spookynutz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spookynutz
Re: Sailing the Catboat by Winslow Homer

SWEET... you nailed the theme AND it's an insanely cute design, on a color that I personally love. Joel Veitch would buy this shirt in a hot second, I'll bet. :D You get <3 and if this doesn't print, I will weep for what humanity has lost.

gwyn779

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gwyn779
suzer22 wrote:Although the art on the small t-shirt looks kind of hinky, the design and colors are beautiful! I really like this artistic style - so clean and evocative of movement! GMV!

Yeah, shrinking it down did make it look hinky, admittedly was a little tired of fiddling and my 2 yr old son was climbing all over me ever more insistently.

suzer22

quality posts: 2 Private Messages suzer22
e3m3m3i wrote:Personally, I am digging the dog.

The footprints (and puppy prints) are a genius detail! Excellent design!

jomichar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jomichar
genjurosan wrote:Striking, but not unfortunately I fail to see the reinterpretation of the original.

Thanks. But reread the derby description. Entries are not supposed to be a reinterpretation of the original art - just the title.

anjulka

quality posts: 5 Private Messages anjulka
Re: Starry Night

Does the binary actually encode a word?
If not, I think that's the only thing I really don't like about this design.

thatrobert

quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert
lucky1988 wrote:Cheers walmazan!

edit: special thanks to thatrobert. I saw his suggestion in the blogs.

Awesome! I'm glad somebody was able to use that title. Fun design!

lucky1988

quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988
Re: Sailing the Catboat by Winslow Homer

thanks everyone!

@MadamAtom-Ha, I never saw that animation before, it's hilarious. I also never knew that the "Immigrant Song" by Led Zepplin was about vikings.

@spookynutz- Cheers! Now I know who Joel Veitch is. His work is funny and excellent.
I didn't know he was the creator of this wacky Quizno's commercial.

@thatrobert-thanks for posting the idea and title.

Beefcoat

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Beefcoat
Re: Napoleon Crossing (on a) St Bernard

Thanks everyone for all of your nice comments. I feel like this design brought me to the next step in coloring.

I must also say that we are officially stumped when it comes to what will fly here on woot.

Thanks again

lucky1988

Re: Arroz Con Pollo resub

Still loving it. Great colors and retro feel. +1

lucky1988

Re: The Umbrellas

Fantastic color combo. Love how the colors flow into the storm drain.

DJODonohue

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DJODonohue
MadamAtom wrote:Link to original art whose title this is, please? I can't find it.

And yeah, I'd expect a rejection for this even if it does turn out to be on topic.

what do you mean link to original art?

the cake is a lie

imsochady

quality posts: 24 Private Messages imsochady
kylemittskus wrote:So your defense is that you have no defense?

This is what's gonna happen: I say my arguments, then you say yours, then I say mine again maybe reiterating on some points, and you do the same, then other people say theirs, and then i say mine again. It's a never ending loop that wastes time and comment space. Just look how long it took you to realize that mine and the "daily" are two different shirts. Unless you have the power to conclude this matter, i.e. reject my entry, then once again I say, it's pointless to argue on/off topicness.

imsochady

quality posts: 24 Private Messages imsochady
Re: The Discus Thrower

Hahahaha, this is brilliant!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

kylemittskus wrote:So your defense is that you have no defense?

I think you've made your point. Time to move on.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

thatrobert

djskellington

quality posts: 0 Private Messages djskellington
specsmachine wrote:You are totally right, Spiritgreen. I freakin' LOVE this shirt but my conscience made me take my vote back because its almost a carbon copy. I would absolutely buy it in a store but I can't support it in a creative competition.

I have to agree here. I love the design, but after reconsidering, I'm taking my vote back.

subtlenife

quality posts: 1 Private Messages subtlenife
Re: The Treachery of Images

You verb tense is wrong.

parrotworks

quality posts: 16 Private Messages parrotworks
walmazan wrote:hahahaha! so clever and cool!
Well done!

Thanks Walmazan. Looked like this one had legs for a bit last night before some other entries grabbed the spotlight. Guess we'll just...er wait..to see if you print.

gwyn779

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gwyn779
gwyn779 wrote:Yeah, shrinking it down did make it look hinky, admittedly was a little tired of fiddling and my 2 yr old son was climbing all over me ever more insistently.

Here's another pic of shirt placement...

killerdio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages killerdio

This is great. I'm not a big fan of baby blue Ts, but I might have to make an exception for this.

cmdixon2

quality posts: 21 Private Messages cmdixon2
Re: The Umbrellas

Thanks everyone for the great response so far. I was starting to think I'd never get this one done, so I'm glad it's being enjoyed. Makes it worth it.

I actually started this design on light blue, then switched to heather grey, and then somehow ended up on asphalt at the last second. I tried not to use it, but the colors just worked so well against it and it made the whole design cleaner looking. Sorry to those adverse to that color, but I had to go with what fit the design the best. If Woot offered silver as a color choice that's what I would have picked.

Thanks again for the support and the votes everyone!

topfrog56

quality posts: 0 Private Messages topfrog56
yankeebird wrote:Hate to tell you, but you have 7 colors: red, yellow, blue, grey, black, white, and tan. It looks like your red is different than the shirt color - is it?

Well, it is supposed to be the red of the shirt - I must have sent the uncorrected version for the detail.... the print-ready files, etc. are all corrected, not that I am a contender. Thanks for pointing that out - we'll see if I have to re-post.

topfrog56

quality posts: 0 Private Messages topfrog56
blanked wrote:Posit is a word, I don't know about its placement tho, would make it a view of the upper left quad of the board I guess

To my Scrabble people - well, I used a bit of artistic license in order to use the words I wanted! I'm not sure but I might have used a letter too many times, too. The score is a total (no bonuses on this board,,,) and poor Seurat has been so upset that he has passed on every turn! All in good fun.

doctorragnarok

quality posts: 0 Private Messages doctorragnarok
odysseyroc wrote:I love this. I think maybe, just maybe if you had the robot in your thumbnail image, this would be doing even better.

Thanks! You're probably right, the internet sure does love robots.

BootsBoots

quality posts: 37 Private Messages BootsBoots
Re: Man Holding Up a Baby as Though He Were...

"Man Holding Up a Baby as Though He Were Drinking from a Bottle" --Salvador Dali

defenestration

quality posts: 0 Private Messages defenestration
astyrfan wrote:I agree with this, and will be doing the same. I was really pleased with this design, but Spiritgreen is right -- we're probably as pleased as we are because Picasso did it...

Sorry dude. Everything looks traced... down to the sun =(

This coming from someone using a copyrighted image in your piece? If toby did this using anything other than the original, than it would not have the same effect. Enough changes was made to the painting to make it a parody of the original. And as much as those like Adder wish it wasn't, this is not an art contest, it's a tshirt contest. And this is a VERY clever tshirt.

benbell2010

quality posts: 0 Private Messages benbell2010
KromeHWI wrote:not sure i completely get it, but very nice use of imagery!

i like it!

ps. the only real question i have is why is the seahorse breathing out bubbles?

The hippocampus (a section of your brain partly responsible for long term memory) was named by Julius Caesar Aranzi b/c it looks like a seahorse. The name itself (hippocampus) means that in Latin. Some neuroscience trivia for ya ;)

thatrobert

Re: Washington Crossing the Delaware

Might be a bit PNW specific for many of you, but you're going to have to learn this is the coolest (or at least dampest) place around...

BootsBoots

Re: The Young Beggar

Nice style.

odysseyroc

quality posts: 32 Private Messages odysseyroc
Re: Man Holding Up a Baby as Though He Were...

Somebody needs to invent a new word for how epic this is. This is my favorite of the designs you've done.

edit: I think if fig 1 showed him feeding the baby, 2 showed him throwing out and empty bottle and 3 was the same as it is now, it would be the best shirt ever created.

lucky1988

Re: Washington Crossing the Delaware

Ha, cute design! Love Washington's plaid pattern too.

lucky1988

Re: The Burning Giraffe

Awesome stuff. His ancestor could be this legendary mythical giant.

BootsBoots

odysseyroc wrote:Somebody needs to invent a new word for how epic this is. This is my favorite of the designs you've done.

edit: I think if fig 1 showed him feeding the baby, 2 showed him throwing out and empty bottle and 3 was the same as it is now, it would be the best shirt ever created.

Lol! That's even better! I promise that when this design tanks here, I will redo and resub somewhere else with your awesome suggestion.

BootsBoots

Re: Arroz Con Pollo resub

I love Basquiat. And your design totally does him justice.

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
Re: Still Life with Dish of Fruit

Based on a painting by Balthasar van der Ast. Or still life paintings in general.

:P

lucky1988

Re: The Discus Thrower

@mjc613- I believe its a "petrified" strawberry glazed with sprinkles.

@imsochady-Thanks!

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
Re: Les éléphants de Dali

based on an even weirder painting than the sketch I drew. Someone I know has tattoos of the two elephants de Dali in the original painting.

walmazan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages walmazan
Re: Still Life with Dish of Fruit

What can I said! I love it so much!

+1 for you!

tabaddon

quality posts: 9 Private Messages tabaddon
Re: Michelangelo's David

CAFM. Any minute now, I expect someone to start claiming that printing anything on any shirt is a tired concept that has been done to death.

It GMV as there can never be too many good and different TMNJ interpretations, and I've never seen any version of this before, no matter what excuse to complain anyone may invent.

Be quicker of mind than of tongue.
Opinions are not advice, nor directives.
The world is not limited by your limited experience.
I'm not better than anyone else, and neither are you.

tabaddon

quality posts: 9 Private Messages tabaddon
Re: Flower Carrier

I really like this. It's one that stands on its own if you don't know the title/theme or don't want to have to explain it.

Be quicker of mind than of tongue.
Opinions are not advice, nor directives.
The world is not limited by your limited experience.
I'm not better than anyone else, and neither are you.