parrotworks

quality posts: 16 Private Messages parrotworks
bassanimation wrote:This is hilarious..and very Wooty! I'm surprised it's not up higher! Great take on Dali!

Thanks Bass. It's appreciated. Don't think it would have ever seen ink but I did think it had a good shot for the fog. Not worth running around like I'm on fire. LOL

parkerread

quality posts: 0 Private Messages parkerread
Re: The Umbrellas

Holy crap, please print.....

iloveschocobos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iloveschocobos
yankeebird wrote:More than 6 colors and no comp showing placement.

I wrote the placement in the description paragraph when I submitted my files because I didn't like how small it appeared it on last derby entry. I haven't got the hang of that just yet.
And there are eight colors. Oops.

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Three Musicians

It's kinda late, but I had the urge to finish this design anyway!

Based on
Three Musicians
Pablo Picasso.

Starring 2 singers and a drummer:

Thanks for looking!

stoocat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stoocat
Re: We Can Do It! (Rosie the Riveter)

Think it would be better on navy blue t-shirt with colors matching the original propaganda's colors, but I like the idea a lot.

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: The Tree of Life
JesseBYAH wrote:Awww cute! Love this =)

YAY a comment! I don't think I've ever had a design before with almost a hundred votes and zero comments, lol. Strangeness!
Thanks Jessebyah!=)

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
imsochady wrote:The flames look AMAZING!!! Great job!

Aren't they fantastic? I want to warm myself upon their greatness. TJost's color work is the shizzle mcbizzle!

Kelsium

quality posts: 27 Private Messages Kelsium
Re: The Thinker

I see the cupcake face (from Fresh Cake) when I look at this one. They must be cousins.

Love it!! +1

jebalaya

quality posts: 8 Private Messages jebalaya
Re: Inspired by The Great Wave

i saw this one on your website a while back. im glad you used it here. and i need a good blue shirt, too, so gets my vote. nice work.

mab299108

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mab299108
Re: Inspired By~A Women With A Head Of Rose~1935

I am glad you included the high res, you just can't appreciate the detail at 640X640. Very nicely executed, and such soothing colors.

VOTE

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
parrotworks wrote:Thanks Bass. It's appreciated. Don't think it would have ever seen ink but I did think it had a good shot for the fog. Not worth running around like I'm on fire. LOL

But, if you did run around on fire, you might be able to shoot into the Hotness...Baaahhhhhhhh!!!

Kelsium

Re: Inspired by The Great Wave

<-----*waves back*

aXio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aXio

I'm really enjoying this =)

jenming

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jenming

all of the aforementioned similar shirts seem to be "homages" (hopefully) to matt dixon, anyway:

http://mattdixon.co.uk/g42.htm

http://mattdixon.co.uk/g45.htm

Good Good Good is Azdak, and the measure that he metes.

Kelsium

Re: The Persistence of Memory

I feel so peaceful after looking at this. It is great. I love all the anatomy T-shirts.

+1

jebalaya

quality posts: 8 Private Messages jebalaya
Re: This is not a pipe_Ceci n'est pas une pipe

Omelets made great, this needs more votes. i would wear this in a heartbeat. great design!

Kelsium

Re: Separation of Light from Darkness

Reminds me of Iron Man's chest. And I just finished watching the first one so thats prob why.

Abyway, awesome! GMV

Kelsium

Re: The Scream

Wear this shirt while screaming....

I like the yellow. +1

Kelsium

Re: Starry Night

AAAWwwwwww.... GMV

Kelsium

Re: The Last Supper

I love all the characters faces, priceless. Thanks for the smile. GMV!

lonelypond

quality posts: 421 Private Messages lonelypond

lonelypond

lonelypond

lonelypond

bookworm656

quality posts: 4 Private Messages bookworm656
Re: Carnation, Lily, Lily, Rose

Wow. This is beautiful. I generally don't buy white shirts, but I kind of want this one.

Woot: I'm in it for the monkeys.

jigglytofu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jigglytofu
Re: The Treachery of Images

i love it! but i wish you had better handwriting

lonelypond

Re: The Umbrellas

A lovely swirl of colors.

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
cmdixon2 wrote:Thanks everyone for the great response so far. I was starting to think I'd never get this one done, so I'm glad it's being enjoyed. Makes it worth it.

I actually started this design on light blue, then switched to heather grey, and then somehow ended up on asphalt at the last second. I tried not to use it, but the colors just worked so well against it and it made the whole design cleaner looking. Sorry to those adverse to that color, but I had to go with what fit the design the best. If Woot offered silver as a color choice that's what I would have picked.

Thanks again for the support and the votes everyone!

I think I'd like it on white the best. I'm in for one if it prints - it's been a long time since I purchased a new shirt for myself.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

ekhozindar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ekhozindar
Kelsium wrote:Wear this shirt while screaming....

I like the yellow. +1

best one in the derby, gmv.

bookworm656

Re: Hi, I'm a Mac

This is pretty much guaranteed to get rejected since it has the Apple logo. (Apple likes suing people.)

bookworm656

Re: Sky and Water

Ha! Nice! Not something I'd wear, but I like it! Art needs more random dinosaurs.

bookworm656

Re: Washington Crossing the Delaware

*headpalm*

Lagbert

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lagbert
Re: Washington Crossing the Delaware

Nice call on the flannel. Poor West Virgina appears to have been crushed under foot though : (

Lagbert

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lagbert
hardrockinmofo wrote:Being that I live in Delaware, I find this shirt to be friggin' hilarious!

Thanks! It's good to know at least one person from Delaware won't be trying to hunt me down for portraying their state as a vampire.

lindal33 wrote:Hahahahahaha... this one made me laugh!

Nice.

Thanks! I'm glad to hear you got a laugh out of it. I came up with several different interpretations of this title and this is the one I found the silliest.

bookworm656 wrote:*headpalm*

Woo Whoo! Mission accomplished!

Thanks to everyone for voting for this design. Special thanks to everyone who commented. Your input keeps me designing and helps me find ways to improve my art.

jb2colorado

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jb2colorado
Re: Reinterpreting Don Quixote by Picasso

I seriously can't wait to buy this shirt. Controversy loves company. Keep the arguments going, it's just gonna bring up the votes. Woot! hasn't taken it down, so it obviously fits within the parameters.

devdave

quality posts: 0 Private Messages devdave

I can finally take advantage of free post! And I'm going to need to take presents back home! CHA-CHING!

Darquis

quality posts: 27 Private Messages Darquis
sasham62 wrote:
As to the title, I'd be open to either, but if the title is "We Can Do It", then this missed the mark because you didn't reimagine or interpret "We Can Do It" at all. You just replaced the Rosie. If the title is "Rosie the Riveter", then again, you didn't reimagine the title, just replaced the Rosie. If your Rosie the Robot were, perhaps, repairing herself -- and thus, actually riveting -- then you would be on-topic.
Of course, this derby is disappointingly loaded with images that are little more than reproductions. I'm not overly hopeful that the rejectionator will salvage this derby.

I'm not saying I agree or disagree about this piece meeting the theme, but I will say that I don't think parody and interpretation have to be mutually exclusive.

Darquis

Re: Reinterpreting Don Quixote by Picasso

I like the IDEA. And for those saying that it's lifted from xkcd - possible, but certainly not everyone reads that site, so it's possible that it was innocent. Normally I'd give the benefit of the doubt, but, well, someone else proved that the art is lifted.

But even though I like the idea of the shirt, it's off topic. As Adder pointed out, this is a reinterpretation derby. How is this a reinterpretation of Don Quixote? A coyote leading the mafia (while probably not the first person to come up with it) would be a reinterpretation. This is parody. And as such, it's off-topic.

This doesn't even account for the plagiarism someone else brought up. It's too bad, as I liked the shirt - now I have to tattle.

Darquis

jb2colorado wrote:I seriously can't wait to buy this shirt. Controversy loves company. Keep the arguments going, it's just gonna bring up the votes. Woot! hasn't taken it down, so it obviously fits within the parameters.

Sorry, your logic is erroneous - it's the weekend, and 0 shirts have been rejected thus far. It'll probably get annihilated (if it does) tomorrow (today, technically).

Doople

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Doople
Re: Carnation, Lily, Lily, Rose

Great shirt but I could never wear flowers. x_x