+ Add a Comment

kburden

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kburden
Re: Treehuggers - Leafal Giants

everyone wants to hug a tree... even trees want to hug trees... but be careful.. they're leafal.

www.inkstaineddesign.com

goatcane

quality posts: 0 Private Messages goatcane
Re: EAT ME

NOMU!

cat thing

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cat thing
Re: this happens to you every time with the coffee

This reminds me of my house. We have a 16-year-old grumptastic cat, and two 2-year-old cats who still think they are kittens and drive the older cat nuts. She just sits there grumping at them while they try to get her to play. They don't drink coffee though.....

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
Re: Be My Chum

LOL Billy the Insane Cowboy Star is going to rope ur Shark! Or he might ride it, which would be pretty damned epic.

animizegirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages animizegirl
Re: I Canz Join, or Die?

:D i got it. history reference.

megsck

quality posts: 6 Private Messages megsck
Re: YUMMY

YAY! and sold! GMV for sure.

by the way what does the text say?

wizardofkitty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wizardofkitty
Jae87 wrote:Not sure why the Chicken is watering Broccoli, but I like it =^.^=

It's just a cuter version of chinese take out. 8)

scionofjubal

quality posts: 1 Private Messages scionofjubal
Re: I Canz Join, or Die?

very clever. sadly, I don't think anyone will get it.

megsck

bassanimation wrote:LOL Billy the Insane Cowboy Star is going to rope ur Shark! Or he might ride it, which would be pretty damned epic.

i sense a collaberation! it must be done! haha.

ramyb

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ramyb
bellarific wrote:I don't understand the tracking you did with the "Come Closer" type, or the choice of typeface for that matter. I think the hand-rendered type under it works much better with the illustration.

What was your reasoning behind the choices you made for the copy?

I'm not being sarcastic. The obsessive typographer in me is seriously curious.

I originally hand-rendered all the words on the design, but it didn't exactly have the feel I wanted with the design. I wanted it to be very clear and crisp from far away, where you'd see the innocent bunny and the white font, then approach and see the rest of the design, the slight bit of blood on the paws, etc.- My goal was the make the hand-lettered second line match the first, while tying the crisp first line into the design better. I also did the red outline on the white letters by hand so that the feel of the letters would match that of the lineart on the design. Hope that makes some amount of sense.

Also, thanks to everyone who likes the design :D

bassanimation

megsck wrote:i sense a collaberation! it must be done! haha.

Omelets made great...it might be on like Red Dawn....

dmhdb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dmhdb

I LIKE IT!

GreatClips

quality posts: 3 Private Messages GreatClips
Re: Plant Pals!

The Plant Pals! Featuring Elephant Ear and Tiger Lily.

Vote at Goodjoe

bassanimation

Re: Narwhal Cookout!!!

Ahhh this is cute! Also makes me wish I was in front of a nice warm fire...roasting things...heee.

snarkygal

quality posts: 4 Private Messages snarkygal
ramyb wrote:I originally hand-rendered all the words on the design, but it didn't exactly have the feel I wanted with the design. I wanted it to be very clear and crisp from far away, where you'd see the innocent bunny and the white font, then approach and see the rest of the design, the slight bit of blood on the paws, etc.- My goal was the make the hand-lettered second line match the first, while tying the crisp first line into the design better. I also did the red outline on the white letters by hand so that the feel of the letters would match that of the lineart on the design. Hope that makes some amount of sense.

Also, thanks to everyone who likes the design :D

Why don't you address the fact that it is so similar to Fable's shirts and others already printed?

bassanimation

Re: Must... Resist...

Wow, this guy sitting ontop of the hotness is like a beacon for all who love adorable things. It's like a lighthouse of kawaaaiiii-desu-yo!

massaphan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages massaphan
friderspog wrote:This would be cuter on a different color shirt and the fish in the sharks mouth was blue.

Awww. You beat me to it. I agree completely.

ZCSlayer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ZCSlayer

I'm sorry I can't vote for this shirt. You drew the proton size according to an antiquated model :P

http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2010/07/horrendously-intense-laser-shrinks-the-proton/

AcorNayho

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AcorNayho
Re: Inocence

I like your character design. Nice streamlined bear. well done

adennyne

quality posts: 0 Private Messages adennyne
Re: Skyline

LOVE IT!

Lagbert

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lagbert
Re: Say Cheese

A cute little mouse has eaten his way into this cheesy shirt.

If you have a Green Bay Packers cheese head and a pair of yellow pants this shirt can double as a quick and easy Halloween costume.

Hope everyone enjoys it!

6 colors on lemon
halftone white and dark yellow

megsck

snarkygal wrote:Why don't you address the fact that it is so similar to Fable's shirts and others already printed?

its already been discussed before that lots of people have similar ideas. i have seen tons of food with faces before almost identical to the ones here, how bout we address the fact that you seem blind to those but not to this?

Lagbert

Re: Error - Cuteness Overflow

Very clever Spirit! Nice work!

ramyb

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ramyb
ZCSlayer wrote:I'm sorry I can't vote for this shirt. You drew the proton size according to an antiquated model :P

http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2010/07/horrendously-intense-laser-shrinks-the-proton/

Although this is obviously just a diagrammatic representation (compare the electrons to the protons, for instance)- I made sure tomake the protons a decent bit smaller than the neutrons (relatively)- if you carefully measure the two, you'll find they are pretty close to scale, proportional to each other At first glance they look pretty similar, but that kind of small detail was important to me and I took it into account :P

vorteks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vorteks
Re: Must... Resist...

First entry I literally laughed at. GMV.

Lagbert

Re: mongoose Emo DOOM SQUAD

First thing I thought of when I saw this was Pirate Baby Cabana Battle 2006 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5zpNfTfGZU.

Very awesome - your rabbits remind me a bit of Clamp's rabbit thing with the jewel in its fore head - "bah-bah"

GMV

Lagbert

Re: Death By Cuteness

This feels dangerously close to a Mario game reference, but I think you are in the clear.

walmazan

quality posts: 64 Private Messages walmazan
Re: My balloon fish

hahahaha!, excellent like always! I'm a big fan of your work!

Lagbert

Re: Skyline

Brilliant! Cute! Fun! Classic Waz!

GMV!

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

megsck wrote:its already been discussed before that lots of people have similar ideas. i have seen tons of food with faces before almost identical to the ones here, how bout we address the fact that you seem blind to those but not to this?

I agree with those saying this is too similar. Woot as a rule say that they don't like printing the same thing over and over, and this is clearly the same thing. You can pose the bunny in a different way, scatter the bones here instead of there, but you're basically remaking the same shirt with the same concept and very similar style. There's nothing really new here to warrant a pass on woot's own rules I would think. On the other hand, Ramy's other shirt this week is pretty clever and original. I'm hoping that it would get a print over this one.

adennyne

quality posts: 0 Private Messages adennyne
adennyne wrote:LOVE IT!

one small thing though, kinda wish it was only one eye instead of two to give it a more consistent look, since the mouth is in profile view. just a thought. still love it though

walmazan

Re: this happens to you every time with the coffee

hahahaha! awesome entry! love it!

ZCSlayer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ZCSlayer

Sorry should have added *sarcasm off* on my above post. I know it is not supposed to be a TRUE scale model. I was just poking fun at the fact that a scientific article was just published saying the sizer of the proton is ever so slightly smaller than previously believed.

megsck

tgentry wrote:I agree with those saying this is too similar. Woot as a rule say that they don't like printing the same thing over and over, and this is clearly the same thing. You can pose the bunny in a different way, scatter the bones here instead of there, but you're basically remaking the same shirt with the same concept and very similar style. There's nothing really new here to warrant a pass on woot's own rules I would think. On the other hand, Ramy's other shirt this week is pretty clever and original. I'm hoping that it would get a print over this one.

then let woot reject them. no need to demand explanation and harass the artist is my point.

Lagbert

Re: Shootin' Stars

Awesome Job Bass! Is this design left over from the "S" derby? Six shooter, shootin' start, sheriff, slaughters some starts.

walmazan

adennyne wrote:one small thing though, kinda wish it was only one eye instead of two to give it a more consistent look, since the mouth is in profile view. just a thought. still love it though

Thanks adennyne! I try it several times, but at the end I prefer this version as a part of the style,

studio1172

quality posts: 0 Private Messages studio1172
Re: Sugar

This is the most awesome design here! *ahem*mine is cool too*ahem*

Seriously, this deserves the fog and a print.

megsck

Re: Pandoala wants to be friends

i think they should actually start breeding pandas and koalas if they look this adorable =)

Jestik

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik
Re: mongoose Emo DOOM SQUAD

sweet irony if Drakxxx wins the Kawaii!!!!!!!!!! ^_^ Derby...

MadamAtom

quality posts: 7 Private Messages MadamAtom