megsck

quality posts: 6 Private Messages megsck
Re: I lost my sock

FINALLY it let me through, i've tried to comment on this twice but woot errored out on me. This shirt is adorable, I had a white persian kitty once and this is pretty much what she looked like, maybe i should have checked her for all my missing socks. great job diana! i love both of your designs this week!

megsck

bassanimation wrote:I still think you should have named this "Fluffy McStaticpants" :}

HAHAHA i thought of almost the same name! socky mcstatic face! haha, i call my dog Professor Pouty Face. animals names should always be thus. =D

megsck

bassanimation wrote:Oh, rats are by far a win in the brain department. They are actually too smart for their own good in most cases...

Thanks so much for your compliments, Megs!

awwww! i've owned rats here and there in my life and they are the bestest pets! so smart and adorable! and they sit on your shoulder and just munch on things. i even owned a naked rat, which isnt so adorable but still just as awesome. =)

megsck

Re: Monster Trap

this is excellent, love the details! very cute monster too. i think you should try making this contraption!

megsck

Re: Universal Pie Chart Bully

i like the simplicity of this, and the colors work well =)

megsck

D1C0M

quality posts: 0 Private Messages D1C0M
Re: X Ray Specs

Well, there's the placement issues rejection that was foretold not so long ago. Not only have I now noticed it, but I've had the misfortune of being in direct fire of it.

Oh well, I hope the seven people who voted for this design aren't going to be too upset over this. Back to the drawing board... literally.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
Re: The Solar System

Stunning and probably will, indeed, print well, so long as the pantones are right. I trust Doodle.

cazking

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cazking
megsck wrote:i like the simplicity of this, and the colors work well =)

thanks!

AdderXYU

Re: Nuclear Physics

The shape of this and the cries of "totally wearable" pretty much, to me, define why I am nonplussed by voting here, and think woot needs more editorial control.

It's not a bad design, but it really feels forced into constraints instead of organic and wearable. The edge of the tree analog, the height of said tree compared to the size of the falling bomb-apples, the land-line at the bottom... it just makes this a bit awkward. Totally ignoring that the message is a bit trite, it just needs some polish to take it where the intention seems to be. And without that polish, it's just not win-ready.

AdderXYU

izikoo wrote:It's cute, but a rocket chicken crossing the road would garner a lot more votes.

Most people don't live near, nor have ever actually seen an armadillo, and are unaware of the large number of flat ones on the roads.

It looks enough like any number of critters that the concept is still sound. this thing doesn't want to be roadkill. Whether you know it's an armadillo or think it's a possum or something, it's clear.

That said, a rocket chicken would be horrible. Yes, it might bring in the votes, but it would make the piece pointless and trite. Pointless and trite is never worth a higher chance at a grand. It amazes me how often people actually WANT the obvious joke instead.

wizardofkitty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wizardofkitty
Re: Pulleys

This is super adorable! Plus they're not hamsters. ;)

flamestamp13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages flamestamp13
Re: Know Your Quarks v3

See, there is absolutely no text. None. Not even on the layout, to explain the joke. 'Cause that's confusing. Clockwise, from the top, that's Up, Bottom, Strange, Down, Top, and Charm. They're orbiting now. That's not what quarks do. But it looks cool-ish. And doesn't have text.

AdderXYU

Re: Mass X Acceleration

I think this would be even better with a little more downward tilt on the car (to emphasize the weight helping accelerate the vehicle) and less half-tone glow. But the characters are charming and amusing... character is really what you do best.

tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost
AdderXYU wrote:Stunning and probably will, indeed, print well, so long as the pantones are right. I trust Doodle.

I trust doodle as well and it should print well except for the indexed pixels in the octo's head (to do it right Woot will need to use at least a 300 mesh screen with a good opening ratio to thread thickness at a fairly high newton tension, which they could do, but I'm gonna guess they run with mostly 180-225 mesh). I do have a little more experience with the technical side of printing then most here, but what do I know, you sir are the authority on all things printed, I bow to your great wisdom

capedcrusader514

quality posts: 1 Private Messages capedcrusader514

Loooove how you've done the background. The whole thing is excellent.

zenith1047

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zenith1047
linablade wrote:Looks like the rejection gallivanting alpaca got this one pretty quickly. Maybe you could try replacing the rabbit heads with cheshire cats instead? Fixing that and the couple of no-no's mentioned above and I think this will do quite well. Hope you resubmit!

I really like the idea of the cheshire cats. Please do a resub, quickly! I hope this can gain a lot of steam and make a lot of headway before thursday. This is by far my favorite shirt in this derby.

Pretending to be human since 1913

pollenator77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pollenator77
Re: Monster Trap

Need a larger version! Also, you gotta get really lucky that there's a monster eating the cookies at the same time as the candle flame finally burns through the rope. And who lights the candle? Neat design though, as always.

Darquis

quality posts: 27 Private Messages Darquis
Re: May contain live animals.

If this is a reference to the other design about Schrodinger's cat, which I think it is, this design isn't even close. Meanwhile, a design very similar to one in the reckoning right now is still in the fog. Boo

linablade

quality posts: 0 Private Messages linablade

This is an adorable illustration, and I love your color choices. I hope this gets more votes! +1

Darquis

Re: Know Your Quarks

Since the text isn't on the shirt (you can see it) then no, there's no text here. I don't think this should have been rejected - but if it was, why was the identical design on royal blue left alone?

Darquis

Azroix wrote:Aww man, got rejected. Though I can't see how this is "too" similar. Barely similar, maybe ... but "too" similar? Guess I'll have to do more research next time.

I agree with you - but rejections are always fickle.

Darquis

flamestamp13 wrote:See, there is absolutely no text. None. Not even on the layout, to explain the joke. 'Cause that's confusing. Clockwise, from the top, that's Up, Bottom, Strange, Down, Top, and Charm. They're orbiting now. That's not what quarks do. But it looks cool-ish. And doesn't have text.

Yeah inconsistency again. The cranberry suits it more though, I think.

Darquis

dmhdb wrote:Nothing about this is original. Where's the creativity? Sorry but I don't like it and would never wear it. Why is it getting votes????

Originality and creativity are not required to get votes or print at shirt.woot. You must have confused the site with another. ;)

Darquis

tgentry wrote:C'mon, lucky 100!

102 and climbing! You better get an HM on this one.

LOLcommunism

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LOLcommunism

of ALL the shirts to get ban-hammered in this derby.

One of the only ones on-topic :/

Would you kindly...

PixelPants

quality posts: 68 Private Messages PixelPants
Re: Gravitational Pool

The moon takes a more active role in effecting the tides. No-one can resist it's gravitational pool party.

LOLcommunism

Creative! You should drawn the moon tugging on the ocean or something

Would you kindly...

LOLcommunism

By the way, I loved your cities entry <3

Would you kindly...

LOLcommunism

wizardofkitty wrote:This is super adorable! Plus they're not hamsters. ;)

WHUTS WRONG WITH HAMSTARS?

Would you kindly...

sokowa

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sokowa
perahta wrote:This is really sad...

I'm paying how many thousands of dollars to go to college and get educated...by people who don't know cows can walk down stairs?...

{face:palm}

lol eh well. It is a fun topic online. Take it how you will.

IndependentVik

quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik
odysseyroc wrote:This should have way more votes. I really like this illustration a lot, great job.

This.

GMV!

LOLcommunism

sokowa wrote:lol eh well. It is a fun topic online. Take it how you will.

LOLOLOLOL

Hey hey, so what if they CAN walk downstairs.

They don't willingly though. My farmer friends tell me how hard it is to lead a cow down stairs.

Would you kindly...

thedeadhead1077

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thedeadhead1077

Me Likey!!!

Azroix

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Azroix

Lol, I keep viewing this design just to laugh. Reminds me of the aftermath of catspinning. Good times. Man I hope this can get in the fog.

LOLcommunism

Azroix wrote:Yeah, and I was pretty hype about all the votes I'd gotten.

I'm so sorry it got bizanned.. ):

I really love this shirt, its totally shirt-able.

I feel people choose pretty designs over whats actually wearable.

And I dont know what the rejectionators problem is.

Better luck next time I guess. Youre very talented, I can't wait to see waht you have next.

Would you kindly...

specsmachine

quality posts: 31 Private Messages specsmachine
AdderXYU wrote:The shape of this and the cries of "totally wearable" pretty much, to me, define why I am nonplussed by voting here, and think woot needs more editorial control.

It's not a bad design, but it really feels forced into constraints instead of organic and wearable. The edge of the tree analog, the height of said tree compared to the size of the falling bomb-apples, the land-line at the bottom... it just makes this a bit awkward. Totally ignoring that the message is a bit trite, it just needs some polish to take it where the intention seems to be. And without that polish, it's just not win-ready.

Duly noted!

LOLcommunism

Azroix wrote:Lol, I keep viewing this design just to laugh. Reminds me of the aftermath of catspinning. Good times. Man I hope this can get in the fog.

I'm hopin' too! Thank you, I'm glad you enjoy it.

I'm sorry bout your Zombie kitty. 100% original, I don't care what anyone else says.

Would you kindly...

etherbrian

quality posts: 0 Private Messages etherbrian

Thanks, good people, for the good words. Methinks my brain hiccupped because I knew better than to put Q's and bunnies in the design, and I kicked myself after everybody pointed it out. However, as nifty the idea of cheshire cats may be, flying death rabbits drop thermonuclear pocket watches, not disappearing kitty cats, so I'll just have to be more careful next time.

alranth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alranth
Re: Light as a Particle and a Wave

I always thought the whole wave-particle duality shebang was pretty cool.

I tweaked the colors and design a bit to make it show up better on the shirt.