

chumpmagic

Re: bad pet

I may have gone a bit too far with this one. It was the first thing that popped in my head when I read this weeks topic. Me thinks it silly.

Karrde86

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Karrde86
Jae87 wrote:Have you ever played the game, "Killer Bunnies"? You should.

I love that game!