tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost
endangeredomega wrote:Sorry guys, but apart from the shiny ramyglow, I'm just not seeing the appeal of this one. (Then again, I'm more of a biology/theatre/comics geek, so if there's some big physics joke behind it I'm not getting, please explain.)

Knowing the crowd I hang out with, from any kind of distance, this will just be seen as just another Tony Stark chest-reactor design. :/

First, I'm gonna ignore the Ramy reference, second the theory of cold fusion has been around awhile and has been popularized in movies such as IQ or The Saint. It's widely discredited by most researchers today but renewed interest has sparked up in the last few years. It basically proposes the possibility of harnessing the incredible power of nuclear fusion in a containable safe format. Basically stars in jars as I said earlier hence the image. Look it up in places like wikipedia to get more info. It's basically the holy grail of energy science, something that will probably never be acheived but tantalyzing at the same time.

staffell

quality posts: 4 Private Messages staffell
goldenthorn wrote:Yes, it does. Woot rules on text seem to always have been interpreted as anything that can be found on a keyboard--in any alphabet (letter, number, symbol)--is text.
Also, you may have seen the definition right above the one you selected?
11. Printing.
a. black letter.
b. type, as distinguished from illustrations, margins, etc.

Ha, well I didn't realise that, and I'm not so stupid to think you couldn't google that source, but I genuinely didn't see that entry, so I apologise.

No advertising, pls.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
Azroix wrote:Thanks, though I have to admit I was worried when someone mentioned the first Schrodinger's Cat that woot sold. I hadn't seen it before and was hoping that it wasn't similar to my design. So happy it's not.

You used the EXACT SAME idea. But, contrary to what a large number of this community's members say -- namely that every idea has been done; ergo nothing is original -- you took the idea in a completely different direction. IMO, your shirt is completely safe from rejection and serves as an excellent example of what I said before.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

lisammall

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lisammall

I REALLY like this, but I also don't like the color. I'd never wear it on the yellow. Still voted for it....but won't be buying it.

08riehlet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 08riehlet
Re: Gravity v2

great work m.

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
Re: Cold Fusion

I think I have some of this in my pantry. Gave me some wicked heartburn last time.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 215 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Very nice, guys! The solar spikes/flares sell the science feel, and it makes a good looking shirt. :^)

Meredythe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Meredythe
jcm1994 wrote:Einstein, Newton, Tesla/Edison, Schrodinger, and Hawking :D

Hawking or Professor X?

specsmachine

quality posts: 31 Private Messages specsmachine
Re: Nuclear Physics

Thank you so much for the all of the comments and criticisms. I will be extra sure to consider them all in the next derby.

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
Re: Testing the twin paradox

I LOVE the last panel!

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

2borX2b

quality posts: 1 Private Messages 2borX2b
Re: Gravity v2

Now this is an artsy shirt — gorgeous; great and GMV!

whisperatdaybreak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages whisperatdaybreak
jasneko wrote:Hey Whisper! And thanks

Hello! You're welcome

megsck

quality posts: 6 Private Messages megsck
Josephus wrote:It's odd that I'm seeing this in the fog with vote total listed of 167 votes and also 10th place. They only have 2 designs rejected, both obviously deserving rejection and neither ever having seen the fog, so I'm sure this belongs in the fog. Woot has some kind of bug going on.

The swallows and coconut design had two of the same submission in the fog, so woot took the old submission down, that is why you could see the numbers while in the fog.

parrotworks

quality posts: 16 Private Messages parrotworks
Re: on my wavelength

Thanks to Ashley for getting me started on this one.

Siax

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Siax
LOLcommunism wrote:Hey! Thank you for catching that mistake on mine <3

Yours is awesome!

thanks and no prob

specsmachine

quality posts: 31 Private Messages specsmachine

I bet you could make one heck of a lightsaber with that kind of energy. +1

aprilfrogs1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aprilfrogs1

I hadn't heard of that before, funny!

suzer22 wrote:Cute! Reminds me of the new Wii Kirby Game I just saw advertised: Kirby's Epic Yarn

BaldBob007

quality posts: 1 Private Messages BaldBob007
Re: Schrödinger's Cat

This reminds me of the awesomeness that was Invader Zim.

SpazX

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SpazX
Re: Nuclear Physics

I'm not sure I'm into the yellow shirt and I'm not really confident it'll beat out some of the others to print, but it's a fantastic and well thought-out concept, so I'll vote for it.

LOLcommunism

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LOLcommunism

Woaaa! Thats a very unique and interesting idea!

Would you kindly...

LOLcommunism

kylemittskus wrote:Generic, boring, and not even done well. What is that? Ripped paper?

LOL @ THIS

But hey I like your design! I've always wanted an awesome shirt with a falling warhead on it, but never have seen any good ones like this.

Would you kindly...

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
bassanimation wrote:It is cold fusion, which is sometimes referred to as a 'star in a jar' or 'sun in a jar'. I made it look more star-like in the end. Here is a short article about the 'star in a jar' concept.

Stars are bright and do glow. As for shine, it is inside a glass jar. Glass reflects light so any light source will reflect and 'shine' off of the glass. ^^; Glow and shine are part of the physical nature of the objects depicted.

I have to agree with the ramyb comment. And I don't think endangeredomega or I misunderstand the idea of the star-in-a-jar idea. Personally, I'm just sick of seeing this shiny style that was done in Seki's Birth of the Moon shirt as well as others which have names less memorable than the shirts themselves.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

LOLcommunism

BaldBob007 wrote:This reminds me of the awesomeness that was Invader Zim.

THATS WHAT I WAS THINKING!

Very awesome take on the radiated cat! :D

Would you kindly...

Johndis5

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Johndis5
Re: Matter and Anti-Matter

I really dig the placement. I hope it's kosher. It should be.. I think. Anyway, +1

LOLcommunism

FUUUUUUUU---- SHUN---- HAAAH!

Love it

Would you kindly...

LOLcommunism

Very creative! :D

Its hard because in these derbies everyone brings their A game ):

Would you kindly...

utterdamnnonsense

quality posts: 0 Private Messages utterdamnnonsense
Re: The Doppler Effect

that is some fast-paced walking he is doing, or else some seriously thin air ;-p cool design though +1

LOLcommunism

Pretty good.

Cat looks like its got a lump in its throat though.

I love Jacob's Ladder :D

Would you kindly...

LOLcommunism

GOOD JOB, SWEETIE! ^___^

Would you kindly...

megsck

quality posts: 6 Private Messages megsck

i dont get why people care so much about other shirts, just judge this shirt by its own strengths and weaknesses, not by others. how else would you do a star in a jar without a glow?

I think what people are missing is the amazing rendering of this piece. that jar is amazing! and the beautiful, quite calmness of this design is stunning. +1 from me.

LOLcommunism

Hah.

Would you kindly...

LOLcommunism

Awesome, but I don't really like the bombs falling.

Would you kindly...

LOLcommunism

ohhhhh I get it now.

Thanks for the first post to clarify

Nice job!

Would you kindly...

LOLcommunism

LOLLLOOLOOL Creeeepy~

Would you kindly...

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko

Looks very sharp guys! It also could interpreted as a super mutant firefly in a jar;) The colors suit the shirt very well and the whole design is very crisp, neat and attractive.

Vote!

LOLcommunism

Awesome. Good Luck!

Would you kindly...

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Physics of a Falling Cat (resub)

Hehe this reminds me of physics class actually, because on my physics textbook cover there was a series of photographs of a cat falling just like this on the cover, except more steps. I remember doodling it from the book a few times in my notes when I was bored. Ah memories!

Vote!

LOLcommunism

Hah awesome.

Would you kindly...

LOLcommunism

Very nice, nice job re-doing it.

Would you kindly...

Siax

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Siax
RSengenberger wrote:http://xkcd.com/386/

lol and in my opinion the design works. What I do think is if you what to solve this issue resub without the face.......but still +1