tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost
fabiofranca wrote:I would love to see a detail of the halftone used on this... specially the head of the octopus....

Pretty sure its not a halftone, it looks like they used a brush set to dissolve and sprayed in one place for a few seconds. That means its all little individual pixels that for the most part won't print well because they're too small (woot's not set up to do good index printing where everything is made up of small blocks of color laying right next to each other in a diffuse dither pattern). Still nice art, would make a cool poster.

memphisjones

quality posts: 0 Private Messages memphisjones
jomichar wrote:Did you know that Pluto is smaller than our own moon?! WHOA! I just found that out and I blame this design for encouraging me to look that up. Thank you for expanding my knowledge, Memphis.

Ha, excellent. Arm yourselves with knowledge! It's bizarre how many interesting little characteristics Pluto has.

Also, I watched an episode of "The Universe" the other day about what Earth would be like without the moon. Basically, we'd be screwed.

http://jhdep.com/

D1C0M

quality posts: 0 Private Messages D1C0M
Re: X Ray Specs

mjc613 wrote:Normally it would be rejected for that reason, but apparently Joel is on hiatus.

Ok, you have piqued my interest. I am now wondering what it is about my design that would be grounds for "rejection".

It is, as explained earlier, a design of what it would be like to be wearing "x ray glasses" and instead of looking out of them, you would be able to look into the head and see ones brain. This is not a "mammo" themed design, nor was the premise "mammo" centric.

Reason for the size, is so that a person could make out the "brain" portion from a reasonable distance without having to be too close to "get" the design.

Reason for placement, is because a direct "chest" placement is the acceptable place for the majority of the designs that people tend to vote/purchase. Also, I did note that I did try to put the design as high as possible to avoid this symmetrical design from being placed directly on a womans "chest" area.

The reason I'm explaining all this is not to seem defensive or angry in any way shape or form, because I am not. Rather, I do not wish to have my design nor myself possibly interpreted as being chauvinistic or disrespectful in any way towards women.

If it is to be rejected, so be it, that's fine. I just don't want it to be rejected for the wrong reasons.

Hope this wall of text wasn't too much.

-Cheers!

wallsocket

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wallsocket
Re: What Goes Up...

Awesome shirt! Would love it as a background.

amywatts

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amywatts

Love the concept, just wish the design wasn't on a cream shirt.

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
Re: Light as a Particle and a Wave

I don't think this design will show up well on a black shirt. As it is, it is hard to discern on my screen. Woot's printing is not as good as what you see online.

sogj

quality posts: 15 Private Messages sogj

Please make more t-shirts. You're funny.

I refuse to answer on the grounds that I don't know the answer.

Johndis5

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Johndis5
memphisjones wrote: Pluto chooses Jimmy Dean Sausage for breakfast just like the rest of the solar system.

I have it on good authority that Pluto prefers Bob Evans over Jimmy Dean, and I simply cannot support that.

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
D1C0M wrote:Ok, you have piqued my interest. I am now wondering what it is about my design that would be grounds for "rejection".

...... This is not a "mammo" themed design, nor was the premise "mammo" centric.
.........-Cheers!

I hope you don't mind my abbreviating your note.

It's not the theme. Woot has rejected designs in the past for placing 2 items on the chest that would accentuate a woman's front condition.

Woot has various unstated rules that we have learned about over time and with experience. This one is the "Placement" rule. A shirt would get rejected and the reason would simply state: Placement.

That said, woot has not been rejecting many shirts lately. I think they are waiting to see which ones get into the fog, and then only addressing those for whatever they consider "acceptable".

dmhdb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dmhdb
Darquis wrote:You'd be amazed. Someone more longstanding than me can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that the symbol for computer power was once on a shirt here and got rejected as someone else owned the rights to it.

Nothing about this is original. Where's the creativity? Sorry but I don't like it and would never wear it. Why is it getting votes????

AcorNayho

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AcorNayho
Re: Cold Fusion

The fact that you've been able to render light in glass in this way with a limited selection of colors is truly skillful. Let's take a futuristic concept and put it in a mason jar... quite a brilliant juxtaposition.

+1

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

D1C0M

quality posts: 0 Private Messages D1C0M
mjc613 wrote:I hope you don't mind my abbreviating your note.

It's not the theme. Woot has rejected designs in the past for placing 2 items on the chest that would accentuate a woman's front condition.

Woot has various unstated rules that we have learned about over time and with experience. This one is the "Placement" rule. A shirt would get rejected and the reason would simply state: Placement.

That said, woot has not been rejecting many shirts lately. I think they are waiting to see which ones get into the fog, and then only addressing those for whatever they consider "acceptable".

Ah, thanks for the clarification. I didn't notice that they did this practice. I see now what you were getting at. Thanks again for the clarification and for not taking my concern/post the wrong way.

memphisjones

sogj wrote:Please make more t-shirts. You're funny.

Thank you. I plan on doing weekly submissions indefinitely; it's a great exercise.

And that Bob Evans was a charlatan. However, I support your lack of support...together, we could be a cheaply crafted bra...i mean, wait, what?

alranth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alranth
mjc613 wrote:I don't think this design will show up well on a black shirt. As it is, it is hard to discern on my screen. Woot's printing is not as good as what you see online.

Hmm, good point. I might resub this lighter then

aradicallynewnerd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aradicallynewnerd
Re: Im Sorry, I Didnt Know... (Planetary Deception)

Hmmmm . . . I know I've seen a comic like this somewhere before.

plasmablaster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages plasmablaster
MaliceKaiser wrote:I loooove this design. I wish it had more votes. I think the thumbnail you chose doesn't sell the design, unfortunately. Anyway, it's got my vote!

Thanks for the votes everyone! The thumbnail is definitely less eye catching than I thought it would be, but I hope people will keep voting and that it gains some momentum.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 233 Private Messages kylemittskus
Bloodhunter87 wrote:Silent power...nothing more +1!

+0 because you can't vote. Well done!

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

memphisjones

Re: Wormholed!

Very well done all around. It's a shame there are not more votes for this...

linablade

quality posts: 0 Private Messages linablade

Looks like the rejection gallivanting alpaca got this one pretty quickly. Maybe you could try replacing the rabbit heads with cheshire cats instead? Fixing that and the couple of no-no's mentioned above and I think this will do quite well. Hope you resubmit!

linablade

Darquis wrote:Back to back you've really hit it out of the park (imo of course).

Thanks, Darquis. You've been a big help, believe it or not! Since I'm still learning my way around here your coaching has been much appreciated. And I'm going to keep submitting the best work I can until something gets printed. I'm determined to reach that goal.

memphisjones

I realize this has been thoroughly discussed, but losing the smiley face would solve most of your issues. It distorts the retro vibe for me, and, without it, you'd quell comparisons to that other shirt. On a technical note, horizontal stripes across the chest are a tough sell because sleeves kill the continuity. Unless it's sleeveless.

That said, it's good to test the waters at first. I'm on my third submission and still have a few specifics to work out...

linablade

jasneko wrote:Great job Bassanimation! The mousies are so adorable, the colors stand out nicely and I'm loving the textured background!

Same! That wood grain in the back really makes the solid colored mice and cheese stand out. Very cute design. With the rate it's getting votes, this will be a contender.

MysticHead

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MysticHead
Re: String Galaxy

Nice! good clean design clever idea, keep it up

memphisjones

P.S. With your layout up there, make your illustration and title the focus rather than the t-shirt. Considering the venue, the t-shirt is mostly to show placement, so it can be downplayed to give precedent to your work...

evadman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages evadman

The first thing I thought was that I must have one. the 2nd thing I thought is that the pully system doesn't actually do anything. My 3rd thought was most folks are too uneducated to know, so I will buy it anyway

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
linablade wrote:Same! That wood grain in the back really makes the solid colored mice and cheese stand out. Very cute design. With the rate it's getting votes, this will be a contender.

I did not expect this design to do that well, let alone remain in the hotness ^^; Thank you all so much for your support, and also for the suggestions and critiques.

<:3()~~~ O====O <:3()~~~

Azroix

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Azroix

Aww man, got rejected. Though I can't see how this is "too" similar. Barely similar, maybe ... but "too" similar? Guess I'll have to do more research next time.

Neverendin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Neverendin

I never vote or comment but I love it!

deimateos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deimateos
Re: The Black Hole

I'd buy the crap out of that!

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 225 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: Frontier Physics

@jomichar and bassanimation, hey thanks for the reassurance. Sometimes you know a design isn't going to storm the derby but you just have to draw the darn thing anyway.

And yes they breed their cattle thick-skulled in this town. ;)

Johndis5

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Johndis5
memphisjones wrote:P.S. With your layout up there, make your illustration and title the focus rather than the t-shirt. Considering the venue, the t-shirt is mostly to show placement, so it can be downplayed to give precedent to your work...

I see what you're saying about the layout, but given that it's a fairly simple design, I don't think it matters quite as much.

Thanks for the tips though!

clarinerd

quality posts: 2 Private Messages clarinerd
Kelsium wrote:Wish more people understood what what going on in this shirt. Pretty cool. And now I want some BBQ. gmv

Thanks! Yeah, I think if there were 50% more physics nerds in the woot community and I had 50% more talent, maybe this could be in the fog. :D

Duddles86

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Duddles86
Nekkochan wrote:All y'all must have fatter cats than I do. Himself is 6.5 lb. and looks more like the cat in the current version! Then again, perhaps his excessive fuzziness simply hides it.

Now I just want to know how to get a version of the shirt with the animation happening...

Dems fightin' words! :-D My cat is ~8lbs at 3 yrs old but very small and slim. Its only a certain angles where you would notice it.

Jw... do you feed your cat? :-D

mcguire867

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mcguire867
Darquis wrote:Mucho better, IMO. I only hope check marks are left alone by the rejectonator.

Check marks are symbols, not text. ;) I'm pretty sure this shirt is safe. =)

LOLcommunism

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LOLcommunism
amywatts wrote:Love the concept, just wish the design wasn't on a cream shirt.

What would you suggest it be in? 0:

Would you kindly...

czar21

quality posts: 1 Private Messages czar21
Re: The Doppler Effect

GMV, although unlike a couple others; I'm not a fan of the colors (mainly the baby blue wavefronts), although if you could have found a way to go red/blue with the shift (in front of or behind the source) I would have nerdgasmed. ;)

megsck

quality posts: 6 Private Messages megsck
Re: Time for your PHYSICal

Thanks everyone for their comments! This design makes me laugh whenever i look at it and im glad at least someone other than me laughed as well =) im also glad my thumbnail worked! i was hoping people would click on the thumbnail out of curiosity and then give them a laugh once they see the whole drawing. thanks again i had lots of fun working on this one. =)

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 225 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: The Legend of Sisyphus

Yeah, I like your styling here! Definitely the most physics related part of Greek mythology, even if there was no way of ever completing the task.

+1

tlwwoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tlwwoot

this was my favorite shirt for this derby. i think it is beautiful. very sad.