antigrapist

quality posts: 0 Private Messages antigrapist
Re: Reinterpreting Don Quixote by Picasso

It reminds me of this xkcd strip:
http://xkcd.com/556/

meh3884

quality posts: 25 Private Messages meh3884
Re: The Physical Impossibility of Death...

that is excellent.

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

marzipanapple

quality posts: 7 Private Messages marzipanapple
Re: The Phantom Landscape by Magritte

Leave it to you to hit me in two of my biggest weak spots. Papercutting and storybooks. Excellent. <3

imsochady

quality posts: 30 Private Messages imsochady
kylemittskus wrote:You don't see why some of us have a problem with this shirt coming so closely on the heels of another daily (that sold out) that is strikingly in the same vein? I am not saying that you stole the idea at all. I don't know if you did. But at the very least, you must admit that there are striking similarities and you unfortunately have a poorly timed submission.

Will you please list the 'striking' similarities and the differences between the "daily" you speak of and mine?

marzipanapple

quality posts: 7 Private Messages marzipanapple
Re: The Persistence of Memory

Beautiful and serene. Not to mention an excellent concept.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 225 Private Messages Spiritgreen

-Love- the effect of the parallax layers of paper. The way you've used your palette is especially clever, tgentry.

:^) +1

animatedbox

quality posts: 2 Private Messages animatedbox
Re: The Discovery of fire

You guys are complaining because phoenix shirts keep coming back around?

That seems almost.... ironic?

Whatevs. GMV

animatedbox

quality posts: 2 Private Messages animatedbox
Re: The Burning Giraffe

At first I thought this shirt was just too bizarre. But after viewing it multiple times it's gotten stuck in my head like a bad Nickleback song (so any Nickleback song?). I've decided I must have it. GMV

capedcrusader514

quality posts: 1 Private Messages capedcrusader514

awesome.

loaba

quality posts: 31 Private Messages loaba
Re: We Can Do It! (Rosie the Riveter)

I'd buy if you reissue it!

parrotworks

quality posts: 16 Private Messages parrotworks
Re: The Persistence of Memory

Enjoy your weekend!

loaba

quality posts: 31 Private Messages loaba
Re: The Shhhhhh

Here's another good one that needs to be reissued as a classic!

rivalman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rivalman
Re: Inspired by The Great Wave

AWESOME! must have

raymecake

quality posts: 0 Private Messages raymecake
Re: The Physical Impossibility of Death...

I'm not a big fan of that installation, but this shirt is awesome.

Magiciandude

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Magiciandude
Re: The Scream!

This is absolutely hilarious! WIN!

052hagen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 052hagen
Re: The Burning Giraffe

*crossing fingers* mI must have this, I must have this, please make it to the print!

odysseyroc

quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc
Drakxxx wrote:Looking great man. I'd definitely love to get this shirt. It reminds me of this recent low budget film classic:

Zombies getting caught up in camel clutches, full nelsons, and shining wizards!

I really need to see that movie

kylemittskus

quality posts: 233 Private Messages kylemittskus
imsochady wrote:Will you please list the 'striking' similarities and the differences between the "daily" you speak of and mine?

Both play on the fact that the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles were named after famous artists. Both use the turtles' headband in the colors of the turtle that whose name matches the eponymous artist. Those two things seem pretty striking to me. Again, I'm not saying you stole the idea, although you might have; I'm saying it's poor timing. And it's your job to list the differences in defense of yourself. Are the shirts the same? No. Do they play on the exact same idea in the exact same way? Yes.

And aside from all of that, this shirt is off-theme. You didn't reinterpret "David"; you drew "David" and made a parody of it by making the aforementioned joke.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

052hagen

Re: The Discovery of fire

Looks like animals on fire (yes I know this is the phoenix) is the in-theme this derby. I love it!

052hagen

Re: Flower Carrier

Yet another awesome design in this derby. Vote +1

Btw, the design reminds me of this robot fellow here
http://www.leagueoflegends-wiki.com/_/rsrc/1255248347089/lol/champions/blitzcrank---the-great-steam-golem/blitzcrank---the-steam-golem/Blitzcrank_-_Render.jpg

052hagen

fitzy333 wrote:BRILLIANT!!!!

I don't get it, explain!

052hagen

Re: Music - The Great Wave

for what it's worth I like this one better

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 225 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: Reinterpreting Don Quixote by Picasso

I really like the concept toby, as I posted before - but I was just looking at the original and it struck me that many parts of this design are very literally copied from Picasso's painting. The sun and the whole of Don Quixote, are either traced or cut and pasted into this design. They're an exact copy, except for Quixote's head being rotated a little.

I'm not posting this to stir up trouble or be insulting, but Woot can't print this as it is. You might want to consider resubbing with a more personal take on this idea?

052hagen

Re: Your Body is a Battleground (Barbara Kruger)

aside from the square box format, awesome.

PixelPants

quality posts: 70 Private Messages PixelPants

Subtle design touches and a color scheme that draws you through the window of the book's story. Well done tgentry, this really sums up a particularly voracious reader in our household.

denniey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages denniey

I really like this shirt, but three different similar designs are available on cafe press already.

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
Re: Starry Knight

He needs a weapon, not much of a Knight without his sword!

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost
Re: Burning Giraffes in Brown by Dali

I've come to the conclusion that Dali must have really not liked Giraffes. Also if you own a Giraff, keep it away from all open flame as they are apparently highly flameable.

Collab with Bass

apeman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages apeman
Re: Van Gogh Sunflowers

My first shirt drawn with a tablet.... The sun is a flower! vote if you enjoy, thanks for looking.

mrsruvi

quality posts: 7 Private Messages mrsruvi
capitalsown wrote:Yeah, I don't dispute that, and I will also say I like the shirt. However, the derby clearly asks for interpretations of actual art titles. I can't pretend like the Mona Lisa is actually called "No Eyebrows Lady" and then submit a shirt featuring tons of women with no eyebrows. Even though the subject of the painting is a woman with no eyebrows, or in this case, dogs playing poker, I can't submit my interpretation of the painting based on the subject. I have to do it based on the title. Knowing the title is "A friend in need", this interpretation of the title makes absolutely no sense.

more horrifically, people are doing "persistence of memory" and just putting the clocks somewhere weird. not a play on the title either. and one guy has it titled "melting clocks" and thats just....ugh.

PixelPants

quality posts: 70 Private Messages PixelPants
Re: Burning Giraffes in Brown by Dali

Tall, elegant, combustible...exactly what I think when I see giraffe's. Your collaboration injects an appealing balance of humour and horror to the derby.

csellke

quality posts: 0 Private Messages csellke
Re: Michelangelo's David

I think its a cute shirt (i especially love the little turtle at the bottom) but i do agree it has came out really close timing to that other shirt. That was actually the first thing i thought when i saw the thumbnail, thus why i clicked on it. But i do love the little turtle!!

specsmachine

quality posts: 31 Private Messages specsmachine
Re: Great Wave off Kanagawa

GAMARA!!! +1

zenith1047

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zenith1047
Re: The Scream

I want this very much. You have my vote.

Pretending to be human since 1913

whovian42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages whovian42
Re: Starry Knight

ooh, i like... that is one of my favorite pieces ever...
and i love how this kind of - keeps the style of it with the hatch lines or whatever you would call it...

doctorragnarok

quality posts: 0 Private Messages doctorragnarok
Re: Great Wave off Kanagawa

For a better preview image, please click here

whovian42

Re: White Square on a White Field

this seems more like art than the actual ... i dont really understand certain - minimalist? or whatever you call just a bunch of stripes with different colors...anyone can throw some stripes together...

whovian42

Re: The Scream!

i like this one all .. the original is one of my favorites..

this shirt - uses like, the same colors and general sweeping/swirly line style, with the original guy and killer dude from the movies :P

+1

lorax1187

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lorax1187

I love this one! I studied Duchamp's Fountain in art history class and I can see the influence from the original work. Vote for this shirt, I really want one.

whovian42

Re: Starry Night

very nice - keeping the swirly impresionist style with a modern them ... well don