EBOLAinfectedMonkey


quality posts: 3 Private Messages EBOLAinfectedMonkey
tjost wrote:It's all about zooming in. To get nice clean lines do a rough sketch so you know what your doing then zoom in to at least 200% and work those lines in. That's one of the most annoying things using an Intuos in PS. I have noticed that Painter does a much better job keeping your lines clean and jiggle free zoomed out but it's such a system hog I usually don't bother with it as you can start to develope major input lag even on a fast system (another reason I hate Corel products). It's a shame too because I do like the effects painter can create in a much shorter time period then PS.



Thanks! That helps a lot.

1. Design shirts
2. ????????
3. PROFIT

megsck


quality posts: 6 Private Messages megsck

here is my entry for the week!

staffell


quality posts: 4 Private Messages staffell





Trying this for the first time. Click to vote!

No advertising, pls.

iloveschocobos


quality posts: 0 Private Messages iloveschocobos

I would like some advice about the Bamboo Tablets. I am thinking of investing in one and I am unsure as to which one to get. I'm leaning towards the Bamboo Craft or Fun, but I do not need the software it comes with because I already have Photoshop CS3 on my comp. I would love to be able to actually sketch something and have that be my actual design because I can only do some much in Photoshop right now due to my limitations of not having taken the Digital Imaging class yet.
I'd really appreciate some feedback, maybe someone on here has one of these and loves it or hates it?
And one more question. I keep thinking that I am not doing the print ready file correctly, but I don't know for sure. I know this is really basic, but when you start a file and you know you have to have two different files with two different dpi's do you start with the higher one (300) and then change to the lower one(72) or does it even matter? For some unknown reason I can't remember and it's not in my notes either (which is kinda crazy).
Thanks!

Shoppingdingos


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Shoppingdingos

I was hoping for a bunch of fat white faced clowns studying the interactions and applications of magnets.. "...how do they work?"

artulo


quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo

New idea

mrjag123


quality posts: 2 Private Messages mrjag123

diving for photons is listed with both a vote total and in the top recent (not in fog) vote getters even though it is in the fog. +10 / +172

defies the laws of physics. (or just programming)

edit: now gravity is doing the same thing...(i can send a screenshot if someone from woot wants to email me

odysseyroc


quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc

A late entry





examae


quality posts: 0 Private Messages examae

Ahh, I'm always late :X but this is what I'm working on



Also thinking about entropy or electron bands, lol but I really don't have much time this weekend

bassanimation


quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
artulo wrote:New idea



Haha this is cute! Reminds me of the Carebear cousin, Lotsa Heart (the little elephant dude). He had one of those weights on his belly.

Man, Im a dork! I like this though, Artulo! +1 if you decide to submit it!

zombiekim


quality posts: 1 Private Messages zombiekim

I wish there could be a whole week of derby winners for sale! SO many good entries with this theme. :D

LeetRantipole


quality posts: 1 Private Messages LeetRantipole

The random rules are usually pretty inconsequential, but it seems like there could've been some good shirts involving hamster wheels in this derby. :P

drgribb


quality posts: 4 Private Messages drgribb
Lagbert wrote:A physics derby without equations?!?!?!

Blaspheme!!!



True dat.
You forgot Kepler's Law (planetary motion) and the Laws of Thermodynamics!

722lad


quality posts: 9 Private Messages 722lad

I'm new to the derby. I see that the winner gets $1,000, plus $2 for each shirt sold after the first day. Fun!

scmtim


quality posts: 2 Private Messages scmtim

I would love to see a shirt of two items being dropped off the tower of Pisa and the one with flame decals or Type-R logo or something similar dropping faster.

PixelPants


quality posts: 70 Private Messages PixelPants

I know there have been ongoing issues with the server, but today I had a submission prepped and ready to go and am unable to access the submission page. Is anyone else in the same boat? It's incredibly frustrating to get a design to this point and not be able to upload it. Now I think I'll have to shelve it.

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
PixelPants wrote:I know there have been ongoing issues with the server, but today I had a submission prepped and ready to go and am unable to access the submission page. Is anyone else in the same boat? It's incredibly frustrating to get a design to this point and not be able to upload it. Now I think I'll have to shelve it.



it's slow but i got there eventually.

https://sslshirt.woot.com/Member/ContestUpload.aspx

PixelPants


quality posts: 70 Private Messages PixelPants
https://sslshirt.woot.com/Member/ContestUpload.aspx


Thanks for the link. You really are no1. All the other links on the site took me nowhere.

dwcfastrice


quality posts: 3 Private Messages dwcfastrice
BOChunter wrote:.... And Newton replied, "No, you're wrong, im not Newton, im Pascal! See, im one Newton per square meter! Pascal is out!"



now THAT, is funny.

d

Dave Chang
Pokemonville, PA 18074

epicsauce


quality posts: 0 Private Messages epicsauce

These submissions were overall terribly disappointing..

A man chooses, a slave obeys.

Darquis


quality posts: 27 Private Messages Darquis
epicsauce wrote:These submissions were overall terribly disappointing..



Because...

eabernhardt


quality posts: 1 Private Messages eabernhardt

I'm studying physics and actually doing physics research right now. As a newbie to shirt.woot, I was so excited to see the first derby in which I get to vote being related to my studies. This is pretty epic.

I love the Feynman diagram! Bahahaha! Please please please have submitted it... I need to check...

Also, the physibots shirt is my favorite! I want one so very much.

examae


quality posts: 0 Private Messages examae
eabernhardt wrote:I'm studying physics and actually doing physics research right now. As a newbie to shirt.woot, I was so excited to see the first derby in which I get to vote being related to my studies. This is pretty epic.

I love the Feynman diagram! Bahahaha! Please please please have submitted it... I need to check...

Also, the physibots shirt is my favorite! I want one so very much.



Aww I'm glad you liked it, I'm sorry I didn't get to finish or submit it - lots of school and work! Hopefully I can fit it into some future derby though

gwyn779


quality posts: 0 Private Messages gwyn779

Having majored in physics, I was so excited about this derby and then didn't buy any of the shirts. The "weight-ratios" one was fairly cute but I think the coconut placement would have been unfortunate for me. I considered getting "The Black Hole" for my son, but I just didn't love it, I may order it later (I know, for $5 more, meh) if it really grows on me. But yeah, no way I'm ordering/wearing anything with bombs...that's just me.

Not that anyone specifically cares about my lament, but felt the need to lament anyway.