vorteks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vorteks
Re: Pulleys

This is a great idea, but for it to really work for me you'd have to resub with functioning pulleys.

Hint: Pulleys only work if the wheels are getting closer to each other as the object is lifted.

Bloodhunter87

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bloodhunter87
Re: Cold Fusion

Silent power...nothing more +1!

LOLcommunism

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LOLcommunism

Very cute, interesting, original, and wonderful idea and most of all ON-TOPIC

Doesn't seem very shirtable though.
Not for me at least! Good Luck though!

Would you kindly...

LOLcommunism

I LOL'd

A lot XD

Would you kindly...

LOLcommunism

apeman wrote:My cat would agree with these physical diagrams. Although a cat flying through the air appears random, it could be that they are just following the laws of cat physics... completely different from that for humans.

Yeah, cuz we'd land on our faces! :D

@Everyone who said nice things: Thank you soo much!

Would you kindly...

LOLcommunism

Re: BALOON SUCKER

Ah, helium.

I gotcha LOL

Would you kindly...

LOLcommunism

I think this should be in the fog

Just sayin

Would you kindly...

LOLcommunism

stian wrote:Awesome work, i would definately buy this one

I feel like everyone would.

Its on-topic and would look great on a shirt

Would you kindly...

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 210 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: Frontier Physics

@LOLcommunism, thanks! I dig bassanimation & tjost's star in a jar shirt myself though. It's looking mighty popular.

@gyro8891, curse you Mythbusters!!! ::shakes fist::

LOLcommunism

Azroix wrote:LOL, guess he put a picture of a cat on it to attract the ladies.

LOL

Why else?

Would you kindly...

LOLcommunism

Spiritgreen wrote:@LOLcommunism, thanks! I dig bassanimation & tjost's star in a jar shirt myself though. It's looking mighty popular.

@gyro8891, curse you Mythbusters!!! ::shakes fist::

I dun like wearing jars smack dab in the center of my shirt.

I like wearing SHARKS IN TANKS ; -;

Would you kindly...

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
jomichar wrote:True... you'd need some pulleys pulling on other pulleys for it to save that rat some work. Still a great design though!

I realize the pulley system shown on the shirt isn't entirely accurate. When I tried a more realistic system, the composition on the shirt didn't quite look right. It would have pushed the mice to be down on the belly of the shirt, and the focus of the shirt would have been mostly pulleys. So, while it would have been more correct, it would have looked a bit less appealing to the general person (as opposed to physics/pulley fans).

I struggled all day Saturday with how to make a real pulley system work, which is why this entry is so late ^^;. Sorry it's kind of flubbed. I did find a few references and cartoons about pulleys that showed similar displays of them as I have here. I was hoping it would still get the point across about the neatness of pulleys.

EggyToast

quality posts: 1 Private Messages EggyToast

I like too that the figure seems posed similarly to Newton chillin' under a tree. Perhaps one of those planets is going to bonk him on the head, too ;D

LOLcommunism

Maybe people just don't get this whole meme yet.

Maybe this will help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQSNhk5ICTI

and the song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MX0D4oZwCsA

Would you kindly...

LOLcommunism

bassanimation wrote:I realize the pulley system shown on the shirt isn't entirely accurate. When I tried a more realistic system, the composition on the shirt didn't quite look right. It would have pushed the mice to be down on the belly of the shirt, and the focus of the shirt would have been mostly pulleys. So, while it would have been more correct, it would have looked a bit less appealing to the general person (as opposed to physics/pulley fans).

I struggled all day Saturday with how to make a real pulley system work, which is why this entry is so late ^^;. Sorry it's kind of flubbed.

Its fine dearie.

Would you kindly...

EggyToast

quality posts: 1 Private Messages EggyToast
teeidea wrote:I dont know what to say... in the fog, this? Maybe I am getting old.

Yeah, where do you put the lime?

ruf1o

quality posts: 15 Private Messages ruf1o
Re: Nuclear Physics

could you post a link to a detail photo please? I would love to make this my wallpaper at work

Let's go Duke!

be10der2me

quality posts: 0 Private Messages be10der2me
Re: Applied Physics

This wrong on so many levels but it made me laugh! WYLIE!! SOUPS ON!

LOLcommunism

Everytime I look at it

Just a big smile. XD

Would you kindly...

MaliceKaiser

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MaliceKaiser
LOLcommunism wrote:I LOL'd

A lot XD

Same. Got my vote, this is so cute. XD

LOLcommunism

Re: Alice in Fissionland

WOAHAHAHA

I love it! <3 Good luck!

Would you kindly...

LOLcommunism

be10der2me wrote:This wrong on so many levels but it made me laugh! WYLIE!! SOUPS ON!

LOL

Would you kindly...

Hammylink

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Hammylink

It's a little hight on the shirt, but the drawing is great. The reflection is pretty convincing.

It seems like people are hating on this just because it uses similar colors to other shirts. Can you do better? I also don't believe in bashing someone's entire catalog because they have made some ethical mistakes.

bassanimation

Re: Mass X Acceleration

More Lucky genius! This is so cute, and I love those little blue smart cars. We have them all over my city as part of a 'car to go' program. Adorable little things. This is wonderful, +1!!!

jtbradford

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jtbradford

It's a nice illustration, but I don't get the appeal of having it on a shirt. It reminds me of the lithium shirt that got a bunch of votes too a few derbies ago. Maybe wooters have a power fetish?

jomichar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jomichar
Re: Strong Attractive Force

I'm disgusted... but I can't look away! This design is stirring up some feelings for Albert I thought I'd buried long ago. Maybe I'll feel better if I vote...

bassanimation

Re: Wormholed!

Facebooked to get this a bit more love. It's so nice! Push push push!

jomichar

bassanimation wrote:I realize the pulley system shown on the shirt isn't entirely accurate. When I tried a more realistic system, the composition on the shirt didn't quite look right. It would have pushed the mice to be down on the belly of the shirt, and the focus of the shirt would have been mostly pulleys. So, while it would have been more correct, it would have looked a bit less appealing to the general person (as opposed to physics/pulley fans).

I struggled all day Saturday with how to make a real pulley system work, which is why this entry is so late ^^;. Sorry it's kind of flubbed. I did find a few references and cartoons about pulleys that showed similar displays of them as I have here. I was hoping it would still get the point across about the neatness of pulleys.

Ha! I feel your pain! You're right though, it doesn't really matter because more pulleys = more greatness. I think he's able to lift a bigger cheese just because he is energized by the awesomeness of his lifting contraption. GMV! ;)

PixelPotato

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PixelPotato
Re: I lost my sock

I'd totally wear this

jomichar

Re: Orbital Hoopla

You, sir, are a master of simplicity. Nice work!

bassanimation

jomichar wrote:Ha! I feel your pain! You're right though, it doesn't really matter because more pulleys = more greatness. I think he's able to lift a bigger cheese just because he is energized by the awesomeness of his lifting contraption. GMV! ;)

Oh man, you should have seen how many sketches I did of actual pulley systems. I did the long ones, the ones with multiple pulleys on one fixture, etc. It just kept pushing the mice to the bad "underboob" area, or the belly..neither of which are places you want the design to highlight if possible. I also had to be careful about the cheese placements for similar reasons. I wish I'd had more time to fiddle with it.

infam0u5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages infam0u5

very nice, very original, completely creative.. You have my vote, I would like to buy one ^_^

jomichar

Re: The Sky Is Falling

Yes! This is very good and would be very wearable. More votes needed!

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 210 Private Messages Spiritgreen

This is wicked cool.

You need to drop the Q's though! (No lettering or text this week) Maybe switch them for queen's crowns?

sudhillon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sudhillon
Re: Nuclear Fusion-HA!

DBZ reference got me intrigued, and the overall design sold me on the shirt. GMV

bassanimation

Spiritgreen wrote:This is wicked cool.

You need to drop the Q's though! (No lettering or text this week) Maybe switch them for queen's crowns?

Also this is a no bunnies derby Cool design though, very neat take on Alice ^^

olio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages olio
Re: elastikitty

so I guess the string would be made out of...

odysseyroc

quality posts: 32 Private Messages odysseyroc
bassanimation wrote:Oh man, you should have seen how many sketches I did of actual pulley systems. I did the long ones, the ones with multiple pulleys on one fixture, etc. It just kept pushing the mice to the bad "underboob" area, or the belly..neither of which are places you want the design to highlight if possible. I also had to be careful about the cheese placements for similar reasons. I wish I'd had more time to fiddle with it.

When it comes to cartoons, I'm of the belief that "over the top" is more important than "would this work in real life". I think it's great as it is.

The only thing that would make this better in my opinion is if the payoff was bigger. Like if the mouse with the small slice of cheese was really struggling to move it along. kind of like getting even a small piece was an impossible task.

As usual, it's a great piece of art.

mjc613

quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613

I understand why you did it, but Morse Code is not allowed in No Text derbies. Anything that can be typed on a keyboard is out, and even some things you can't type as well (like an infinity sign).

walmazan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages walmazan
Re: Charm Quark

love it+1