skyflier8

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skyflier8
Re: It's a MIRACLE?!?

I died when I saw this. I don't know if that was an ICP fail or win, but I like the shirt idea, definitely made me laugh.

skyflier8

Re: DOUBLE RAINBOW PHYSICS ALL THE WAY!

WOOOO YEEAH!!

Love the design and the title just made me laugh.

skyflier8

Re: The Doppler Effect

This is definitely my favorite design, I absolutely love it. Best of luck, hope this wins so I can get one!

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
megsck wrote:sooooo purrrrrdy! lovely illo, and i liked your first placement, wish woot would let us place designs there. nice job!

Agreed - The placement was great. But, gotta stick within the rules. Good job on the re-sub. GMV.

paigeg

Re: Defying Gravity

Lol! Gotta have this if it prints. There are SOME folks who might think it's all too appropriate for me, but...

paigeg

Re: COWABUNGA

The colors are slammin' - love it! GMV.

paigeg

Re: The Solar System

The size/placement is just a bit wonky for me, but a great illo. Good luck - looks like you're solidly in the fog.

paigeg

Re: Nuclear Physics

So terribly depressing, but masterfully executed. GMV for the style and execution, though I don't know if I could bring myself to wear it.

megsck

quality posts: 6 Private Messages megsck
gyro8891 wrote:Without the derby context and the title overhead, this shirt would just be a cat and a balloon.

and?

roberttravis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages roberttravis
gyro8891 wrote:Einstein Newton Tesla Schroedinger Hawking?

Clearly number 4 is Justin Timberlake

;)

LOLcommunism

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LOLcommunism
Lagbert wrote:Anti-gravity!

I love anti-gravity

Would you kindly...

dreamwootseeker

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dreamwootseeker
cosmiccow wrote:Very well drawn, but it comes off as one of those designs where you give it a title to make it fit the theme, rather than designing for the theme.

Hit the nail right on the head. Most definitely off topic.

LOLcommunism

roberttravis wrote:Clearly number 4 is Justin Timberlake

;)

Really? I was thinking Lance Bass

Would you kindly...

LOLcommunism

skyflier8 wrote:WOOOO YEEAH!!

Love the design and the title just made me laugh.

LOL, I'm glad someone enjoyed double rainbow!

Would you kindly...

LOLcommunism

dreamwootseeker wrote:Hit the nail right on the head. Most definitely off topic.

Seems to be a lot of that going around lately.

Would you kindly...

benbell2010

quality posts: 0 Private Messages benbell2010
Re: Charm Quark

GAH! it mades me sad that you can't have text b/c then the shirt wouldn't need an explanation... otherwise, great design!

plasmablaster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages plasmablaster
Re: The Sky Is Falling

Here is a larger image:

Click Here!

specsmachine

quality posts: 31 Private Messages specsmachine

I can not thank everyone enough for the continued support. I know this design is pretty much guaranteed not to sell any kids sizes if it did actually print due to the mature nature. Its definitely 180 degrees from the cutesy designs I have submitted in the past, but it evoked many emotions in me during the creation process... something that simply did not happen when I was drawing that kawaii lemon from a few derbies back. Thanks again, everyone.

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
Re: Cold Fusion

Thanks for the nice comments everyone, and also for the critiques. As Tjost said, it's hard to please everyone ^^;. When I heard about the star in a jar I didn't understand it either, but upon reading about it I felt it would be visually neat to make. We did our best with it, but I perfectly understand why it doesn't appeal to some people.

Thanks again, guys.

Johndis5

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Johndis5
sogj wrote:I like the smile, i like the cranberry, and it's different enough that I would wear this shirt and not the other one. Great design.

Thanks!

Johndis5

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Johndis5
Re: KEEP PLUTO A PLANET.

When I was young I always proclaimed my distaste for Pluto. Then they kicked Pluto out of the planet club. Coincidence? You decide.

Also, no text. Sorry

SpazX

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SpazX

Well it's at least in 8th place at this point (thanks to the weird 10th place being 9th thing). Maybe it can print. What the hell, if it prints I'll buy one, maybe I look good in yellow.

aplu07

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aplu07
Re: Gravity v2

This is really good. I am a little unsure about the number of apples, but GMV. Good Luck!

pwnscone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pwnscone
Re: Physics of a Falling Cat (resub)

This is obviously the best shirt ever. Anyone who doesn't vote for it is wrong.

gwyn779

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gwyn779
gyro8891 wrote:Yeah, I feel the same way. It looks nice, but physics, chaos theory and circuit boards are all very, very different things. Wait for a digital nature derby and resub.

Um, chaos theory is definitely a part of physics...physics is about matter/forces/interactions and chaos theory is about sensitivity to initial conditions when modeling forces/interactions (way more than just weather). And circuit boards/electronics are also a huge part of physics...Ohm's Law is one of the first things taught in physics.

I agree that the design doesn't have much to do with chaos theory other than being in the shape of a butterfly (in general circuit boards aren't very chaotic, if they were computers would tell us that 2+2 is whatever random number that happened to come through), but it definitely relates to physics. And it's certainly not the first time a title was a reference rather than a description of the design.

In short, absolutely on topic, as well as beautiful.

Siax

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Siax
LOLcommunism wrote:YEAH, but I think I beat that dead horse, dragged it some ways, then killed and beat its children. ):

Imma cool it with the clouds until the time comes for me to use em again.

Watch the next derby be "clouds." XD

lol that would be funny

TehBug

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TehBug
artulo wrote:The public demanded it, so how can I not comply? Well, you have to know these things when you're a king, you know.

You sir, are awesome.

Naolito

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Naolito
Re: Escaping gravity

Thanks everyone for your nice words!!

bassanimation

Re: butterfly effect

This is a lovely design, very wearable and pretty . I also like the color choices. Nice!

be10der2me

quality posts: 0 Private Messages be10der2me
Re: butterfly effect

I like the design,simple,colorful and relative to the topic. Good job! You have my vote!

parrotworks

quality posts: 16 Private Messages parrotworks
Re: falling into wormholes

Enough entries for this week. Off to go find a life. Enjoy.

lexiflexi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lexiflexi
Re: Escaping gravity

cool design very well done!

lexiflexi

Re: Physics of a Falling Cat (resub)

simple and clever! i love it

lexiflexi

Re: The Force of Attraction

this is just too cute!!!!

lexiflexi

Re: Universal Pie Chart Bully

hahaha i like it!

lexiflexi

Re: Defying Gravity

wicked cool! not sure about the fence... but awesome illustration!

jomichar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jomichar
Re: Wormholed!

This bird-brained predator is stymied by his four-dimensional prey. The sneaky worm is chewing holes in both your apples and your spacetime!

Related sidenote: if you haven't seen the preview for the four-dimensional game Miegakure yet, it's definitely worth a look!

lexiflexi

Re: The Origin of the Universe

nice colors!

bassanimation

jomichar wrote:This bird-brained predator is stymied by his four-dimensional prey. The sneaky worm is chewing holes in both your apples and your spacetime!

Related sidenote: if you haven't seen the preview for the four-dimensional platformer Miegakure yet, it's definitely worth a look!

This is fantastic! Wonderful illustration style and coloring. Right up my alley! Also...yes wormholes..love. +1

indihar

quality posts: 7 Private Messages indihar
Re: Grumble

OK...I know it's not a "joke" if you have to explain it...

But go ahead and explain it to me anyway...