megsck

quality posts: 6 Private Messages megsck
Re: obviously youre dense V2

i love this, looks really nice and i can judge how awesome my friends are by if they understand the shirt or not ;)

megsck

Re: Gravity

totally get the little prince reference. =)

odysseyroc

quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc
kylemittskus wrote:You used the EXACT SAME idea. But, contrary to what a large number of this community's members say -- namely that every idea has been done; ergo nothing is original -- you took the idea in a completely different direction. IMO, your shirt is completely safe from rejection and serves as an excellent example of what I said before.

I think this is a great drawing and great colors. That said, I think that one Schrodinger's Cat shirt pringint is more than enough. It seems like a few have popped up since Diana's won. I don't know if that is a coincidence or not, but I really don't want to see multiple schrodinger's cat designs in every derby for the next year or whatever.

Again, great job, especially on the colors. Hope to see more designs in this style in the futre.

tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost
Re: Electric Spark Cat - ver 2

I like it, maybe giving the cats a little more wave or distortion to make it look more electrical would help though

megsck

Re: Escaping gravity

NICE! love the little details, and the colors are great. gmv! =D

ambergreen

quality posts: 11 Private Messages ambergreen
Re: Classic Monkey and Hunter... Problem.

He needs to watch more Veggie Tales. If it hasn't got a tail, it's not a monkey. Even if it has a monkey kind of shape.

odysseyroc

Re: NEWTONIAN

This should have way more votes. I really like this illustration a lot, great job.

megsck

Re: Static Electrikitty

absolutely love this design on this color, pops so nicely! angry kittys are the greatest! nice job and good luck! =D

lucky1988

quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988
Re: Charm Quark

@bassanimation- Thanks, glad you like it. I don't really understand Physics at all too. Here's a fun link I stumbled upon researching this derby that sort of explains things in an easier way. I'm still kinda lost though.

@tjost- Cheers! Everyone had "bunnies on the brain" for the luck derby.

@radiomode- Thanks, early congrats to you as well my friend!

odysseyroc

Lagbert wrote:Odysseyroc, very nice! The witch shredding the half pipe is a great concept and expertly executed!

My only criticism (minor one) would be the harsh edges at the bottom of the design. The sharp corners and edges steal focus from the witch.

Good Luck!

Yeah, that was another choice that I went back and forth on. I tried it several different ways, and with ragged edges or whatever, it kind of distracted me from the more graphic style that I was trying to achieve here. Maybe I'll wake up in the morning tomorrow and the perfect solution will hit me like a flash of lighting. More likely I'll figure it out on Thursday afternoon, when the new derby is announced.

suzer22

quality posts: 2 Private Messages suzer22
Re: Phive Phamous Physibots

I really really love this shirt! Glad you got it fixed :-) It got my vote again!

MaliceKaiser

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MaliceKaiser
endangeredomega wrote:I'll admit to my own ignorance; I needed the 'star-in-a-jar' reference explained to me.

However, the design still isn't something I find particularly striking or exciting, and not something I'd personally choose to wear. I'll continue to withold my vote for that reason.

Neither artist should worry overmuch about my solitary opinion; the shirt will probably rocket towards the fog regardless, because Wooters love shiny things.

I have to agree here. No doubt the artists are talented and the subject matter is well-executed, but that doesn't make it a good shirt design in my opinion. To be brutally honest if I saw someone with a shiny object in a jar on their shirt and nothing else I'd wonder "I got owned by woot! is with this shirt. There's a jar on it." It just isn't wearable, and to be quite frank I can't believe it racked up this many votes this fast.

Again, sorry, that's my opinion.

PixelPants

quality posts: 68 Private Messages PixelPants
Re: Cold Fusion

My hat (beanie) is off to you both. I think the coloring and depiction of the glass is an amazing technical feat. It may sound strange but I'd seriously consider wearing a shirt with just the empty jar on it.

MaliceKaiser

Re: Its A Rabbit!

This is the only good design this entire derby.
Perhaps less originality and more shininess would have saved this gift from god from the Rejectionator, but after this rejection I am so done with Woot.
I will never ever buy from them again. My wife is crying right now because this design will never print now. I can't believe this.

LOLcommunism

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LOLcommunism
InkWiz wrote:Going on vacation so this will probably be the last one I do for the next few weeks. I hope you all enjoy.

Enjoy your vacation, and I will enjoy your design! Very nice <3

Would you kindly...

LOLcommunism

PixelPants wrote:My hat (beanie) is off to you both. I think the coloring and depiction of the glass is an amazing technical feat. It may sound strange but I'd seriously consider wearing a shirt with just the empty jar on it.

LOL

Would you kindly...

tjost

MaliceKaiser wrote:I have to agree here. No doubt the artists are talented and the subject matter is well-executed, but that doesn't make it a good shirt design in my opinion. To be brutally honest if I saw someone with a shiny object in a jar on their shirt and nothing else I'd wonder "I got owned by woot! is with this shirt. There's a jar on it." It just isn't wearable, and to be quite frank I can't believe it racked up this many votes this fast.

Again, sorry, that's my opinion.

Again thats cool, can't please everyone When I do shirt designs, both professionally and for the derbies, I always try to use good design approaches in terms of balance and composition and I think the balance on this piece works. I can see people not liking to wear a mason jar with a star inside without context, that said though it is a physics shirt and woot has lots of nerds that get the reference and would wear it with pride. Some people even like it when others don't get their shirts and wear them like badges of honor Hope I can make something in the future you'll like.

tjost

PixelPants wrote:My hat (beanie) is off to you both. I think the coloring and depiction of the glass is an amazing technical feat. It may sound strange but I'd seriously consider wearing a shirt with just the empty jar on it.

Thanks Pixels!

LOLcommunism

MaliceKaiser wrote:This is the only good design this entire derby.
Perhaps less originality and more shininess would have saved this gift from god from the Rejectionator, but after this rejection I am so done with Woot.
I will never ever buy from them again. My wife is crying right now because this design will never print now. I can't believe this.

I couldn't agree more!

I can't believe this complete and utter hatred for rabbits. Rabbits may not be as cute as bunnies, but they're darned close!

Maybe woot needs to make like bunnies and grow up to be rabbits. I feel this design is too sophisticated and grown up for this site's feeble audience.

Please sir, I encourage you to try threadless or teefury. Maybe they will appreciate your sophisticated sense of originality!

I suppose if you posted tortoises instead of turtles, old cats instead of kitties, or even puffins instead of penguins they would be treated the same! I'm sick of this age-ism.

Grow up rejectionater, just grow up.

Would you kindly...

endangeredomega

quality posts: 37 Private Messages endangeredomega
MaliceKaiser wrote:This is the only good design this entire derby.

[snickers]

tjost

Re: Physics of a Falling Cat (resub)

Cats are a lesson in physics

LOLcommunism

ironforge wrote:Well I wish I could vote, but you get a +1 from me!

SO CAYOOOOT!

Would you kindly...

LOLcommunism

tjost wrote:Cats are a lesson in physics

THE BEST LESSON.

We're just lucky cats aren't vengeful creatures.

At least house ones aren't... as far as i know...

Oh god..

Would you kindly...

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 128 Private Messages DianaSprinkle
tjost wrote:I like it, maybe giving the cats a little more wave or distortion to make it look more electrical would help though

LOL, I kept trying but it just didn't want to be shaped like electricity. If you get far enough away it looks more like it but I coincide that my efforts on the up close are lacking in the "looks like energy" department. =[

LOLcommunism wrote:Pretty good.

Cat looks like its got a lump in its throat though.

I love Jacob's Ladder :D

It's suppose to be a puffy neck ruff on the kitty but it might not be reading right. Jacob's Ladders are cool, electrical danger! =D

@megsck - LOL thanks so much. I'm much more happy with the coloring on this one.

parrotworks

quality posts: 16 Private Messages parrotworks
megsck wrote:i love this, looks really nice and i can judge how awesome my friends are by if they understand the shirt or not ;)

Great. Next time I see a woot I'm gonna be paranoid it's a screener. Guess I'll just have to spend more time online cramming.

jnelson62

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jnelson62
Re: Schrödinger's Cat

I love the coloring...this would so make a great addition to my Woot shirt collection!!!! VOTE TWICE!

smirksy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smirksy
odysseyroc wrote:I was thinking skateboarding when I decided to design this one. The bottom portion is supposed to be the top of a halfpipe and a fence behind it, she's using her broom for a skateboard.

I wasn't sure how it was going to play like this, or if the idea would work without the bottom portion.

Ahhh...I get it now. I feel dumb. I was grumbling before about how the ground looked like wood. I guess that was probably a big hint. Still, I don't know how I feel about a half-pipe across my stomach.

I had better start doing some sit-ups in advance of next Friday.

blueanthropoid

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blueanthropoid

Omelets made great too cute!

MaliceKaiser

Darquis wrote:I really like the design, but I'm not sure I can give it a vote - it really feels like it's just a cool design that's tangentially related so it got submitted.

Couldn't agree more. I'm not sure how the title of it relates either; I'm not sure "the butterfly effect" means what the artist thinks it means. Cool design, but I don't see it as on-topic with this derby.

kmjohnson7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kmjohnson7
Re: Frontier Physics

Way cool! Keep up the good work! :D

irictor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages irictor
Re: What Goes Up...

I hope this wins, I've been watching the derby to see what might become shirts, and none of the shirts/ideas I like ever become shirts. It's like whatever has a catchy fatty center picture wins. I like shirts with small images in the chest, or in more creative places.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 217 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: Charm Quark

Nicely done. +1

radiomode

quality posts: 3 Private Messages radiomode
meh3884 wrote:the butterfly effect is dependent on the chaos theory, which doesn't have much to do with physics. actually it has nothing to do with physics.

eep, cool design but i can't vote for it in this derby.

It's only the title. The voting is on the design, not the title.

wilmerton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wilmerton

Is it political?

chipsahoy89

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chipsahoy89

It reminds me of The Little Prince. <3

cazking

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cazking
Re: Universal Pie Chart Bully

this is my first derby entry - hope you like!

fabiofranca

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fabiofranca
albinoapple wrote:What exactly makes this about physics? Because gravity is in play? Doesn't that mean any shirt that takes place on any planet is relevant?

Hi albinoapple... This design has many references to physics and natural phenomenons. you can see a mix of planetary systems with attraction and gravity going on. Graphically we can also make references to atoms. The position of the little guy and his rocket on the globe shows the wonders of Gravity. Otherwise they would fall.

But I wanted also to keep some poetry... Life is about it too... all those phenomenons are there so we can forget the practical side and admire the beauty of all those things ruling our lives and existence, that's why we can see literary references, dream and overall simplicity because I think that this is all about it. Oh God I may be accused here of grits with all this speech, but I don't care I did what I felt...

Ah, sorry about my english, I should never write too much on a foreign language.)

Azroix

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Azroix

Thanks for all the kind words. Based on votes, this is my most successful debry entry ever!

walmazan

quality posts: 64 Private Messages walmazan
Re: Cold Fusion

WOW! An you do again guys!

skills!

+1

LOLcommunism

LOL

Very awesome.

Would you kindly...