LOLcommunism


quality posts: 0 Private Messages LOLcommunism
etherbrian wrote:Thanks, good people, for the good words. Methinks my brain hiccupped because I knew better than to put Q's and bunnies in the design, and I kicked myself after everybody pointed it out. However, as nifty the idea of cheshire cats may be, flying death rabbits drop thermonuclear pocket watches, not disappearing kitty cats, so I'll just have to be more careful next time.




Dude its kool.

They've been allowing bunnies a lot lately.

Juts resub it man, you can do it! :D

I love this design <3

Would you kindly...

LOLcommunism


quality posts: 0 Private Messages LOLcommunism
alranth wrote:I always thought the whole wave-particle duality shebang was pretty cool.

I tweaked the colors and design a bit to make it show up better on the shirt.



They do show up better! Good tweak

Would you kindly...

mjc613


quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
Re: Grappling with Gravity



You have used more than 6 colors of ink, which is against woot's rules. You have also used gradients that they can't print. I recommend you change these things in your design, or you could face rejection.

mjc613


quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613

alranth


quality posts: 0 Private Messages alranth

Thanks for the input!

zosai


quality posts: 1 Private Messages zosai
cosmiccow wrote:By this description, any shirt with a visible image would be on topic, because light and optics is a part of, well, seeing things. In fact, I guess you wouldn't even need an image, you could just say, "You can see the shirt, right? It's about optics, and light diffusion."
It's a beautiful image, but nothing about this shirt makes me look at it and think, "Physics!" Is physics involved? Sure. It's involved in everything. That doesn't make the shirt about physics, or overtly connected to physics in any way.



I understand what you are saying, and thanks for the compliment, but my design is not merely visible, its content is light. The theme is light. In fact, it is entirely composed of rays and beams of light, made distinguishable by the particular phenomenon I was interested in, “crepuscular rays,” which usually occur at sunset brought on by shadows from clouds. The opening to the cave functions as the shadow-producing element in this case.

It’s true that I set out to make a design that was not “about” physics. I did not want a reference to the field itself, physicists, or other aspects that would create a self-referential meaning. I wanted something that would demonstrate physics in the natural world, something that physicists would study, but that wouldn’t be a model, a symbol, or something only found in a lab. Only a comparative few shirts in the derby are “about” physics (like the Phive Physibots, Cold Fusion, Retro Physics, e.g.), the rest feature something physical that physicists would study. Mine is no different. Thanks again for your feedback.

LOLcommunism


quality posts: 0 Private Messages LOLcommunism
ekhozindar wrote:...what is boning? is that a compliment?



LOL

Would you kindly...

LOLcommunism


quality posts: 0 Private Messages LOLcommunism
zosai wrote:I understand what you are saying, and thanks for the compliment, but my design is not merely visible, its content is light. The theme is light. In fact, it is entirely composed of rays and beams of light, made distinguishable by the particular phenomenon I was interested in, “crepuscular rays,” which usually occur at sunset brought on by shadows from clouds. The opening to the cave functions as the shadow-producing element in this case.

It’s true that I set out to make a design that was not “about” physics. I did not want a reference to the field itself, physicists, or other aspects that would create a self-referential meaning. I wanted something that would demonstrate physics in the natural world, something that physicists would study, but that wouldn’t be a model, a symbol, or something only found in a lab. Only a comparative few shirts in the derby are “about” physics (like the Phive Physibots, Cold Fusion, Retro Physics, e.g.), the rest feature something physical that physicists would study. Mine is no different. Thanks again for your feedback.




I think you should stop replying to these. Your fingers are gonna break off LOL.

Haters gonna hate dawg, I'm glad you take it in stride though. You take criticism very well <3

Would you kindly...

bluetuba


quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
Re: Diving With Photons!



WHERE ARE MY PANTS?!!

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

L3g3ndQ


quality posts: 2 Private Messages L3g3ndQ
LOLcommunism wrote:I'm so sorry it got bizanned.. ):

I really love this shirt, its totally shirt-able.

I feel people choose pretty designs over whats actually wearable.


And I dont know what the rejectionators problem is.

Better luck next time I guess. Youre very talented, I can't wait to see waht you have next.



yea how can this get regected when there is a design in the fog with text in it?? and this is nothing like the other shirt.

lucky1988


quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988
Re: Mass X Acceleration



@Spiritgreen-Thanks, it's a formidable force indeed!

@specsmachine-Thanks!

@PixelPants-Thanks!

@LOLcommunism-Thanks!

@MaliceKaiser-Glad you like it.

@bassanimation-Cheers, I've seen some yellow ones out here, but not the blue ones yet.

@megsck-That's a great idea, I should have made them pink like in Dumbo. One of my favorite scenes ever.

@tjost-Ha, badda-bing!

@AdderXYU-Cheers! What's funny is I tilted the image -10 degrees just before submitting, I had it flat originally.

@linablade-Thanks!

laurafoy


quality posts: 3 Private Messages laurafoy
Re: Schrödinger's Cat



So does this mean there's a permanent ban on all shirt representations of Shrodinger's cat experiment?

This isn't at all similar to the other shirt. Just think of all the shirts with robots on them that get printed, are they all similar to each other because of similar subject matter?

tgentry


quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

solusumbra wrote:the little sphere is heavier because when you pack the same mass into a smaller space, the object is denser (ie. heavier).



Yeah I understand what's going on, I'm just not positive someone not thinking about physics at the time (like someone not privy to this derby theme) will get that this design is going for a physics joke. Like I said, I could be completely wrong about that.

lucky1988


quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988
Re: Charm Quark



Thanks walmazan!

mjc613


quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
Re: Grappling with Gravity (resub)



Unless you are using some kind over overscreening, I still see 8 colors:
red
yellow
green
brown
black
white
maroon
ecru

Woot's printing only allows 6

optimusjimbo


quality posts: 0 Private Messages optimusjimbo
mjc613 wrote:Unless you are using some kind over overscreening, I still see 8 colors:
red
yellow
green
brown
black
white
maroon
ecru

Woot's printing only allows 6



so black and white count as colors then...okay.......... thud thud thud

LOLcommunism


quality posts: 0 Private Messages LOLcommunism
laurafoy wrote:So does this mean there's a permanent ban on all shirt representations of Shrodinger's cat experiment?

This isn't at all similar to the other shirt. Just think of all the shirts with robots on them that get printed, are they all similar to each other because of similar subject matter?



Thats what I was talking about.

This site spits out bunny, turtle, and cat shirts all the time. :/

Might as well ban all those.

Would you kindly...

Darquis


quality posts: 27 Private Messages Darquis

Why are all Schrodinger's cat designs getting rejected even when they're not similar to the one that printed, and meanwhile (for example) a smiling atom model is allowed in the fog when there's currently one in the reckoning? Retro Physics and Orbital Carbon are much more similar than either of the rejected Schrodinger's Cats are to the one that printed a couple months ago.

LOLcommunism


quality posts: 0 Private Messages LOLcommunism
Darquis wrote:Why are all Schrodinger's cat designs getting rejected even when they're not similar to the one that printed, and meanwhile (for example) a smiling atom model is allowed in the fog when there's currently one in the reckoning? Retro Physics and Orbital Carbon are much more similar than either of the rejected Schrodinger's Cats are to the one that printed a couple months ago.



I hear ya man.

Would you kindly...

smirksy


quality posts: 0 Private Messages smirksy
pollenator77 wrote:Need a larger version! Also, you gotta get really lucky that there's a monster eating the cookies at the same time as the candle flame finally burns through the rope. And who lights the candle? Neat design though, as always.



Finally someone does a Rube Goldberg! Been waiting for one! It looks lovely.

Siax


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Siax
Re: The GRAVI tee



no text

radiomode


quality posts: 3 Private Messages radiomode

midnight0000


quality posts: 1 Private Messages midnight0000
Re: Static Electrikitty



I like the idea but somehow the fact that the cat is yellow bothers me

Usedtabe


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Usedtabe
Re: Diving With Photons!




Looking at what's in the fog, I cannot believe this got knocked out of it. Really? Another stupid cat shirt and about 4 other "cute" shirts with crap art beat this beautiful design? I really hate the voters of shirt.woot sometimes. If it's cute/ironic/hipster trash, they'll vote for it regardless of the quality of the art involved.

Darquis


quality posts: 27 Private Messages Darquis
mcguire867 wrote:Check marks are symbols, not text. ;) I'm pretty sure this shirt is safe. =)



I've seen checks get hit as text. Gonna shut up now lest I jinx it.

wizardofkitty


quality posts: 0 Private Messages wizardofkitty
Jorbex wrote:Simply awesome! It's great to see a subtle DBZ homage.



You have no idea how tempting it was to possibly add super saiyan hair to it. D:

Kelsium


quality posts: 27 Private Messages Kelsium
Re: Gravitational Pool



nice concept. I think it would be cool if the moon were wearing trunks. Nothing fancy. gmv

Kelsium


quality posts: 27 Private Messages Kelsium
Re: Mass X Acceleration



I love the upside-down elephant. Too cute.
gmv!

Kelsium


quality posts: 27 Private Messages Kelsium
Re: Pulleys



Hope this keeps going up and up....

GMV!

bassanimation


quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
Re: Phive Phamous Physibots



Love this one, it's so creative and cute! And of course...I gotta just pinch the cheeks on the little guy in the 'wheelchair'. Awesome work! +1!

Kelsium


quality posts: 27 Private Messages Kelsium
Re: The Force of Attraction



Loves that the magnet has teeth. Great imagination. Wish I still had that much left. Hope this fogs and stays there! GMV!

bassanimation


quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
Re: Classic Monkey and Hunter... Problem.



I mean to come comment on this earlier! Excellent!! I would so wear this. Great illustration, and of course the joke is hilarious. That gorilla means srs bizznuss. I would not want to accidentally thwat it with a dart of any kind..unless it was a banana dart... +1!

bassanimation


quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
Re: Gravitational Pool



This is really lovely, and something about it is peaceful. I grew up in a coastal city, so night time views of the ocean were a big part of my childhood memories. I love the moon too...so much cooler than the sun, duh! This is very cool, and great job on the composition +1!

Lagbert


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lagbert
Re: Planck's Constant



Planck's Constant

The plank doesn't change no matter what time it is. Therefore the plank's constant *ba-dump-ching*

The clock faces read 7:02, 6:06, and 9:36. The first 9 digits of Planck's Constant are 6.62606896

6.62 -> 6:62 -> 7:02
606 -> 6:06
896 -> 8:96 -> 9:36

Hope you guys and gals get a kick out of it.

tjost


quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost
Re: Gravitational Pool



Very nice composition. The facial expression reminds me of the old silent man on the moon movie. Nice ripple effect of the water too. +1 from me

bassanimation


quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
etherbrian wrote:Thanks, good people, for the good words. Methinks my brain hiccupped because I knew better than to put Q's and bunnies in the design, and I kicked myself after everybody pointed it out. However, as nifty the idea of cheshire cats may be, flying death rabbits drop thermonuclear pocket watches, not disappearing kitty cats, so I'll just have to be more careful next time.



Off topic, but I looked at your portfolio. Great work there! -highfive for vector hounds!-

tjost


quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost
Re: Light as a Particle and a Wave



I like it but the only thing getting me is, were are the light waves coming from, the flashlight appears to be off :S Nice work on the wave pattern though, that mustv'e taken a little time.

DianaSprinkle


quality posts: 112 Private Messages DianaSprinkle
megsck wrote:FINALLY it let me through, i've tried to comment on this twice but woot errored out on me. This shirt is adorable, I had a white persian kitty once and this is pretty much what she looked like, maybe i should have checked her for all my missing socks. great job diana! i love both of your designs this week!



Yeah, woot's been rough this pass few days. I'm glad you like the designs I had a lot of fun making them. We only had one persian cat growing up and she was named "Fluffy" by my brother. LOL we were not original.

jasneko


quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Phive Phamous Physibots

Cute and clever - nice work!

flauros22


quality posts: 0 Private Messages flauros22
Re: Triple Point



is it bad that when I first looked at this I thought it was an IUD?