rockefoe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rockefoe
Re: The Black Hole

really cute. love it!

vrekk

quality posts: 2 Private Messages vrekk
phahnleat wrote:If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound? According to my high school physics teacher, it does not. Sound can only be interpreted by the human ear. If it is not heard by anyone it is not a sound, just vibrations. The squirrel and bird portrayed do not count.

Five colors on grass

Thank you, somebody that got this question right!

vrekk

quality posts: 2 Private Messages vrekk
Re: Laws of Gravity vs. The World

I don't get it, if you are trying to show weight/force as its affected by distance from the fulcrum you have it backwards.

rockefoe

Re: Testing the twin paradox

love it love it love it love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rockefoe

Re: The Doppler Effect

Sheldon Cooper would totally wear this shirt.

rockefoe

Re: a simple question of weight ratios (v2)

oh! love this updated furry-coconut version!

bbbrob

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bbbrob

If you haven’t memorized the Standard Model, you might be wondering a) what’s going on, and b) where the ninjas are. So, I’ll explain to anyone who as a little time.
This is a cartoonized version of the Standard Model. So, the round humanoids are elementary particles. Their graphics are based on their name and/or characteristics. The categories are as follows: green = quarks, blue = leptons (those two make up matter), and red = bosons (they carry forces).
First, quarks. Top left: up quark, it’s pointing up. Bottom left: down quark, it’s pointing down. Top middle: charm quark, it’s kissing at you. Bottom middle: strange quark, mixing elixirs, has a large eye, tilted mouth, and a pair of horns. Top right: top quark, on top of the platform; bottom quark: below the platform.
Next, leptons. The top row is the neutrinos, whose only graphically renderable characteristic is that they’re tiny (in comparison to other elementary particles), so, I made them small. In the bottom row, there’s the electron, the muon, and the tau. The only differences are that they’re (somewhat) big, bigger, and biggest. Therefore, I increased the size with each one.
Finally, there are the bosons. The top one is the photon (carrier of electromagnetic force, a.k.a. light) so it’s sparkly; the second and third from the top are the W and Z particles, respectively. They carry weak force (it comes into play in atomic nuclei) so I made the W trying to lift a light weight, and the Z particle has already given up. The bottom one, however, is the gluon, carrier of strong force (again, it comes into play in atomic nuclei) so it can easily lift heavy weights.
But wait, there’s more! You see the black and gray particles at the bottom? They aren’t actually particles. They gray one represents antimatter. Every particle has an antiparticle, which has the same mass and spin but opposite charge. Antimatter reacts violently with matter.
The black one represents all of the theories. Dark matter, dark energy, the graviton, string theory, etc. The things that haven’t been proven; that have eluded scientists. A little like… come on, the black clothes, the sword, you can guess it, right? It’s a… ninja! There’s that elusive ninja!

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

Much improved. I'll be amazed if this doesn't get 1st place.

walmazan

quality posts: 65 Private Messages walmazan

Love it Artulo! and the colors are amazing!

Good luck with this!

iloveschocobos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iloveschocobos
missmissa07 wrote:Very happy you went with the kelly green :D. It looks excellent! +1

I agree, the kelly green was an excellent choice! Good Luck!

tgentry

Staff

Re: Applied Physics

Nice job S. It's a great idea. I think I'd leave off the halftones and maybe do the cliffs and stuff as solid colors.

amesj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amesj
Re: Static Electrikitty

I love this, very spot on

jobumo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jobumo

walmazan

quality posts: 65 Private Messages walmazan
Re: obviously youre dense V2

wow! impressive!

I love it in the first, but now I need it!

+1

tgentry

Staff

Re: obviously youre dense V2

Love the texture work and color choices! I'm a little hesitant on whether it works without knowing the theme. I think it'd still come across that the little sphere is heavier than the rest, but I'm not sure the "why" of it will come across. Of course I could be wrong on that. Either way it's a great illustration.

gcrable

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gcrable
Re: Orbital Hoopla

I LOVE IT!!! Now I know for sure I need to get a hula hoop...to whittle my waist while I'm wearing the shirt, of course. Love the colors. Love the happiness of it all!

tgentry

Staff

Re: The Evil Twin

This is really clever! Awesome job.

calbach

quality posts: 0 Private Messages calbach
Re: The Evil Atom

Nice work.

adavis23

quality posts: 0 Private Messages adavis23
Re: Physics 101

I would've added a comment earlier, but I had to hit the road (and I'm not using my computer). Thanks so much for liking it! I based it around my first physics class in school and all the diagrams I could remember. This is my first real derby entry, I entered something last time to see how things work. I feel like I need to make better thumbnails, if anyone has advice on it, I'd be more than willing to hear it.

chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic
chumpmagic wrote:Random question...

How do you get your images as signatures? I tried coping and pasting the image link (with proper formatting) in My account > signatures, but it hasn't worked the last few weeks. Hasn't worked for me yet actually.

The only way I can get it to work is if I copy and past it each time at the end of my comments (like below) until a Mod auto creates the signature for me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

[MOD: I fixed your signature for you. You were very close. You had the URL but not the IMG. Actually, you just needed to paste the code right above this note into your signature. You can see what I did if you go look at My Account.]

Thanks noble moderator for caring and tending to my needs. I copy and pasted the code above. Every time I hit the "update your info" button, the image info disappears and the code looks like it does in its current state (or like how you found it before). In this last case, I was using your code, but I tried removing the "Planetary Revolutions" text.

I use Safari. I don't know if that has any issues.

O well, it's not the end of the world. I do greatly appreciate your help. Thanks again!!!

YinofYang

quality posts: 0 Private Messages YinofYang
Re: Diving With Photons!

This is one of the coolest designs I've ever seen. I hope, hope to heck it prints. It's visually striking and I want!

radiomode

quality posts: 3 Private Messages radiomode
llklocke wrote:What does that even mean?

Electronics is part of physics

lonoffd

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lonoffd
Re: The Force of Attraction

If any more of your shirts print, I think it's going to break me! +1

radiomode

quality posts: 3 Private Messages radiomode
SailorButterfly wrote:I didn't think I'd like anything from this derby, but this is the coolest thing I've seen in any derby in a long time. <3

Thanks!!!

sithman25

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sithman25
Re: Nuclear Fusion-HA!

Wonder Twin powers, activate!
Form of gas!
Shape of Hydrogen atom!

thinksharp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thinksharp
Re: Its A Rabbit!

I don't know what's funnier, the loophole in using a bunny (sorry, rabbit) or the serious comments to a playful entry.

http://brainyfarmwife.blogspot.com

emeraldchickpea

quality posts: 1 Private Messages emeraldchickpea
Re: Weather killed the Weatherman

Like the idea but may not make it cause it may not be a woot template / color?

zosai

quality posts: 1 Private Messages zosai
fabiofranca wrote:Nice Halftones...

Thanks! Your gravity design is pretty sweet.

YinofYang wrote:This is one of the coolest designs I've ever seen. I hope, hope to heck it prints. It's visually striking and I want!

Thank you! I'm glad you like it.

SiraRaven

quality posts: 4 Private Messages SiraRaven
Re: Conservation of Demolition

This is really cute! Personally, I'd like it a bit better if it were a picture of a house rather than a door (right now, it sort of looks like an overly complicated mechanism to knock on someone's door), but I love the concept! GMV

emeraldchickpea

Johndis5 wrote:Retro Physics.

This is only my second derby entry ever. Any criticism you may have is welcome. I need to learn the ropes. Thanks for taking a look!

I like the general design but am not wild about it on cranberry. Also, just my opinion, but I would like it better with a plain nucleus, rather than a cutesy smiley one.

itsbeth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages itsbeth
Re: The Solar System

Very cool! I suppose it works out well for the octopus that we don't count Pluto anymore.

emeraldchickpea

endangeredomega wrote:The internet is made of cats. And nerd-rage. Lots & lots of nerd-rage.

Heh heh heh heh heh heh....wonder what a nerd rage shirt would look like? LOL

zosai

cosmiccow wrote:Very well drawn, but it comes off as one of those designs where you give it a title to make it fit the theme, rather than designing for the theme.

MaliceKaiser wrote:I agree. Great work, but in my opinion it's totally off-topic.

Thanks for your input, but I created this design specifically for this theme because I wanted to use a more natural representation of an observed phenomenon in the study of physics rather than a symbolic or graphical one.

Optics is a major branch of physics, concerning the behavior and properties of light. The behavior of light when interacting with water is key in my submission.

ironforge

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ironforge
Re: Physics 101

Well I wish I could vote, but you get a +1 from me!

scottspurlock

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scottspurlock
Re: Nuclear Fallout

This started out to be one of those nuclear symbols, broken apart and falling. But then it looked more like the symbol was picking a fight with the moon. I guess the title works either way?

This is just my second try at a shirt. Any feedback would be appreciated.

iloveschocobos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iloveschocobos
Spiritgreen wrote:Thanks guys! I nearly gave up on this a couple of times... but it got there in the end. Like the eponymous bullet, I guess. :p

megsck wrote:this is a great shirt! it reminds me of a card game named "Bang!" that i play with friends, i would definitely buy this shirt! great job as always! gmv!

I love BANG! and love this shirt! So glad that you didn't give up, Spiritgreen, it's awesome! I also love your drawing style, wowee!

specsmachine

quality posts: 31 Private Messages specsmachine
Re: Nuclear Physics

Please allow me to explain! I took the concept of Sir Isaac Newton sitting under an apple tree and gave it a sort of post-apocolyptic/acid flashback slant. Hopefully the end effect is that, from a distance, the shirt appears to be a guy relaxing under a tree.

specsmachine

quality posts: 31 Private Messages specsmachine
Re: Nuclear Physics

I left colors and gradients out of this go 'round because I wanted it to be cold and impersonal. I'll shut up now.

zosai

Re: Escaping gravity

amazing color on the balloon, and the details in the gondola are great!

zosai

this is great! I agree the fuzzy coconuts are a nice improvement.