tortamus

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tortamus

"Cakes Gone Wild"? Pft. That's amateur stuff. I'm more into hardcore. You know, Sprinkles, Icing shots, Brownie on Cupcake action... Nothing's taboo

fftkrazee

quality posts: 3 Private Messages fftkrazee

Congrats! That is the cutest cupcake ever and the "nuuuude" is the best possible caption evarr.

GravityJMB

quality posts: 5 Private Messages GravityJMB

It's my birthday! Someone should buy this for me! ;)

laughlax

quality posts: 1 Private Messages laughlax

"Wear this shirt: Into your local pastry shop staffed by attractive and easily-amused members of whichever gender you’re into. They’re going to like it."

^This makes me almost want to buy this shirt. If only I weren't on a saving spree.

equazcion

quality posts: 65 Private Messages equazcion

Anyone else concerned that there are no air or eye holes in that paper cup?

Have you been eating that sandwich again?

chrisprender

quality posts: 312 Private Messages chrisprender

Wearing a "birthday suit" typically means to be without clothing, i.e. as naked as the day you were born.

But the cupcake was born (baked) *with* the paper wrapping.

So: He just took off his birthday suit, and he's now in his birthday suit.

QED

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba

Add me to the list of pleasantly surprised folks. ;) Congrats Wally, glad to see something non-horrible win!

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

deathteddy

quality posts: 38 Private Messages deathteddy

No one? Really? Fine i'll do it :

The cupcake is a lie.

meekaboo

quality posts: 5 Private Messages meekaboo

Can anyone really blame the cupcake for taking its wrapper off? It cannot possibly breathe with it on...

Normscoffee

quality posts: 23 Private Messages Normscoffee

Fine woot, you win, didn't even make it 30 minutes. In for 1.

endangeredomega

quality posts: 37 Private Messages endangeredomega

Ironically, the people who most love to indulge in cupcakes are usually the LAST ones I want to see get 'Nuuuude!'

briannae

quality posts: 0 Private Messages briannae

Spifferific! I'm so glad this won. The minute I saw it in the derby I wanted one. Props for the win!

keresism

quality posts: 0 Private Messages keresism

I like the cute cupcake, but I wish the shirt were a different color. Olive green paired with something as cute as that? Doesn't work for me, lol.

Aliuquet

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Aliuquet

This is disappointing. The text is the ONLY reason I'm not buying this shirt.

Graphic is AWESOME! But I don't need words to explain to me the joy of the muffin & what's going on. Besides if you were a nude muffin, would you proclaim "Nuuude" or maybe something more fitting like freee, horaaay, or wahooo... or perhaps nothing at all?

As humans, text is the first thing we divert our attention to in art. Images are secondary. Stop giving away the punch line before I get to the joke.

I'm tired of all these shirts with text that spell the funny out for us - to the designer: give yourself some credit, you didn't need the text

CaptainTr1pps

quality posts: 15 Private Messages CaptainTr1pps

I swear I just saw this as a gif on someone's forum avatar earlier today. I was going to steal it. Oh where o where did I see it....it was the EXACT same image with movement, even the "nude" quote was there.

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
Aliuquet wrote:This is disappointing. The text is the ONLY reason I'm not buying this shirt.

Graphic is AWESOME! But I don't need words to explain to me the joy of the muffin & what's going on. Besides if you were a nude muffin, would you proclaim "Nuuude" or maybe something more fitting like freee, horaaay, or wahooo... or perhaps nothing at all?

As humans, text is the first thing we divert our attention to in art. Images are secondary. Stop giving away the punch line before I get to the joke.

I'm tired of all these shirts with text that spell the funny out for us - to the designer: give yourself some credit, you didn't need the text

I usually don't care for text in shirts for precisely the reason you say. However, this shirt isn't like that. The text is not "spelling out" any joke. It's part of the charm. The cupcake exclaiming "nuuuude!" isn't funny as a punchline, but as an extra part of the character. Yes, we can see it's joyful already, but the exclamation adds to it and somehow makes the design seem more alive and less cutesy. It's so utterly fitting and yet unexpected. In short, it's a superb addition to a great design, and makes it even better. It's nothing like most designs with text.

equazcion

quality posts: 65 Private Messages equazcion
Aliuquet wrote:This is disappointing. The text is the ONLY reason I'm not buying this shirt.

I'd agree with you in most cases, but here it's different cause it's kawai. It's supposed to be like an amalgamated semi-child figure cheerfully exclaiming something. Like a comic strip. Although it would still be humorous with no text, it would lack that excessive kawai-cuteness.

Have you been eating that sandwich again?

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

CaptainTr1pps wrote:I swear I just saw this as a gif on someone's forum avatar earlier today. I was going to steal it. Oh where o where did I see it....it was the EXACT same image with movement, even the "nude" quote was there.

Uhh, you mean you saw it in a signature. The ARTIST'S signature. Because unless something has suddenly changed, like, technomagitemporananoliciously, avatars don't GIF around here.
Believe me, I'd be the FIRST to abuse it if they did.

Hengehog

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Hengehog
CaptainTr1pps wrote:I swear I just saw this as a gif on someone's forum avatar earlier today. I was going to steal it. Oh where o where did I see it....it was the EXACT same image with movement, even the "nude" quote was there.

you saw it here:
http://shirt.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=4041306&PageIndex=1&ReplyCount=19#post4041375

chefbooyadee

quality posts: 38 Private Messages chefbooyadee
deadlyblonde wrote:As a nudist AND a baker, I shall wear this proudly.

Then that would make you a hypocrite baker.

CapSea

quality posts: 54 Private Messages CapSea

Holy Cheezits, it won. Congratulations.

CapSea

quality posts: 54 Private Messages CapSea

Little does everyone know that the muffin never wears a bottom and that thing in its hand is a hat.

PixelPants

quality posts: 68 Private Messages PixelPants

Muffins don't get more unhinhibited than that. You have done a great service in increasing the freedoms of baked goods everywhere. Plus they are easier to eat if they take off their own patty pans.

BubuSam

quality posts: 1 Private Messages BubuSam

Congrats dude! It deserves to be champion of kawaii~ hohoho

ressamac

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ressamac

Sweeeeettt!!! Congrats, Walmazan. Well deserved win.

MissBehaving

quality posts: 12 Private Messages MissBehaving

Oh how I love baked goods on t-shirts! Baby, I'm in!

torakamikaze

quality posts: 1 Private Messages torakamikaze

Finally, I'm not the only one who thinks impure thoughts when unwrapping baked goods.

neonbrite

quality posts: 0 Private Messages neonbrite

I have successfully wooted! After being a shirt woot lurker for sometime, nothing's caught my eye until now. This shirt is my first, from all the designs I've seen That's should say enough ;] congrats! keep em coming!!

HANDMADE CANDY JEWELRY + SWEET ACCESORIES! Check out my shop!

ThatPoshGirl

quality posts: 32 Private Messages ThatPoshGirl

cupcake != muffin

walmazan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages walmazan

O M G! I just saw it and I can't believe it! Yea!

Thanks, thanks, thanks Guys! you make me so happy!

virotek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages virotek

awesome shirt! in for 2x

ceejatec

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ceejatec
keresism wrote:I like the cute cupcake, but I wish the shirt were a different color. Olive green paired with something as cute as that? Doesn't work for me, lol.

+1. I'd be so all over this if it were practically any other color. Olive green looks like someone hurled, and that's the last thing I want to think about when looking at naked cupcakes.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
chefbooyadee wrote:Then that would make you a hypocrite baker.

no, it would make him a hypocrite nudist

CrescentDebris

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CrescentDebris

Congrats man! I really like Skyline, so good luck on winning 2 this week.

greydruid

quality posts: 1 Private Messages greydruid

That cupcake looks a LOT younger than 18 years old. Isn't that illegal?

eco2geek

quality posts: 51 Private Messages eco2geek
tortamus wrote:"Cakes Gone Wild"? Pft. That's amateur stuff. I'm more into hardcore. You know, Sprinkles, Icing shots, Brownie on Cupcake action... Nothing's taboo

How do you feel about about BDSM (Butter, Decorations, Sugar, and Maripan)?

We have met the enemy and he is us. -- Pogo

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation

I think I'm going to start a Fresh Cake flash mob troupe at the next con....

Everybody, let's NUUUUUUUUUUUDE!

kataztrophik

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kataztrophik

Teehee

ChefRAZ

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ChefRAZ

walmazan makes good designs sometimes, this isn't one of them.
He don't say a whole lot, but,oh well. it least someone won who was deserving.IMHO

mlshanks

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mlshanks

In the immortal words of Arrowsmith:

...you ain't seen nothin'
'til you're down on a muffin
Then you're sure to be a changin' your ways...