endangeredomega

quality posts: 37 Private Messages endangeredomega
olio wrote:so I guess the string would be made out of...

Catgut

sgoman5674

quality posts: 41 Private Messages sgoman5674
adavis23 wrote:I would've added a comment earlier, but I had to hit the road (and I'm not using my computer). Thanks so much for liking it! I based it around my first physics class in school and all the diagrams I could remember. This is my first real derby entry, I entered something last time to see how things work. I feel like I need to make better thumbnails, if anyone has advice on it, I'd be more than willing to hear it.

FYI, the hair of your dude might not be printable.

L3g3ndQ

quality posts: 2 Private Messages L3g3ndQ

but i thought there was no text allowed???

specsmachine

quality posts: 31 Private Messages specsmachine
ruf1o wrote:could you post a link to a detail photo please? I would love to make this my wallpaper at work

Check your private messages.

mab299108

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mab299108
blanked wrote:why is the black hole forming in the arctic instead of the Netherlands?

My intent was that the north pole and top half of north America be bending away from true north(straight up) over toward Europe, which would be beyond the horizon. I also wanted them to remain recognizable ( not too distorted). Maybe it's a little high, but Geneva should be about the same latitude as Quebec, so it's pretty high up there.

VOTE

frogbrooks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages frogbrooks
kc8iep wrote:I'm surprised no ones asked but are they African or European?

They have to be european, african swallows are non migratory

frogbrooks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages frogbrooks

They have to be european, african swallows are non migratory

cosmiccow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cosmiccow
jessison wrote:I think it's a good concept, but the colors remind me too much of Target. Seems like a shirt all the employees might be wearing...if they were cool of course

I thought of that, too. I used to work at Target. I realized that's what made me kind of recoil at this shirt. The colors, shapes, everything about it is very similar to their design scheme.

cosmiccow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cosmiccow
zosai wrote:Thanks for your input, but I created this design specifically for this theme because I wanted to use a more natural representation of an observed phenomenon in the study of physics rather than a symbolic or graphical one.

Optics is a major branch of physics, concerning the behavior and properties of light. The behavior of light when interacting with water is key in my submission.

By this description, any shirt with a visible image would be on topic, because light and optics is a part of, well, seeing things. In fact, I guess you wouldn't even need an image, you could just say, "You can see the shirt, right? It's about optics, and light diffusion."
It's a beautiful image, but nothing about this shirt makes me look at it and think, "Physics!" Is physics involved? Sure. It's involved in everything. That doesn't make the shirt about physics, or overtly connected to physics in any way.

Lagbert

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lagbert
Re: Pulleys

Excellent execution! I've been working on a similar design (single mouse with anvil setting a trap for the cat), and you are so right about the pulleys being a pain to get to work right and look nice within the composition.

Excellent job!

megsck

quality posts: 6 Private Messages megsck
Re: Mass X Acceleration

this reminds me of dumbo! i wish they were pink elephants! haha, nice job lucky =)

swellodell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages swellodell
Re: Cold Fusion

Simply beautiful. Clean cut design.

adavis23

quality posts: 0 Private Messages adavis23
sgoman5674 wrote:FYI, the hair of your dude might not be printable.

So no gradient coloring? Alrighty. Thanks!

adavis23

quality posts: 0 Private Messages adavis23
sgoman5674 wrote:FYI, the hair of your dude might not be printable.

So no gradient coloring? Alrighty. Thanks!

swellodell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages swellodell
Re: Orbital Hoopla

Minor detail: but huge compliment. I love the stars: from far away, the way you did it does look like an actual starry night. *nice*

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 218 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: Wormholed!

Really like this! +1

tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost
Re: Mass X Acceleration

You really packed in those derms.... hahahaha I kill myself

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 135 Private Messages DianaSprinkle
Spiritgreen wrote:This is wicked cool.

You need to drop the Q's though! (No lettering or text this week) Maybe switch them for queen's crowns?

Wow, I didn't even notice the Q's at first. They just sort of blended into the design. This is a really cool image but I think it'll get hit for the bunnies and the text. Shame.

jomichar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jomichar
Re: KEEP PLUTO A PLANET.

Did you know that Pluto is smaller than our own moon?! WHOA! I just found that out and I blame this design for encouraging me to look that up. Thank you for expanding my knowledge, Memphis.

KromeHWI

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KromeHWI
skyflier8 wrote:I died when I saw this. I don't know if that was an ICP fail or win, but I like the shirt idea, definitely made me laugh.

thanks, i was going for the cheep laugh. so im glad it succeeded at least that much for a few people.

i never expected it to go anywhere. im not much surprised that it hasnt.

zenith1047

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zenith1047
Re: Alice in Fissionland

This pops so beautifully, I really want this shirt. Please fix whatever might get you rejected and resubmit it. I hope the little bunny hats can stay, tho. Maybe they don't have to go, I mean, they're not really full bunnies...

Pretending to be human since 1913

jomichar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jomichar
Spiritgreen wrote:
Thanks everyone for the compliments and the critique. Both are always welcome. I can see I valued fun over wearability on this one, but the concept is sound. Maybe I can tune it up sometime.

I figure it's always better to draw something you feel than try to guess what people want. Even if it bombs you learn a little more about your own style and strengths. Every trail has puddles, son.

Agreed! I don't feel like I'm skilled enough at this point to consider my time wasted if I work hard on a design that doesn't happen to win. Every derby I learn something new and also it just gives me an excuse to draw which I don't really get to do otherwise. Double win!

Also I just want to comment that that is one hard skull on ricochet #1. ;)

alranth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alranth
Re: Light as a Particle and a Wave

I always thought the whole wave-particle design shebang was pretty cool.

Closeup of design:

Second attempt at a shirt, constructive crit appreciated

endangeredomega

quality posts: 37 Private Messages endangeredomega
Re: Maxwell's Demon

And now I'm going to have the "Ballad of Maxwell Demon" stuck in my head for the rest of the day. AGAIN! :p

MaliceKaiser

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MaliceKaiser
Re: The Sky Is Falling

I loooove this design. I wish it had more votes. I think the thumbnail you chose doesn't sell the design, unfortunately. Anyway, it's got my vote!

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
megsck wrote:im gonna pretend that these are rats because they are much smarter than mice =)

Oh, rats are by far a win in the brain department. They are actually too smart for their own good in most cases...

Thanks so much for your compliments, Megs!

bkearney09

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bkearney09
Re: Nuclear Physics

It must be mine!

Great concept and execution, and unlike some others, I think you made an excellent choice with the lemon color. It ties in to the radioactivity without being too loud. Very, very well done.

bkearney09

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bkearney09
Re: a simple question of weight ratios (v2)

Crap, easy win here. I WHERE ARE MY PANTS?! this one at all, but I can almost guarantee it will get first place. Monty Python is hilarious though

bassanimation

Spiritgreen wrote:

I figure it's always better to draw something you feel than try to guess what people want. Even if it bombs you learn a little more about your own style and strengths. Every trail has puddles, son.

+1

Lately I've been just doing whatever I feel is fun, and sometimes that's like a drink of fresh water to your art tongue. Hmm. That sounds kind of gross doesn't it? LOL, you know what I mean though.

I really, REALLY like this illustration, Spirit. It's exactly the kind of stuff I love to see. While some people don't favor more illustrative shirt designs, I sure do! Character artists unite! -highfive!-

DianaSprinkle

bassanimation wrote:I still think you should have named this "Fluffy McStaticpants" :}

Ha ha ha, I wasn't sure how you wanted me to spell it.

I happy to see you got your mice up finally. Woot seems to be having trouble right now I keep getting a 503 error when I try to look at the site.

DianaSprinkle

Yay it's up! I really like the way you've colored the cheese on this image, lol sorry I just really like it. The background wood texture is a really nice touch too. Pinches those tiny mice cheeks. =D

bassanimation

DianaSprinkle wrote:Ha ha ha, I wasn't sure how you wanted me to spell it.

I happy to see you got your mice up finally. Woot seems to be having trouble right now I keep getting a 503 error when I try to look at the site.

I am in the Land of 503 Error myself. I wish the site would simmer down, yikes!

jabberjaws13

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jabberjaws13
Re: BRACE FOR IMPACT

no offense, but brace for rejection.....
Perpetual Emotion

Happy Beer.

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
paigeg wrote:Definitely not something I could wear, I'm afraid. Being female, I'd feel like a walking mammogram.

Normally it would be rejected for that reason, but apparently Joel is on hiatus.

jabberjaws13

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jabberjaws13

There was a lot of talk about in the first sub, but once it was resubbed with a furry coconut, it would have been redundant, as declared by the Department of Redundancy Department.

Happy Beer.

ruf1o

quality posts: 15 Private Messages ruf1o
Nekkochan wrote:Now I just want to know how to get a version of the shirt with the animation happening...

http://www.geeklabel.com/lcd_tee.php

Let's go Duke!

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko

Great job Bassanimation! The mousies are so adorable, the colors stand out nicely and I'm loving the textured background!

Vote!

cls31s

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cls31s
itsbeth wrote:Very cool! I suppose it works out well for the octopus that we don't count Pluto anymore.

Nice one, way to shove it in Pluto's face...lol.

cls31s

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cls31s
Re: The Black Hole

Of the current Top 9, this one is the one I want most!!

DianaSprinkle

Spiritgreen wrote:The fluffiness and the way you've shaded it, gives this shirt a wonderful tactile feel. Awesome design!

Heh heh I'm so happy people like the kitty. I really like the way it turned out. I actually have a whole sheet of little images of this cat getting in trouble now.

My brush pen saved me on the fluffiness. But since I didn't think far enough ahead to do the shading in the inking stage I had to select the outside of the cat and use the edges of the selection to make all the shadows have the same fluffiness.