LunaGatto

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LunaGatto
Re: The Last Supper

Just shared with my FB friends. This needs to be a print as well, would love it for my fish-themed guest bath.

Kelsium

quality posts: 27 Private Messages Kelsium
Re: Birth of Venus

lol +1

snoozin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages snoozin

I'm confused. Does the shirt actually say "VOTE" on it? I love the clean, colorful, spare design. But I don't understand how it relates to "vote." I'd want it just for the simplicity and colors.

Kelsium

quality posts: 27 Private Messages Kelsium
Re: Starry Night

Keep up the good work and hope to see you in to see you in the fog again next week.

good luck

examae

quality posts: 0 Private Messages examae
profbrendan wrote:This is great! All the details really make this a fantastic little scene. Definitely looking forward to more of your work!

jasneko wrote:I've been meaning to post on this one but kept getting distracted. Such a charming illustration and delightful style!

Thank you! It's hard to know what Wooters are looking for, but I figure I'll have some fun next time and try to submit different styles.

I've been out of practice for too long, so all these comments are so refreshing and encouraging <3 I would've worked more on it but I spent my whole weekend trying to teach myself AI and PS that when I finally finished a decent looking design, I had to stop.

... Because I had to study for my finals...
... which are todayish (technically) and thursday....
... and lol I should be studying right now! okay bye ^_^

julejules

quality posts: 0 Private Messages julejules
Re: Mucha's Zodiac RESUB

I love it. Not crazy about the color though. I still voted and would still buy it.

julejules

quality posts: 0 Private Messages julejules
Re: Starry Night

Starry Night is one of my favorite paintings and I love this shirt. I would've bought it too but I understand (and agree) why it was rejected. I hope a future derby will be 'reinterpreting famous art'

wylekat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wylekat
re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/derby/entry.aspx?id=44442]mis- interpretation of

This is my last entry, so enjoy it while you can. No sense in spending countless hours on something if the 'house odds' are stacked.

PixelPants

quality posts: 69 Private Messages PixelPants
Re: Nighthawks

This is still one of the most appealing, and wearable designs of the derby. I can't figure why it isn't ranking higher and find myself trying to add another vote each time I see it.

fabiofranca

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fabiofranca
ulsterkw wrote:Really well done and the best shirt for this derby. I hope you make it!

Again I will not make it to the clouds. It is too late. But I think I will pass for the first time the 200 votes... thx everyone for the support. For me it is hard to put a tee up for voting on friday as I do not have much free time till the weekend...

adriancontreras

quality posts: 0 Private Messages adriancontreras
Re: The Thinker

GMV!

briacha

quality posts: 0 Private Messages briacha
Re: The Thinker

This is great!!

sogj

quality posts: 15 Private Messages sogj
Re: La Pieta by Michelangelo

You can't use photos because they can't be printed. Woot will not CMYK process, only spot. If you want to use a photo, take it to Threadless.

Woot will not print artwork that wasn't originally yours. If you didn't take the photo, they could get sued.

Woot doesn't offer a shirt in pink. They will reject your guide.

You broke the rules. Get over it and read them next time.

I refuse to answer on the grounds that I don't know the answer.

sogj

quality posts: 15 Private Messages sogj
missmissa07 wrote:It just baffles me when artists become irritated or automatically assume people are "bashing" them when they simply did not follow the rules.

This.

I refuse to answer on the grounds that I don't know the answer.

khartzel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages khartzel
Lagbert wrote:Woo Whoo! Mission accomplished!

Thanks to everyone for voting for this design. Special thanks to everyone who commented. Your input keeps me designing and helps me find ways to improve my art.

Hi! Also from delaware, like the idea but can you do me a favor and draw the top of the state correctly please? T

theheff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theheff
pi3832 wrote:

I think they're pretty different shirts. I wouldn't classify the Harvester as steampunk, where's the steam? No smoke, no exhaust vents, not very gritty looking. The Harvester has more of future feel to me. It is reaching for a flower, although a very different one from the entry.

I have the second shirt and they don't look similar to me at all. The figure in that one is an industrialized city/mountain. No one who's ever remarked on that shirt has ever said it looked like a robot, I usually get mountain king.

Plus I like this one because it's poignant not cutesy, and not a pun. And like someone else mentioned it works with the derby but also looks good out of the context of the derby. Needless to say after all this commentary it GMV.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 222 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: Burning Giraffes in Brown by Dali

I was just joshing earlier, of course it's a great design and I'm only mildly traumatized. ;)

This kinda feels like the flipside of the Save the Whales shirts. Why must we burn all the giraffes to do that? I don't know. Something about making omelettes and breaking eggs? Or maybe they had it coming. Yeah giraffes, we're on to you! We're taking you down before your inevitable evil plans come to light.

*cough* Anyway...

The drawing and coloring are equally wonderful, and were well worth my vote (and a lot more!).

shinobamoon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shinobamoon
Re: Woman with Yellow Hair - Pablo Picasso.

I am surprised with the overall lack of talent lately in the derbies, especially this topic; howeverm this is a really exceptional submission. It is by far the best one and only one worth winning. It is a shame everyone would vote for crayon child like renditions vs. creative interpretations. Good luck and hope you win. This is a beauty.

Vinyaernil

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Vinyaernil
Re: Girl with the Perl Earring

This is cool, but it looks stretched horizontally.

There are no windows in my office. Top Secret Serious Business is top secret.

whisperingsiren

quality posts: 0 Private Messages whisperingsiren
AdderXYU wrote:Regardless of the right or wrong of printing another boring phoenix tee, "the last one printed a year ago" is no argument. The last shirt about a neon pink monster on a scooter was printed almost three years ago. Similar shirts should be rejected.

I've only been on a few weeks. I happen to like this shirt, and couldn't have gotten any of the previous. This is also the only of the phoenix shirts I would have bought. That's how different it is. What, then, would you say to somebody like me?

BootsBoots

quality posts: 38 Private Messages BootsBoots
Re: Man Holding Up a Baby as Though He Were...

Thanks, guys. I'm glad the silliness is appreciated.

creativedv8tion

quality posts: 0 Private Messages creativedv8tion
briansantamaria wrote: Doesn't mean it doesn't follow the rules.

Wow, denial much? Look, I know you're embarrassed because everyone pointed out all the reasons that makes it apparent that you didn't bother to read the rules, but yes, your submission violated many of the rules, THEREFORE it did not follow the rules.

lifeanddeath7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lifeanddeath7
amoliski wrote:This is the first time I REALLY disagreed with a rejection. I guess I don't understand the point of this derby. From the way I am looking at it, this fits closely enough to the topic and was so well done that they could have let it slide. I would have gotten one.

Titles of artwork really don't mean much, would a proper entry dealing with starry night be... a knight with a shield with stars on it or something?

I guess what I am saying is that I am very upset that I will not be wearing this shirt any time soon.

I wholeheartedly agree. I was looking forward to wearing this shirt, and I am not at all happy that it was rejected. It was obviously well-liked. I wish they had let it slide.

Michelle Gawarecki

missile225

quality posts: 0 Private Messages missile225
snoozin wrote:I'm confused. Does the shirt actually say "VOTE" on it? I love the clean, colorful, spare design. But I don't understand how it relates to "vote." I'd want it just for the simplicity and colors.

Snoozin,

The shirt does not actually say vote on it. It is simply on my "advertisement" for the shirt. The shirt design itself can be viewed here, and as you see, there is no text at all on the actual shirt design.

- Mike

elife55

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elife55
Re: The Umbrellas

• Congratulations on winning a Best Loser Award!
  • This is not SPAM.
  • Winning a BLA does NOT mean this shirt won't print -- I'm hoping it does.
  • Your one and only gift is this crappy little badge in your shirt thread. Enjoy.
  • If a train crashed into our garden, would we notice the noise? Would it make us sit up and turn off the TV?

elife55

Re: Separation of Light from Darkness

• This is not SPAM.
  • Your one and only gift is this crappy little badge in your shirt thread. Enjoy.
  • If a train crashed into our garden, would we notice the noise? Would it make us sit up and turn off the TV?

elife55

Re: Inspired by The Great Wave

• This is not SPAM.

elife55

Re: Napoleon Crossing (on a) St Bernard

• This is not SPAM.

elife55

Re: Bird in Space.

• This is not SPAM.

elife55

Re: Honey Is Sweeter Than Blood

• This is not SPAM.

elife55

Re: Pink Angels

• This is not SPAM.

llklocke

quality posts: 0 Private Messages llklocke

this isn't even a pun

gijoe317

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gijoe317

nvrmd

gijoe317

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gijoe317
Re: THE SCREAM

Who didn't scream when they got DQ'd =)

08riehlet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 08riehlet
Re: Girl with the Perl Earring

The Modern Girl with the Pearl Earing. Look forward to seeing other works pop up.

clarinerd

quality posts: 2 Private Messages clarinerd
m5rammy wrote:I'm not sure exactly what it is about this composition, but it is very beautiful.
It makes me happy.

Thanks!

vorteks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vorteks
Re: The Physical Impossibility of Death...

This art seems like it belongs in Viewtiful Joe... reminds me of the boss characters from that game.

kaseyfleming

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kaseyfleming
Re: Inspired by The Great Wave

awesome! and nice presentation.

examae

Re: Sailing the Catboat

+1, I thought this would've gotten a few more votes I love the feetsies! But the catboat is soo sad :'(

examae

Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=44460]

lol very cool! I know plenty of ppl who'd wear this shirt, gj