lexiflexi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lexiflexi
Re: 8 bit laser fractals

awesome!!!!

indihar

quality posts: 7 Private Messages indihar
Re: falling into wormholes

LOL...

Just don't wear any red shirts, while you're doing it...

lexiflexi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lexiflexi
Re: Wormholed!

yes!! really awesome illustration and colors! i love their expressions as well hahaha!

pi3832

quality posts: 4 Private Messages pi3832
Re: Nuclear Physics

Nice design, but the '80s are over. Nuclear energy is the future--or, rather, it should be.

stupididiot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stupididiot
Re: Wormholed!

I always knew it! those worms are a sly bunch. really nice work! +1 from me! =)

synclaire

quality posts: 0 Private Messages synclaire

Love the bird poo-style color palette, too! Definitely GMV!

linablade

quality posts: 0 Private Messages linablade
roberttravis wrote:Clearly number 4 is Justin Timberlake

;)

LOL! Hilarious! XD Now I wish I HAD drawn that.

plasmablaster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages plasmablaster

Very cool design!

christri25

quality posts: 0 Private Messages christri25

I want one.

Darquis

quality posts: 27 Private Messages Darquis
SpazX wrote:Well it's at least in 8th place at this point (thanks to the weird 10th place being 9th thing). Maybe it can print. What the hell, if it prints I'll buy one, maybe I look good in yellow.

Eh?

I love the design, it's really quite brilliant. I like the nice little touch of the "flower" too. I echo some of the worry about lemon, but when I think about it, lemon is the most suited color for this shirt.

Darquis

Re: Radiation Hazard

The fact that this is already at 60+ votes when it's pretty widely for sale elsewhere is a bit bothersome.

Perhaps incorporate this logo (assuming that people have the right to use it in designs - Hot Topic isn't exactly shy about plagiarizing) into something else that's also related to physics (like the nuclear newton design did)?

plasmablaster

flannelman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages flannelman
kc8iep wrote:I'm surprised no ones asked but are they African or European?

That, my good sir, is because everyone knows that African swallows are non-migratory.

plasmablaster

Re: The Black Hole

The facial expressions are very good

wootvan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages wootvan
Re: Applied Physics

Is that an ACME banana peel?

Darquis

fabiofranca wrote:Darquis
If it wasn't gravity, the rocket of this little astronaut would not be able to stand on this small planet.

I see what you mean, maybe I should have been more clear.

If gravity is being represented merely by someone standing on a planet, then doesn't that open the door to many other entries which are also "gravity is in play, so physics are represented" because the entry takes place on a planet/people are not floating away?

I'm not trying to be overly critical, and I do like the entry, I just feel it's not related enough to the theme. Best of luck!

plasmablaster

This is a very complete design. I like it a lot.

flamestamp13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages flamestamp13
Re: Know Your Quarks

Thanks to everyone for their advice. I changed the shirt color (and the color of the quarks, slightly) and added a little more detail to Up and Down.

Hope you like the new one!

specsmachine

quality posts: 31 Private Messages specsmachine
pi3832 wrote:Nice design, but the '80s are over. Nuclear energy is the future--or, rather, it should be.

It harkens back further than you think! I know it's kinda hard to tell, but the design is actually based in the 1940s. That's why I equipped the soldier with an M1 carbine rifle and the bombs resemble the Fatman bomb that was dropped on Nagasaki. In that sense I guess its more of a "memorial" than a harbinger of things to come... but I totally understand what you're saying.

cazking

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cazking
lexiflexi wrote:hahaha i like it!

thanks

Darquis

Re: Know Your Quarks V.2

Hahahahahah

I wish you'd used a color other than blue for the background, but i love the concept

specsmachine

quality posts: 31 Private Messages specsmachine
Re: X Ray Specs

I think it would be cool if you could see the heart, lungs, etc. through the glasses like they were looking through the shirt wearer's body.

czar21

quality posts: 1 Private Messages czar21
Darquis wrote:The fact that this is already at 60+ votes when it's pretty widely for sale elsewhere is a bit bothersome.

Perhaps incorporate this logo (assuming that people have the right to use it in designs - Hot Topic isn't exactly shy about plagiarizing) into something else that's also related to physics (like the nuclear newton design did)?

I don't think there's any issue with the "right" to use it, it would be like someone owning the rights to men/women silhouettes you see on bathroom doors.

It's just something I can buy numerous other places; I'd rather not hurt other designs that are (supposedly) specialty ones.

Squanderdalfast

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Squanderdalfast
Re: Defying Gravity

I fear there are too many colors and I doubt you want it to be framed in a black box. Those quibbles aside, I'd like to see an explanation.

mab299108

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mab299108
AutoTechInSTL wrote:And this is physics.. how?

Schodinger's cat is a thought experiment about a cat in a box used to explain elements of quantum physics.

VOTE

effiew

quality posts: 0 Private Messages effiew

It's like a visualization of the t-shirt that says "I wish these were brains"

mab299108

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mab299108
wilmerton wrote:Is it political?

Nah, It's well accepted that if the LHC were to create mini-black holes their mass would be far too low to endanger anyone, furthermore they would be so unstable that they would evaporate in a fraction of a second. O think it just makes for a humorous visual.

VOTE

fabiofranca

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fabiofranca
Darquis wrote:I see what you mean, maybe I should have been more clear.

If gravity is being represented merely by someone standing on a planet, then doesn't that open the door to many other entries which are also "gravity is in play, so physics are represented" because the entry takes place on a planet/people are not floating away?

I'm not trying to be overly critical, and I do like the entry, I just feel it's not related enough to the theme. Best of luck!

I understand you darquis... but have you read the post I did after I wrote you that? All the best and thx for coming by

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
Re: panda physicists play dice with the universe

six colours (black, white, lt gray, red, blue, yellow) on kelly. einstein is said to have objected to the statistical parts of quantum physics by saying god "doesn't throw dice," which is often paraphrased to "god doesn't play dice with the universe." the panda-universe physicists have no objection to playing dice with this anthropomorphic representation of the universe.

this didn't turn out as well as i had hoped when i originally pooped out the idea. oh well.

Darquis

czar21 wrote:I don't think there's any issue with the "right" to use it, it would be like someone owning the rights to men/women silhouettes you see on bathroom doors.

It's just something I can buy numerous other places; I'd rather not hurt other designs that are (supposedly) specialty ones.

You'd be amazed. Someone more longstanding than me can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that the symbol for computer power was once on a shirt here and got rejected as someone else owned the rights to it.

Darquis

linablade wrote:Removed the text from Einstein. Thanks everyone for the feedback! I totally missed that rule in the Derby this week. Hopefully I can still get those votes back.

Back to back you've really hit it out of the park (imo of course).

D1C0M

quality posts: 0 Private Messages D1C0M

Well, I didn't put the perspective as seeing through the chest area for a couple of reasons.

First was perspective. I put the perspective as the reverse of what "X Ray Glasses" normally are. As if you were seeing into the head instead of out.

Second, it was actually part of a different and larger design than this one. For time constraints, I decided to nix the rest of it and just go with the glasses. For the record, this is what I was doing before I simplified it.

D1C0M

quality posts: 0 Private Messages D1C0M

Also, thanks for commenting.

noodlerice

quality posts: 0 Private Messages noodlerice

meh3884

quality posts: 24 Private Messages meh3884
gwyn779 wrote:Um, chaos theory is definitely a part of physics...physics is about matter/forces/interactions and chaos theory is about sensitivity to initial conditions when modeling forces/interactions (way more than just weather). And circuit boards/electronics are also a huge part of physics...Ohm's Law is one of the first things taught in physics.

I agree that the design doesn't have much to do with chaos theory other than being in the shape of a butterfly (in general circuit boards aren't very chaotic, if they were computers would tell us that 2+2 is whatever random number that happened to come through), but it definitely relates to physics. And it's certainly not the first time a title was a reference rather than a description of the design.

In short, absolutely on topic, as well as beautiful.

I disagree. All of your connections are tenacious at best. On those grounds, you can technically relate anything at all to physics. Anything can be applied using physics (or chemistry, etc), it doesn't mean its inherently related to physics.

Even so, chaos theory probably was the best shot at connecting this to physics, but like you said, its only the title. The design itself a bad long shot. Circuit boards and physics? Like making a chemistry derby and submitting a shirt design with a piece of wood on it. Yes, chemistry is involved in the composition of wood. So yes, physical properties and laws must be obeyed when making a circuit board...as with everything in the world.

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

briansantamaria

quality posts: 0 Private Messages briansantamaria

Baby Isaac struggles with the fallacies of physics. When little Newton begins playing with his first balloon, his own law of gravity is shattered by the law of Murphy as something goes tragically wrong.

paulkremer

quality posts: 4 Private Messages paulkremer
Re: What Goes Up...

Kdeuce, can you please cut it out with the dropping warheads??? It's been old for a while now.

ZMaiden

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ZMaiden
solusumbra wrote:i dont think so. with all the excellent and unique designs that are already in the fog, this is one for the trash bin.

as funny as that quote might have been, it doesnt translate well into a shirt worth wearing.

Wow. Let's try to be encouraging or at least slightly positive. At least he's trying, and not stealing designs.

paulkremer

quality posts: 4 Private Messages paulkremer

More dropping warheads...can we please stop with it?