LOLcommunism

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LOLcommunism
radiomode wrote:It's only the title. The voting is on the design, not the title.

But all it is.. is a protoboard in the shape of a butterfly...

Would you kindly...

LOLcommunism

stingray69 wrote:Too bad there's no text. I think it would be funny to label the little ball "You".

I wish with all my heart there was txt. -___-

Would you kindly...

mogli75

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mogli75
Re: The Force of Attraction

I want this! +1

trilliank

quality posts: 6 Private Messages trilliank
Re: Know Your Quarks

I like this one except for the colors. I think the Quarks would look better on the royal blue shirt. Good work!

gwyn779

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gwyn779
Re: speeding particle

Also, as this is only my second derby, I would appreciate any comments/suggestions. Thanks!

gwyn779

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gwyn779
Re: Cold Fusion

The jar really is amazing. I keep coming back just to look at it.

IndependentVik

quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik
Re: a simple question of weight ratios (v2)

There are so many reasons this rocks. GMV. You might have a shot this week, art.

IndependentVik

Re: a simple question of weight ratios (v2)

There are so many reasons this rocks. GMV. You might have a shot this week, art.

IndependentVik

wootfast wrote:Bruce Campbell guest stars on this shirt as the sheriff.

Brisco!

meh3884

quality posts: 25 Private Messages meh3884
radiomode wrote:It's only the title. The voting is on the design, not the title.

sorry, sorry. let me rephrase. neither the title nor the design has much to do with physics. actually, neither of them have anything to do with physics.

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

walmazan

quality posts: 65 Private Messages walmazan
Re: The Force of Attraction

Thanks for all your support guys!

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 225 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: Frontier Physics

County!

Jr!

---

Thanks everyone for the compliments and the critique. Both are always welcome. I can see I valued fun over wearability on this one, but the concept is sound. Maybe I can tune it up sometime.

I figure it's always better to draw something you feel than try to guess what people want. Even if it bombs you learn a little more about your own style and strengths. Every trail has puddles, son.

intrepidmanitou

quality posts: 0 Private Messages intrepidmanitou

Love this one! I think it'd look great on a shirt. Got my vote for sure. Good luck, zosai!

facemeetpavement

quality posts: 0 Private Messages facemeetpavement

i love the illustration. i mean a lot. but its makes absolutely no sense for it to be on a traffic sign. they don't make traffic signs about a house being demolished.

LOLcommunism

Spiritgreen wrote:County!

Jr!

---

Thanks everyone for the compliments and the critique. Both are always welcome. I can see I valued fun over wearability on this one, but the concept is sound. Maybe I can tune it up sometime.

I figure it's always better to draw something you feel than try to guess what people want. Even if it bombs you learn a little more about your own style and strengths. Every trail has puddles, son.

I would wear this over a glowing thing in a jar.

Just saying. Awesome job.

Would you kindly...

fabiofranca

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fabiofranca
Re: The Solar System

I would love to see a detail of the halftone used on this... specially the head of the octopus....

LOLcommunism

missmissa07 wrote:Ha!

I was hoping this shirt would be doing a lot better.

Maybe no ones seen the double rainbow vid. I was completely oblivious to it until last week.

Would you kindly...

gyro8891

quality posts: 2 Private Messages gyro8891
Re: Nuclear Fusion-HA!

YES! This shirt must print. Failure is not an option!

suzer22

quality posts: 2 Private Messages suzer22
Re: Triple Point

I really love the coloring - the combination and overlapping of colors, with the black line drawing over top - but I'm afraid that all I see in this particular picture is a sitting butt.

gyro8891

Re: Nuclear Physics

I agree that this design is eminently 'wearable'. So many designs I see on woot are clever and/or beautiful, but really just don't belong on a shirt. Those are frustrating because I like them but can't bring myself to get a shirt with those designs.

This, on the other hand, is fantastic. I can imagine it looking like a guy under a tree at first glance. What really struck me was how the mushroom cloud/tree seems to start as one and become the other as you look up or down it. Very well done, and GMV for sure.

iloveschocobos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iloveschocobos
MadamAtom wrote:Yup.

I agree too.

gyro8891

Re: Orbital Hoopla

The art's nice and all, but I really can't see myself wearing it. I prefer wordless references, and unless I'm missing something this is pretty much just the sun hula-hooping the planets, end of story.

Who knows, I could be the only one. Congrats on fogging, though.

gyro8891

Re: The Solar System

It's very subtle (color-wise), and I think to someone looking at the shirt it may be almost invisible on all that black. I always worry about that stuff though.

Anyway, I'm holding out for the fusion dance. Sorry.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 225 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: Physics of a Falling Cat (resub)

Ha, nicely drawn. You really captured that twisting movement well.

Cool shirt! :^) GMV.

gyro8891

MaliceKaiser wrote:Couldn't agree more. I'm not sure how the title of it relates either; I'm not sure "the butterfly effect" means what the artist thinks it means. Cool design, but I don't see it as on-topic with this derby.

Yeah, I feel the same way. It looks nice, but physics, chaos theory and circuit boards are all very, very different things. Wait for a digital nature derby and resub.

gyro8891

Re: Frontier Physics

I just watched them disprove this one on Mythbusters yesterday.

gyro8891

Re: Static Electrikitty

Without the derby context and the title overhead, this shirt would just be a cat and a balloon.

snachreiner

quality posts: 0 Private Messages snachreiner
Re: Nature's Gravity v2

Reworked resub of my first design. Please check it out, vote, and leave any comments bellow.

canaryk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages canaryk
staffell wrote:Ha, well I didn't realise that, and I'm not so stupid to think you couldn't google that source, but I genuinely didn't see that entry, so I apologise.

Resub and link?

apeman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages apeman
xarizmu wrote:really cute design!

Thanks xarizmu its good to know someone out there enjoys it

snachreiner

quality posts: 0 Private Messages snachreiner
Re: Nature's Gravity v2

Reworked resub of my first design. Please check it out, vote, and leave any comments bellow.

LOLcommunism

gyro8891 wrote:The art's nice and all, but I really can't see myself wearing it. I prefer wordless references, and unless I'm missing something this is pretty much just the sun hula-hooping the planets, end of story.

Who knows, I could be the only one. Congrats on fogging, though.

Nonononono, I agree with you copmpletely.

and Congrats

Would you kindly...

LOLcommunism

Spiritgreen wrote:Ha, nicely drawn. You really captured that twisting movement well.

Cool shirt! :^) GMV.

Thank you so much spirit! :D

Once again, that shark tank will rise again!

Would you kindly...

LOLcommunism

gyro8891 wrote:It's very subtle (color-wise), and I think to someone looking at the shirt it may be almost invisible on all that black. I always worry about that stuff though.

Anyway, I'm holding out for the fusion dance. Sorry.

I agree, it probably won't print well.

Would you kindly...

LOLcommunism

snachreiner wrote:Reworked resub of my first design. Please check it out, vote, and leave any comments bellow.

Awesome! <3

Would you kindly...

LOLcommunism

apeman wrote:Thanks xarizmu its good to know someone out there enjoys it

I think you'd be fool not to.

Its very cute.

Would you kindly...

gyro8891

Re: Phive Phamous Physibots

Einstein Newton Tesla Schroedinger Hawking?

soulgirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages soulgirl
Re: Know Your Quarks

Anyone who knows anything about particle physics will know that this shirt is hilarious!! I think this one and the standard model are the the two best ones so far that I have seen. The faces and outfits on the quarks are too funny. I have to say my favorite color is blue, but this would have looked better on a different color.

johnnykosher

quality posts: 0 Private Messages johnnykosher
Re: Retro Physics

I like it. As for similarity, I think if woot rejected this then any atom with a face (and no other setting) would warrant a d/q. That constrains the derby theme a tad too much, so I suspect woot will leave well enough alone.

But I do find it funny how cranberry always amounts to retro.

(i also enjoyed the nerd-rage semantic/snarky argument, i'm just sad to see nerd-rage has turned to cannibalism)

RT0wn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RT0wn
Re: Gravity

This shirt. Now.