bluejester

quality posts: 560 Private Messages bluejester

I don't think creme is all that bad of a color, it's just that it seems like a more feminine color. I say this because as soon as I got the "Be my dragontine" and the Zelda-esqu shirt with the sword, bomb, fairy in a bottle and the hearts (can't remember the title of it) they looked better on my wife then they did on me.

Just saying.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
endangeredomega wrote:

On a side-note, I've found it fascinating that among members of my generation, there's one question that people can *always* answer, and can be an intriguing reflection on their adult personalities. So Wooters, I put it to you all: Which ninja turtle were YOU, when playing with your three best friends? (Always Raphael, here.)

For a while I identified with raph, later on donatello, but always was bored by leo. I think it says a lot about me, really.

And honest, one last thing on the creme debacle: considering most of what is voted on as far as graphics, it should probably not be any surprise they have such strong and illogical opinions about what blanks are or aren't right for a tee.

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale

I think, of all V&V's tees printed here, I'm mad I missed out on

Sea Wolves

Though, I'm a bit heartbroken I didn't pick up
The Sleeping Giants

But I am very excited I just picked up
Ship to Shore

from DBH.

tennisplayer121

quality posts: 8 Private Messages tennisplayer121

Last Post

tennisplayer121

Last Post

hass0002

quality posts: 2 Private Messages hass0002

Dude, that is just freaky!

tennisplayer121

Last Post

BabyBear

quality posts: 18 Private Messages BabyBear
tennisplayer121 wrote:Always Donatello but I still liked Leonardo's sword.

That's what she tweeted! or something.

ephiny

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ephiny
bassanimation wrote:Hi-five to the rat people!

And also a lo-five for to the art history people!

Heck yeah to both! ::trades high- / lo- fives:: Been a rat owner for almost 15 years now. I am also a rabid art history junkie.

As far as the shirt color goes, I understand why the shirt was printed on cream. Good decision there. It even suits me, pasty woman that I am.

That said, this color shirt is the next best thing to being nekkid because this color is also appalling see-through! This seems to be the only color with this issue, too. I have an entire collection of Woot shirts but cream is my least favorite color for this reason. Please remedy this, Woot, and I will buy more shirts.

ephiny

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ephiny
tennisplayer121 wrote:Yes.

And you will be practically "Nuuuuude!" in this color, shirt or no. It's very transparent. Why is the material so thin in this particular shade?

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 215 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Now the 80s renaissance is getting literal.

Turtles with a slice of meta.

raziel0101

quality posts: 0 Private Messages raziel0101

enough with the cream color already!!!!

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo

Man, out of all the awesome V&V designs that haven't been picked up (to my knowledge) and this is what we get? The artwork is superb, boo to another pop culture reference.

My favorite V&V tee that I own is the old DBH stitched viscera

But congrats Priscilla, may the funding from this shirt allow you to continue to produce great things.

anamatics

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anamatics

I don't mind the color at all, but wow. this is a total rip off of a much older threadless shirt.

walmazan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages walmazan

Congrats Valorandvellum!

Always an awesome work!

skatimmy737

quality posts: 207 Private Messages skatimmy737

Which would make a better shirt? Beebop or Rocksteady?

kipin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kipin

Awesome shirt! In for one!

meh3884

quality posts: 25 Private Messages meh3884

foiled again by the one cream woot tee.

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

octopodes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages octopodes

This is the funniest product description yet. Hooray, Woot!

mcg88

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mcg88

Radical!I want it

pbandito

quality posts: 11 Private Messages pbandito
Entity17 wrote:i didn't get it at first cause Ralph looked like "Jesus"

Heh.... Ralph.

RaveDroid

quality posts: 15 Private Messages RaveDroid
AdderXYU wrote:...Finally, people who complain about creme shirts are fakon. Creme is not only a brilliant base color that uses the neutrality of white while adding some distinctive notes, but it makes 1000% sense on this design, giving it a vintaged look like an old sketchbook might have.

Honestly, if people have a problem with cream-colour shirts it just means they need to actually get out in the sun for once in their lives lol.

bluejester wrote:Although kinda funny, this shirt seems like it will require an explination to about 90% of the population who won't get it.

That's called identifying the 10% of the population who is actually awesome ;)

If you can read this, yourᅠbrowser'sᅠCompatibilityᅠsettings
areᅠconfiguredᅠcorrectly.ᅠᅠツ

barnchick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages barnchick

THREADLESS. Period.

themapman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages themapman

I'd rather have one of April O'Neill

jed1nerd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jed1nerd
chrispgriffin wrote:

Looks about right.

--JN

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg

"It seems The Critic has struck again, using his lack of vision and limited talent to render a judgement beyond his station and ability!”

Wow, seems to me Woot is really smarting lately about some of the critique that goes on around here.

handcheese

quality posts: 0 Private Messages handcheese

For y'all hating on cream, I have an alternative view. I think that a skin tone on your pasty body will not accentuate your paleness, it will simply blend in.

My thought is that all the BLACK shirts in your closet do much more to make your white body look whiter. If you want to appear less pale, avoid highly contrasting colors like black, not ones that approximate your skin tone. There's a reason Goth folks wear so much black (besides a love of the macabre) - it makes them look all the more dead. My two cents.

jatriola

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jatriola
handcheese wrote:For y'all hating on cream, I have an alternative view. I think that a skin tone on your pasty body will not accentuate your paleness, it will simply blend in.

My thought is that all the BLACK shirts in your closet do much more to make your white body look whiter. If you want to appear less pale, avoid highly contrasting colors like black, not ones that approximate your skin tone. There's a reason Goth folks wear so much black (besides a love of the macabre) - it makes them look all the more dead. My two cents.

Agree. Just go out in the sun for a while and quit whining.

And although the Threadless shirt came first, this one is MUCH better. I much prefer the quazi-artsy look to bad comic strip doodling.

xtinaissharp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xtinaissharp

this is amazing. *buys*

j3r3m3

quality posts: 1 Private Messages j3r3m3
jatriola wrote:Agree. Just go out in the sun for a while and quit whining.

And although the Threadless shirt came first, this one is MUCH better. I much prefer the quazi-artsy look to bad comic strip doodling.

Yep, the art on this one is so much better and fitting of the subject matter

mrwednesday

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday
AdderXYU wrote:Edit: Finally, people who complain about creme shirts are fakon. Creme is not only a brilliant base color that uses the neutrality of white while adding some distinctive notes, but it makes 1000% sense on this design, giving it a vintaged look like an old sketchbook might have.

That works on the mock, sort of, but not on the shirt. The actual color is nowhere near as neutral as you'd like it to be and distinctive it is not. Almost nothing contrasts well with cream other than green and dark browns in my experience.

And the "parchment/vintage" look with cream is more overdone than the pop culture reference. Again, the mock sort of looks that way but the shirt color doesn't resembled aging paper of any kind in the slightest.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, there isn't a single shirt on cream that wouldn't be better on another color. Threadless has options and there are much better ones like sand or natural.

I can fully understand the choice because woot doesn't have any other options. I'd prefer white but I don't think that's the best choice either and I don't see this looking good on heather gray.

As an exercise compare your mock at Tilteed to woots. The Tilteed mock is what you want the shirt to look like but it's far too light to actually be representative of the shirt color whereas woot's is much closer to the actual color. What you're showing at Tilteed is closer to natural which is the color that designs like this really need. Cream is just an ugly color whether you are tan pale or otherwise.

robsnead

quality posts: 0 Private Messages robsnead
bassanimation wrote:Awwwuuuhhh, look at the little rattum rattum rattum! Soooo cute! Eeeee!

bass...you are sooooo cute, eeeeeee!

Perilous

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Perilous

What a shame. I'd be SO in for this one if it were only in another colour. Parchment/vellum-coloured or not, cream is a HIDEOUS t-shirt colour.

I really, really wish that Woot shirts would implement buyer's selection with regards to shirt colour. I respect the artists' considerations for shirt colour being part of any given design, but since there are only a limited number of colours available anyway and since the buyer is the one who's going to be actually wearing the shirt, the ability to select a preferred colour when purchasing should be available.

That would incidentally also mean more sales for both Woot and the artist, since folks would be able to buy designs they like that they won't buy now due to shirt colour. It's a win all around.

Must pass on this, but with great regret. This is a fantastic design. Grats to the artist on the print!

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men."

CaptainTr1pps

quality posts: 15 Private Messages CaptainTr1pps
handcheese wrote:For y'all hating on cream, I have an alternative view. I think that a skin tone on your pasty body will not accentuate your paleness, it will simply blend in.

This - as someone with a more chocolatey complexion my favorite color to wear is brown. Not that I fear contrast, I'm also a lot more eager about the white shirts that pop up on here than most others seem to be.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

First, I was a mom when that show was out, so I didn't watch it. My kids did. I didn't understand the joke, until I saw a link.
Second, I hate beige shirts.
Third, nice rat, but he need whiskers.

But it is a rat.
It is Splinter!
I almost have to buy it.
Maybe son will like it.

(click on the blinking mouse to see Splinter. Basil and Gerold are missing from the cheese. I wonder where they went?)

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

grldollies

quality posts: 0 Private Messages grldollies
Entity17 wrote:i didn't get it at first cause Ralph looked like "Jesus"

Yea - That was my first thought! Why would they put a rat standing on the head of Jesus! Then I thought maybe the others were other religious important icons. Why would anyone want to go around with that kind of thing on? Could cause some discord! Well if you are older like me and your children did not watch the turtle guys ya wouldn't have a clue. My daughter was into the Care Bears & the Little Mermaid - I watched the Jetsens when I was little!
I wonder…… you wear that shirt to the store, Granny thinks you are disgracing the son of God (She’s read the bible 10 times) …and she’s not gonna pipe up? Ah hah - Yup & she knows your Grandma.
May have some explain’n to do on this one.

I like the quality of the artwork, the Threadless one was more cartoonish. A shade of Green might have been more turtle like for the shirt color – but ya the clueless still might not get it.

towoottowho

quality posts: 0 Private Messages towoottowho

So - My TMNT knowledge expands including "TMNT." I got it but not the rat - until I read the Wikipedia article. Now I even know about Sais and TMNT personalities. TMI for this shirt --- Born too early. Go Spidey!

valorandvellum

quality posts: 5 Private Messages valorandvellum

Hey guys!

Thanks for all of your comments. Even more thanks to those of you who clicked on the big yellow button.

For those of you who hate the shirt color, at least the design is larger so it sort of covers up a good portion of the tee? :-P

On a side note, I'm super excited for SD Comic-con tomorrow! Anybody going to that?

murraymullet

quality posts: 1 Private Messages murraymullet

Congrats Priscilla! Great shirt!

dyl7x

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dyl7x

Looks nice on creme.

At least it's not royal blue or kelly green. I feel like those are the most over-used shirt.woot colors...

Embrace the creme.