studio1172

quality posts: 0 Private Messages studio1172
odysseyroc wrote:I'm not sure which color shirt to go with. Feedback would be appreciated.

Royal for sure!

nathanwpyle

quality posts: 37 Private Messages nathanwpyle

How the Moon Works (Final!)

emeraldchickpea

quality posts: 1 Private Messages emeraldchickpea
jasneko wrote:Thanks everyone for all the feedback! And I'm glad some of you enjoy watching the process too. After some of the changes, I think I'm going to go with the smooth one - but very much appreciate the suggestions and help!

As far as colors go, right now it looks like kelly green is the general preference between that and cranberry, but feel free to keep giving your choice between the two (and if cranberry, the black ink or the lighter ink) - thanks

PS. Anyone have any ideas for a title?

I like the kelly, as is.

re title -- this is static electricity...what's a catchy phrase for it?

Triboelectric Tomcat (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triboelectric_effect )

Duddles86

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Duddles86
jasneko wrote:Thanks everyone for all the feedback! And I'm glad some of you enjoy watching the process too. After some of the changes, I think I'm going to go with the smooth one - but very much appreciate the suggestions and help!

As far as colors go, right now it looks like kelly green is the general preference between that and cranberry, but feel free to keep giving your choice between the two (and if cranberry, the black ink or the lighter ink) - thanks

PS. Anyone have any ideas for a title?

Static Electrikitty

stingray69

quality posts: 4 Private Messages stingray69
sokowa wrote:

now with more smiley cow!

I realize I'm the one who suggested it but the smile looks kinda weird to me now that I see it. I don't have any ideas if you want to convey the "happy" part of the design. You'll get my vote pretty much no matter what anyway with this one. After looking more closely at the design, though, I do suggest thickening the line for the steps in the thought bubble. It's pretty thin for its size on the shirt. Good luck!

odysseyroc wrote:I'm not sure which color shirt to go with. Feedback would be appreciated.

Navy

My vote.

sokowa

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sokowa

Ya, not having text for the cow is tricky. I'd love to just have him thinking "I can DO this"

Guess I'll do the first one then so it's painfully obvious what's going on.
Hrm, another idea could be a flower at the bottom that looks tasty and him with a thundercloud of his head. Changes the meaning but still gets the idea cross . . .

odysseyroc

quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc

Looks like I'm going with Royal Blue

EBOLAinfectedMonkey

quality posts: 3 Private Messages EBOLAinfectedMonkey
chumpmagic wrote:You may be applying to much pressure. Swift, smooth strokes seem to come out the cleanest. Also, never hesitate to over draw and and erase out the unwanted. For example, if you want a line that comes to a fine point, just draw a solid line with the same weight and go back and use the eraser to taper it.

Also, for me, clean lines just take a lot of time and patients. Don't assume that he or she got all those line in with one stroke each. It probably took a bit of undos and reworking to get that epicness it has now.

hope that made sense or was helpful.

Thank you very much for your input. I guess (as with most things), the most important element is practice.

1. Design shirts
2. ????????
3. PROFIT

ressamac

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ressamac

Kelly

I expected to love the blue because it's the ocean but it really pops on the green.

sogj

quality posts: 15 Private Messages sogj
artulo wrote:a simple question of weight ratios

FTW!!!!!

I MUST OWN THIS SHIRT!!!!!!

in for 3!!

I refuse to answer on the grounds that I don't know the answer.

odysseyroc

Ok, so I'm totally waffling on this color choice. I really like the contrast of the saturated colors against navy

sogj

odysseyroc wrote:Ok, so I'm totally waffling on this color choice. I really like the contrast of the saturated colors against navy

I vote navy

odysseyroc

ressamac wrote:I expected to love the blue because it's the ocean but it really pops on the green.

I didn't expect to like it on green either. This is the first time in months that I really didn't know what color shirt I wanted to use for a design.

esotees

quality posts: 0 Private Messages esotees

Here it is. Friday at noon and I cannot yet post my derby submission! Good grief.

apeman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages apeman

Thanks for the pre-warning about the + sign as text and comments... I was messing around with the colors and I realized i seriously need some choosing help here in the next hour. More electric looking protons or more normal looking protons???

sokowa

skenneldogs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skenneldogs
Duddles86 wrote:Static Electrikitty

Or Cat-ic Electricity!

odysseyroc wrote:Ok, so I'm totally waffling on this color choice. I really like the contrast of the saturated colors against navy

I like navy better!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

esotees wrote:Here it is. Friday at noon and I cannot yet post my derby submission! Good grief.

Noon CST. You've got about 52 minutes.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

nevetnod

quality posts: 2 Private Messages nevetnod
esotees wrote:Here it is. Friday at noon and I cannot yet post my derby submission! Good grief.

woot noon is noon in the Central time zone.

You've got about 51 minutes and 59 seconds. ;-)

I like celery.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
jasneko wrote:PS. Anyone have any ideas for a title?

it's NOT a tuuumor

sogj

One thought, because I REALLY REALLY want this shirt to win!!!!

1. I think it would be better on a different color shirt, like cranberry maybe. (Is it just me, or do cranberry shirts do better than brown?) And since the design isn't color dependent, it might work. Just a thought.

2. Maybe make underneath the birds smiley faces and frowny faces instead of checks, because the woot gods might reject it for text. Or some other way to represent it, I would hate for you to have to resub and possibly lose votes because I MUST OWN THIS SHIRT!!

parrotworks

quality posts: 16 Private Messages parrotworks

Very clever but in my experience the Monty Python fans don't carry enough votes here to get anything to print. Just an observation.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 230 Private Messages kylemittskus
parrotworks wrote:Very clever but in my experience the Monty Python fans don't carry enough votes here to get anything to print. Just an observation.

You know that not every designer panders to what the voting population wants, right?

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

SeedUvPain

quality posts: 10 Private Messages SeedUvPain

sokowa

SeedUvPain wrote:

Love it. Clever, crisp and cute

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

The Physics of Crossing the Road

odysseyroc

SeedUvPain wrote:

Aweome! I kind of wish that there was "uplighting" on the evil twin, but what a great simple design.

Leahbh

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Leahbh
SeedUvPain wrote:

I wish the good twin had more of a smile like on your original sketch.

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko

Thanks everyone so much for your feedback and suggestions! I really appreciate it
Up for voting now:

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo

subbed! thanks for any votes.

SeedUvPain

quality posts: 10 Private Messages SeedUvPain
odysseyroc wrote:Aweome! I kind of wish that there was "uplighting" on the evil twin, but what a great simple design.

Excellent suggestion. thank you!

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 215 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Is it just me or has the derby submission link totally stopped working?

https://shirt.woot.com/Member/ContestUpload.aspx

::scratches head::

EDIT: Nevermind. I changed it to http and then it bounced me to the new address.

So, my entry is up. Please tell me what you think!

examae

quality posts: 0 Private Messages examae
sokowa wrote:

Lol! much better with the flowers and the frustration ^^

mikenytola

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mikenytola

Off topic but not sure where else to say it but... Woot... stop with the danm Overstock ad's and the auto play with sound.

Seriously, what yahoo made an advertisement like that and didn't think to have it on mute first. noob.

Darquis

quality posts: 27 Private Messages Darquis
apeman wrote:Thanks for the pre-warning about the + sign as text and comments... I was messing around with the colors and I realized i seriously need some choosing help here in the next hour. More electric looking protons or more normal looking protons???

Electric, definitely. Hell, submit em both, why limit yourself.

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo

This text is extraneous.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 215 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Oh! Way better, artulo.

I thought bowling ball too the first time I looked at it, and it made me second-guess how I remembered the lines from the movie. (the power of suggestion!)

It's tricky to know when you should pull down a design that's doing so well, but the voting is still very early and this is a big improvement IMO. Good luck!

theinfinityloop

quality posts: 6 Private Messages theinfinityloop

Think this idea's worth pursuing?

rockefoe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rockefoe

brilliant!

iloveschocobos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iloveschocobos

I FINALLY got a link to this week's derby entry and into my signature (along with pics of past entries)! WHOOHOO! Sorry, just wanted to share, I'm so happy I figured it out...lol.