madaradio

quality posts: 1 Private Messages madaradio

great shirt. My first shirt.woot purchase.

thanks

DJ9975

quality posts: 4 Private Messages DJ9975
tortamus wrote:So, do they face-off against evil, twisted hack "artists" like Jackson Pollock, Jasper Johns, and Andy Warhol?

/just got back from NYC
//yeah I spent 2 days at the MET

In my book, Pollock definitely gets to be Shredder.

DJ9975

quality posts: 4 Private Messages DJ9975
venturboy wrote:Man, nine people hating on cream and it hasn't even been an hour yet. What, did cream beat you up and take your lunch money?

They apparently got...wait for it...creamed.

Too obvious? Sorry, couldn't resist.

waitwhatnow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages waitwhatnow
redtokyoboxers wrote:First thing I thought of.

me too!! (or three/etc i dont know how many ppl have replied lol) what i dont understand is how its fair that this gets printed but when someone in the derby makes anything remotely similar to a shirt already in print...it gets rejected.

ChefRAZ

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ChefRAZ
waitwhatnow wrote:me too!! (or three/etc i dont know how many ppl have replied lol) what i dont understand is how its fair that this gets printed but when someone in the derby makes anything remotely similar to a shirt already in print...it gets rejected.

might be the fact that the other one was traced from pictures. and this one was drawn from hand.

Shigwarm

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Shigwarm

I love this! Michelangelo is by far my old time fav.

draigun

quality posts: 22 Private Messages draigun
bassanimation wrote:I wonder if the people who dislike cream colored shirts also dislike being naked.

Uhh.. yeah. I typically dislike being naked in public, which is where I usually wear my t-shirts. And cream blends in with a lot of skin tones, so stop acting like it would only do so for "pasty" people.

DPMStudent2013

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DPMStudent2013
Entity17 wrote:i didn't get it at first cause Ralph looked like "Jesus"

RaLph is my favorite turtle.

How much more awesome could this shirt be? I know I had seen it somewhere before, as I have it as a background on my computer for a while, but could not attribute it to an artist. I once saw a link for the threadless one and was sorely disappointed. It stinks! Who couldn't doodle those on a napkin?? V&V for the win.

what up

msruru

quality posts: 15 Private Messages msruru
grldollies wrote:Yea - That was my first thought! Why would they put a rat standing on the head of Jesus! Then I thought maybe the others were other religious important icons. Why would anyone want to go around with that kind of thing on? Could cause some discord! Well if you are older like me and your children did not watch the turtle guys ya wouldn't have a clue. My daughter was into the Care Bears & the Little Mermaid - I watched the Jetsens when I was little!
I wonder…… you wear that shirt to the store, Granny thinks you are disgracing the son of God (She’s read the bible 10 times) …and she’s not gonna pipe up? Ah hah - Yup & she knows your Grandma.
May have some explain’n to do on this one.

I like the quality of the artwork, the Threadless one was more cartoonish. A shade of Green might have been more turtle like for the shirt color – but ya the clueless still might not get it.

Do you really think Jesus looked like that?

megsck

quality posts: 6 Private Messages megsck
waitwhatnow wrote:me too!! (or three/etc i dont know how many ppl have replied lol) what i dont understand is how its fair that this gets printed but when someone in the derby makes anything remotely similar to a shirt already in print...it gets rejected.

because thats the derby and the voters pick the winning shirt so it has rules. dailies are just picked by woot, so they can print whatever they want.

profbrendan

quality posts: 7 Private Messages profbrendan
Perilous wrote:
I really, really wish that Woot shirts would implement buyer's selection with regards to shirt colour. I respect the artists' considerations for shirt colour being part of any given design, but since there are only a limited number of colours available anyway and since the buyer is the one who's going to be actually wearing the shirt, the ability to select a preferred colour when purchasing should be available.

That would incidentally also mean more sales for both Woot and the artist, since folks would be able to buy designs they like that they won't buy now due to shirt colour. It's a win all around.

Must pass on this, but with great regret. This is a fantastic design. Grats to the artist on the print!

Unfortunately, the problem with this is that many artists incorporate the shirt color in their designs. Say for example I design a red shirt with fire on it, and the design allows for the red fabric to be a part of the artwork. Well, if someone were to switch the shirt color to blue or green, the whole design gets messed up.

Buonvino

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Buonvino

I'm unsure whether I can get past one issue with this design to make the purchase. What the hell is up with Michelangelo's cheekbone area? It looks like two of Krang's tentacle/flipper arms are comprising it. Brilliantly done otherwise, but that cheekbone is just freaking me out.

megsck

grldollies wrote:Yea - That was my first thought! Why would they put a rat standing on the head of Jesus! Then I thought maybe the others were other religious important icons. Why would anyone want to go around with that kind of thing on? Could cause some discord! Well if you are older like me and your children did not watch the turtle guys ya wouldn't have a clue. My daughter was into the Care Bears & the Little Mermaid - I watched the Jetsens when I was little!
I wonder…… you wear that shirt to the store, Granny thinks you are disgracing the son of God (She’s read the bible 10 times) …and she’s not gonna pipe up? Ah hah - Yup & she knows your Grandma.
May have some explain’n to do on this one.

I like the quality of the artwork, the Threadless one was more cartoonish. A shade of Green might have been more turtle like for the shirt color – but ya the clueless still might not get it.

i would just tell granny to put her glasses on, this is obviously raphael, not jesus. =) more people should consider that jesus wasnt the only man to rock the long hair with a beard combo.

megsck

Entity17 wrote:i didn't get it at first cause Ralph looked like "Jesus"

who's ralph? ;)

arparham

quality posts: 0 Private Messages arparham

Love it!!! But... why does it look so familiar.

tself87

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tself87
bluelin3r wrote:Me too. I have the Threadless version, I like it better.

Yep, this is straight up copyright infringement my friends. Plain and simple. Woot should be ashamed for not catching this.

divellent

quality posts: 0 Private Messages divellent

I'm not saying this shirt is a complete rip off, but this other one a) has been on sale for at least three years (maybe more, I'm just basing it on when I got mine) and is b) better (at least in my opinion)

http://www.threadless.com/product/287/Heroes_In_An_Art_Shell

Any further info on which one ripped of the other?

TheMayor00

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TheMayor00

This is exactly like a shirt over on Threadless: "Heroes in an art shell" http://www.threadless.com/product/287/Heroes_In_An_Art_Shell

However, I like the addition of the rat.

pbandito

quality posts: 11 Private Messages pbandito

Hi I thought I'd post about this *other* similarly-conceived design on some *other* site that surely nobody here has seen yet, since it's already mid-afternoon and all. I didn't even need to read the comments to know that nobody here had thought of it already, 'cause I'm that good. Bam. Also, my opinion rocks.

squarerootofpi

quality posts: 8 Private Messages squarerootofpi
smithsonia wrote:okay, that's a fantastic design. in for one.

/a little too old to be a TMNT fan in the heyday (32) but still love this design/

Do you mean you were 32 back in 1987 or are 32 now?

Because if you mean the latter, 8 year old me of 1987 sitting in front of the television set with her Raphael turtle shell cereal bowl filled to the brim with TMNT cereal anxiously awaiting this Saturday's episode is a little sad to think she is too old to be a fan.

Heck, 30 year old me of today is a little sad to think she is too old to be a fan.

And even if you were 32 back in 1987, you weren't too old to be a fan. TMNT awesomeness surpasses any age barrier.

JBrach820

quality posts: 5 Private Messages JBrach820

My only qualm with this shirt is that typically Raphael wasn't known to be one for facial hair (as is evidenced by the most famous portrait of him, the one he made of himself). Other than that, this shirt is nicely drawn and full of TURTLE POWER!

smilingjack

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smilingjack
dontwantaname wrote:First, I was a mom when that show was out, so I didn't watch it. My kids did. I didn't understand the joke, until I saw a link.
Second, I hate beige shirts.
Third, nice rat, but he need whiskers.

But it is a rat.
It is Splinter!
I almost have to buy it.
Maybe son will like it.

(click on the blinking mouse to see Splinter. Basil and Gerold are missing from the cheese. I wonder where they went?)

Me again. Gotta get this account up to a purple box.
Well, finally found Son and showed this shirt to him.
He knew exactly what it was and said it was a spectacular shirt.
He was the original owner of Splinter. He named him. Then he took off for college and I inherited him.

So, I got one.
Son hasn't said a shirt was spectacular in awhile.

I hope it gets here before he leaves for grad school.

Dear artist, that is a really good rat, you got the paws perfect. That is what most people screw up. Please put the whiskers on the next one you draw!

RNW927

quality posts: 5 Private Messages RNW927
Diuy wrote:To everyone complaining about cream: I full-heartedly agree with each and every one of you. There have been so many fantastic designs placed on the worst color ever.

I really don't see the problem with the cream color. You know what they say, "the cream always rises to the top."

Fanglekai

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Fanglekai

I would have preferred turtle green.

http://www.amazon.com/Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-T-shirt/dp/B002XGOZXM

Koops12

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Koops12

KOWABUNGA!! I'm in for one!

emeraldchickpea

quality posts: 1 Private Messages emeraldchickpea
ephiny wrote:And you will be practically "Nuuuuude!" in this color, shirt or no. It's very transparent. Why is the material so thin in this particular shade?

I got the turtle shirt from the psycadelic derby and it was cream and not flimsy/thin at all.

emeraldchickpea

Looks like sellout is nigh...that gold oval is bouncing!

emeraldchickpea

ephiny wrote:And you will be practically "Nuuuuude!" in this color, shirt or no. It's very transparent. Why is the material so thin in this particular shade?

I got the turtle shirt from the psycadelic derby and it was cream and not flimsy/thin at all.

alfbo

quality posts: 12 Private Messages alfbo

It's been bouncing for a while.

Paging Goldenthorn!

Imposter Pete was Unprepared for the Almost Human Nightmare Cuckoo Clock. The Walrus and Eggmen were the Height of Envy at the Monkey Bar. See the DJ spinning records on a Flora Phonograph while simultaneously playing Rock, Paper, Scissorhold.

emeraldchickpea

Perilous wrote:What a shame. I'd be SO in for this one if it were only in another colour. Parchment/vellum-coloured or not, cream is a HIDEOUS t-shirt colour.

I really, really wish that Woot shirts would implement buyer's selection with regards to shirt colour. I respect the artists' considerations for shirt colour being part of any given design, but since there are only a limited number of colours available anyway and since the buyer is the one who's going to be actually wearing the shirt, the ability to select a preferred colour when purchasing should be available.

That would incidentally also mean more sales for both Woot and the artist, since folks would be able to buy designs they like that they won't buy now due to shirt colour. It's a win all around.

Obviously not all designs would work on all the shirt colors Woot has.

Here's a thought, though: have Woot decide if an alternate color or colors WOULD work...and offer them at a higher price.

Such as "as designed, shirt is color X. If you prefer Y or Z color, add $ ".

Thoughts?

emeraldchickpea

divellent wrote:I'm not saying this shirt is a complete rip off, but this other one a) has been on sale for at least three years (maybe more, I'm just basing it on when I got mine) and is b) better (at least in my opinion)

http://www.threadless.com/product/287/Heroes_In_An_Art_Shell

Any further info on which one ripped of the other?

That shirt is TERRIBLE! Whereas Today's Woot shirt is definitely classic(al). The art is timeless, not buffoonish!

Rock on, Woot!!!

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

Given that the artist has been very active at Threadless before and probably has seen the one over there, I can't help but ask: why? I'll just assume they didn't see the Threadless version, it'll help me sleep better.

CapSea

quality posts: 54 Private Messages CapSea

Wow. A sellout pending?

the88thcrazy

quality posts: 10 Private Messages the88thcrazy

Fantastic. i just ruined my favorite cream colored woot t-shirt a few weeks ago, so this works out well ( http://shirt.woot.com/friends.aspx?k=12160 )

Well, i guess that one is technically lemon, but still, cream and lemon are waaaaaay better than white, i do not understand the hate.

polomex

quality posts: 0 Private Messages polomex
bassanimation wrote:I wonder if the people who dislike cream colored shirts also dislike being naked.

Um, I'm not cream-colored when I'm naked, thankyouverymuch.

polomex

quality posts: 0 Private Messages polomex
vladistov wrote:It needed to be done on cream to suit the archaic style of the art-work that lends itself so well to the irony . . . the concept would be both lacking and wasted otherwise.

I thought about that. But while that makes it an excellent "portrait," I just find it not to be a wearable color. In that regard, I think white would have been just fine.

emeraldchickpea

the88thcrazy wrote:Fantastic. i just ruined my favorite cream colored woot t-shirt a few weeks ago, so this works out well ( http://shirt.woot.com/friends.aspx?k=12160 )

Well, i guess that one is technically lemon, but still, cream and lemon are waaaaaay better than white, i do not understand the hate.

I agree. White shirts remind me of the cheep souveeneer ones you get when you go someplace on a tight budget, or plain underwear ones.

CajunsCanCook

quality posts: 1 Private Messages CajunsCanCook

Yesssss! I love it! I just used the Woot Birthday coupon code to buy it as well! Perfect for me, the poor college student! Now lets see how many of my friends get the joke :P

emeraldchickpea

They don't like TMNT in Hawaii? Why forever NOT? Looks like it's the only black state.

Mayday408

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Mayday408

Why Cream why!

Anything but that!