walmazan

quality posts: 64 Private Messages walmazan
Re: Inspired by The Great Wave

Robbie, incredible work! you are an inspiration! +1

dmaz

quality posts: 12 Private Messages dmaz

walmazan

Re: The Physical Impossibility of Death...

SPIRITGREEN, not only I want your tee so badly, I want it inmidiatly, I hope it's will print, because I will be the first on buy it!

+1

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Michelangelo's David

hehehe very funny imsochady! And what a cutie turtle - he looks so pleased with his creation;)

Vote!

captainbaldie

quality posts: 2 Private Messages captainbaldie
phrozt wrote:So... apparently anything with a robot is now old?? I got owned by woot! do you people do all day? Sit around trying to find something that's barely even remotely close to something else and twist your panties over it?

I think it's a fantastic shirt. GMV and I'll buy it if it wins.

You can do a lot of different things with robots. The point myself, and I believe the others are trying to make is that there are two t-shirts that have won in past derbies that depict some old beat up robot of the steampunk variety, holding vegetation in it's hand.

Again, I think this design is nicely done, but not as dynamic conceptually as either of the two designs that came before it. regardless, the point is...

Similar.Shirts.Exist.
and at this very site to boot.

jewelwing

quality posts: 13 Private Messages jewelwing
Re: MCE - Metamorphosis

Nice visual! Simple, but I like it.

jewelwing

Re: MCE - Metamorphosis

Nice visual! Simple, but I like it.

walmazan

Re: The Discovery of fire

How do you do your work? It's and amazing piece!

Congrats, you allways at the top!

megsck

quality posts: 6 Private Messages megsck
Re: The Anatomy Lesson of Dr. Nicolaes Tulp

ive always loved this painting, im a little morbid i guess, and this is a great twist on it. nice job! gmv! =)

RandomLynx

quality posts: 5 Private Messages RandomLynx
Re: Mucha's Zodiac

I like the design but it seems too small / low placed. A larger design placed that low might work or placing it higher up on the tee might work. Of if they allow it, create more vertical height so it comes up at least past the halfway point.

jewelwing

slmb91

quality posts: 0 Private Messages slmb91

Not exactly what Degas had in mind

jel2301

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jel2301
phrozt wrote:I like his tools at the bottom...

And endangeredomaga... are you jsut trying to crap all over every thread??
http://shirt.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=4052994

Seriously.. you're so far off it's pathetic.

Well, threadcrapping or not, I also think Woot is going to view this as "too similar to a shirt we've already printed". We'll see what happens, but based on past rejections, this one's going to have a tough time avoiding the red ink.

missile225

quality posts: 0 Private Messages missile225

Cool Design!

missile225

Interesting interpretation of Escher. Good stuff.

theWanker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theWanker
Re: Tuna Fishing

From the (somewhat busier) Dali painting:

jel2301

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jel2301
etherbrian wrote:...painted anthropomorphized canine quasimisidentifications.

Now that's a quality phrase.

sgreenip

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sgreenip
Re: Waterfall, by M.C. Escher

missile225 wrote:Interesting interpretation of Escher. Good stuff.

Thanks, missile225! I appreciate that!

missile225

Nice recursion.

missile225

A+. Btw I like your body one too.

sasham62

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sasham62
Re: Man With Broom

A re-imagining of the painting Man With Broom by Vincent Van Gogh.
I hope you enjoy and vote. Comments, please.

4 colors on baby blue: black, white, brown, beige.

RandomLynx

quality posts: 5 Private Messages RandomLynx
endangeredomega wrote:

http://shirt.woot.com/friends.aspx?k=14665

Sorry, I understand the concept is slightly different, but for me, this one just comes far too soon on the heels of the other TMNT/Classic Art mash-up (which many already accused of being a retread of a Threadless print.)

Let the voters decide, personally I think it's a cute design. As to how similar it is to that other shirt, well that one went for realistic - this is toony, that had the original artists with the individual turtle colors added on while this is a reinvention of a work of art made by one of those said artsits... how is that too close? The only are they both tread is referencing TMNT, it's nowhere on the level you're inferring. And the whole threadless similarity the other shirt carried didn't stop people from buying that, I doubt another TMNT reference will stop them from voting on this.

Plus, some folks might prefer the background color to the pale tone that other design used.

missile225

phrozt

quality posts: 1 Private Messages phrozt
captainbaldie wrote:You can do a lot of different things with robots. The point myself, and I believe the others are trying to make is that there are two t-shirts that have won in past derbies that depict some old beat up robot of the steampunk variety, holding vegetation in it's hand.

Again, I think this design is nicely done, but not as dynamic conceptually as either of the two designs that came before it. regardless, the point is...

Similar.Shirts.Exist.
and at this very site to boot.

EVERY idea exists. It's art! You can make comparisons all day long! The fact is, the artist took the original concept and made it comical. You wouldn't expect a giant robot to be holding a tiny flower.

If anything, I'd say this is a lot closer to the idea of Frankenstein's monster than other "earthy robots." Yes... there's another robot holding a flower, (actually it looks more like it's casting or fabricating a flower)... but it's not a normal flower at all. Yes, there's another robot around .... "foliage" (which is, in and of itself, and extremely general term).

The fact is, THIS robot is gargantuan, overbearing, and yet it's holding a tiny flower; at least to the best of it's ability. All of which plays off the title of the original work.

missile225

This reminds me of one of mine that got rejected last week for text. : (

missile225

Good facial expression.

missile225

I like the script S coming out of the cigarette. That's awesome. : )

missile225

jewelwing wrote:Nice visual! Simple, but I like it.

Thank you : )

clarinerd

quality posts: 2 Private Messages clarinerd
Re: Music - The Great Wave

I like the design, but unfortunately I think Music Is Life may have turned me off headphone shirts forever.

missile225

Now thats a sausage fest. : P

sokowa

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sokowa
Re: The Burning Giraffe

A big thank you to everyone who has commented and voted so far!

Some notes:
1.) Nothing wrong with TROOOOOGDOOOR!
2.) Glad people liked the interpretation of a painting that isn't THE most popular Dali.
3.) Thanks for the critique theWanker, it's certainly more horizontal than vertical. Heck, i didn't even add legs. Just a monstrous creature towering over trees. Your comment about diagonals is definitely a solid one.
4.) Thanks Walmazan. That compliment means a LOT coming from you. You're colors are always flawless. (And it's what I struggle with the most)

Onwards!

sokowa

I never thought I'd want a tank on my chest. But I guess I do. Awesome job.

sokowa

I never thought I'd want a tank on my chest. But I guess I do. Awesome job.

chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic
Re: Mucha's Zodiac

Thanks for the feedback. I'll leave this up for a bit, and see if more people dislike the placement. If they do, then I will change it. I like it this way, but if I am the only one, then my personally preferences are holding me back.

What do others think about the t-shirt placement?

kettletoast

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kettletoast
Re: The Thinker

Great work as ever walmazan! I love how you do so much with relatively simple designs! And your characters are always awesome.

Artrocity

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Artrocity
Re: The Thinker (Neuron Forest)

Nerve cells or neurons form a branching network called neuron forest. I depicted that "brain" forest as a symbolic forest with Rodin's Thinker being a central figure and animals surrounding him representing thoughts and feelings.

Animals have such a symbolic value in all religions and beliefs so for example owl is of course wisdom, bird is hope, snake is there as positive and negative- healing, renewal, deceitfulness, spider is creative power, snail is persistence, rabbit is intuition, fulfillment, balance, butterfly is patience, fish is happiness and freedom...

topfrog56

quality posts: 0 Private Messages topfrog56
phrozt wrote:Ohhhhhh... eye get it....

:D

Eye thought you might! Just a little wink at a great work of art, in my eyes, at least!

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
Re: Nighthawks

Ohhh this is so cool....-stares at it-...

+1!!

Beautiful. I love the linework you've used to create the forms.

topfrog56

quality posts: 0 Private Messages topfrog56
phrozt wrote:Ohhhhhh... eye get it....

:D

Eye thought you might! Just a little wink at a great work of art, in my eyes, at least!