flauros22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages flauros22
Re: a simple question of weight ratios (v2)

I must have this shirt.

alranth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alranth
Re: Planck's Constant

Hahah, the times on the clocks are brilliant, and the shirt itself is delightfully punny. I like it.

PixelPants

quality posts: 69 Private Messages PixelPants
Re: I'm smarter than the gravity

You have mad illustration skills Naolito. With the airbourne subject matter and matching color scheme this is a great companion shirt to your 'Escaping Gravity' design.

palan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages palan
Re: Phive Phamous Physibots

Best one yet. I like the concept of showing the famous 5 as gallivanting alpacas. I think this was one of the inspiration http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Hubo

palan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages palan
Re: Phive Phamous Physibots

Best one yet. I like the concept of showing the famous 5 as gallivanting alpacas. I think this was one of the inspiration http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Hubo

WBW87

quality posts: 1 Private Messages WBW87
Re: What Goes Up...

I really love the design, anyway you could make a quick wallpaper of it for my background?

drgribb

quality posts: 4 Private Messages drgribb
Re: Nuclear Physics

At first I was like ???
But then (after reading the explanation) I was all

Interesting design.

flamestamp13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages flamestamp13
Darquis wrote:Since the text isn't on the shirt (you can see it) then no, there's no text here. I don't think this should have been rejected - but if it was, why was the identical design on royal blue left alone?

I'm gonna guess that someone tattled, or they left the rejectinating until late this week. It seems like the easiest way to check would be to fire up illustrator and check the actual file I sent. Or just reject it blindly because work is hard.

regui8er

quality posts: 0 Private Messages regui8er

Not sure if I ever commented, but this shirt is awesome

teeidea

quality posts: 0 Private Messages teeidea
Re: Gravity

This is out of the fog?
Ahh, no way to have a decent orange woot tee this time (

fabiofranca

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fabiofranca
cosmiccow wrote:I thought of that, too. I used to work at Target. I realized that's what made me kind of recoil at this shirt. The colors, shapes, everything about it is very similar to their design scheme.

I understand your situation cosmiccow. Don't want you to have nightmares with this tee ;)))

Anyway it is too bad for me, cause I wanted to see this orange tee printed by woot... but I am already out of the fog... so I guess no chance...

wicketswidget

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wicketswidget
Re: Time for your PHYSICal

if this wins im so buying this for my old high school math professor!!!!

Shaylan Turner

armandoberra

quality posts: 0 Private Messages armandoberra

adriancontreras

quality posts: 0 Private Messages adriancontreras

batgirl801

quality posts: 0 Private Messages batgirl801
LOLcommunism wrote:I was hoping this shirt would be doing a lot better.

Maybe no ones seen the double rainbow vid. I was completely oblivious to it until last week.

I just saw it on sunday!

sealag

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sealag

Kinda wish it was more "fall-looking" and not so primary colored...blue leaves? Also the white shirt makes the colors pop too much, IMHO.

All who wander are not lost.

executor485

quality posts: 0 Private Messages executor485
tgentry wrote:Yeah I understand what's going on, I'm just not positive someone not thinking about physics at the time (like someone not privy to this derby theme) will get that this design is going for a physics joke. Like I said, I could be completely wrong about that.

I personally think its hilarious and if people dont get it, they're just "dense" ;) lol
Hope this wins so I can buy one.

Talesin

quality posts: 13 Private Messages Talesin
Re: Alice in Fissionland

Shame about the bunnies and the Qs going against the derby rules for the week, I'd instantly be in for three as-is. Absolutely awesome design.

mitchellp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mitchellp
Re: Static Electrikitty

This seems like a winner!

GMV

Good job jasneko

mitchellp

Re: The Force of Attraction

Great work as always!

GMV

gwyn779

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gwyn779
blanked wrote:Like it better than your other entry for this derby (the on that looks like pacman), but fewer lines probably would have been better.

Thanks. I think I was staring at this one too long while making it, kept looking like it needed more. Oh well. And I really tried to make the other not look like pacman (didn't even think of it while drawing), but apparently failed there, too. It's a learning process...

mitchellp

Re: Nuclear Fusion-HA!

oh wow! Someone has been watching too much DragonBallZ

mitchellp

Re: The Evil Twin

very clever

and the detail of evil twin's face is spot on

snachreiner

quality posts: 0 Private Messages snachreiner
sealag wrote:Kinda wish it was more "fall-looking" and not so primary colored...blue leaves? Also the white shirt makes the colors pop too much, IMHO.

Thanks for the input, check the new one.

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=44620

fabiofranca

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fabiofranca
Re: Cold Fusion

These are cool halftones...
Can you imagine if we could have some little recipients like this one with a weak cold fusion going on just to put all around the garden at night and give it some ambience to receive friends in hot summer nights...

Sorry, don't know why I said this...

snachreiner

quality posts: 0 Private Messages snachreiner
sealag wrote:Kinda wish it was more "fall-looking" and not so primary colored...blue leaves? Also the white shirt makes the colors pop too much, IMHO.

OK I hope this is the right link.

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=44620

bkearney09

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bkearney09
AdderXYU wrote:The shape of this and the cries of "totally wearable" pretty much, to me, define why I am nonplussed by voting here, and think woot needs more editorial control.

It's not a bad design, but it really feels forced into constraints instead of organic and wearable. The edge of the tree analog, the height of said tree compared to the size of the falling bomb-apples, the land-line at the bottom... it just makes this a bit awkward. Totally ignoring that the message is a bit trite, it just needs some polish to take it where the intention seems to be. And without that polish, it's just not win-ready.

I disagree. I think this is a very unique design with a clear parody. There is nothing awkward about this design, and nothing trite about the message. Yes there are a lot of shirts out there with radioactive symbols and mushroom clouds, but none as clever and thought out as this is. This shirt is a win in my opinion, whether it prints or not. I sure hope it does...

Adder, your woot rep is way better than mine, but I think your opinion is bunk. This shirt IS wearable. A lot of designs feel like they were created as an illustration and then slapped on a t-shirt comp at the last minute, while this one was designed to be worn on a t. This is a great shirt and I think it will sell well if it prints. No hate Adder, just a difference of opinion

bkearney09

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bkearney09
bkearney09 wrote:Crap, easy win here. I WHERE ARE MY PANTS?! this one at all, but I can almost guarantee it will get first place. Monty Python is hilarious though

woot! why must you make such a fool out of me. very rude. very rude indeed. But seriously...let me know if you have seen my pants.

sdkammer

quality posts: 30 Private Messages sdkammer

I am 12 years old and what is this?

Re: a simple question of weight ratios (v2)

LOLcommunism

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LOLcommunism
Re: The Milky Way

D'aw CUTE!

Would you kindly...

LOLcommunism

Lagbert wrote:Planck's Constant

The plank doesn't change no matter what time it is. Therefore the plank's constant *ba-dump-ching*

The clock faces read 7:02, 6:06, and 9:36. The first 9 digits of Planck's Constant are 6.62606896

6.62 -> 6:62 -> 7:02
606 -> 6:06
896 -> 8:96 -> 9:36

Hope you guys and gals get a kick out of it.

Awesome

Would you kindly...

LOLcommunism

batgirl801 wrote:I just saw it on sunday!

Did you? I feel like no ones seen it on this site. XD

Would you kindly...

blueeyedgoover

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blueeyedgoover
Re: Nuclear Physics

I just keep coming back to this design- there is something about it. The first time I saw it you got my vote.
A quick glace I saw a skeleton leaning against a tree- "what the carp?" Then- HOLY CARP- IT'S NEWTON IN FALLOUT 3!!!! (but where did he find a tree).... well OK, maybe that wasn't your intent, but that was sorta what I saw.
Either way I think it's an amazing design- made me do a double take- and that is exactly what I want when people see my woot shirts. Well Done!

apeman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages apeman
Re: Planck's Constant

great idea to use the clocks as hidden text & really nice texture lines on your planks of wood

LOLcommunism

Re: The Force of Attraction

Hey, the icon doesn't have those running streaky things behind it like the shirt comp does.

Would you kindly...

sealag

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sealag

The atoms holding hands looks like glasses to me and reminds me of the six flags guy:

http://media.photobucket.com/image/old%20guy%20dancing/Rock_Angel_666/Old-Man-1.gif?o=1

All who wander are not lost.

LOLcommunism

LOLcommunism wrote:Hey, the icon doesn't have those running streaky things behind it like the shirt comp does.

Ah its a moving icon. You tricky devil.

Would you kindly...

parrotworks

quality posts: 16 Private Messages parrotworks
tgentry wrote:Yeah I understand what's going on, I'm just not positive someone not thinking about physics at the time (like someone not privy to this derby theme) will get that this design is going for a physics joke. Like I said, I could be completely wrong about that.

I agree this would have done better with text in conveying physics. Wasn't gonna print either way, but woulda done better.

There's only one constant around here for me. If I open my mouth before entering, I get bit. Sigh.

I really wanted to play with other characters too because, in theory, anything of relative sizes works. But it needed to be clear the focus is the size difference.

There's probably some better way to convey this that I've missed. Such is derbying.

apeman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages apeman
Re: Pulleys

So your mice are really cute but... why are they trying to lift the cheese up in the first place??? I like how your shirt really demonstrates the utility of having knowledge!

jabberjaws13

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jabberjaws13
sdkammer wrote:I am 12 years old and what is this?

A great joke wasted on the youth.

I am not being snarky, or trying to come across that way, but go rent (or steal from the internet) a copy of "Monty Python and the Holy Grail".

Hopefully you will not just understand the joke, but come away laughing at one of the most incredibly funny movies of all time.

While you are at it, watch "Three Amigos" too. My hope is that someday a "Three Amigos" tee will surface, and I will wear it to shreds. I think TGentry could do a great clever take on it, or Walmazan could work his magic in making a wearable cartoon shirt.

But I am getting off topic. Go watch Monty Python!

Happy Beer.