WanderingRaccoon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages WanderingRaccoon
Re: Gravity

What a gorgeous design! Unfortunately, you're showing it as being outside the area of the shirt that woot actaully prints on, and they'll reject you for that. You should check the guidelines about where woot will and won't print, and then resubmit this design.

zosai

quality posts: 1 Private Messages zosai
Re: The Force of Attraction

You always have such great character expressions, and I really like your textured shading technique!

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
Re: The Solar System

Reminds me of Octo System, which I wish had printed.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Static Electrikitty
iloveschocobos wrote:I agree, the kelly green was an excellent choice! Good Luck!

Glad you like it! I've wanted to have a kelly green tee for a while so it would be awesome if it were this one;) Thanks iloveschocobos!

amesj wrote:I love this, very spot on

Thanks very much amesj!

sasham62

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sasham62
Re: Newtonian Motion

A simple game of pool demonstrates Newton's Laws of Motion:

1. Every object in a state of uniform motion tends to remain in that state of motion and every object at rest tends to remain at rest unless an external force is applied to it.

2. The relationship between an object's mass m, its acceleration a, and the applied force F is F = ma. Acceleration and force are vectors (as indicated by their symbols being displayed in slant bold font); in this law the direction of the force vector is the same as the direction of the acceleration vector.

3. For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.

I hope people enjoy and vote and leave comments and all that good stuff.

sexylittlerobot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages sexylittlerobot
Re: 8 bit laser fractals

this reminds me of the frustules of diatoms!

linablade

quality posts: 0 Private Messages linablade
Re: Phive Phamous Physibots

Five physicists in robot form! From left to right: Einstein, Newton, Tessla, Schrodinger, and Hawking.

fftkrazee

quality posts: 3 Private Messages fftkrazee
Re: Classic Monkey and Hunter... Problem.

This is probably my favorite piece from you. Really like the linework on the gorilla.

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 162 Private Messages DianaSprinkle
Re: Electric Spark Cat - ver 2

Resub to change up the coloring and the placement.

Jacob's ladders are cool.

wizardofkitty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wizardofkitty
tjost wrote:I almost did on accident, then I remembered and shed a tear for the little planet that couldn't

I'm pretty sure that only little kids in contemporary elementary science classes would complain about Pluto being there. The rest of us will just cling to our outdated beloved reality.

zosai

Re: Orbital Hoopla

Clever idea! I like the angle of the orbits and the placement, it makes the planets really move.

wizardofkitty

Re: DOUBLE RAINBOW PHYSICS ALL THE WAY!

Oh my gosh. It's a double rainbow all the way! XD

sasham62

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sasham62
PixelPants wrote:"... This is another example of Woot rejecting true artistic expression in order to bump up designs that cater to the masses."

No, it's really not. Photos aren't allowed as has been mentioned many times. Also, especially with an unaltered photo, it's impossible to separate the image into (at most) six colors without the use of gradients.
And, there's precious little artistic expression involved in pasting a photograph into the Woot shirt template, especially when it's ... questionable ... as to topic.
Finally, if this were allowed, it would almost certainly cater to the masses.

AutoTechInSTL

quality posts: 6 Private Messages AutoTechInSTL
mab299108 wrote:Yea, I think the problem was the reference to bodily fluids. Too bad because it's a funny idea. You might be able to salvage it though. You could dump the first rainbow and the equal sign(which is text anyway), and put a ray of incoming white light. Then it would be like the prism is straining to split the white light into individual colors. Because really, that can't be easy to do...

Yes.. remove your first two entries...

remove the rainbow and the equals sign.

Resubmit... leave the word JISM out of it..

and you *might* have a chance.. at least as good of a chance as me.

Steve was DELICIOUS!

thesongbirdy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thesongbirdy
Re: Nuclear Physics

Awesome concept. Very thoughtful and totally wearable!

quickaluminum

quality posts: 0 Private Messages quickaluminum
Re: Nuclear Fusion-HA!

DBZ for the win! I would jump at the chance to buy this!

linablade

quality posts: 0 Private Messages linablade

Five well-known physicists as robots! See if you can guess who they are. ;)

rjohnson313

quality posts: 8 Private Messages rjohnson313

I haven't been feeling this derby so far... Finally found a shirt I can vote for! My son especially will be sad if it doesn't get printed. Another great idea!

slatefistcrunch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages slatefistcrunch
Re: Nuclear Physics

This design is amazing. I'd want one!

Duddles86

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Duddles86

Yay! You used the title! I wanted to say, I was looking at my kitty while she was sitting on the floor and I noticed the shoulder blade hump that makes the neck look off and I had to laugh b/c you are right that it was the true way a cat looks even if we think it looks wrong. Best of luck! you gmv!

Duddles86

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Duddles86

This is a stunning design but looks off topic.

If a flash light in water is physics then, doesn't woot have to accept any image with light in it (aka anything that isn't a black t-shirt).

jcm1994

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jcm1994

Einstein, Newton, Tesla/Edison, Schrodinger, and Hawking :D

dunz0

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dunz0
Re: The Force of Attraction

You're on a roll, walmazan! I've been loving all of your derby submissions

RSengenberger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RSengenberger
ThunderThighs wrote:. Seriously! Is there anyone in this forum that doesn't have to have the last word?!?!?

Once again, I think you've beat this horse dead.

http://xkcd.com/386/

tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost

Thanks for the support so far guys, I'm cooking up another design with Bass that I think will be really sweet if I can pull it off

tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost
jcm1994 wrote:Einstein, Newton, Tesla/Edison, Schrodinger, and Hawking :D

Edison was a hack, that's Nikola Tesla for sure

xarizmu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xarizmu
Re: Diving With Photons!

This shirt is awesome! I love it! GMV.

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

Re: The Physics of Crossing the Road V2

The Physics of Crossing the Road V2

I decided to resub, now with a "cheering" section for the armadillo. Thanks for any revotes!

jessison

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jessison
Re: Gravity

I think it's a good concept, but the colors remind me too much of Target. Seems like a shirt all the employees might be wearing...if they were cool of course

infosneak

quality posts: 1 Private Messages infosneak

Agreed, also if it was a bit smaller.

zosai

Re: The Physics of Crossing the Road V2

great addition! love the texture of the ground and the mean face on the car is a nice touch...gmv

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

zosai wrote:great addition! love the texture of the ground and the mean face on the car is a nice touch...gmv

Thanks! And thanks to Nevetnod for suggesting that the bird in the back might be a baby vulture. I decided that it should definitely be a full grown vulture enjoying the show.

solusumbra

quality posts: 1 Private Messages solusumbra
tgentry wrote:Love the texture work and color choices! I'm a little hesitant on whether it works without knowing the theme. I think it'd still come across that the little sphere is heavier than the rest, but I'm not sure the "why" of it will come across. Of course I could be wrong on that. Either way it's a great illustration.

the little sphere is heavier because when you pack the same mass into a smaller space, the object is denser (ie. heavier).

Lagbert

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lagbert

Sadly, come Monday this will probably get rejected for text on Einstein B0t5 chest.

If you can resub without the text within the next 24 hours you'll probably be able regain your lost votes.

Best of Luck!

Lagbert

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lagbert
Re: Bread And Butter V2

Anti-gravity!

caracalcat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages caracalcat
haikuginger wrote:Oh, yeah, an African swallow maybe, but not a European swallow. That's my point.

well then, maybe, to stay truest to the quote, the first two sparrows should have the european tail to them, and then the second two are african.
so, no European swallows cannot carry coconuts, but african swallows can

wizardofkitty

Re: Nuclear Fusion-HA!

Thanks to everyone who have voted so far! I wasn't sure if there were a lot of wooters who were also DBZ fans but you all proved this silly girl wrong.

huseyinserkan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages huseyinserkan

I love this design. It refers to Schroedinger's cat, string theory and cat's love of string balls. Non-complex drawings and great color selection make it even more attractive. It's a shame it didn't get a lot of votes. Please keep re-subbing this if it doesn't make it this time.

kuhan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kuhan
LOLcommunism wrote:Hello Hello for all of you who don't know.

This is a diagram of Descartes Theory of how a "Double Rainbow" forms.

Its actually a Primary and Secondary rainbow!

Because of our eyes, the secondary rainbow (the one on top)'s colors look flipped!

Thank youuuu.

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN? It's so bright, sooo vivid!

Twistedmonkey22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Twistedmonkey22
Re: Schrödinger's Cat

So much love for this shirt. zombie cats!